PDA

View Full Version : Brady and Moss to miss the Pro Bowl

Slick
02-04-2008, 06:52 PM
http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story?id=09000d5d8068419d&template=with-video&confirm=true

Do you think they'd be doing this if they had won?

MOtorboat
02-04-2008, 06:56 PM
News out of whoville says they strained their mangina's last night.

Slick
02-04-2008, 06:58 PM
Hilarious, I might have to borrow that one.

BOSSHOGG30
02-04-2008, 07:02 PM
This happens every year... this is when you get to find out who the sore losers are and who aren't. I knew this would happen.

Day1BroncoFan
02-05-2008, 01:07 AM
Well don't that just put the frosting on the cake.

NightTrainLayne
02-05-2008, 01:34 AM
Cowards.

Nomad
02-05-2008, 08:28 AM
No surprise! Sore Losers!!!!

DallasChief
02-05-2008, 08:34 AM
I hear Brodie Croyle is taking Brady's place. :D

BeefStew25
02-05-2008, 09:04 AM

Which means his wife will be in a thong. I am buying my plane ticket right now.

dogfish
02-05-2008, 07:18 PM
This happens every year... this is when you get to find out who the sore losers are and who aren't. I knew this would happen.

what, wounded pride doesn't count as a real injury?

MOtorboat
02-05-2008, 07:23 PM

Who are you, Carl Peterson?

Npba900
02-09-2008, 11:38 AM
http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story?id=09000d5d8068419d&template=with-video&confirm=true

Do you think they'd be doing this if they had won?

Good for them! They need to rest their bodies and mend their injuries anyway. There the smart ones. Perhaps not participating in the Pro Bowl extends their careers to a certain degree....who knows and who cares.

How many 20 mile per hour car wrecked impact scenarios do the fans really expect NFL players to endure, just to play a game that means nothing and to entertain fans who have no idea the horrific collisions an NFL player endures.

From 2 a days at camp, to the 4 preseason games, then 16 NFL games, and 3 or 4 post season games. That's a total of 24 games in an era when players are bigger, faster, and more athletic than ever before!! NFL players need a Freaking Break to rest and heal their minds, bodies, and souls for next season.

Due to the risk to injury or career ending injury the players do not really play the game anyway....they just go thru the motions, and game turns into in "Sandlot Backyard Circus". So why bother!!

NFL players have given the game, the owners, and the fans their bodies, hearts, and souls from June thru February! Enough is enough.

I wouldn't mind scraping the Pro Bowl Game itself, but just naming the players to All Pro teams, 1st and 2nd respectively would be good enough.

Way to go Brady and Moss......rest up and comeback refreshed and healthy for next season.

The fans have no excuse to say "They Feel" cheated b/c with todays 24/7 sports reporting and Dish TV, allows the fans to see their star players in action during the regular season when the games MEAN SOMETHING in the first place.

BOSSHOGG30
02-09-2008, 11:42 AM
It has nothing to do with saving their bodies... they are sore losers.... It happens every year... the losing team always has players drop out due to "injury"

It is an honor to go to the Pro Bowl...do you know how many guys would love to go? Ask Brandon Marshall and see if he would turn down a chance? I doubt it..... It is sad when a player is healthy enough to play and they turn it down... shows you how much they respect the honor as well as the fans.

Day1BroncoFan
02-09-2008, 11:45 AM
I'm sur bilicheat has an injury, yea to his pride. That's why he isn't going, to avoid the collisions.

dogfish
02-09-2008, 04:05 PM
brady's injury is legit, guys-- ESPiN just reported that he strained his mangina. . . .

Slick
02-09-2008, 05:52 PM
Good for them! They need to rest their bodies and mend their injuries anyway. There the smart ones. Perhaps not participating in the Pro Bowl extends their careers to a certain degree....who knows and who cares.

How many 20 mile per hour car wrecked impact scenarios do the fans really expect NFL players to endure, just to play a game that means nothing and to entertain fans who have no idea the horrific collisions an NFL player endures.

From 2 a days at camp, to the 4 preseason games, then 16 NFL games, and 3 or 4 post season games. That's a total of 24 games in an era when players are bigger, faster, and more athletic than ever before!! NFL players need a Freaking Break to rest and heal their minds, bodies, and souls for next season.

Due to the risk to injury or career ending injury the players do not really play the game anyway....they just go thru the motions, and game turns into in "Sandlot Backyard Circus". So why bother!!

NFL players have given the game, the owners, and the fans their bodies, hearts, and souls from June thru February! Enough is enough.

