PDA

View Full Version : If the season ended today, and all the divisional WHAT IF scenarios

RunYouOver
12-15-2009, 07:05 PM
Updated for after Week 14 and now things are a little bit tighter. If we take care of business though, we WILL be fine. Starting next week, I’ll include all wild card scenarios, for now, we’re sticking to how we can win the division.

If the season ended TODAY (After Week 14):
AFC:
1. Indy (13-0, clinched everything)
2. San Diego (10-3, first in the AFC West)
3. Cincinnati (9-4, first in the AFC North)
4. New England (8-5, first in the AFC East)
5. Denver (8-5, higher seeded WC)
6. Jacksonville (7-6, lower seeded WC)

In the hunt:
7. Baltimore (7-6)
8. Miami (7-6)
9. NYJ (7-6)

Explanations:

--San Diego and Cincinnati will play this week. If Cincinnati wins, they would temporarily be the #2 seed. If San Diego wins, then there in perfect position to get a first round bye
--Jacksonville currently has the best conference record. The Jets are in the toughest spot, they have the tiebreaker over…nobody.

--The AFC East is REALLY close…don’t forget, we have the tiebreaker over New England. If you’re giving up hope on the division title, then you should root for New England to lose…if Miami wins the AFC East, we have the tiebreaker over New England and would be in good position to stay in the playoffs if we stay even with them. If you still think we can win the division, AND WE CAN, then root for New England to win so that we are guaranteed a higher seed than them.

NFC:
1. New Orleans (13-0)
2. Minnesota (11-2)
3. Philly (9-4)
4. Arizona (8-5)
5. Green Bay (9-4)
6. Dallas (8-5)

In the hunt:
7. New York (7-6)

Explanations:

Pretty much self-explanatory here, the NFC East is the only division still truly up for grabs…all the others are pretty much locked up. The Eagles are really hot right now though.

Post season match ups:
--Indy, San Diego, New Orleans and Minnesota have first round byes.
--JAX @ CIN, DEN@ NE, GB @ ARI, DAL @ PHI
--If we won, we would likely play Indy in round 2, in Indianapolis.

Remaining Schedules:
DEN: vs. OAK, @ PHI, vs. KC
SD: vs. CIN, @ TEN, vs. WAS

--We each have 2 home and 1 away games remaining
--Denver has two very winnable games, and one very difficult game remaining
--San Diego doesn’t have any no-brainer wins left, Washington won’t be a pushover, especially if it knows it could knock a team out of the playoffs. Cincy and @ TEN are both difficult.

--This Bengals-Chargers matchup is more important for the Bengals that the Chargers right now, and I expect to see the Bengals play that way…San Diego can afford to lose, Cincy absolutely cannot if it wants a bye.

--Oakland will surely play us as tough as possible, knowing it can really hurt our playoff chances if they win, this likely will NOT be an easy game.

--The Philly game was pushed back to 4:15, which will help us since it’s on the road. Those early east coast games are always more difficult for west coast teams, so we lucked out there. Still gonna be one hell of a challenging game though, the Eagles are playing very, very well right now.

--Comparing these schedules, it is very possible SD goes 1-2 and we go 3-0, although it is starting to appear less likely we can win the division. Winning out isn’t our only shot, but it’s the only realistic shot.

What if scenarios:

If Denver wins out and SD loses to Cincy and Ten:
We would win because of CONFERENCE record, where SD would be 7-5 and we would be 8-4. Common opponents and division record would be tied, so conference record would be the next tiebreaker.

If Denver wins out and SD loses to Cincy and WAS:

In this scenario, we would win the division because of common opponents, where we would be 5-3 and SD would be 4-4. Just goes to show you how losing to Washington really, really, really killed us. Had we beaten them, we would be in a MUCH better position right now.

If Denver wins out and SD loses to TEN and WAS:

Well, in this scenario, records are tied, division record is tie, and common opponents are tied at 5-3. Conference record would also be tied at 8-4, so it would come down to strength of victory. Our current strength of victory is 51-53 for a .490% San Diego’s is 55-75 for a .423, so we would win
If Denver ONLY loses to Philly and SD loses out

In this scenario, both teams finish 10-6, with a tied division record and an equal common opponents record (4-4). However, our conference record of 8-4 would beat San Diego’s 7-5, so we would win the division.

