PDA

View Full Version : Will we win again this season?

honz
12-14-2009, 04:30 PM
Will we win another game this season or are we destined to be an 8-8 team again? We have winnable games against KC and Oakland at home, but after this week's debacle in Indy I can't see anyone being too confident that we can even beat bottom feeders anymore. So what do you guys think? What will our final record be? 8-8? 9-7? It won't be any better thsn that because no way we win 2 out of our last 3.

Poll to follow.

Northman
12-14-2009, 04:33 PM
What debacle? We lost to the best team in the AFC and yet almost came back on them despite the poor start.

As for the other sillyness, yea we will win again and finish 10-6.

CoachChaz
12-14-2009, 04:33 PM
Where are the 10-6 and 11-5 options?

Medford Bronco
12-14-2009, 04:34 PM
how about 11-5 or 10-6 at worst

Philly is not unbeatable. their D got torched last night
and was rescued by their O.

Pressure McNabb and get turnovers

honz
12-14-2009, 04:34 PM
Where are the 10-6 and 11-5 options?

Out of the question, both literally and figuratively.

Medford Bronco
12-14-2009, 04:35 PM
sometime I wonder if some of our fans are real Bronco fans

Go root for the Bears and the 22 int man :lol:

broncofaninfla
12-14-2009, 04:35 PM
I say we go 10-6

Northman
12-14-2009, 04:36 PM

Im not going to go that far with Honz as know he is a Bronco fan but i do have to wonder WTF he is thinking here.

honz
12-14-2009, 04:37 PM

No thanks. Jay Cutler sucks.

CoachChaz
12-14-2009, 04:38 PM

Well, then all I can say is F your poll

No offense intended

Medford Bronco
12-14-2009, 04:38 PM
Im not going to go that far with Honz as know he is a Bronco fan but i do have to wonder WTF he is thinking here.

Agreed, it was a general statement but sometimes i do wonder about some here

If we were 5-8 I could see more poed fans than being 8-5 and in a great postion to make the playoffs.

They FAR exceeded our expections or at least mine. we shall see

no eggs vs Oak however

claymore
12-14-2009, 04:39 PM
I dont know what to think. I think we can win or lose any week against any team. So I dont expect to win or lose anymore. I just watch the game and try not to get mad at Orton and the playcalling.

Requiem / The Dagda
12-14-2009, 04:40 PM
11 and 5

"The Broncos gallop into the playoffs by relying on rookie phenom Knowshon Moreno who has rushed for three consecutive 100 yard games and leads all rookie rushers in the NFL with 1,250 yards on the ground. No thanks to Peyton Hillis, who has recently been accused to drinking others Gatorade on the sideline in hopes to have more game fuel ready for possible playing time. So far his efforts have been in vain."

honz
12-14-2009, 04:40 PM
I dont know what to think. I think we can win or lose any week against any team. So I dont expect to win or lose anymore. I just watch the game and try not to get mad at Orton and the playcalling.

What would you think about giving Dortoh a shot at QB?

claymore
12-14-2009, 04:41 PM
What would you think about giving Dortoh a shot at QB?

Only ahead of Simms. :lol:

honz
12-14-2009, 04:42 PM
11 and 5

"The Broncos gallop into the playoffs by relying on rookie phenom Knowshon Moreno who has rushed for three consecutive 100 yard games and leads all rookie rushers in the NFL with 1,250 yards on the ground. No thanks to Peyton Hillis, who has recently been accused to drinking others Gatorade on the sideline in hopes to have more game fuel ready for possible playing time. So far his efforts have been in vain."

I like your aura, energy, and passion, my friend.

Northman
12-14-2009, 04:42 PM
11 and 5

Jesus dude, you got a real hardon for pissing in people's Hillis wheaties dont you? :lol:

Requiem / The Dagda
12-14-2009, 04:46 PM
Jesus dude, you got a real hardon for pissing in people's Hillis wheaties dont you? :lol:

What is more realistic: My scenario of us being 11 and 5 with Moreno running successfully on the ground or Hillis getting 25 carries over our last three games?

