PDA

View Full Version : As soon as the season is over trade them?

Dortoh
12-15-2009, 12:16 PM
Cant really afford them all

You are the GM what do you do?

Requiem / The Dagda
12-15-2009, 12:22 PM
I'd do my best to resign Elvis, Brandon and Kuper -- other than that, I don't feel any obligations towards any other free agent. I'd consider getting rid of some veterans with high tags that are declining in play or aren't good scheme fits. Might as well bring Prater back too, although we could use an upgrade.

Dortoh
12-15-2009, 12:26 PM
I'd do my best to resign Elvis, Brandon and Kuper -- other than that, I don't feel any obligations towards any other free agent. I'd consider getting rid of some veterans with high tags that are declining in play or aren't good scheme fits. Might as well bring Prater back too, although we could use an upgrade.

I'm not sure we can afford Elvis and Brandon with the paydays they will require.

Also if Champ wants to stick he needs to redo his contract.

CoachChaz
12-15-2009, 12:27 PM
I'd keep Marshall and Doom...assuming theire salary demands arent stupid. If Doom wants Ware money...adios.

The rest can be replaced and a few actually need to be

Requiem / The Dagda
12-15-2009, 12:28 PM
One thing I've come to ignore are the people stating we don't have the money to do this or that. We have a lot of dead money coming off the books as well as some decent contracts (like Hamilton's) being depleted since he won't be here. The Broncos can resign both of those guys if they truly want to. Nobody thought we'd spend anything this off-season, yet we invested mucho guap into Goodman, Dawkins, Hill and other veteran players. I expect us to do whatever we can to make this team as good as it should be. Don't worry about the money.

Dortoh
12-15-2009, 12:30 PM
I'd keep Marshall and Doom...assuming theire salary demands arent stupid. If Doom wants Ware money...adios.

This offseason looks to be as crazy as last years. I'm really looking forward to watching what McD does. It should be a very telling offseason as far as his opinon on how to build a team.

Dortoh
12-15-2009, 12:31 PM
One thing I've come to ignore are the people stating we don't have the money to do this or that. We have a lot of dead money coming off the books as well as some decent contracts (like Hamilton's) being depleted since he won't be here. The Broncos can resign both of those guys if they truly want to. Nobody thought we'd spend anything this off-season, yet we invested mucho guap into Goodman, Dawkins, Hill and other veteran players. I expect us to do whatever we can to make this team as good as it should be. Don't worry about the money.

I understand your point but my point is not so much we "cant" but should we.

I guess what I'm looking at is does coach McD really believe in system over talent or more of something in the middle. I think we are about to learn alot about McD and this front office this summer.

Dortoh
12-15-2009, 12:32 PM
It appears some of you are confused over how polls work.

Requiem / The Dagda
12-15-2009, 12:35 PM
When it comes to me and money, this is the kind of relationship we have:

http://www.financialproregistry.com/blog/throwing-money-798273.jpg

Mike Shanahan's free agent investments were:

http://www.stretchinternet.com/images/money2.jpg

Personally, I hope McDaniels spends every dollar Bowlen has. I hope we parade our newly signed players in this manner as well. . .

aHVe7FKTUmo

CoachChaz
12-15-2009, 12:35 PM
This offseason looks to be as crazy as last years. I'm really looking forward to watching what McD does. It should be a very telling offseason as far as his opinon on how to build a team.

I think it will be more...appealing...than last year. I think he'll have more opportunity to look in FA's that fit his schemes and set himself up for a quality draft. I really foresee a bigger improvement between this year and next year than we saw between last year and this year

claymore
12-15-2009, 12:38 PM
I say trade everyone. Doom, Sheff, Marshall....... Whoever we can get a good return on. Trade Hillis for a new clip board..... whatever we can get.

shank
12-15-2009, 12:38 PM
poll fail.

brandon, kuper, doom. all are very good and very young. lock em up. i agree with coach that doom might be kind of a wild-card. he's valuable, but still too much of a one-trick pony to get crazy money... but he's also about 80% of our passrush (even when other people get sacks, doom is usually there, or hurried the QB into another player) so i don't know if we can afford to let him walk unless we literally can't afford to sign him.

Requiem / The Dagda
12-15-2009, 12:39 PM
If Dumervil is let go, I have no doubt that with this class, Nolan will find a hybrid guy full of athleticism to help generate a pass rush. Plenty to pick from. OLB pass rushers are getting to be a dime a dozen.

shank
12-15-2009, 12:39 PM
also, i'd personally like to keep scheffler around, but he seems pretty under-utilized under McD, so he may not be worth it.

Dortoh
12-15-2009, 12:41 PM
poll fail.

If I had a nickel for every time :shocked:

Elevation inc
12-15-2009, 12:42 PM
I would tender sheffler for a second rd pick and trade him, and trade jarvis for a seventh rd pick(unlikely) but hey.....

I would then tender marshall, kuper, orton and see what offers they get and what it takes to get them extended, then re-sign marshall to a 5 year 50-55 million deal, kuper to a 3 year deal 15 million deal, Franchise Dumervil, and re-sign Orton to a 2 year 14 million deal...but who knows this CBA is a kicker thats for sure.....

I would target RB Jerome Harrison, CB Richard Marshall, G Logan Mankins, DL Travis Johnson however with NO CBA in place alot of these guys will go restricted just like our guys instead of unrestricted....meaning FA this year could be pretty HO hum....i would like to bring tatum bell back for a look see though......LOL

in the draft i would do the following

1. ILB rolando Mclain
2. DE Arthur Jones
2. C JD Walton
3. CB Kyle Wilson
4. WR Mike Williams
6. RB brandon James
7. OT Marlon Winn
7. P Zoltan mesko

should solidify our top needs.....

As for the poll.....I vote None of the above...lol

CoachChaz
12-15-2009, 12:42 PM
also, i'd personally like to keep scheffler around, but he seems pretty under-utilized under McD, so he may not be worth it.

Still top 3 on the team in receiving, so he has a role...I just think other teams will throw more money at him than what his role here is worth.

honz
12-15-2009, 12:43 PM
The first step to rebuilding is firing McDaniels and bringing in Spagnuolo.

Requiem / The Dagda
12-15-2009, 12:43 PM
Gotta unleash Scheffler. We have to see if Richard Quinn and Seth Olsen were worth that trade!

Dortoh
12-15-2009, 12:44 PM
I would tender sheffler for a second rd pick and trade him, and trade jarvis for a seventh rd pick(unlikely) but hey.....

I would then tender marshall, kuper, orton and see what offers they get and what it takes to get them extended, then re-sign marshall to a 5 year 50-55 million deal, kuper to a 3 year deal 15 million deal, Franchise Dumervil, and re-sign Orton to a 2 year 14 million deal...but who knows this CBA is a kicker thats for sure.....