If Denver loses to Oakland or KC, but not Philadelphia, and SD loses out:
San Diego would have a better divisional record (5-1 to 4-2) and would win the division.

If Denver wins 1 game and ties 2, and San Diego loses 2 out of three games:

In this very likely scenario, we would be 9-5-2 and San Diego would be 11-5. There winning % would be better and so they would win

If we win 2 games and tie one, and San Diego loses out:
We would be 10-5-1, and San Diego would be 10-6, so we would win the division.

Key things to keep in mind in case of any ties:

--We have the tie breaker over Cincy and New England

--Baltimore and Pittsburgh have tiebreakers over us, but at this point, it seems that Pittsburgh shouldn’t catch us. Ideally, Pittsburgh beats Baltimore and that would hurt Baltimore’s chances of catching us as well. Baltimore plays Chicago this week, so the result is win-win for us. A Baltimore win and our draft pick continues to improve for next year, and a Chicago win and we can probably stop worrying about Baltimore.

A wild card scenario that everyone wants to know about

--Just a brief what-if that everyone is concerned about in terms of the wildcard situation. Next week I’ll go completely in-depth with this, but for now, enjoy this really, really complicated process of a 5 way tie for 10-6 teams fighting for 2 WC spots. AKA, the "worst-possible 10-6 scenario where we did all we could"

If we lose to Philly and win our other two games, finishing 10-6:

Eliminate the Jets, we would have a better conference record.

If the Pats beat the Jaguars, then they are eliminated.

BUT, If the Jags beat the Pats though, and New England and Miami both finish 10-6, then it gets really complicated. Division records and head to heads would be split, and going by their common opponents, Miami is currently 3-3 with 1 game to play, at Houston, and New England is 4-1, with 2 games to play…so if they wind up tied, that means New England wins the division, and we’d be matched up against a Miami team that is also 10-6 with an 8-4 AFC record.

And add Jax to that 10-6 mess, in that case.

And add Baltimore in there.

In this scenario now, you have one team from EVERY division at 10-6, looking for 2 wild card spots. (After the Jets are eliminated at step 1 because Miami has that tiebreaker, and after that, we do, so no sense in worrying).

Step 2 asks for one team with a sweep over the other 3…which didn’t happen.

Step 3 asks for the teams with the best conference records to advance: Jacksonville is the only 9-3, so they would get the #5 seed, and the #6 seed is between Baltimore, Denver and Miami.

Repeat the process for the 6th seed, and initially at least, we can be thankful Miami didn’t lose to Baltimore and we’ll advance to step 4 as all teams would have an 8-4 conference record.

Step 4 is the common games tiebreaker, with a minimum of 4 between the three teams. We’ve all played New England, San Diego, Pittsburgh and Indy, so this will work.

We beat New England, 1-1 against san diego, and then lost to Pittsburgh and indy for a record of 2-3. Miami is 1-1 against new England, lost to indy, beat Pittsburgh (If they win out to go 10-6, that means they’ll beat Pitt week 17), and lost to San Diego for a record of 2-3, and Baltimore beat san diego, will have beaten Pittsburgh twice, lost to Indy and lost to New England for a record of 3-2, giving Baltimore the #6 seed.

Our strength of victory gives us the #7 seed over Miami, which is useless.

So, what you need to know here: Jacksonville needs to lose one more game, which is likely as they play indy then AT Jacksonville. Baltimore needs to lose one more game, which is certainly possible against a pissed off Pittsburgh team, and Miami and the Jets can win out and it doesn’t really affect us.
There are plenty of ways we can make the playoffs at 9-7…but that’s another hours worth of work that is pointless to do right now and much more applicable next week, so that’s when it’ll get done.

In terms of our current draft position: The Bears currently have what would be the 9th pick in the draft, and depending on how things go, that can move all the way up to most likely the highest being 5th, and the lowest being around 18th or so. If it stays where it is though and we get a top 10 draft pick, then DAMN, that worked out well.