I wouldn't mind scraping the Pro Bowl Game itself, but just naming the players to All Pro teams, 1st and 2nd respectively would be good enough.

Way to go Brady and Moss......rest up and comeback refreshed and healthy for next season.

The fans have no excuse to say "They Feel" cheated b/c with todays 24/7 sports reporting and Dish TV, allows the fans to see their star players in action during the regular season when the games MEAN SOMETHING in the first place.

Had we been talking about their 3 O-lineman that took the "car crash" type of beating, I'd agree, but Moss and especially Tom(5 seconds in the pocket all year up until the superbowl) Brady, I disagree.

I'm siding with Dog and MB on this one, definately strained manginas.

No all star game in any sport is even close to regular season in terms of a physical game. It's a free trip to Hawaii, and recognition of fans and peers. If you're able, you show up, IMO.

dogfish
02-09-2008, 06:10 PM
News out of whoville says they strained their mangina's last night.

whoops, didn't see that you'd posted the same thing already. . .

ah well, duplicates of brady-bashing posts aren't the worst thing in the world. . . . :lol:

Npba900
02-09-2008, 10:01 PM
It has nothing to do with saving their bodies... they are sore losers.... It happens every year... the losing team always has players drop out due to "injury"

It is an honor to go to the Pro Bowl...do you know how many guys would love to go? Ask Brandon Marshall and see if he would turn down a chance? I doubt it..... It is sad when a player is healthy enough to play and they turn it down... shows you how much they respect the honor as well as the fans.

Brady and Moss are probably both mentally tired and may have a few nicks they want to have healed. Both are in their 30's and injuries don't heal as fast as they use to. The fans have had the opportunity to see both these guys play in 19 games thru the regular season, playoffs and SB.

In Brandon's case I can see your point b/c he's has not been in the league very long and hasn't been thru the rigors of several NFL seasons. But once he's appeared in 6 or 7 Pro Bowls.....he won't be as excited as he is now due to the wear and tear his body will have endured.

However, the story is different for NFL veterans b/c of all the wear and tear their bodies have already endured, especially once a player has 7-10 years under their belt.

Today's Pro Bowl game is bettered suited for the young guys not yet approaching their 30's.

The fans are not cheated. Todays fans have the opportunities to see the stars play during the course of the season just by the advent of the NFL ticket alone. The players already show respect for the fans by playing in the preseason, playing the regular season, and playing in the post season.

Should veteran NFL player(s) elect not to participate in a circus type atmosphere-sand lot Pro Bowl game---that means nothing, they should have the right to choose not play, w/o self-centered fans yelling foul.

Broncospsycho77
02-09-2008, 10:13 PM
I bet Brady's out because of that nagging shoulder injury.

:sarcasm button:

Slick
02-09-2008, 10:19 PM
Brady and Moss are probably both mentally tired and may have a few nicks they want to have healed. Both are in their 30's and injuries don't heal as fast as they use to. The fans have had the opportunity to see both these guys play in 19 games thru the regular season, playoffs and SB.

In Brandon's case I can see your point b/c he's has not been in the league very long and hasn't been thru the rigors of several NFL seasons. But once he's appeared in 6 or 7 Pro Bowls.....he won't be as excited as he is now due to the wear and tear his body will have endured.

However, the story is different for NFL veterans b/c of all the wear and tear their bodies have already endured, especially once a player has 7-10 years under their belt.

Today's Pro Bowl game is bettered suited for the young guys not yet approaching their 30's.

The fans are not cheated. Todays fans have the opportunities to see the stars play during the course of the season just by the advent of the NFL ticket alone. The players already get paid large amounts of money playing in the preseason, playing the regular season, and playing in the post season.

Should veteran NFL player(s) elect not to participate in a circus type atmosphere-sand lot Pro Bowl game---that means nothing, they should have the right to choose not play, w/o self-centered fans yelling foul.
Fixed that for you. I respect your opinion here, I just don't agree with it. :salute:

For the record, I could care less to see either one of them play again this year, but if they'd won, they'd be there, just to have everyone "kiss the ring".

Npba900
02-09-2008, 10:35 PM
Fixed that for you. I respect your opinion here, I just don't agree with it. :salute:

For the record, I could care less to see either one of them play again this year, but if they'd won, they'd be there, just to have everyone "kiss the ring".

Good points. We can agree to disagree and respect one anothers opinion. I was just speculating anyway. After all, I did not speak to Brady or Moss personally.:salute: