PDA

View Full Version : Broncos playing the Pat's in Edmonton, October 2008?

weazel
02-05-2008, 06:42 PM
I just heard on a radio station in Calgary, that the Broncos will be playing the Pat's at Commonwealth stadium in Edmonton on Canadian thanksgiving in 2008!

They also stated that the tickets would be $125 - $350, depending on the seats.

If this is true, man am I stoked. I was planning on going down to Denver for a game this season, but if they are going to be playing in my backyard I am there!

I think I just wet myself!!! :eek:

MOtorboat
02-05-2008, 07:22 PM
I just heard on a radio station in Calgary, that the Broncos will be playing the Pat's at Commonwealth stadium in Edmonton on Canadian thanksgiving in 2008!

If this is true, man am I stoked. I was planning on going down to Denver for a game this season, but if they are going to be playing in my backyard I am there!

When is Canadian Thanksgiving?

Snapping Turtle
02-05-2008, 07:39 PM
I didnt know there was such a thing as Canadian Thanksgiving, but that is really cool! It would rock for you! And woot, I love when we play the Patsies!

Stand Ablaze
02-05-2008, 09:10 PM
So it's for sure? Or is this just speculation? :coffee:

UnderArmour
02-05-2008, 09:12 PM

Columbus Day. Monday, October 13.

Lonestar
02-05-2008, 09:20 PM

the third Tuesday in the second week of sept..

Lets hope it is the NE home game, not DEN's

MOtorboat
02-05-2008, 09:23 PM
the third Tuesday in the second week of sept..

Lets hope it is the NE home game, not DEN's

In Edmonton...sounds like a Denver home game...

SmilinAssasSin27
02-05-2008, 09:25 PM
This rumor has been out for 3+ months now...and it originally read as a NEW ENGLAND home game...only time will tell.

Bozo Jr.
02-05-2008, 09:27 PM
I guess that rules out any talk of NE going undefeated in '08! I can't wait to see Brady whining at the refs, as he always does when Denver crushes him! :salute:

Broncolingus
02-05-2008, 09:43 PM

Party at Weazels after the game!!!

BANJOPICKER1
02-05-2008, 09:51 PM
I just saw that the pats play the AFC and nfc West next year,,woooooo hooooooo..There is 1 win for the BRONCOS for sure...:D
GOOOOOOOO BRONCOS!!!!

SmilinAssasSin27
02-05-2008, 09:56 PM
DUHHHHH...what am I thinking. It HAS to be a NE home game. The home/away opponents have been set for almost a decade. Our matchup v NE this year is AT NE. So...if they mkove it, it's still a NE home game.

BANJOPICKER1
02-05-2008, 10:12 PM
DUHHHHH...what am I thinking. It HAS to be a NE home game. The home/away opponents have been set for almost a decade. Our matchup v NE this year is AT NE. So...if they mkove it, it's still a NE home game.

And we still win it!!:D

ChampWJ
02-06-2008, 12:15 AM
This just in: as punishment for the Spygate scandal, the NFL takes away one of the Patriots home games, sending them to Alberta to play the eventual Super Bowl XLIII champion Denver Broncos.

Stargazer
02-06-2008, 05:26 AM
I hope it's true.

I was hoping Denver would snag the London game.

LRtagger
02-06-2008, 11:22 AM
Is it still illegal to video tape other team's walkthru's in Canadia eh?

Den21vsBal19
02-06-2008, 11:48 AM
I hope it's true.

You & me both :(

Lonestar
02-06-2008, 02:29 PM
I hope it's true.

the players hate going to europe and it takes mega time to do so. Even on bye weeks it takes mending and rest time away from players..

UnderArmour
02-06-2008, 05:01 PM
the players hate going to europe and it takes mega time to do so. Even on bye weeks it takes mending and rest time away from players..

Well, of the last 2 teams to play in London during the regular season, one won the Super Bowl the other got the #1 draft pick. Sounds like a win-win situation to me.

Bronco9798
02-06-2008, 07:34 PM
As long as it isn't a Bronco home game, sounds good to me getting the Pats on a neutral site.

Watchthemiddle
02-06-2008, 08:27 PM
Well it looks like we will win atleast one game next year since we own the Pats.

:coffee:

omac
02-07-2008, 08:36 AM
Well it looks like we will win atleast one game next year since we own the Pats.

:coffee:

If we still have the same problems on defense that we had this past season, we will definitely not beat the Pats. Since we did play a lot of our younger players this season, we should be an even better team next season.

Nomad
02-07-2008, 09:56 AM
Does a person need to have a passport to get into Canada now?

In-com-plete
02-07-2008, 10:22 AM

Depends on if you fly or drive.

If driving you don't. They were supposed to make it to where you needed one by land in like December of '04. That got pushed back to December of '07. Now I think it's pushed back to '09 sometime.

But if you fly, yes you do need one.

Lonestar
02-07-2008, 12:17 PM

As I understand it yes or a new tamper proof ID with Birth certificate..

U.S. Visitors to Canada
Bring the Experience Home America. Apply for your U.S. passport or NEXUS card.

Soon Americans returning home via land and sea from any foreign destination will need to show a passport or other secure travel document.

Beginning January 31, 2008, U.S. citizens 19 years and older who enter the U.S. at land and sea ports of entry from within the Western Hemisphere will need to present government-issued photo ID, such as a driver’s license as proof of identity, along with proof of citizenship, such as a birth certificate or naturalization certificate, or a passport. Children age 18 and under will be able to enter with proof of citizenship. Verbal claims of citizenship and identity alone will not be sufficient to establish identity and citizenship for entry into the United States.

By June 1, 2009, or earlier, a new American law, the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI), will require anyone, including U.S. citizens, entering or re-entering the United States by land and sea to have a passport or other appropriate secure document.

WHTI currently requires anyone, including U.S. citizens, entering or re-entering the United States by air to have a passport or a NEXUS card when used at a NEXUS kiosk at designated airports.

http://explore.canada.travel/ctc/ke/things_to_know_2.jsp?cat=4004&localeId=16#visitors

WTE
02-07-2008, 01:37 PM
I haven't heard anything about NE playing in Edmonton next year and I doubt that will happen.

NE already has to travel to the west coast 4 times next year. I can't see the NFL making NE go out west for a 5th.

No, Denver will lose to NE in Foxboro next year, not Canada.

weazel
02-07-2008, 04:05 PM
I haven't heard anything about NE playing in Edmonton next year and I doubt that will happen.

NE already has to travel to the west coast 4 times next year. I can't see the NFL making NE go out west for a 5th.

No, Denver will lose to NE in Foxboro next year, not Canada.

17-14! :laugh:

I'm sure you will let us know after the NFL meets with you. :rolleyes: