PDA

View Full Version : MSM Clowns

broncobryce
12-13-2009, 10:52 PM
A couple things I saw that really pissed me off.

1) Rodney Harrison talking shit about the Broncos losing to the Colts. He said (I'm paraphrasing here) "Denver goes out and spends millions of dollars on this secondary to beat the Colts, and they still can't do it."

Really? We spent money on a secondary to beat the Colts? What? McD goes by the school of thought that a veteran secondary works best because the players have seen it all before, so they won't get tricked easily. If he would have said the Chargers, I would still disagree, but it would make more sense. The Colts are not even in our division, and they did not win the superbowl last year, so I do not think our main goal this year was to beat the Colts.
FAIL.

2) Some idiot on NFL network, (I think it was Jamie Pukes) when they were doing the Broncos/Colts highlights was making fun of McD. When they showed him yelling at the defense, Pukes was talking in a high pitched voice saying "you guys better play better", then he did it again later. No class, no suprise. Jamie Dukes is a ******* clown, I have no idea how he has a job.
Sorry for the language, but trust me, he deserves it.

Did you guys see the clips I am talking about?

BCJ
12-13-2009, 11:02 PM
Jamie Dukes should have a stamp over his forward that says FAIL on it. Just youtube the call in from the Titans running back calling out Dukes on his assesment of him. He fails all around. As for Harrison, we got Bailey to stop the Colts....over 4 years ago. These guys were selected by McDaniels. He got guys to win regardless of who we were playing. Yes, Harrison is living in the past.

broncobryce
12-13-2009, 11:08 PM
Jamie Dukes should have a stamp over his forward that says FAIL on it. Just youtube the call in from the Titans running back calling out Dukes on his assesment of him. He fails all around. As for Harrison, we got Bailey to stop the Colts....over 4 years ago. These guys were selected by McDaniels. He got guys to win regardless of who we were playing. Yes, Harrison is living in the past.

Just when I was starting to like Harrison too. As for Pukes, maybe he just hates Denver cuz Rod Smith threatened to hit him 'with these rings'.

camdisco24
12-14-2009, 01:02 AM
I felt that the announcers during the game today were in LOVE with the Colts.
Yes Peyton Manning is AWESOME. NO, we dont need to be told that a gazillion times.
Once our D started playing we'll they kind of calmed down, but the first half drove me CRAZY.

dogfish
12-14-2009, 01:27 AM
meh. . . rodney harrison has always been a gigantic shit-talking megadouche, in addition to being a piece of garbage who was notorious for his dirty play and his use of HGH. . . nobody besides pats and chargers fans ever have or ever will like the POS. . . and jamie dukes is a mumbling, drooling mongoloid who probably couldn't spell his own name correctly two times in a row. . .

those tools can flap their gums from now 'til the apocalypse, and i won't lose a moments sleep over it. . . .

EastCoastBronco
12-14-2009, 08:09 AM
I felt that the announcers during the game today were in LOVE with the Colts.
Yes Peyton Manning is AWESOME. NO, we dont need to be told that a gazillion times.
Once our D started playing we'll they kind of calmed down, but the first half drove me CRAZY.

I'm wondering what the hell those announcers are going to do if the Vikes and the Colts make it to the super bowl. They won't know whether to shit or go blind... It'll just be a huge bukkake in the booth.

claymore
12-14-2009, 08:17 AM
A couple things I saw that really pissed me off.

1) Rodney Harrison talking shit about the Broncos losing to the Colts. He said (I'm paraphrasing here) "Denver goes out and spends millions of dollars on this secondary to beat the Colts, and they still can't do it."

Really? We spent money on a secondary to beat the Colts? What? McD goes by the school of thought that a veteran secondary works best because the players have seen it all before, so they won't get tricked easily. If he would have said the Chargers, I would still disagree, but it would make more sense. The Colts are not even in our division, and they did not win the superbowl last year, so I do not think our main goal this year was to beat the Colts.
FAIL.

2) Some idiot on NFL network, (I think it was Jamie Pukes) when they were doing the Broncos/Colts highlights was making fun of McD. When they showed him yelling at the defense, Pukes was talking in a high pitched voice saying "you guys better play better", then he did it again later. No class, no suprise. Jamie Dukes is a ******* clown, I have no idea how he has a job.
Sorry for the language, but trust me, he deserves it.

Did you guys see the clips I am talking about?

I saw JMCD yelling at the players on the sideline durring the game and thought it was immature. Players want to be talked to like men. Not berrated by a rookie HC who is as young as them or younger.

I really hope he stops doing it, that stuff needs to happen once in awhile, not durring a game that isnt make or break.

CoachChaz
12-14-2009, 08:22 AM
I saw JMCD yelling at the players on the sideline durring the game and thought it was immature. Players want to be talked to like men. Not berrated by a rookie HC who is as young as them or younger.

I really hope he stops doing it, that stuff needs to happen once in awhile, not durring a game that isnt make or break.

You've officially lost your mind

claymore
12-14-2009, 08:25 AM
You've officially lost your mind

Because I think a HC yelling at players every other game is immature?