I would target RB Jerome Harrison, CB Richard Marshall, G Logan Mankins, DL Travis Johnson however with NO CBA in place alot of these guys will go restricted just like our guys instead of unrestricted....meaning FA this year could be pretty HO hum....i would like to bring tatum bell back for a look see though......LOL

1. ILB rolando Mclain
2. DE Arthur Jones
2. C JD Walton
3. CB Kyle Wilson
4. WR Mike Williams
6. RB brandon James
7. OT Marlon Winn
7. P Zoltan mesko

I'm assuming you have put some thought into this offseason already :laugh:

Dortoh
12-15-2009, 12:45 PM

I'd like to see what Ortons lazer rocket arm could do under Spags instruction

Requiem / The Dagda
12-15-2009, 12:46 PM

What minority candidate would you interview if we were to replace McDaniels?

http://oraclespeak.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/gary-coleman.jpg

http://holyhell.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/salma-hayek.jpg

http://www.themullinsfamily.com/billandted.jpg

Elevation inc
12-15-2009, 12:47 PM
If Dumervil is let go, I have no doubt that with this class, Nolan will find a hybrid guy full of athleticism to help generate a pass rush. Plenty to pick from. OLB pass rushers are getting to be a dime a dozen.

greg romeous i hope is the guy if elvis is gone, dude is a legit monster in coverage and against the run and pass.....derrick morgan is a beast to but he has zero coverage skills....

jerry hughes is another beast who is undersized but is likely a top 15 pick....

Elevation inc
12-15-2009, 12:48 PM
What minority candidate would you interview if we were to replace McDaniels?

http://oraclespeak.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/gary-coleman.jpg

http://holyhell.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/salma-hayek.jpg

http://www.themullinsfamily.com/billandted.jpg

if for some stupid reason MCD was let go...LOL i would go directly for leslie frazier from the vikings.....:salute:

Requiem / The Dagda
12-15-2009, 12:50 PM
Over Selma? She poses enough distraction on the sideline to at least give us two more wins a year.

Elevation inc
12-15-2009, 12:51 PM
Over Selma? She poses enough distraction on the sideline to at least give us two more wins a year.

my bad i am at work so the computer blocks pictures....lame i know...but shoot give me selma and the broncos are going very far:salute::D

Elevation inc
12-15-2009, 12:52 PM
I'd like to see what Ortons lazer rocket arm could do under Spags instruction

he would be benched and kieth null from the rams garbage heap would be brought in.....:eek:

Requiem / The Dagda
12-15-2009, 12:54 PM
All I have to say is after this crazy off-season, I've come to expect anything from the Broncos. As a family, we've endured a lot of unfortunate and crazy events over the past few years, but we still come out and put on a good show. I hope for more blockbuster trades.

Elevation inc
12-15-2009, 12:54 PM
I'm assuming you have put some thought into this offseason already :laugh:

i always do....love the draft alot......

and the good thing is we have been giftwrapped a top ten pick.....and some players......we can afford to lose while garnering some extra compensation with the CBA as it now stands.....

i think we are looking pretty good for a nice run next year, even with neckbeard at qb:shocked: this team is better and the puzzle isnt near as dire as it looked last year

Requiem / The Dagda
12-15-2009, 12:55 PM
Don't jinx the top ten talk. I really want that pick.

honz
12-15-2009, 12:57 PM
he would be benched and kieth null from the rams garbage heap would be brought in.....:eek:

I was keeping track of my Fantasy teams on Sunday and I kept seeing some guy named Null throwing the ball for St. Louis. I had no idea there was a QB named Null in the league. WTF did he come from?

Dortoh
12-15-2009, 12:57 PM

and the good thing is we have been giftwrapped a top ten pick.....and some players we can afford to lose while garnering some extra compensation with the CBA as it now stands.....

i think we are looking pretty good for a nice run next year, even with neckbeard at qb:shocked: this team is better and the puzzle isnt near as dire as it looked last year

Then you are the guy I want to talk to. Do you really think ILB over DT or is that from a value stand point?

Elevation inc
12-15-2009, 12:59 PM
Don't jinx the top ten talk. I really want that pick.

cutler still has to get through the vikings and baltimore.....i see at best a 6-10 for them......they just dont have the personnel around him and his confidence is shot this year

the sad thing is that chicago beating baltimore would help us out greatly for wildcard reasons.....so do we want the wildcard or a top ten pick...LOL.....

claymore

and the good thing is we have been giftwrapped a top ten pick.....and some players we can afford to lose while garnering some extra compensation with the CBA as it now stands.....

I think it will be harder to win 10 games next year than it will be this year.

56crash
Spend on all our young players it is that simple . they all were a part of wins this year . Our young core is worth keeping .

SOCALORADO.

1. ILB rolando Mclain
2. DE Arthur Jones
2. C JD Walton
3. CB Kyle Wilson
4. WR Mike Williams
6. RB brandon James
7. OT Marlon Winn
7. P Zoltan mesko

DING! WINNER!
It wont be hard to keep Marshall, Doom, and Kuper. I am not sure about how the tendering works, but if DEN can do that with Sheff, then do it. He will be a hot commodity, as a pure pass catching TE, and their will be teams looking for a sure fire player instead of a bust in the draft. Any way you cut it Sheff is more than likely gone after this year. So lets get something for him. Great idea.
I think in your top 3 picks though DEN should grab a QB. Its a deep class, and theres alot of talent out there. Jevan Snead in the 2nd, maybe.
Franchising Doom, while not the best thing to do for relations, would give DEN one more year to see if he really is the "real deal" and then they can give him huge $$ next year. Another good idea.
And your FAs are on target.

Also, i hate to say it, but if Champ wants his contract redone.....see ya.

SOCALORADO.
12-15-2009, 01:01 PM
I was keeping track of my Fantasy teams on Sunday and I kept seeing some guy named Null throwing the ball for St. Louis. I had no idea there was a QB named Null in the league. WTF did he come from?

His brother Void is a reciever....

56crash
12-15-2009, 01:01 PM
Has anyone hear were the Goodmans landed ? If they have not got a job you can bet they will land in Dallas with Shanahan .

shank
12-15-2009, 01:06 PM

why do you say that?

coming into this season everyone thought this was the hardest schedule we've faced in years.

do you think it's just because we won't be "new and unpredictable" like we were this year?