I'll take Moreno leading us to victory over Hillis getting to break a sweat eight days out of the week. There are certainties in life my friend: Death, taxes, Claymore attending National Eat a Burrito Day and that Peyton Hillis doesn't have a role on this team.

claymore
12-14-2009, 04:49 PM
Im more concerned about our playcalling than our RB. :flame:

Requiem / The Dagda
12-14-2009, 04:50 PM
I'd like to see us get a little more interesting with the play calling. I do not like running Moreno out of the shotgun, it is just horrendous. I never liked running those plays on NFL Quarterback Club 96 on Super Nintendo -- they just never did jack!

claymore
12-14-2009, 04:52 PM
I'd like to see us get a little more interesting with the play calling. I do not like running Moreno out of the shotgun, it is just horrendous. I never liked running those plays on NFL Quarterback Club 96 on Super Nintendo -- they just never did jack!

Ive always hated NE's offense. I was hoping/planning on McD being more creative and being able to use the talent we had a little better.

Northman
12-14-2009, 04:53 PM
What is more realistic: My scenario of us being 11 and 5 with Moreno running successfully on the ground or Hillis getting 25 carries over our last three games?

I'll take Moreno leading us to victory over Hillis getting to break a sweat eight days out of the week. There are certainties in life my friend: Death, taxes, Claymore attending National Eat a Burrito Day and that Peyton Hillis doesn't have a role on this team.

Personally? Ill take Moreno carrying the load and Hillis busting it in from 2 yds out. This way everyone is happy. :lol:

Dortoh
12-14-2009, 04:54 PM
Orton sucks and I'm not getting enough love in this poll

Northman
12-14-2009, 04:56 PM

Thats because you suck.

Requiem / The Dagda
12-14-2009, 04:56 PM
Ive always hated NE's offense. I was hoping/planning on McD being more creative and being able to use the talent we had a little better.

Changes will be made in the future. Keep in mind on defense and offense, we still have a bunch of players who aren't really who we want long term. We have had one year of a rollover that will likely continue for some time. This rollover is likely to include household names and fan favorites.

To be 8-5 right now with a shot at the playoffs was infathomable to me months ago. I think we can win out, and believe we will and have good momentum going into the playoffs. This team needs some additions, but to get where we have gotten with what we have is credit to hard work and effort by our coaches and players, but I give much credit to the will of McDaniels and the pedigree of Mike Nolan as a defensive coordinator. I'm glad to be where we are at right now. Certainly, it seems like it can only get better.

dogfish
12-14-2009, 04:57 PM
Will we win another game this season or are we destined to be an 8-8 team again? We have winnable games against KC and Oakland at home, but after this week's debacle in Indy I can't see anyone being too confident that we can even beat bottom feeders anymore. So what do you guys think? What will our final record be? 8-8? 9-7? It won't be any better thsn that because no way we win 2 out of our last 3.

Poll to follow.

13-3!

suck it, troll boi!

Requiem / The Dagda
12-14-2009, 04:57 PM
Personally? Ill take Moreno carrying the load and Hillis busting it in from 2 yds out. This way everyone is happy. :lol:

d5Tvu9Cx9PQ

Greatest of All-Time

dogfish
12-14-2009, 04:59 PM
Changes will be made in the future. Keep in mind on defense and offense, we still have a bunch of players who aren't really who we want long term. We have had one year of a rollover that will likely continue for some time. This rollover is likely to include household names and fan favorites.

word on the street is Tned might be rolling YOU over when he sees that wack avatar. . . . :listen:

claymore
12-14-2009, 05:00 PM

To be 8-5 right now with a shot at the playoffs was infathomable to me months ago. I think we can win out, and believe we will and have good momentum going into the playoffs. This team needs some additions, but to get where we have gotten with what we have is credit to hard work and effort by our coaches and players, but I give much credit to the will of McDaniels and the pedigree of Mike Nolan as a defensive coordinator. I'm glad to be where we are at right now. Certainly, it seems like it can only get better.