WHO TO ROOT FOR THIS WEEK:

Forgot to put this in originally, so, if you're wondering who to root for:

Denver, Indy, Chicago OR Baltimore (depending on your preference, confidence), Buffalo (I'll explain), Tennessee, Atlanta, CINCINNATI, and Green Bay.

In this order:

1) Denver--A very big win, will at the least guarantee a winning season, and give us, in my estimation, at the least a 30% chance at the playoffs if we lost our last two games.

2)Cincinnati--If we want to win this division and get a first round bye, Cincy needs to win this game (and then lose one of their last two, while we win out, and SD loses one more). It's a lot to ask for, but CERTAINLY not impossible.

3)Indianapolis--Reading through this thread, you'll see Jacksonville would have the top seed among 10-6ers if we all finish 10-6, so we need Jax to lose, then they can be no better than 9-7, with a conference record no better than 8-4. It should be noted though, that if we were to wind up tied 9-7 with them, that their 8-4 record would beat our 7-5...but still, we need Jacksonville to lose.

4a)Chicago--This all depends on how confident you are in our team...if we win out, then it will be better that Baltimore wins this game, but if you want to feel safe and screw the draft for now, DEFINITELY be rooting for Chicago this game. Baltimore owns any tiebreaker over us, so a Baltimore loss this week puts us in a much better position.

4b) Tennessee--If you are confident that we will win out, or that Baltimore won't beat Pittsburgh, then the 4th most important team is Tennessee, beating Miami, which knocks them out of the potential 10-6 teams and into the 9-7s.

5)Atlanta--If the Jets win out, they're 10-6. They don't have a tiebreak over us, but it would suck to finish 9-7 and miss the playoffs because the JETS were 10-6.

6)Green Bay--A win over Pittsburgh all but guarantees we finish in front of them.

7)Buffalo--The only way Miami can win the division if they and New England are tied is if NE loses this game. We have the tiebreaker over New England, and even though we'd probably have it over Miami too, we'd 100% have it over New England.

8)Baltimore--For those of you who were confident we would win out, then you are rooting for Baltimore this week to beat Chicago and improve our odds of a top 10 draft pick.

And that’s all for this week, check back next week because I assure you, it will get crazy.

UnderArmour
12-15-2009, 08:16 PM
The last part is scary, but you're awesome.

Italianmobstr7
12-15-2009, 08:37 PM
RYO, can you please add the "Who we should root for" and the importance of each one again please. It really came in handy to be able to look at the thread and know which games/teams affected us. I appreciate all of your hard work. These threads are awesome.

BroncoWave
12-15-2009, 08:38 PM
At this point, I think we can forget about the division. I would be shocked if the Chargers lost 2 of their last 3 AND we won out. Not saying it's impossible, but it is highly unlikely. I think this would have been a good week to explore the wild card scenarios further, but I can understand how you'd want to hold off on that given the large number of teams in contention.

BroncoWave
12-15-2009, 08:39 PM
RYO, can you please add the "Who we should root for" and the importance of each one again please. It really came in handy to be able to look at the thread and know which games/teams affected us. I appreciate all of your hard work. These threads are awesome.

Well we can definitely start out by cheering our asses off for the Colts to take down the Jags on Thursday. That would be huge for us.

shank
12-15-2009, 08:49 PM
RYO if we ever run into eachother, i'll buy you a beer. :beer:

i appreciate the work that you put into these.

BroncoBJ
12-16-2009, 12:36 AM

#1. Root for the Broncos.
#2. Root for the Bengals and anyone else who plays San Diego.
#3. Root against all the teams in the AFC With 6 losses.
#4. Root against the Bears.

And since the Bears play the Ravens this week. I'll probably still root against Jay. Let Baltimore lose to Pitt the following week.

But Thats who I'm gonna root for and against this week^ :lol:

Italianmobstr7
12-16-2009, 12:40 AM
It's better for us if the Bears beat the Ravens. We don't need a ton of money locked up in a rookie drafted in the top 5-10. I'd rather the Ravens lose now, just in case we choke it up this weekend.

BroncoBJ
12-16-2009, 12:43 AM
It's better for us if the Bears beat the Ravens. We don't need a ton of money locked up in a rookie drafted in the top 5-10. I'd rather the Ravens lose now, just in case we choke it up this weekend.