Elevation inc
12-15-2009, 01:08 PM
Then you are the guy I want to talk to. Do you really think ILB over DT or is that from a value stand point?

i think looking at DT we have dan willaims and terrence cody as legit NT options......

i see dan williams as a option more so than cody, but i belive fields has done well this year and its actually marcus thomas struggling....i belive he needs to revert back to DE or trade bait for a 4th rd pick....we have baker in the wings and nolan usually grooms his NT instead of starting him right away just like he did with fields....

so i see NT as a second option behind ILB becase dan williams isnt really a BPA pick as he is a player of positional value....Rolando mcclain is a three dwon backer as a rookie....i like davis but he has clearly been worn down a bit as the seaosn moves on which means woodyard was the guy in line but woodyard nor haggan are good starting options there and we run into to to much situational crap with our backers

a guy like mcclain makes its simple.....he comes in for davis on nickel downs next year for the first seven games, then he starts from there on out as davis declines after seven games due to age, now a guy like mcclain gives us stuff woodyard and haggan doesnt...and we will have 2 beats in DJ and mcclain on the field on all downs....with woodyard and haggan for situational crap and davis a back-up leader as age grabs ahold of him...

so now in my oipinon we just made our front seven much better with a legit ILB option as a rookie than a rookie DT who most likely wont even be more than rotation the first 2 years.

the only DL we need to address is at RDE where peterson is okay and holliday is okay, but we need a legit 3-4 RDe who disrupts constantly in the backfield....getting that(jones, odrick,heyward,bailey, alulau) would allow our 3 man front to generate alot of pressure, openeing things up for ayers and dumervil even more.....

now i could see a scenario where we take odrick in the 1st rd and then someone like micah johnson or norwood in rd 2....

but under the radar guys like dez bryant, joe haden and donvona warren could be options as well...

this draft i belive will be filled with BPA picks...much more so than last year

Elevation inc
12-15-2009, 01:11 PM

i dont............i think we should compete with the elite next year, and im not exactly a huge optimist....

CoachChaz
12-15-2009, 01:12 PM

Schedule should be easier, system will be more second nature, more "right" players will be in place.

Plus we get to play KC and OAK twice again.

TXBRONC
12-15-2009, 01:13 PM
"Cashing in" so to speak could bring in a plethora of picks but that in no way shape or for means we can replace their production adequately. I think that especially true in Marshall's case.

Dortoh
12-15-2009, 01:17 PM
i think looking at DT we have dan willaims and terrence cody as legit NT options......

i see dan williams as a option more so than cody, but i belive fields has done well this year and its actually marcus thomas struggling....i belive he needs to revert back to DE or trade bait for a 4th rd pick....we have baker in the wings and nolan usually grooms his NT instead of starting him right away just like he did with fields....

so i see NT as a second option behind ILB becase dan williams isnt really a BPA pick as he is a player of positional value....Rolando mcclain is a three dwon backer as a rookie....i like davis but he has clearly been worn down a bit as the seaosn moves on which means woodyard was the guy in line but woodyard nor haggan are good starting options there and we run into to to much situational crap with our backers

a guy like mcclain makes its simple.....he comes in for davis on nickel downs next year for the first seven games, then he starts from there on out as davis declines after seven games due to age, now a guy like mcclain gives us stuff woodyard and haggan doesnt...and we will have 2 beats in DJ and mcclain on the field on all downs....with woodyard and haggan for situational crap and davis a back-up leader as age grabs ahold of him...

so now in my oipinon we just made our front seven much better with a legit ILB option as a rookie than a rookie DT who most likely wont even be more than rotation the first 2 years.

the only DL we need to address is at RDE where peterson is okay and holliday is okay, but we need a legit 3-4 RDe who disrupts constantly in the backfield....getting that(jones, odrick,heyward,bailey, alulau) would allow our 3 man front to generate alot of pressure, openeing things up for ayers and dumervil even more.....

now i could see a scenario where we take odrick in the 1st rd and then someone like micah johnson or norwood in rd 2....

but under the radar guys like dez bryant, joe haden and donvona warren could be options as well...

this draft i belive will be filled with BPA picks...much more so than last year

Good stuff thanks! I'll be looking forward to reading your posts this offseason and as the draft nears :salute:

Elevation inc
12-15-2009, 01:18 PM
DING! WINNER!
It wont be hard to keep Marshall, Doom, and Kuper. I am not sure about how the tendering works, but if DEN can do that with Sheff, then do it. He will be a hot commodity, as a pure pass catching TE, and their will be teams looking for a sure fire player instead of a bust in the draft. Any way you cut it Sheff is more than likely gone after this year. So lets get something for him. Great idea.
I think in your top 3 picks though DEN should grab a QB. Its a deep class, and theres alot of talent out there. Jevan Snead in the 2nd, maybe.
Franchising Doom, while not the best thing to do for relations, would give DEN one more year to see if he really is the "real deal" and then they can give him huge $$ next year. Another good idea.
And your FAs are on target.

Also, i hate to say it, but if Champ wants his contract redone.....see ya.

there are only 4 Qb's i think really fit this offense and would be worth a look....however the 1st 3 have concerns and are doubtfully better than orton in year 1 and taking a back-up qb before rd 4 is just not good value at all...Sean canfield to me is best positonal value in rd 4 and has the best overall game for the long term out of all 4 of the ones i mentioned....Accuracy, mobility, arm strength etc....but thats just my 2 cents....i actually belive if the scouts wake-up canfield will be a second rd Qb when all is said and done putting him out of our range...MCd is a QB whispere much the way shanny was with RB's and why not brady, cassell(11-5 record), orton 8-5 record.....none of those guys was taken before rd 4.....

Colt Mccoy- Cant read defenses well
Sam bradford- Injury Concerns
tony pike- Weak weak arm, although he is a gritty player
Sean canfield- My bet for a QB if we take one.....and he is a 4th rd pick....

i dont think we will be going QB anywhere before rd 4 if we do at all....but perhaps trading a guy like marcus thomas for a 4th rd pick...would give us that 4th to secure mike willams and sean canfield

claymore
12-15-2009, 01:26 PM
why do you say that?

coming into this season everyone thought this was the hardest schedule we've faced in years.

do you think it's just because we won't be "new and unpredictable" like we were this year?

i dont............i think we should compete with the elite next year, and im not exactly a huge optimist....

Schedule should be easier, system will be more second nature, more "right" players will be in place.

Plus we get to play KC and OAK twice again.

The ball bounced our way several times this year.

We caught some teams off guard.

First year HC's usually get a couple wins because of a lack of film, because of a new scheme etc.. I think this applied to us because of the new offense, and our migration to 3-4.

It seems the key to beating us has been stopping the run and letting Orton have his way. (weve won 2 of our last 7 games).

And.... We may not have Marshall, Doom, Sheff, and Orton.

As for the schedule, that changes every year. We will lose to some of the give me's and win some of the guarnteed supposed to lose games.

Having said that, I thought we were going to win 4 games this year. But I do believe it will be harder to suprise teams next year.

slim
12-15-2009, 01:30 PM
I am pretty sure you can't trade FA.

broncofaninfla
12-15-2009, 01:33 PM
We would be foolish to let Brandon walk. The kid is a special talent and has stayed out of trouble. Write some clauses in there that cuts his throat if he F's up and be done with it.

