PDA

View Full Version : First Order of Business.....

WARHORSE
12-14-2009, 02:01 AM
GET RID OF THE SHOTGUN RUNNING PLAYS MCD!!!!! THEY SUCK!!

Talk about ignorance. At least if youre going to run out of the shotgun, how about using a short shuttle pass instead of standing back there and letting all the linebackers see you hand it off, thereby sealing a wasted down.

BURN EVERY PAGE IN THE PLAYBOOK WITH THAT PLAY!!!!!

Son of a BRIIIIICK!

pnbronco
12-14-2009, 02:48 AM
So War....how do you really feel??? :laugh:

claymore
12-14-2009, 10:18 AM
GET RID OF THE SHOTGUN RUNNING PLAYS MCD!!!!! THEY SUCK!!

Talk about ignorance. At least if youre going to run out of the shotgun, how about using a short shuttle pass instead of standing back there and letting all the linebackers see you hand it off, thereby sealing a wasted down.

BURN EVERY PAGE IN THE PLAYBOOK WITH THAT PLAY!!!!!

Son of a BRIIIIICK!

A whole lot of head scratching yesterday.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-14-2009, 01:02 PM
This is one sentiment that I MUST agree with. How many times a game do we try the shotgun draw up the middle? 4, 5, 6? Does it ever work? We never seem to use it in the right scenarios, either. Second and short (an obvious passing down) when you know the defense in playing pass is a decent time because you might gash the defense for a big play, but not on first down when they are looking for the run, and surely not on 3rd and 5 or more.

The big thing is, our O-line is based on movement when run blocking, not being on their heels pass blocking then try to run out of that set. The defense recognizes the blocking scheme pass vs run immediately and can eat up the draw all day.

I know McD loves him some shotgun, but lets just try running out of a pro set offense, please. Save the tricky draws until after the defense starts respecting your running and passing plays.

CoachChaz
12-14-2009, 01:18 PM
I think once we have a solid guard and a center that isnt getting mail rom AARp, the draw will work more. Maybe not.

Either way, I think execution plays into this more than play-calling

Dortoh
12-14-2009, 01:22 PM
I think once we have a solid guard and a center that isnt getting mail rom AARp, the draw will work more. Maybe not.

Either way, I think execution plays into this more than play-calling

Honestly I agree 100% the middle of our oline is currently getting blown the **** up.

And yes IMHO "blown the **** up" is a perfectly legit technical term to use in this situation.

claymore
12-14-2009, 01:23 PM
Honestly I agree 100% the middle of our oline is currently getting blown the **** up.

And yes IMHO "blown the **** up" is a perfectly legit technical term to use in this situation.

Everyone to the right of Clady needs to be a backup.

CoachChaz
12-14-2009, 01:25 PM
The thing I look at is Moreno running throughout the season. I would go out on a limb and say that in 75% of his runs, he was hit right at the line or behind it. Is that because of him, the playcalling or the blocking?

slim
12-14-2009, 01:26 PM
I can't believe they keep running it up the middle in short yardage situations.

I believe this is the definition of insanity.

Crush05
12-14-2009, 01:26 PM
Eveytime they do this all I can do is

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW :mad::tsk:

What in they hey are they thinking?

claymore
12-14-2009, 01:28 PM
The thing I look at is Moreno running throughout the season. I would go out on a limb and say that in 75% of his runs, he was hit right at the line or behind it. Is that because of him, the playcalling or the blocking?

I think its the scheme. :D

CoachChaz
12-14-2009, 01:29 PM
I think its the scheme. :D

???????

What scheme have you seen that calls for a lineman to get blown off the ball?

Dortoh
12-14-2009, 01:31 PM
Everyone to the right of Clady needs to be a backup.

Orton lines up to the right of Clady............just saying :laugh:

claymore
12-14-2009, 01:32 PM
???????

What scheme have you seen that calls for a lineman to get blown off the ball?

I was just being silly.

slim
12-14-2009, 01:32 PM

So does Beast, at times.

claymore
12-14-2009, 01:33 PM

Oh mY!!!

Medford Bronco
12-14-2009, 01:36 PM
I say first order of busniness is thinking about beating the Raiders.

That is what is more important now.
Yesterday is gone.

Prater did not help either.
It was not all bad, Manning did throw 3 picks and hardly ever does that.

Maybe see them again at some point, who knows

as much as I hate it, the Sparklers look great and are going to win the Division.
They manhandled Dallas. I hope Cincy beats them next week but who knows?

Go Broncos.

Dortoh
12-14-2009, 01:36 PM
So does Beast, at times.

doesnt matter Slim. Now that coach Mcpoopypants gave Brandon the record instead of winning the game we wont be able to aford to keep him. Now we have lost our best wr and threw the game costing us the playoffs and setting the franchise back at least a dozen years but hey Brandon just got rich so woohoo....

:elefant:

slim
12-14-2009, 01:37 PM
doesnt matter Slim. Now that coach Mcpoopypants gave Brandon the record instead of winning the game we wont be able to aford to keep him. Now we have lost our best wr and threw the game costing us the playoffs and setting the franchise back at least a dozen years but hey Brandon just got rich so woohoo....

:elefant:

Yeah, we have no hope for the future.

Now where did I leave my razorblades?