Yea, thats true, but I just feel like Pitt will beat Baltimore the 2nd time anyways. Plus I just enjoy watching Jay lose. :fight:

Thats what I will root for. Not everyone has to root for the same teams lol.

Plus, I kinda want to see how high of a pick we will get, just to see if we take someone, or trade down or what we do. It will be exciting having a high pick. Its not every year, that we get a pick this high. I don't even remember the last time we had a top 10 pick lol

Lonestar
12-16-2009, 01:42 AM
hope the bears lose out although I know they will not..

would be nice to have the option on a top five pick or being able to trade it for a couple of top 60 picks..

I expect this will be the last time for along time we are able to pick under the 25 spot..

BroncoWave
12-16-2009, 01:47 AM
Who freaking cares about our draft pick right now? The most important think for us now is actually making the playoffs and seeing as Baltimore has the easiest schedule of the 4 teams behind us at 7-6, it would be HUGE for us if the Bears beat them. To root for the Ravens in this game simply for draft pick purposes is ridiculous to me. We're going to get a top 10 pick from them regardless probably. There is absolutely NO reason to root for the Ravens in this game if your #1 concern is Denver making the playoffs.

Shazam!
12-16-2009, 02:11 AM
The only game I'm concerned with and we all should be is the Raiders getting shellacked in Denver and the Broncos getting their 9th win. We can't worry about what ifs with other teams if the Broncos don't take care of their own business. I want the 9th in the worst way.

DenBronx
12-16-2009, 02:24 AM
RYO if we ever run into eachother, i'll buy you a beer. :beer:

i appreciate the work that you put into these.

are you even old enough to buy beer yet?

JDL
12-16-2009, 02:35 AM
Actually we lose out to Miami on Strength of Victory. For us to finish in a tie with Miami would likely require 10-6, meaning they win out.

If that's the case...their 10 (projected) defeated opponents currently have 58 wins versus Denver's defeated opponents 56 wins...

It most certainly 'affects' us! if they win out. In fact if our opponents even manage to make up that difference and tie... then we lose big time on SOS, the next tiebreaker.

bcbronc
12-16-2009, 05:03 AM
Who freaking cares about our draft pick right now? The most important think for us now is actually making the playoffs and seeing as Baltimore has the easiest schedule of the 4 teams behind us at 7-6, it would be HUGE for us if the Bears beat them. To root for the Ravens in this game simply for draft pick purposes is ridiculous to me. We're going to get a top 10 pick from them regardless probably. There is absolutely NO reason to root for the Ravens in this game if your #1 concern is Denver making the playoffs.

why? if the Broncos take care of their buzinez it doesn't matter what the Ravens do. lets have our cake and eat it too.

Northman
12-16-2009, 06:55 AM

Well technically, if Denver does what they should and wins the games they should you shouldnt have to root for anyone. As they say, dont count on someone else to get you into the playoffs. I often hear people complain that we "back" into the playoffs and dont deserve it. It all boils down to where you stand on that kind of issue. But, there was a great point made about the draft pick as if its high enough you can use it to trade down and stockpile. Thats something the Pats would of normally done although McD didnt do it that way himself. Either way, i dont think its ridiculous for someone to want to improve the circumstances next year and have their own team take care of business like they should.

Northman
12-16-2009, 06:56 AM
The only game I'm concerned with and we all should be is the Raiders getting shellacked in Denver and the Broncos getting their 9th win. We can't worry about what ifs with other teams if the Broncos don't take care of their own business. I want the 9th in the worst way.

Exactly. If Denver wants to make the playoffs just win their games and its a done deal.

Nomad
12-16-2009, 07:31 AM

True dat! BRONCOS need to take care of business and win. 2 home games....that use to be an almost guaranteed win but nowadays you wonder and the BRONCOS better have their A game against the Raiders, Eagles, and Chiefs!! 1st the Raiders!

Great work as always RYO!!

BroncoWave
12-16-2009, 08:51 AM
why? if the Broncos take care of their buzinez it doesn't matter what the Ravens do. lets have our cake and eat it too.

Well technically, if Denver does what they should and wins the games they should you shouldnt have to root for anyone. As they say, dont count on someone else to get you into the playoffs. I often hear people complain that we "back" into the playoffs and dont deserve it. It all boils down to where you stand on that kind of issue. But, there was a great point made about the draft pick as if its high enough you can use it to trade down and stockpile. Thats something the Pats would of normally done although McD didnt do it that way himself. Either way, i dont think its ridiculous for someone to want to improve the circumstances next year and have their own team take care of business like they should.

Exactly. If Denver wants to make the playoffs just win their games and its a done deal.

See, I HATE when people use this reasoning. Sure I would LIKE for us to win out and not worry about anyone else. Sure that would be AWESOME! But the fact of the matter is, there's a good chance we won't win out, and if that's the case, there is no shame in rooting for other teams to help us out. Even if we take care of business in just our 2 homes games, that still doesn't guarantee us anything. Until we've got everything wrapped up, I see no reason to openly root for another team fighting us for those WC spots just to improve our draft pick. That's just not a luxury we have right now.

Dortoh
12-16-2009, 10:36 AM
Updated for after Week 14 and now things are a little bit tighter. If we take care of business though, we WILL be fine. Starting next week, I’ll include all wild card scenarios, for now, we’re sticking to how we can win the division.

If the season ended TODAY (After Week 14):
AFC:
1. Indy (13-0, clinched everything)
2. San Diego (10-3, first in the AFC West)
3. Cincinnati (9-4, first in the AFC North)
4. New England (8-5, first in the AFC East)
5. Denver (8-5, higher seeded WC)
6. Jacksonville (7-6, lower seeded WC)

In the hunt:
7. Baltimore (7-6)
8. Miami (7-6)
9. NYJ (7-6)

Explanations:

--San Diego and Cincinnati will play this week. If Cincinnati wins, they would temporarily be the #2 seed. If San Diego wins, then there in perfect position to get a first round bye
--Jacksonville currently has the best conference record. The Jets are in the toughest spot, they have the tiebreaker over…nobody.

--The AFC East is REALLY close…don’t forget, we have the tiebreaker over New England. If you’re giving up hope on the division title, then you should root for New England to lose…if Miami wins the AFC East, we have the tiebreaker over New England and would be in good position to stay in the playoffs if we stay even with them. If you still think we can win the division, AND WE CAN, then root for New England to win so that we are guaranteed a higher seed than them.

NFC:
1. New Orleans (13-0)
2. Minnesota (11-2)
3. Philly (9-4)
4. Arizona (8-5)
5. Green Bay (9-4)
6. Dallas (8-5)

In the hunt:
7. New York (7-6)

Explanations:

Pretty much self-explanatory here, the NFC East is the only division still truly up for grabs…all the others are pretty much locked up. The Eagles are really hot right now though.

Post season match ups:
--Indy, San Diego, New Orleans and Minnesota have first round byes.
--JAX @ CIN, DEN@ NE, GB @ ARI, DAL @ PHI
--If we won, we would likely play Indy in round 2, in Indianapolis.

Remaining Schedules:
DEN: vs. OAK, @ PHI, vs. KC
SD: vs. CIN, @ TEN, vs. WAS

--We each have 2 home and 1 away games remaining
--Denver has two very winnable games, and one very difficult game remaining
--San Diego doesn’t have any no-brainer wins left, Washington won’t be a pushover, especially if it knows it could knock a team out of the playoffs. Cincy and @ TEN are both difficult.

--This Bengals-Chargers matchup is more important for the Bengals that the Chargers right now, and I expect to see the Bengals play that way…San Diego can afford to lose, Cincy absolutely cannot if it wants a bye.

--Oakland will surely play us as tough as possible, knowing it can really hurt our playoff chances if they win, this likely will NOT be an easy game.

--The Philly game was pushed back to 4:15, which will help us since it’s on the road. Those early east coast games are always more difficult for west coast teams, so we lucked out there. Still gonna be one hell of a challenging game though, the Eagles are playing very, very well right now.

--Comparing these schedules, it is very possible SD goes 1-2 and we go 3-0, although it is starting to appear less likely we can win the division. Winning out isn’t our only shot, but it’s the only realistic shot.

