12-17-2009, 04:10 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_14010118

Marshall vs. Asomugha matchup a key for Broncos
By Mike Klis
The Denver Post
Posted: 12/16/2009 12:48:32 PM MST
Updated: 12/16/2009 01:26:29 PM MST

Kyle Orton cracked a funny.

During his weekly news conference today, Orton was asked to address how the two serious injuries he's played through this season — a gashed, dislocated index finger on his right throwing hand, and a severely sprained left ankle — are not usually taken into account when people critically analyze the performance of the Broncos' starting quarterback this season.

"You guys are the ones that analyze the quarterback position," Orton said. "So talk amongst yourselves."

That broke up the press room.

The game Sunday should feature a fascinating matchup between Oakland Raiders cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha and Broncos receiver Brandon Marshall, who is coming off an NFL-record 21-catch game at Indianapolis.

"You don't want to live working against him," Orton said, referring to Asomugha. "Brandon's pretty good, too. He's got to cover Brandon. It'll be a good matchup all day and we have a lot of confidence in 15 when he's running his routes."

Mike Klis: 303-954-1055 or mklis@denverpost.com.

Read more: http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_14010118#ixzz0ZyzJ7VQk

MileHighCrew
12-17-2009, 06:11 PM
I don't think it is a key. Marshall is great but the rest of our O is better than the rest of their D. Using Marshall as a decoy this week after the game he had last week wouldn't be a surprise

BroncoWave
12-17-2009, 06:20 PM
I don't think it is a key. Marshall is great but the rest of our O is better than the rest of their D. Using Marshall as a decoy this week after the game he had last week wouldn't be a surprise

Exactly. If you look at Marshall's game by game stats, there are quite a few games in which he only had 3 or 4 catches. I have no doubt that we won't force the ball to him if he's not open. We may see Royal or Scheff having a nice game this week.

The Glue Factory
12-17-2009, 06:39 PM
Exactly. If you look at Marshall's game by game stats, there are quite a few games in which he only had 3 or 4 catches. I have no doubt that we won't force the ball to him if he's not open. We may see Royal or Scheff having a nice game this week.

And yet it would be so hilarious if Marshall broke his own record this week. :elefant:

gobroncsnv
12-17-2009, 07:10 PM
The Raiders CB has such a great name for the team he's on...

I guess this throw away from Marshall is like a very solid, yet time-tested baseball strategy... Hit'em where they ain't.
I'm kinda torn, you want to beat their best in order to make yourself stronger, yet, we are a team that is not so much smashmouth as we are deceptive... depends on the d, we can blow some away, but I don't think we live there yet. But the main thing is, you want to beat them.
I'm glad we have Marshall, love the kid's game, but it feels like he's getting the catches to the detriment of the rest of our receiving corps. Stokes and Royal have become invisible, Scheff seems to have no stats for the last 4+ games... I'd like to see some more balance, even though we know we can count on BMarsh... we need to build into Eddie's game more...

I will be driving to SoCal while the game's on, but will come back after Christmas to see for myself on the Tivo thing. Best to you all, and may the Horse be with you...

weazel
12-18-2009, 11:57 AM

maybe that Royal kid will dress for this game

CoachChaz
12-18-2009, 12:09 PM
maybe that Royal kid will dress for this game

Who is that?

Dean
12-19-2009, 08:29 AM
Here is what Asomugha (sp) has to about the match-up/

http://player.theplatform.com/ps/player/pds/4W6pghHzhl?pid=iI3_KdTDeLHTzruFKdcznPXB2G6YG_Fc

BroncoWave
12-19-2009, 09:00 AM
Namdi actually seems like a respectful, well-spoken player. Too bad a guy like him wound up in Oakland.

Lonestar
12-19-2009, 06:38 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_14010118

Marshall vs. Asomugha matchup a key for Broncos
By Mike Klis
The Denver Post
Posted: 12/16/2009 12:48:32 PM MST
Updated: 12/16/2009 01:26:29 PM MST

Kyle Orton cracked a funny.

During his weekly news conference today, Orton was asked to address how the two serious injuries he's played through this season — a gashed, dislocated index finger on his right throwing hand, and a severely sprained left ankle — are not usually taken into account when people critically analyze the performance of the Broncos' starting quarterback this season.

"You guys are the ones that analyze the quarterback position," Orton said. "So talk amongst yourselves."

That broke up the press room.

The game Sunday should feature a fascinating matchup between Oakland Raiders cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha and Broncos receiver Brandon Marshall, who is coming off an NFL-record 21-catch game at Indianapolis.

"You don't want to live working against him," Orton said, referring to Asomugha. "Brandon's pretty good, too. He's got to cover Brandon. It'll be a good matchup all day and we have a lot of confidence in 15 when he's running his routes."
Mike Klis: 303-954-1055 or mklis@denverpost.com.

Read more: http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_14010118#ixzz0ZyzJ7VQk

I have to wonder why he said "when he is running his routes"..

is BM not running good routes?

BroncoWave
12-19-2009, 06:42 PM
I have to wonder why he said "when he is running his routes"..

is BM not running good routes?

Wow JR, I know you like to pile on Marshall but this is a stretch even for you! :lol:

Lonestar
12-19-2009, 06:44 PM
Wow JR, I know you like to pile on Marshall but this is a stretch even for you! :lol:

just asking a question sorry if you took it the wrong way..

I have not heard him comment like that before..

obviously last week he was..