The ball has bounced our way more this year than it ever has IMO. I am glad we are here. And I hope Nolan stays because he deserves the majority of the credit this year. He took the worst defense ever, and turned them into a top5 defense.

Northman
12-14-2009, 05:02 PM
d5Tvu9Cx9PQ

Greatest of All-Time

You dont have to show me highlight reels my man. I watched Moreno in college. Point is if the defense knows your coming and your the only guy carrying the rock its much easier for them to stop you. If you mix it up and handoff to the FB (If Hillis was playing FB) then it would be much harder for defenses to zone in on one player all the time. But i know Knowshon can ball ive never denied that.

Dortoh
12-14-2009, 05:03 PM
Thats because you suck.

I have a better left handed throwing motion then Orton I'll tell you that damn much.

dogfish
12-14-2009, 05:09 PM
You dont have to show me highlight reels my man. I watched Moreno in college. Point is if the defense knows your coming and your the only guy carrying the rock its much easier for them to stop you. If you mix it up and handoff to the FB (If Hillis was playing FB) then it would be much harder for defenses to zone in on one player all the time. But i know Knowshon can ball ive never denied that.

JMFMCD needs to get more creative with the play calling in short yardage situations, for sure. . . i'd love to see us start with one of the big packages, two back set, tight formation, and then split moreno out wide to give the defense something else to think about. . . something like that is where peyton's versatility comes into play, because he's a credible receiving threat. . . hell, even fake the dive up the midle to hillis and then pitch it outside to moreno and let him get the edge behind clady or graham instead of just plowing straight into a damn wall every time. . . we need to make it less predictable, because right now teams are just stacking the LOS and blitzing the A gaps, and we're running right into the teeth of it and getting our plays blown up in the backfield. . .

sanluis
12-14-2009, 05:24 PM
:confused:??? What happened to the 10-6 option?? :D

sanluis
12-14-2009, 05:26 PM
JMFMCD needs to get more creative with the play calling in short yardage situations, for sure. . . i'd love to see us start with one of the big packages, two back set, tight formation, and then split moreno out wide to give the defense something else to think about. . . something like that is where peyton's versatility comes into play, because he's a credible receiving threat. . . hell, even fake the dive up the midle to hillis and then pitch it outside to moreno and let him get the edge behind clady or graham instead of just plowing straight into a damn wall every time. . . we need to make it less predictable, because right now teams are just stacking the LOS and blitzing the A gaps, and we're running right into the teeth of it and getting our plays blown up in the backfield. . .

You mean like Norv Turner?? :D

Northman
12-14-2009, 05:34 PM

lol, i did see that game yesterday. Too bad the Dallas defender mauled the receiver and ruined the play. Either way, Chargers are playing well right now. But, just so as long as they dont make the SB we can still be friends. :D

dogfish
12-14-2009, 05:34 PM

i don't know if i'd go that far :lol: , but in fairness norv IS a pretty good offensive coordinator. . . .

Northman
12-14-2009, 05:36 PM
Norv still has a turkey neck. Gobble Gobble!

Dortoh
12-14-2009, 05:38 PM
Norv still has a turkey neck. Gobble Gobble!

Obviously the NFL has a shitty insurance benifit as hail damage to the face does not seem to be covered.

sanluis
12-14-2009, 05:42 PM
Obviously the NFL has a shitty insurance benifit as hail damage to the face does not seem to be covered.

I think it was street damage!! :shocked:

:lol:
Just kidding Norv!!! All is forgiven if he gets us that trophy!! :D

TXBRONC
12-14-2009, 05:43 PM

Or maybe his face caught on fire and someone put it out with a rake?

Northman
12-14-2009, 05:45 PM

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

sanluis
12-14-2009, 05:52 PM

Oh Damn!! :lol: Ouch!!:shocked:

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
12-14-2009, 06:01 PM

******* moron. :tsk:

Skinny
12-14-2009, 06:06 PM
We'll win 2 out of 3.