What if scenarios:

If Denver wins out and SD loses to Cincy and Ten:
We would win because of CONFERENCE record, where SD would be 7-5 and we would be 8-4. Common opponents and division record would be tied, so conference record would be the next tiebreaker.

If Denver wins out and SD loses to Cincy and WAS:

In this scenario, we would win the division because of common opponents, where we would be 5-3 and SD would be 4-4. Just goes to show you how losing to Washington really, really, really killed us. Had we beaten them, we would be in a MUCH better position right now.

If Denver wins out and SD loses to TEN and WAS:

Well, in this scenario, records are tied, division record is tie, and common opponents are tied at 5-3. Conference record would also be tied at 8-4, so it would come down to strength of victory. Our current strength of victory is 51-53 for a .490% San Diego’s is 55-75 for a .423, so we would win
If Denver ONLY loses to Philly and SD loses out

In this scenario, both teams finish 10-6, with a tied division record and an equal common opponents record (4-4). However, our conference record of 8-4 would beat San Diego’s 7-5, so we would win the division.

If Denver loses to Oakland or KC, but not Philadelphia, and SD loses out:
San Diego would have a better divisional record (5-1 to 4-2) and would win the division.

If Denver wins 1 game and ties 2, and San Diego loses 2 out of three games:

In this very likely scenario, we would be 9-5-2 and San Diego would be 11-5. There winning % would be better and so they would win

If we win 2 games and tie one, and San Diego loses out:
We would be 10-5-1, and San Diego would be 10-6, so we would win the division.

Key things to keep in mind in case of any ties:

--We have the tie breaker over Cincy and New England

--Baltimore and Pittsburgh have tiebreakers over us, but at this point, it seems that Pittsburgh shouldn’t catch us. Ideally, Pittsburgh beats Baltimore and that would hurt Baltimore’s chances of catching us as well. Baltimore plays Chicago this week, so the result is win-win for us. A Baltimore win and our draft pick continues to improve for next year, and a Chicago win and we can probably stop worrying about Baltimore.

A wild card scenario that everyone wants to know about

--Just a brief what-if that everyone is concerned about in terms of the wildcard situation. Next week I’ll go completely in-depth with this, but for now, enjoy this really, really complicated process of a 5 way tie for 10-6 teams fighting for 2 WC spots. AKA, the "worst-possible 10-6 scenario where we did all we could"

If we lose to Philly and win our other two games, finishing 10-6:

Eliminate the Jets, we would have a better conference record.

If the Pats beat the Jaguars, then they are eliminated.

BUT, If the Jags beat the Pats though, and New England and Miami both finish 10-6, then it gets really complicated. Division records and head to heads would be split, and going by their common opponents, Miami is currently 3-3 with 1 game to play, at Houston, and New England is 4-1, with 2 games to play…so if they wind up tied, that means New England wins the division, and we’d be matched up against a Miami team that is also 10-6 with an 8-4 AFC record.

And add Jax to that 10-6 mess, in that case.

And add Baltimore in there.

In this scenario now, you have one team from EVERY division at 10-6, looking for 2 wild card spots. (After the Jets are eliminated at step 1 because Miami has that tiebreaker, and after that, we do, so no sense in worrying).

Step 2 asks for one team with a sweep over the other 3…which didn’t happen.

Step 3 asks for the teams with the best conference records to advance: Jacksonville is the only 9-3, so they would get the #5 seed, and the #6 seed is between Baltimore, Denver and Miami.

Repeat the process for the 6th seed, and initially at least, we can be thankful Miami didn’t lose to Baltimore and we’ll advance to step 4 as all teams would have an 8-4 conference record.

Step 4 is the common games tiebreaker, with a minimum of 4 between the three teams. We’ve all played New England, San Diego, Pittsburgh and Indy, so this will work.

We beat New England, 1-1 against san diego, and then lost to Pittsburgh and indy for a record of 2-3. Miami is 1-1 against new England, lost to indy, beat Pittsburgh (If they win out to go 10-6, that means they’ll beat Pitt week 17), and lost to San Diego for a record of 2-3, and Baltimore beat san diego, will have beaten Pittsburgh twice, lost to Indy and lost to New England for a record of 3-2, giving Baltimore the #6 seed.

