PDA

View Full Version : McBath out for the year

broncofaninfla
12-14-2009, 02:09 PM
This sucks, just got the text McBath out for the year, broken arm

Northman
12-14-2009, 02:11 PM
That truly blows. He didnt even play that much.

silkamilkamonico
12-14-2009, 02:14 PM
What? When did this happen? Didn't he have an int yesterday? I didn't even see him get hurt.

I think he's going to be a good one for us.

scott.475
12-14-2009, 02:23 PM
I don't remember the exact play, but I remember seeing him come off the field and collapse to his knees clearly favoring his right (I think) arm. I thought at the time maybe it was a dislocation of the shoulder, he has in pretty bad, obvious pain.

Buff
12-14-2009, 02:26 PM
So who takes his spot, Bruton or Barrett? Bruton is hurt too, isn't he?

claymore
12-14-2009, 02:27 PM
I hope McDaniels calls him and yells at him. Tell him to get better faster.

camdisco24
12-14-2009, 02:37 PM
This suckssss.
He's got a bright future with us, he's a big loss for our D.

Requiem / The Dagda
12-14-2009, 02:46 PM
Unfortunate news. McBath has done an excellent job playing significant time when Dawkins was gone and even in packages replacing Hill. He had two interceptions this year I believe and was showing some ball hawking skills in the NFL like he did in college. Laid some hits too. He should be a very good player for us. Here is hoping that Bruton can get healthy and step up. Maybe Josh Barrett will see time too.

shank
12-14-2009, 02:48 PM
he had a good game yesterday, this is pretty lame.

buff, bruton had limited participation on thr and fri and was questionable for the colts game.

i'm glad we have some good young safeties heading into the playoffs. hopefully they can get and stay healthy.

Elevation inc
12-14-2009, 02:51 PM
just got some info from mania that vernon fox was signed to replace him while mcbath goes to IR with a broken forearm

bad loss Mcbath is gonnabe a player for us down the road...def looked good so far this year.

hopefully we dont see to much of a drop off in play with him and hill banged up.....I would imagine barrett gets the first crack....but bruton could heal up quick enough to get time this week as well...

rotoworld confirms the Fox signing...DP claims its to replace Mcbath's special teams role nothing more....

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
12-14-2009, 02:55 PM
That SUCKS

Dortoh
12-14-2009, 03:04 PM
I've said it all along Bruton = future GOAT

I love the kid

Edmonton Bronco Fan
12-14-2009, 03:04 PM
Ouch, that really stings.

SOCALORADO.
12-14-2009, 03:05 PM
Unfortunate news. McBath has done an excellent job playing significant time when Dawkins was gone and even in packages replacing Hill. He had two interceptions this year I believe and was showing some ball hawking skills in the NFL like he did in college. Laid some hits too. He should be a very good player for us. Here is hoping that Bruton can get healthy and step up. Maybe Josh Barrett will see time too.

Your right. He has been very good in the limited time hes played at both safety spots, which is really impressive. Great range on this guy, and a solid tackler. I am actually glad its just a broken arm. I dont want to see him injured. Usually its an easy fix, and theres rarely any lingering issues, as opposed to a knee or shoulder. I also dont think DEN needs to address the safety spot until around the 6th round.
Man, just a year ago we were all discussing how bad Manuel and Mcree were. What a turn around one offseaon of FA and a draft can do to cure one position. Hill has been really good too. I really was hoping some of Dawkins would rub off on Barrett, but damn, I dont think its happening.

Elevation inc
12-14-2009, 03:32 PM
yeah im pretty stoked we fixed the safety issue only way i see us addressing it in the first part of the draft is if at say pick ten or 11 our targets are gone and earl thomas is BPA or some crazy crap like that....or if eric berry falls in our lap...lol

Shazam!
12-14-2009, 06:33 PM
Vernon Fox returns

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93703

weazel
12-14-2009, 06:35 PM
I don't remember the exact play, but I remember seeing him come off the field and collapse to his knees clearly favoring his right (I think) arm. I thought at the time maybe it was a dislocation of the shoulder, he has in pretty bad, obvious pain.

he was on his knees on the sideline and the camera was on him, but Dan Fouts was too busy stroking Peyton. I knew he was done for the day the way he was holding his arm. If it would have been a higher profile player they would have said something later, but he probably wasn't missed, so...