Book it danno.

Lonestar
12-14-2009, 06:07 PM
I see us 10-6 unless Russell does not start for OAK.. if the new guy plays we could have an issue with them..

Philly could be a win but again we are playing on the east coast this time prime time..

as for KC unless something really goes wrong we should win that one..

could be 11-5 but I doubt it..

Timmy!
12-14-2009, 06:08 PM

Nice work Honz.

Dortoh
12-14-2009, 06:09 PM
I still say mark me down for 12-4 bitches

honz
12-14-2009, 06:13 PM
******* moron. :tsk:

Post reported for personal attack. Enjoy your suspension.

weazel
12-14-2009, 06:16 PM
if they want to make the playoffs they have to...

we beat the Raiders
we should beat KC
Philly is a toss up.

honz
12-14-2009, 06:18 PM
I still say mark me down for 12-4 bitches

Way to stick by your guns, QB.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
12-14-2009, 06:31 PM
Post reported for personal attack. Enjoy your suspension.

:ranger:

topscribe
12-14-2009, 06:35 PM

Hotrod, you know I love you. :kiss:

11-5

Orton for the Pro Bowl :eviltongue:

-----

Shazam!
12-14-2009, 06:41 PM
9 Wins and I'll be happy. McD brings a winning season in his first year when all said he'd tank without that jerkass what's his face. Anything above 9 is a Christmas gift and I'll be ecstatic about it. Playoffs would be icing on the cake.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
12-14-2009, 07:02 PM
9 Wins and I'll be happy. McD brings a winning season in his first year when all said he'd tank without that jerkass what's his face. Anything above 9 is a Christmas gift and I'll be ecstatic about it. Playoffs would be icing on the cake.

And what are you gonna do when we win the super bowl?

Shoot your wad? :elefant:

Northman
12-14-2009, 07:04 PM

Nice work Honz.

Let me guess. I fell for the banana in the tailpipe trick.......:tsk:

dogfish
12-14-2009, 08:16 PM

TX, i think i've been posting with you for about four years now, and this might be the best post i've seen from you. . . .

:spit: :pound: :rofl:

Bozo Jr.
12-14-2009, 08:39 PM

This post should be grounds for a suspension itself......HATER!:tsk:

claymore
12-14-2009, 08:41 PM
TX, i think i've been posting with you for about four years now, and this might be the best post i've seen from you. . . .

TX is one of those guys I agree with 90% of the Time. No offense to Tex intended. :eek:

slim
12-14-2009, 09:29 PM
10-6 will work. It will get us in the playoffs and also make Clay eat his crow.

That is good enough for me.

shank
12-14-2009, 10:15 PM
we're winning out.

slim
12-14-2009, 10:26 PM
I don't understand why people think we will win IN philly.

I don't see that happening.

Benetto
12-14-2009, 10:28 PM
Chokeland - Win
Philly - Loss
GayC - Close win

GEM
12-14-2009, 11:01 PM
Chokeland - Win
Philly - Loss
GayC - Close win

Benetto "nipples" sighting!! :rockon: :D

honz
12-14-2009, 11:02 PM
Chokeland - Win
Philly - Loss
GayC - Close win
What I took from this post is that the Lakers suck.

BCJ
12-14-2009, 11:41 PM
Sorry honz but you failed miserably. Team goes 10-6 at the least. Somehow you didnt have the guts for a 10-6 or 11-5 poll. 65 posts and 7 votes. That equals big time FAIL!

shank
12-14-2009, 11:50 PM
has honz not made a name for himself yet?

honz
12-14-2009, 11:55 PM

I even added tags to help people.

