PDA

View Full Version : The best DTs for us not named Ellis or Dorsey?

lex
02-06-2008, 12:15 PM
Just curious to see what different thoughts out there are on what kind of DT we should target and which ones specifically? Also, which ones would you want to avoid at all costs?

BOSSHOGG30
02-06-2008, 12:24 PM
These are the guys I like

Kentwan Balmer
Pat Sims
Marcus Harrison
Dre Moore
DeMario Pressley
Trevor Laws
Andre Fluellen
Lorenzo Williams

BOSSHOGG30
02-06-2008, 12:26 PM
There aren't many I would avoid because I feel we are pretty weak at DT... as long as Denver trys to improve the depth I'm all for it.

HolyDiver
02-06-2008, 12:43 PM
I would gladly take Laws or Sims in the 2nd round..............Josh "Stump" Thompson in the 7th..............Sims and Thompson did well together for Auburn............Thompson reminds me of a heavier Greg Kragen.

tubby
02-06-2008, 12:57 PM
Pat Sims.

Marcus Harrison.

Requiem / The Dagda
02-06-2008, 01:13 PM
Let's try to stray away from 3-technique players, we already have two of them that will have significant PT.

SmilinAssasSin27
02-06-2008, 05:04 PM
Pressley if he behaves himself.

DallasChief
02-06-2008, 05:20 PM
Ellis will look nice in his Chiefs uniform next year. :D

BigDaddyBronco
02-06-2008, 05:27 PM
Ellis will look nice in his Chiefs uniform next year. :D
Peterson will screw it up again and take anything but a LT. He'll probaly get McFadden to back up LJ.

DallasChief
02-06-2008, 05:30 PM
Peterson will screw it up again and take anything but a LT. He'll probaly get McFadden to back up LJ.

If Jake Long is not available, I would rather they take a position of less need then reach for someone of less talent.

BigDaddyBronco
02-06-2008, 05:32 PM
If Jake Long is not available, I would rather they take a position of less need then reach for someone of less talent.
I agree with you, but I bet Peterson screws it up. :D

DallasChief
02-06-2008, 05:33 PM
I agree with you, but I bet Peterson screws it up. :D

He's done a little better the past few years. But it will take a lot to make up for the Ryan Sims debacle.

BigDaddyBronco
02-06-2008, 05:35 PM
He's done a little better the past few years. But it will take a lot to make up for the Ryan Sims debacle.
I thought that was one of his better picks. Maybe this year he'll go after one of the QB's who I think are all overrated.

Peterson is no Al Davis, but he is close.

DallasChief
02-06-2008, 05:41 PM
I thought that was one of his better picks. Maybe this year he'll go after one of the QB's who I think are all overrated.

Peterson is no Al Davis, but he is close.

I don't see him drafting a QB. That's not his style. He'll find some over the hill free agent QB to sign and bump Croyle back to the bench.

I would like to think that he wouldn't pass on Dorsey or Ellis if they're still available but.... I wouldn't put it past him.

Who's UCLA's best player, he's a sucker for his alma mater.

WARHORSE
02-07-2008, 04:54 AM
Dorsey is perfect for the Denver Broncos.

Perfect.

Ellis would do well here as well, and may be a little better pass rusher.

As for the Cheevies, I would think they are a prime candidate for us to trade up to using Foxworth as the bait. They need corners yesterday.

They also need Oline, and can draft a QB in the second or later rounds.

Im sure they sign a free agent QB like Culpepper er sumthin, then draft another prospect to develop alongside Brodie Cringe.

That way, they get Foxworth to start at CB, a new OT at the 12th selection, and guard, QB, any other areas after that in the draft.

Colt Brennan, Henne, Stanton and others will be there in later rounds as prospects to develop at the QB position.

If Ellis, Dorsey or Chris Long are there at five.........pull da trigger.

MOtorboat
02-07-2008, 08:47 AM
Dorsey is perfect for the Denver Broncos.

Perfect.

Ellis would do well here as well, and may be a little better pass rusher.

As for the Cheevies, I would think they are a prime candidate for us to trade up to using Foxworth as the bait. They need corners yesterday.

They also need Oline, and can draft a QB in the second or later rounds.

Im sure they sign a free agent QB like Culpepper er sumthin, then draft another prospect to develop alongside Brodie Cringe.

That way, they get Foxworth to start at CB, a new OT at the 12th selection, and guard, QB, any other areas after that in the draft.

Colt Brennan, Henne, Stanton and others will be there in later rounds as prospects to develop at the QB position.

If Ellis, Dorsey or Chris Long are there at five.........pull da trigger.

Glenn Dorsey is about perfect for anyone...that's why he's going to be the No. 1 pick...which we have no chance at getting. And if Ellis, or Chris Long are so good, why would a top 5 team trade back with us? They already have way too much money invested in cornerback to trade for another one, too. I don't see the Chiefs looking at those players and saying to themselves, yeah, we'd love to see him playing against us twice a year for the next 10 years.

Carl Peterson is an idiot, but he's too proud of an idiot to hand us one of those guys. He stated on the radio the other day that Glenn Dorsey is No. 1 on their board.