PDA

View Full Version : Foppa says "No" to Detroit

SR
02-06-2008, 10:01 AM
http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2008/02/wings_seek_new_trigger_man.html

The Red Wings made a pitch to sign free-agent center Peter Forsberg, but he let them know he is not interested in playing for Detroit. The longtime Colorado Avalanche star apparently would feel somewhat like a traitor if he joined his former club's one-time arch-rival.

Forsberg has been skating and working out in his native Sweden and recently gave his agent the go-ahead to begin negotiating with a select group of NHL teams, which doesn't include the Red Wings.

pnbronco
02-06-2008, 10:47 AM
http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2008/02/wings_seek_new_trigger_man.html

The Red Wings made a pitch to sign free-agent center Peter Forsberg, but he let them know he is not interested in playing for Detroit. The longtime Colorado Avalanche star apparently would feel somewhat like a traitor if he joined his former club's one-time arch-rival.

Forsberg has been skating and working out in his native Sweden and recently gave his agent the go-ahead to begin negotiating with a select group of NHL teams, which doesn't include the Red Wings.

YES!!! I'm so glad he is not going to the dark side. Besides they have like 86 points. Plus I think they have to go to jerk school to play there. Players that were nice before just become nasty and players that were jerks when they played there become human again when they play for another team. You made my day.:elefant:

Broncolingus
02-06-2008, 11:13 AM
Anyone who throws squids are idiots...

SR
02-06-2008, 11:18 AM
Looks like the front runners for the Foppa 'race' are Ottawa, Philly, and Colorado. He's looking for $3mil per year.

Broncolingus
02-06-2008, 11:24 AM
Be nice to see him back in an Avs uni...

SR
02-06-2008, 11:26 AM
Don't think it will happen. He'll end up with the Senators or the Flyers.

underrated29
02-06-2008, 11:59 AM
i am holding out hope. A while back it was said by peter of Q that if/when he does he would come here.

If not us i am sure its philly. I dont like them either.

MOtorboat
02-06-2008, 12:01 PM
Gosh Darnit just sign him back!

Peter the Great!
http://www.ahs.albany.k12.ny.us/AHS/students/2004/dconoby/graphics/t1_forsberg_all.jpg

SR
02-06-2008, 12:03 PM
Damn I loved watching him play.

BroncoAV06
02-06-2008, 03:33 PM
Would be nice. Even more interesting now with the amount of injuries we have had (Avs). No doubt that he could come in and be a great puck mover, set up the PP. Can not expect tha he will be at the level he was in his prime, ice time most likely will be down but put a scorer on the wing and you have yourself a nice little line.

SR
02-07-2008, 02:26 AM
It'd be nice to have him again, but once the rest of our roster is healthy, what do we do with Stats? Peter is not a third line center, neither is Stats. Remember a few years back when they tried to play him at LW to keep him from getting so beat up? He didn't do jack. The next year they moved him back to C with Milan Hejduk and he won the league MVP, had the most points in the league, and Hejduk won the Rocket Richard trophy.

If they bring Foppa back, assuming we get healthy again, how would you situate the lines?

Put Peter on the third line with Lappy and Svatos?

The first two lines would be something along the lines of this:

Joe, Smyth, Wolski
Stats, Bruno, Hejduk

So that leaves Peter on the third line with Svatos and Lappy. That's not right.

pnbronco
02-07-2008, 12:35 PM
It'd be nice to have him again, but once the rest of our roster is healthy, what do we do with Stats? Peter is not a third line center, neither is Stats. Remember a few years back when they tried to play him at LW to keep him from getting so beat up? He didn't do jack. The next year they moved him back to C with Milan Hejduk and he won the league MVP, had the most points in the league, and Hejduk won the Rocket Richard trophy.

If they bring Foppa back, assuming we get healthy again, how would you situate the lines?

Put Peter on the third line with Lappy and Svatos?

The first two lines would be something along the lines of this:

Joe, Smyth, Wolski
Stats, Bruno, Hejduk

So that leaves Peter on the third line with Svatos and Lappy. That's not right.

I wondered that myself. Peter is something to watch when he is healthy. For totally selfish reasons I would love to see him back in Denver. He and Joe have a chemistry that is amazing, it's like watching the twins. I saw him pass the puck back to Joe once and didn't even look, when I asked him how did you know he was there he said "Joe and I have played so long together we just know where the other is". It will be interesting to see what happens.

underrated29
02-07-2008, 12:52 PM
When you are soo deep and good you just have to roll 3-4 lines as if they were your 1 and 2.

I personally think that a line of fopa,wolski and svatos would be sick, and then of course you would have to shuffle the others so maybe. But wolski is a beast with puck control, so is fopa and they could just control and own the zone. And svatos should be open in the slot often with the two of them manning two guys at once.

joe,smith,milan
fopa,wolski,svaots
stas,bruno,arnason
lappy,hensik,hlinka

or something like that.

BroncoAV06
02-07-2008, 03:23 PM
That does not look to bad but you can not take Guite out of the line-up. He has been playing to hard and deserves his spot. Seems like it will come down to the Sens, Flyers, then maybe the Avs.

underrated29
02-07-2008, 04:18 PM
CRAP, we got a lot of good players who are playing well. Guite, i forgot about him, and mccloud and cody m. I know are situational and parker too, who is most likely scratches.

But if we could sign him before the deadline (trade) maybe we can work a trade or something.......ah hell i dont know.

Broncospsycho77
02-07-2008, 05:08 PM
Great, now I have to think about the good ol' days.

Oh man, I miss Roy, Blake, Borque, Foppa... and Sakic for the time being...

Watchthemiddle
02-07-2008, 07:12 PM
I think we need to sign him and bring him in. Even if he only plays 15 games or so or every other night..it couldn't hurt.

SR
02-08-2008, 02:25 AM
It would be stupid to break up Hejduk and Stats at this point. Remember the run they had at the end of last season? Hejduk was absolutely on fire for the last 20 games of the season.