Brand
12-15-2009, 12:19 AM
Well, then all I can say is F your poll

No offense intended

F that poll. And the offesnse is intended......:tsk:

Brand
12-15-2009, 12:20 AM

And that's why you are not a player or a coach.....

dogfish
12-15-2009, 12:21 AM

people clearly

just

don't

get it. . .

we should run a two-for-one sale on sarcasm detectors-- we could make an absolute KILLING around here!

dogfish
12-15-2009, 12:25 AM

not sure why you'd say that. . . i mean, i would agree that we won't be favored, but don't tell me we can't beat a team that lost to ****ing OAKLAND! their offense is clearly far better than ours, but maclin being out won't help, and philly's only one win better than us on the season. . . granted, east coast games traditionally aren't real kind to us, but they're certainly no unbeatable juggernaut. . .

shank
12-15-2009, 12:30 AM

we all just witnessed that when the broncos aren't making mistakes, they can play with any team. if we play well, no one is unbeatable, and i always expect us to play well.

GEM
12-15-2009, 12:32 AM
Where is the choice for 0-16?

dogfish
12-15-2009, 12:50 AM
Where is the choice for 0-16?

slim ate it. . . .

JONtheBRONCO
12-15-2009, 12:44 PM
This thread sucks as much as Claymores sig.

honz
12-15-2009, 12:45 PM

I actually like claymore's sig...so thank you!

Dortoh
12-15-2009, 12:47 PM

Oh then I think you are really going to enjoy mine :lol:

TXBRONC
12-15-2009, 01:31 PM
we're winning out.

The Eagles are a lot like the Chargers in that over the last several years they usually play very well come November and December. That being said I agree it's possible.

claymore
12-15-2009, 01:33 PM
This thread sucks as much as Claymores sig.:Sojealous:.....

I actually like claymore's sig...so thank you!

Thanks Honzy!

shank
12-15-2009, 01:35 PM
The Eagles are a lot like the Chargers in that over the last several years they usually play very well come November and December. That being said I agree it's possible.

true.

but the broncos just proved to themselves that they can play with the best teams in the league. in brandon marshall's post-game presser he said that they left the colts game with their heads held high.

they know what they need to do, and that they can do it with any team.

a confidence building game at home against the raiders should have the broncos heading into Philly on a high-note.

(if we had beat the colts, the raiders game would feel like a trap game... but the team should be on the same page after losing a winnable game against a very good team).

Dortoh
12-15-2009, 01:37 PM
true.

but the broncos just proved to themselves that they can play with the best teams in the league. in brandon marshall's post-game presser he said that they left the colts game with their heads held high.

a confidence building game at home against the raiders should have the broncos heading into Philly on a high-note.

(if we had beat the colts, the raiders game would feel like a trap game... but the team should be on the same page after losing a winnable game against a very good team).

**** it Shanko I'm buying in to what your selling here.

Playoffs or bust

slim
12-15-2009, 01:39 PM
**** it Shanko I'm buying in to what your selling here.

Playoffs or bust

I wouldn't listen to shank right now.

Apparently he is all hopped up on cold medicine or something.

Dortoh
12-15-2009, 01:39 PM
I've recently had a concussion what are the playoff senerios for us? Is it still to complicated? Win and were in? What help do we need etc....

Dortoh
12-15-2009, 01:40 PM

I'm just pretending to like him until I get the birthday shot he promised me ;)

But dont tell him.

shank
12-15-2009, 01:50 PM

slim, you're an idiot.

adderall is for ADD kids. i'm more focused right now than i've ever been.

shank
12-15-2009, 01:51 PM
I'm just pretending to like him until I get the birthday shot he promised me ;)

But dont tell him.

you just guaranteed yourself a shot straight from the bar-mat.

TXBRONC
12-15-2009, 02:52 PM
true.

I hope you're right. I love for Denver to end the season with a three game winning streak.

I hope you're right. :beer:

TXBRONC
12-15-2009, 03:03 PM

Thanks Dog. :salute:

Shazam!
12-15-2009, 03:26 PM
I just want the 9th and I'll be happy with this Season. I can't see them going losing 2 out of the last 3, so 10 would be one helluva Christmas gift.