Dortoh
12-15-2009, 01:35 PM

I think you underestimate Al Davis and Dan Snyder.

slim
12-15-2009, 01:36 PM
I think you underestimate Al Davis and Dan Snyder.

That would be a pretty difficult thing to do.

Elevation inc
12-15-2009, 01:48 PM

??? which FA???? as of right now we have none...that could change in 2 1/2 months but i doubt it.....

Elevation inc
12-15-2009, 01:51 PM
The ball bounced our way several times this year.

We caught some teams off guard.

First year HC's usually get a couple wins because of a lack of film, because of a new scheme etc.. I think this applied to us because of the new offense, and our migration to 3-4.

It seems the key to beating us has been stopping the run and letting Orton have his way. (weve won 2 of our last 7 games).

And.... We may not have Marshall, Doom, Sheff, and Orton.

there is this but its about 85% doubtful a CBA gets done which means all become restricted FA's and we have all of them....even without a CBA i think we re-sign at least 3

As for the schedule, that changes every year. We will lose to some of the give me's and win some of the guarnteed supposed to lose games.

Having said that, I thought we were going to win 4 games this year. But I do believe it will be harder to suprise teams next year.

we also caught a couple bad breaks....the washington game where orton was balling and got hurt, the san diego game where we were forced to start simms.....it goes either way....this isnt a hochuli thing we are talking about...

and people can stop our run game because there isnt alot of continutity as we are running a hybrid ZBS man scheme without proper personnel i belive that stops next year as both dennison and turner leave....

and i was a orton doubter and still have some minor doubts but we are long past orton as the problem with this team....

claymore
12-15-2009, 01:52 PM
??? which FA???? as of right now we have none...that could change in 2 1/2 months but i doubt it.....

It all depends on the CBA. If the CBA doesnt get passed we are looking a whole lot better.

Elevation inc
12-15-2009, 02:05 PM
It all depends on the CBA. If the CBA doesnt get passed we are looking a whole lot better.

thats just it many leage pundits dont think it will get done untill right before the draft as they try and wrangle in this stupid rookie pay scale... that makes the FA period moot as its starts end of feb beginning of march...

now if there is a CBA and orton, sheff, marshall, kuper, dumervil all are URFA then i belive we will franchise tag either doom or marshall and re-sign orton and kuper with sheff being allowed to walk....and we will try and re-sign eitehr doom or marshall...which ever one wasnt franchised....

the only 1 i feel that wont want to stay is marshall, but money talks and if we offer up a 5 year 50 million dollar contract he now becomes the highest paid reciver in the game....so who knows...if he walks though i feel there are 3 WR's that would make a instant rookie impact for us...and im talking like huge impact....Dez bryant, Mike Williams, Marty gilliard.....

so even if marshall leaves i belive we still have options....but if the CBA is in place that means FA's will be available to MCd as well and he will spend just like last year....

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
12-15-2009, 02:33 PM
Dumervil has trade value through the roof, get rid of him while you can unless he wants to stay and have a small contract. Doom is like brady, a product of the system.

shank
12-15-2009, 02:36 PM
Dumervil has trade value through the roof, get rid of him while you can unless he wants to stay and have a small contract. Doom is like brady, a product of the system.

bro, doom has played in several 'systems' now, under several DCs, and has given pass blockers fits in each one.

Elevation inc
12-15-2009, 02:43 PM

wow....a 4-3 with 2 different cordinators plus a 3-4 and he has been a legit pass rush in all of them and you wanna get rid of him for a unproven rookie....wow just wow

TXBRONC
12-15-2009, 02:58 PM

So Denver shouldn't offer him a decent contact? And no Dumervil is noy the product of they system. He's been productive in getting sacks regardless of the system.

SOCALORADO.
12-15-2009, 03:04 PM
wow....a 4-3 with 2 different cordinators plus a 3-4 and he has been a legit pass rush in all of them and you wanna get rid of him for a unproven rookie....wow just wow

Cosign.

SOCALORADO.
12-15-2009, 03:07 PM
So Denver shouldn't offer him a decent contact? And no Dumervil is noy the product of they system. He's been productive in getting sacks regardless of the system.

DEN should do everything to keep Doom in DEN. If that means franchising him and paying him top $$ for a year, so be it. If there are any concerns about him, we'll now by next mid season. BUT i HIGHLY DOUBT that he's not the real deal. Hes one of those "Irreplaceables" along with Marshall as far as i am concerned.

SOCALORADO.
12-15-2009, 03:15 PM
there are only 4 Qb's i think really fit this offense and would be worth a look....however the 1st 3 have concerns and are doubtfully better than orton in year 1 and taking a back-up qb before rd 4 is just not good value at all...Sean canfield to me is best positonal value in rd 4 and has the best overall game for the long term out of all 4 of the ones i mentioned....Accuracy, mobility, arm strength etc....but thats just my 2 cents....i actually belive if the scouts wake-up canfield will be a second rd Qb when all is said and done putting him out of our range...MCd is a QB whispere much the way shanny was with RB's and why not brady, cassell(11-5 record), orton 8-5 record.....none of those guys was taken before rd 4.....

Colt Mccoy- Cant read defenses well
Sam bradford- Injury Concerns
tony pike- Weak weak arm, although he is a gritty player
Sean canfield- My bet for a QB if we take one.....and he is a 4th rd pick....

i dont think we will be going QB anywhere before rd 4 if we do at all....but perhaps trading a guy like marcus thomas for a 4th rd pick...would give us that 4th to secure mike willams and sean canfield

Well, we still dont know what MCD thinks about drafting for the QB position. Brandstater was a late rounder, but that doesnt mean he wont take a guy high. MCD didnt draft Brady or Cassell. They were just there. Shoot. wasnt Brady just there already in NE for Belechick? So we'll see. I still dont think passing on a legit rocket armed QB is a good idea if you can get one.
We will have to wait for the combine. Things will drastically change there for guys like Pike and Canfield i think. The real NFL QBs with NFL calibur arms will show through. I think guys like Pike and McCoy will fall waay back into late round players, but Canfield, Snead or Devlin (if he comes out) will move up.
Bradfords the wildcard. If he looks healthy, and throws well, it could get real interesting. Brees did it...just sayin..

claymore
12-15-2009, 03:17 PM
Doom has 124 tackles and 41 sacks.

In the same time period Ware has 290 tackles and 54.5 sacks.

I am comparing him to ware because that is the contract believed to be the measuring stick for Dume.

Doom is nowhere near the complete player Ware is. I hope to goodness we dont pay him anything close.

I think other teams see him as a situational type guy as well. BUT...... If we could get a 1st and a 3rd for him, I would do it in a heart beat.

Elevation inc
12-15-2009, 03:20 PM

I am comparing him to ware because that is the contract believed to be the measuring stick for Dume.