Our strength of victory gives us the #7 seed over Miami, which is useless.

So, what you need to know here: Jacksonville needs to lose one more game, which is likely as they play indy then AT Jacksonville. Baltimore needs to lose one more game, which is certainly possible against a pissed off Pittsburgh team, and Miami and the Jets can win out and it doesn’t really affect us.
There are plenty of ways we can make the playoffs at 9-7…but that’s another hours worth of work that is pointless to do right now and much more applicable next week, so that’s when it’ll get done.

In terms of our current draft position: The Bears currently have what would be the 9th pick in the draft, and depending on how things go, that can move all the way up to most likely the highest being 5th, and the lowest being around 18th or so. If it stays where it is though and we get a top 10 draft pick, then DAMN, that worked out well.

And that’s all for this week, check back next week because I assure you, it will get crazy.

My head hurts :shocked:

broncofaninfla
12-16-2009, 10:48 AM
Great info runyouover!!! Thx for the post!

Dortoh
12-16-2009, 11:11 AM
Great info runyouover!!! Thx for the post!

agreed someone get this man a hooker and a beer :beer:

Brand
12-16-2009, 11:27 AM
I think Miami will win that Division......

Changes the dynamics.......

CrazyHorse
12-16-2009, 11:37 AM
Is it possible for San Diego, New England, and The Ravens to miss the playoffs?
That would be awesome!

BroncoWave
12-16-2009, 12:25 PM
Is it possible for San Diego, New England, and The Ravens to miss the playoffs?
That would be awesome!

It's definitely possible that NE and Baltimore could miss it. It would take some crazy circumstances for SD to miss it. We'd have to win out, they'd have to lose out, and TWO 7-6 teams that have tiebreakers over SD would have to win out.

Dortoh
12-16-2009, 12:59 PM
It's definitely possible that NE and Baltimore could miss it. It would take some crazy circumstances for SD to miss it. We'd have to win out, they'd have to lose out, and TWO 7-6 teams that have tiebreakers over SD would have to win out.

Good I want another crack at the sparklers and Phillis :salute:

Northman
12-16-2009, 01:36 PM
See, I HATE when people use this reasoning. Sure I would LIKE for us to win out and not worry about anyone else. Sure that would be AWESOME! But the fact of the matter is, there's a good chance we won't win out, and if that's the case, there is no shame in rooting for other teams to help us out. Even if we take care of business in just our 2 homes games, that still doesn't guarantee us anything. Until we've got everything wrapped up, I see no reason to openly root for another team fighting us for those WC spots just to improve our draft pick. That's just not a luxury we have right now.

I think if we go 10-6 we have a very good chance to get in. We already lead the wild card race as it is. But, i agree that there's no harm in rooting for other teams to win which is why im rooting for the Steelers to beat Bmore in Pittsburgh. This way i can enjoy watching the Bears lose and still be happy when Bmore chokes against Steeltown. At that point its a win/win for me. :D

BroncoWave
12-16-2009, 01:43 PM
I think if we go 10-6 we have a very good chance to get in. We already lead the wild card race as it is. But, i agree that there's no harm in rooting for other teams to win which is why im rooting for the Steelers to beat Bmore in Pittsburgh. This way i can enjoy watching the Bears lose and still be happy when Bmore chokes against Steeltown. At that point its a win/win for me. :D

I agree that 10-6 should definitely get us in, we just have to hope that 2 of those 7-6 teams don't win out. The Colts could definitely help us in that endeavor by playing their starters but I have a feeling they are going to shut it down after tomorrow.

RunYouOver
12-16-2009, 05:44 PM
ADDED WHO TO ROOT FOR THIS WEEK.

At the end of the original post, for those curious, explanations are included.

weazel
12-16-2009, 05:47 PM
kind of shitty we played Indy last week and now the rest of their games they are going to lay down with backups...

"Our players will play if they are healthy" -- they had 29 players on their injury report this week! LOL

Nomad
12-20-2009, 09:53 PM
I know there's hope but it looks like the BRONCOS really messed up today....now we have to win out definitely!!