Doom is nowhere near the complete player Ware is. I hope to goodness we dont pay him anything close.

I think other teams see him as a situational type guy as well. BUT...... If we could get a 1st and a 3rd for him, I would do it in a heart beat.

elvis also was the only good player on the DL for 3 years while the rest was crap.....Dallas has had a pretty good complete DL for the past few years BIG difference....

TXBRONC
12-15-2009, 03:23 PM
DEN should do everything to keep Doom in DEN. If that means franchising him and paying him top $$ for a year, so be it. If there are any concerns about him, we'll now by next mid season. BUT i HIGHLY DOUBT that he's not the real deal. Hes one of those "Irreplaceables" along with Marshall as far as i am concerned.

Not that Dumervil is a close friend mine but he just strike me as the kind player that Denver would have to franchise because they couldn't sign him otherwise. He seems to be the kind of guy that if Denver offers him a fair deal he would take it.

It might be a little more difficult to re-sign Marshall but I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a long term deal the Broncos, same with Dumervil for that matter.

claymore
12-15-2009, 03:25 PM
elvis also was the only good player on the DL for 3 years while the rest was crap.....Dallas has had a pretty good complete DL for the past few years BIG difference....

As crappy as our D Line was Elvis was still only brought in on stuational stuff. He was a liability in the run.

He's good, I want to keep him. But nowhere near Ware money.

Elevation inc
12-15-2009, 03:30 PM
As crappy as our D Line was Elvis was still only brought in on stuational stuff. He was a liability in the run.

He's good, I want to keep him. But nowhere near Ware money.

and in the 4-3 scheme i agree since our entire 4-3 scheme was built on sitting back and waiting, but this switch did wonders for him.....

also i belive ware wouldnt encounter the same issues simply becasue of his szie in the 4-3 its something elvis overcame....and plus give elvis credit...ware never had slowik as a DC...HAHAHAHAHA

i dont like to compare the 2 as i think they are completly different players....

that being said elvis leads the league in sacks as a full down player now and has been much better against the run.....

he will get paid since pass rushers get bank based on sacks and he leads the league.....

SOCALORADO.
12-15-2009, 03:47 PM
Not that Dumervil is a close friend mine but he just strike me as the kind player that Denver would have to franchise because they couldn't sign him otherwise. He seems to be the kind of guy that if Denver offers him a fair deal he would take it.

It might be a little more difficult to re-sign Marshall but I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a long term deal the Broncos, same with Dumervil for that matter.

Agreed.

Buff
12-15-2009, 04:18 PM
Pay the shit out of Marshall. He's the only truly dominant player in that group. Everyone else I'm less concerned with. I think Doom is going to get paid more than he is worth.

claymore
12-15-2009, 04:19 PM
Pay the shit out of Marshall. He's the only truly dominant player in that group. Everyone else I'm less concerned with. I think Doom is going to get paid more than he is worth.

Im scared of What Marshall will do with 50 million dollars.

Buff
12-15-2009, 04:21 PM
Im scared of What Marshall will do with 50 million dollars.

Me too, but he's going to get it somewhere--may as well be here.

claymore
12-15-2009, 04:23 PM
Me too, but he's going to get it somewhere--may as well be here.

Its a deep Draft Buff, if we could get 2 #1's and 2 #3's for Doom and Marshall I would be happy.

We could get suh (or however its spelled in spanish) and maybe a QB.... Id be happy with that.

Buff
12-15-2009, 04:27 PM
Its a deep Draft Buff, if we could get 2 #1's and 2 #3's for Doom and Marshall I would be happy.

We could get suh (or however its spelled in spanish) and maybe a QB.... Id be happy with that.

I can't tell when you're being serious and when you're being sarcastic anymore. Like yesterday when NTL almost jumped your ass for giving kudos to McD.

I agree with trading Doom. Capitalize on his value and go find some guy who can contribute more on 1st and 2nd down. Marshall on the other hand--you can draft 10 WRs for the next 10 years and you may not find another guy with the size/speed/athletic ability combo that he has.

claymore
12-15-2009, 04:31 PM
I can't tell when you're being serious and when you're being sarcastic anymore. Like yesterday when NTL almost jumped your ass for giving kudos to McD.

I agree with trading Doom. Capitalize on his value and go find some guy who can contribute more on 1st and 2nd down. Marshall on the other hand--you can draft 10 WRs for the next 10 years and you may not find another guy with the size/speed/athletic ability combo that he has.

I would rather have Suh, and a Stud prospect QB than Marshall and Doom.

We could overpay Doom, and lose Marshall to (Insert stupid thing that marshall does) indefinitley.

Buff
12-15-2009, 04:50 PM

We could overpay Doom, and lose Marshall to (Insert stupid thing that marshall does) indefinitley.

Well Suh will go in the top 5, and I don't see us picking there... So that's a pipe dream.

I'm wary of paying Marshall too... But I'm even more concerned with the idea of fielding an offense without him. He is a dumbass, but he has put up and shut up and that's gotta count for something.

claymore
12-15-2009, 04:56 PM
Well Suh will go in the top 5, and I don't see us picking there... So that's a pipe dream.

I'm wary of paying Marshall too... But I'm even more concerned with the idea of fielding an offense without him. He is a dumbass, but he has put up and shut up and that's gotta count for something.

We will be without Marshall for 4 games next year anyway. It will be a team distraction etc......

if we had 3 #1's we could get Suh and a top QB. Especially if TB has the #1 overall. I know its a pipe dream. But its what I want. :D

TXBRONC
12-15-2009, 05:11 PM

I would rather give Marshall a chance to grow up. If shipped him off and drafted his replacement the chances are we wouldn't know if he was worth the pick for two or three years.

SOCALORADO.
12-15-2009, 05:32 PM
I would rather give Marshall a chance to grow up. If shipped him off and drafted his replacement the chances are we wouldn't know if he was worth the pick for two or three years.

How would DEN sign 3 1st round and 3 2nd round picks? Jeez, talk about blowing a bunch of $$$$$$$$ on ???????????????'s

JDL
12-15-2009, 05:39 PM
First, people thinking we are getting a top 5 pick or even a top 15 pick for Marshall are not being realistic (as that is what it is going to take to be able to get Suh, basically you'd have to have the ammo to trade to #1 overall.) And really I've not seen a whole lot of elite top 5 DT prospects pan out frankly... hardly seems worth putting all our eggs in 1 basket unless you are going after a QB (Manning, Brady, McNabb, Roethlisberger year after year field competitive teams... a great QB can do that.)

I would sign:

Brandon Marshall 5years 52mil 18mil guaranteed (Fitz was 4year 40 with 15mil)

Kyle Orton 4 years 20mil 12mil guaranteed

Elvis Dumervil 5 years 60 mil 20mil guaranteed (tough, if he wants Ware money we can't come anywhere near that period... but 12mil/yr would be fair for a more 1 dimensional type player.)

Chris Kuper 4 years 15mil 8mil guaranteed

I think those would be reasonable deals for those players. Tough with the CBA uncertainty, but cap space should not be much of an issue, Bowlen's pocketbook, tough to say, but if Shanahan signs on somewhere that will lighten Bowlen's financial load.

The reason for signing them?

Orton at worst is a perfect backup QB. We can see how awful it is to have a back up like Simms and something I was certainly worried about in the offseason, you had two guys you really didn't know exactly what you'd get out of them plus a rookie QB, a veteran who had played more recently and was more established would have been better than Simms. In the end, Orton can win a team games, you probably don't want him to be your franchise QB, but he is PERFECT for grooming a younger QB. Going rate is about 3mil/yr or so for a quality backup... I think we can split the difference.

Marshall - no doubt Orton is FAR more comfortable with Marshall than Royal. Marshall has saved Orton from a TON of INTs this year and come up with big plays. Orton is going to be the QB next year and probably the year after, and he would be an asset to any young QB we groomed. He's just worth keeping even with all the off-field and on-field issues.

Dumervil - probably the most expendable. He is our ONLY real pass rusher right now, but outside pass rushers in the 3-4 are pretty common and I only say he is expendable because of what it will cost to retain him, not his value on the team. Ware just shattered the bank and his contract will be so difficult to negotiate, when we can likely land someone in the 1st rd and see immediate production. Unfortunately, I doubt anyone would give us much for Dumervil because he is a bit of a one dimensional player (see Aaron Kampman.) Real tough for a guy who is probably closer to what we've seen since the break (5 sacks in last 7 games... that paces out to about 11-12 sacks in a season... you wouldn't pay Ware money to a guy like that.) You just have to wonder how much was teams not being prepared to defense Doom at OLB and if they've adjusted to him now. Still a very good pass rusher and if you can find a somewhat reasonable deal, you keep him (personally, I see what the market dictates.)

Kuper - he's a solid OG, nothing spectacular, but he knows the system and he as much as anyone has opened those holes on the right side and works well with Harris... hopefully Olsen can take over the LG spot.

Others

Bailey - I wouldn't mess with this, because we have a truly special secondary and I'd keep it going for at least one more season.

I think just maintaining some consistency could help us in developing these young players. Really we lost our 2nd best rookie (McBath) to IR this week, but hopefully some of the many rookies we drafted actually step up down the stretch and next season.

Northman
12-15-2009, 06:05 PM

This. Champ is getting old so throw Phonzo in his spot. But Doom and Marshall are a must to keep in my opinion.

weazel
12-15-2009, 06:19 PM

I buy www.broncosforums.com and get rid pf posts like these...

Dortoh
12-15-2009, 06:30 PM
I buy www.broncosforums.com and get rid pf posts like these...

Well thats interesting happy your pea brain could share.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-15-2009, 06:49 PM
I know nobody wants to hear it, but I dump Sims and let Orton walk. Brandstater will have a year under his belt and then we sign a decent journeyman backup and draft our next franchise guy in the draft.

The past few weeks have shown me a few things:

a) Marshall is definitely worth the money.

b) Dumervil is worth the money (he's our only consistent pass-rusher).

c) Orton is NOT worth the money. Any QB in the league could've done what Orton did vs Indy. Any QB in the league can run McD's offense as it stands now. I have no doubt that Brandstater would've put up the same numbers as Orton this week had he been in there.

d) Scheffler is under-utilized and should probably not be re-signed (unless he signs for cheap)

e) If we can extend Mike Nolan's contract as our DC, DO IT!!! I can't remember a defense this effective since the original Orange Crush. After the first quarter, they made the Colts' offense look like anybody else. That's impressive.

The bottom line is, I think Marshall and Doom should stay at a minimum. I don't think Orton is worth any more than what he's currently making so - buh bye!

Dirk
12-16-2009, 07:27 AM
Cut Simms now and give Orton and BMarsh the rest of this year's money to them. Talk about dead money. :tsk:

But keep BMarsh, pay him top 5 WR money. He is worth it. Pay Doom but NOT Ware money. Sheff can stay or go. Give Champ another year and see if he is really on the decline.

Sorry Dortoh....I didn't like any of your options to pick one. :lol:

drewloc
12-16-2009, 09:00 AM
As much as people are saying about Doom, you would think we have pass rushers galore here. He is in perfect position for what he does, and he will make some bank. I have no interest in going back to not having anyone with the ability to rush the passer. There was a time when everyone was yelling about that. I say keep him and Marshall if possible, the rest don't concern me as much.

Superchop 7
12-16-2009, 12:59 PM
I would trade our offensive co-ordinator (McDaniels) for a better co-ordinator (Shannahan)

Leave the defensive coaches alone.

Trade front office (Xanders) for front office (Goodmans)

Just sayin

weazel
12-16-2009, 01:12 PM
I say trade everyone for Jamarcus Russel

CoachChaz
12-16-2009, 01:17 PM
Some people have truly lost their minds

CoachChaz
12-16-2009, 01:17 PM
I would trade our offensive co-ordinator (McDaniels) for a better co-ordinator (Shannahan)

Leave the defensive coaches alone.

Trade front office (Xanders) for front office (Goodmans)

Just sayin

I agree. I'm already beginning to miss the 8-8 and 7-9 seasons where we are watching the playoffs at home

silkamilkamonico
12-16-2009, 01:38 PM
I agree. I'm already beginning to miss the 8-8 and 7-9 seasons where we are watching the playoffs at home

Not to mention, after the G.O.A.T. retired, it only took Mike "the mastermind" Shanahan about 6 seasons to actually get his guys in to the point where the offense was legit. I'll wait and see where Denver's offense is after McDaniels 6th season here to make that decision of who's a better OC.

missingnumber7
12-16-2009, 01:47 PM
c) Orton is NOT worth the money. Any QB in the league could've done what Orton did vs Indy. Any QB in the league can run McD's offense as it stands now. I have no doubt that Brandstater would've put up the same numbers as Orton this week had he been in there.

d) Scheffler is under-utilized and should probably not be re-signed (unless he signs for cheap)

Only thing I disagree with is C. I don't think Brandstater could do that, I do think that we can get Orton for a deal. Just need to be a 2 or 3 year deal. I think as he learns the O the book opens more and the game comes around. But we also need to either bring Brandstater along more or bring in a quality #2. And if Brandstater were capable, why isn't he the #2 instead of Simms?

As for D. I think we will get Scheff for a deal. TE's are a dime a dozen right now, especially recieving TE's. I think he will realize that in his dimished role this year and sign, unless someone else makes a run for him.

Northman
12-16-2009, 01:52 PM

Unfortuantely, thats a very unfair comparison. Reason being, Ware has been in the same scheme since day 1. Doom has not yet now Doom is in a scheme that compliments his ability and it has shined this year.

weazel
12-16-2009, 02:05 PM

it wasn't so much the thread, it was the options in the poll.

pea brain... at least you could take it to a higher level... :rolleyes:

Dortoh
12-16-2009, 02:52 PM
it wasn't so much the thread, it was the options in the poll.

pea brain... at least you could take it to a higher level... :rolleyes:

Nope its the best I could do because I like you. :coffee:

claymore
12-16-2009, 03:09 PM
Unfortuantely, thats a very unfair comparison. Reason being, Ware has been in the same scheme since day 1. Doom has not yet now Doom is in a scheme that compliments his ability and it has shined this year.

So you are willing to give him Ware money? I just dont think he's that good.

Lonestar
12-16-2009, 03:14 PM

few if any GM are dumb enough to trade for one unless there is a deal already done with the player..

they have NO incentive to give something away that will be free in a few days..

Lonestar
12-16-2009, 03:46 PM
WOW I just wasted 25 minutes reading through all that pie in the sky stuff.

I think I'll wait and see what the FO office does and not worry about anything beyond my control..

some how I think they have a better handle on it than most of our arm chair QB/ Monday morning HC/GMs do..

FWIW I do not see Josh going after another QB that is going to take YET another year to learn the scheme.. not getting it down PAT until 2013.. I think he will teach and make Orton into a top ten QB maybe even top 5-6.. and he will be happy as well as KO will be also.. Josh may draft another long term replacement/backup IF he does not think that Brandy can do it he has now had a years to evaluate him....

as for Doom a good to great OLB never make it in 4-3 as a DE just not big enough to do much other than pass rush.. while he did well in his first year the OC had the book on him in year 2. one trick pony..

Marshall there is a problem IMHO his EGO is getting bigger by the game.. and his maturity level may take decades to catch up.. if his agent is smart he will keep him in DEN with an incentive laden contract.. something that will not kill either side..

remember he is just one stupid act from missing 4-8 games next time.... Money is not everything.. after a couple mill a year what do you do with the rest? invested in a great mutual fund he will be set for live.. unless he starts putting it up his nose..

Kuper I think will be signed to a nice contract for both sides..

It sounds like all the players like playing for Josh unlike earlier in the year.. they seem to have all bought into the system and believe there may be a ring in the near future.. that should make for some home town discounts.. much like NE gets from lots of their players..

if those do not there will always be lots of older players that will like coming on board for the chance of being on a winning team..

Requiem / The Dagda
12-16-2009, 03:50 PM
Good job playing MMQB, JR. Orton isn't going to ever be a Top 5 QB.

Lonestar
12-16-2009, 04:03 PM
Good job playing MMQB, JR. Orton isn't going to ever be a Top 5 QB.

in your opinion but I did not ask for it either..

Brady and Cassell were made into good QB's in the scheme and there is no reason Orton can't be a good one with good coaching which he did not have in CHI..

I have a feeling that he will surprise even those that hated him coming in.. if not then I suspect Josh will make the right moves to get someone else..

I have trust in this guy, until he loses it..

CoachChaz
12-16-2009, 04:08 PM
How can anyone not be impressed with Orton this year? baffles me.

Requiem / The Dagda
12-16-2009, 04:13 PM
He's done pretty good. Still middle of the pack league wide though.

weazel
12-16-2009, 04:13 PM

you can stop sending me private messages with douchebag and shit on them, child. How old are you, anyway?

SOCALORADO.
12-16-2009, 04:15 PM

YES. Also, how can anyone not be impressed with MCD?!?!? Baffles me.
This guy took a career back up, nobody and went 11-5 in NE (Cassell)
Then he takes a supposed career backup in a trade (Orton) and it looks like he will go possibly 10-6 with him!!!
The guys a damn good coach. Period. **** all the haters.

Northman
12-16-2009, 04:25 PM
So you are willing to give him Ware money? I just dont think he's that good.

Well, for starters he hasnt asked for Ware money so its also unfair to "assume" that is what he will be asking for. With that said his production this year cant be denied. If this was Doom's first year would you still be complaining? Would you have handed Ware his money after just one year? Its easy to sit back right now and claim Ware the best thing since sliced bread but it also took Ware a couple of years to get his payday. Again, Doom deserves a raise but we dont even know if he is going to look for that kind of payday yet. Sounds like people are wetting themselves with a bunch of "what ifs" to me.

claymore
12-16-2009, 04:36 PM
He is as good as I expected. He doesnt win games, but he doesnt lose them. I was impressed for the NE game.

Well, for starters he hasnt asked for Ware money so its also unfair to "assume" that is what he will be asking for. With that said his production this year cant be denied. If this was Doom's first year would you still be complaining? Would you have handed Ware his money after just one year? Its easy to sit back right now and claim Ware the best thing since sliced bread but it also took Ware a couple of years to get his payday. Again, Doom deserves a raise but we dont even know if he is going to look for that kind of payday yet. Sounds like people are wetting themselves with a bunch of "what ifs" to me.

Its a message board we do nothing but wet ourselves. :D

Ware is just the best comparison we have to gauge. If I was him I would ask for Ware money and work my way down.

Personally, I think he is worth around 20 mill over 5 years and heavily stacked with incentives for tackles pro bowles etc.

Dortoh
12-16-2009, 04:37 PM
you can stop sending me private messages with douchebag and shit on them, child. How old are you, anyway?

Geez Nancy didnt mean to hurt your feelings

:laugh:

JDL
12-16-2009, 04:57 PM
Not to mention, after the G.O.A.T. retired, it only took Mike "the mastermind" Shanahan about 6 seasons to actually get his guys in to the point where the offense was legit. I'll wait and see where Denver's offense is after McDaniels 6th season here to make that decision of who's a better OC.

This isn't true. We were 2nd in the NFL in points in 2000. So, one full season passed between Elway and our next highly productive offense. And in truth, we had a never-ending string of critical injuries on offense in 1999, otherwise we would have been better than our 18th ranked offense.

JDL
12-16-2009, 05:03 PM
Also,

People just need to remember that we really have not pushed the cap in a few years and really haven't given many big contracts (and no mega contracts.)

We have money to sign all these guys, pending CBA restrictions on how you can structure contracts. The only real question is are they worth resigning?

I remember in 2001 or so when we made a big big push to sign our core.. signed Hamilton long-term, Lepsis long-term, Lennie Friedman long-term, and a few others too. It used up about 60% of our cap to do it and we regretted it, but those were back in the days when the cap was much more restrictive and you had many teams with bloated contracts and not enough space under the cap. The cap max is so high now, it isn't difficult, we've not done any creative stuff in about 5 years, just been slowly peeling away the dead money, which we had a lot of, and now is almost all off the books. We have a TON of space if we want to use it and if these players are worth it. Hard to say... because I've seen it go both ways.

Buff
12-16-2009, 05:08 PM
In 2001 we were still under the impression that the Salary Cap did not apply to us.

weazel
12-16-2009, 05:36 PM
Geez Nancy didnt mean to hurt your feelings

:laugh:

don't worry about me, I just can't believe you're that immature. keep it real, bud.

Dortoh
12-16-2009, 06:19 PM
don't worry about me, I just can't believe you're that immature. keep it real, bud.

I am this worried about you buddy

:kiss:

Magnificent Seven
12-17-2009, 01:00 AM
I have a funny feeling about Peyton Hills. They might trade him for someone after NFL season. I really like him.

Dortoh
12-17-2009, 10:06 AM
Weasel I dont like you but I do owe you an appology. I was in the wrong to whisper not so sweet nothings in your ear.

I'm done with it.

Thnikkaman
12-17-2009, 10:47 AM

Maybe I'll get banned for this, but your poll is one sided and asinine. There is nothing in there for trying to get something for Hillis or possibly Royal.

Dortoh
12-17-2009, 10:53 AM
Maybe I'll get banned for this, but your poll is one sided and asinine. There is nothing in there for trying to get something for Hillis or possibly Royal.

Why would you get banned for being wrong?

Thnikkaman
12-17-2009, 11:14 AM
Why would you get banned for being wrong?

True, just like you don't get banned for the inability to operate your medulla oblongata.

Dortoh
12-17-2009, 11:17 AM
True, just like you don't get banned for the inability to operate your medulla oblongata.

I'm not french

Thnikkaman
12-17-2009, 11:20 AM
I'm not french

Exactly.

NightTrainLayne
12-17-2009, 11:30 AM

Trust me Thnikka. If we started banning folks for not using their Medulla Oblongata this place would dry up and the Freak would be over-run.

We provide a service here. You and the Horsemen should be grateful.

slim
12-17-2009, 01:40 PM
Trust me Thnikka. If we started banning folks for not using their Medulla Oblongata this place would dry up and the Freak would be over-run.

I'm not sure what you two egg-heads are talking about, but something tells me I should be offended.

Thnikkaman
12-17-2009, 05:10 PM

Its the same service as the Maine and Broncos Country provides.

Dortoh
12-17-2009, 06:32 PM
The freak is kind of like the retarded step child of Bronco boards.

SmilinAssasSin27
12-17-2009, 07:03 PM
If a "tough" decision needs to be made...it's getting what we can for Champ.

As far as BM goes, his play has never been in question. His behavior/attitude has. I personally still don't trust 100% that he is fixed. He is playing for $. Hopefully he doesn't bite us in the ass if we give it to him.

Doom is a must keep.

TXBRONC
12-18-2009, 12:14 AM
If a "tough" decision needs to be made...it's getting what we can for Champ.

As far as BM goes, his play has never been in question. His behavior/attitude has. I personally still don't trust 100% that he is fixed. He is playing for $. Hopefully he doesn't bite us in the ass if we give it to him.

Doom is a must keep.

If Marshall is only playing for money this year then how do you explain the numbers he's put up over the past two seasons?

Lonestar
12-18-2009, 01:27 AM
If Marshall is only playing for money this year then how do you explain the numbers he's put up over the past two seasons?

Most folks believed that mike had promised him and jay a new contract after the season if they played well.

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel.

weazel
12-18-2009, 11:26 AM
Most folks believed that mike had promised him and jay a new contract after the season if they played well.

so when Mike was canned, one of them lashed out by whining like a baby and the other lashed out by slapping around his girlfriend.

CoachChaz
12-18-2009, 11:48 AM
so when Mike was canned, one of them lashed out by whining like a baby and the other lashed out by slapping around his girlfriend.

When I didnt get the raise I was looking for last year, I immediately paid for a whore and slapped the shit out of her. FWIW - it did make me feel better

Lonestar
12-18-2009, 06:23 PM

new fiancé IIRC

SmilinAssasSin27
12-18-2009, 06:29 PM

Has he behaved the previous 2 years?

Lonestar
12-18-2009, 06:34 PM

he has gotten better since TC but prior to that many issues came out.. especially since the going to court issue..

I still worry about him getting a huge new contract as he just does not seem all that mature to handle it..

we all saw how things got even worse after last years Pro Bowl..

let hope he has had a Come to Jesus moment, so to speak and is getting the right kind of guidance from Rod ..

TXBRONC
12-18-2009, 07:50 PM

Off the field no but what does that have to do with his performance on the field?

TXBRONC
12-18-2009, 07:53 PM

Just because believe it doesn't make it fact does it?

honz
12-18-2009, 08:50 PM
Dortoh, you never seize to amaze me with how your threads flourish. Mine always die after a day or two.

SmilinAssasSin27
12-18-2009, 11:48 PM
Maybe you should change your name to znoh.

SmilinAssasSin27
12-19-2009, 12:24 PM
Off the field no but what does that have to do with his performance on the field?

Your apparently not understanding my original post. His focus right now, IMHO, is to get paid. His talent has never been questioned. His head has historically been a train wreck. So what happens when he gets what he wants? Does he become happy and no more issues ever arise? Possible, but unlikely given comparable atheletes in similar situations. They do call him Baby TO afterall. His PLAY warrants him getting paid. My fear is that he reverts back to being the giant distraction that disrupts practice and puts his hand thru the TV once he gets his deal.

I work w/ criminals and a-holes every day. I think I have the professional experience enough to say that people don't just change overnight. Now people can mature, but I am leery that anyone can just mature and fix themselves over a 5 week period.

Nomad
12-19-2009, 12:34 PM
I wish there was a way to pay him but have language to where if he gets in trouble then it's taken away!!

Lonestar
12-19-2009, 03:07 PM
I wish there was a way to pay him but have language to where if he gets in trouble then it's taken away!!

I think there is but if he is as good as he says he would be wiser to have alot of incentives built in so he can make even more than if it was a guaranteed contract.. the sky becomes the limit with incentives..

but I suspect even he knows that he will do something stupid down the road and wants his money up front..

Dortoh
12-21-2009, 10:31 AM
Dortoh, you never seize to amaze me with how your threads flourish. Mine always die after a day or two.

The key is you have to be willing to look completely retarded.

Although this thread has merit IMO which is out of the norm for me :laugh:

SOCALORADO.
12-21-2009, 10:37 AM

I think there is a way to do this, but if another team doesnt, and offers the same $$$ in their contract, DEN runs the risk of losing out on him.
I would hope that the commish' recent disciplinary actions on players would cause ALL teams to have this language in a contract with Brandon, which would ultimately benefit DEN but desperate times call for desperate.....
well, you know the rest.