Dirk
12-14-2009, 08:39 AM
The Broncos are paying them a ton of money to play. So yeah, if they aren't getting it done, then yell at them. During the game or not, I am ok with that.

CoachChaz
12-14-2009, 08:39 AM

He's an emotional guy. They do well, he cheers and pumps his fist and hugs them. They do badly and he's chewing their ass. Sounds alot like a father to me in a way.

claymore
12-14-2009, 08:42 AM
He's an emotional guy. They do well, he cheers and pumps his fist and hugs them. They do badly and he's chewing their ass. Sounds alot like a father to me in a way.

I dont know to many grown men that get motivated by getting yelled at.

CoachChaz
12-14-2009, 08:46 AM
I dont know to many grown men that get motivated by getting yelled at.

That explains alot

claymore
12-14-2009, 08:50 AM
That explains alot

Im not going to play your game today. If you have something to say, say it. Or refute what ive said. I cant argue with one quip lines that have no meaning to them. You might as well just post the rollseyes smiley, because I cant read your mind.

CoachChaz
12-14-2009, 09:02 AM
Im not going to play your game today. If you have something to say, say it. Or refute what ive said. I cant argue with one quip lines that have no meaning to them. You might as well just post the rollseyes smiley, because I cant read your mind.

Grown men have been getting yelled at in professional sports and our military every day since long before me or you even graced the Earth. In America, we have the greatest collection of professional athletes and the most elite military force in the world.

Explain to me again how men dont respond to being yelled at. The facts are there and someone whose never played professional sports or did anything in the military should hardly be the one speaking for the history of both.

claymore
12-14-2009, 09:16 AM
Grown men have been getting yelled at in professional sports and our military every day since long before me or you even graced the Earth. In America, we have the greatest collection of professional athletes and the most elite military force in the world.

Explain to me again how men dont respond to being yelled at. The facts are there and someone whose never played professional sports or did anything in the military should hardly be the one speaking for the history of both.

Kids respond to it. Not grown men.

Ive worked around the Military for 15 years. And I havent seen people getting yelled at for motivation since I left basic training.

A kid on the bubble to make the team will respond to a coach yelling at them every week. A veteran NFL Starter will eventually tell you to get bent. Either mentally of verbally.

CoachChaz
12-14-2009, 09:24 AM
Kids respond to it. Not grown men.

Ive worked around the Military for 15 years. And I havent seen people getting yelled at for motivation since I left basic training.

A kid on the bubble to make the team will respond to a coach yelling at them every week. A veteran NFL Starter will eventually tell you to get bent. Either mentally of verbally.

I'm not talking about Admin pogues and fry cooks. The military I'm talking about are the ones with their lives on the line daily. Think they dont get screamed at regularly? Try doing it and tell me that.

Rookie, scrub, vet, star...is an NFL coach suppose to treat 52 guys trying to accomplish the same thing all differently? One team...one goal. If they need praise, you give them praise. If they need a wake up call, you give them a wake up call.

claymore
12-14-2009, 09:43 AM
I'm not talking about Admin pogues and fry cooks. The military I'm talking about are the ones with their lives on the line daily. Think they dont get screamed at regularly? Try doing it and tell me that.

Rookie, scrub, vet, star...is an NFL coach suppose to treat 52 guys trying to accomplish the same thing all differently? One team...one goal. If they need praise, you give them praise. If they need a wake up call, you give them a wake up call.

NFL players fall into the admin fry cook scenario Coach. Except, in the end when they win and lose it doesnt really matter.

No way a 35 year old Pro bowler responds well to a 33 YO cherry coach yelling at him every week. No way a rookie first round pick responds to getting yelled at like that.

Getting yelled at once maybe twice in a year yeah. But a coach that yells on a weekly basis will only lessen the message.

CoachChaz
12-14-2009, 09:55 AM
NFL players fall into the admin fry cook scenario Coach. Except, in the end when they win and lose it doesnt really matter.

No way a 35 year old Pro bowler responds well to a 33 YO cherry coach yelling at him every week. No way a rookie first round pick responds to getting yelled at like that.

Getting yelled at once maybe twice in a year yeah. But a coach that yells on a weekly basis will only lessen the message.

Interesting. Ditka, Parcells, Coughlin, Cowher, etc.

Funy how the guys that yell and scream all the time have Super Bowl rings and players that are completely loyal to them. Even McD has a team that is completely over-achieving REGARDLESS of his emotions.

claymore
12-14-2009, 10:04 AM

Funy how the guys that yell and scream all the time have Super Bowl rings and players that are completely loyal to them. Even McD has a team that is completely over-achieving REGARDLESS of his emotions.

Most of those guys are HOF worthy or already are in the HOF. Im sure I can find a long list of coaches that yelled and never accomplished anything.

Again, yelling once in awhile is necessary. Yelling on a weekly basis is counterproductive.

NightTrainLayne
12-14-2009, 10:22 AM
Since when is the NFL Network part of the MSM?

:D

dogfish
12-14-2009, 12:27 PM

really? i love it. . . i was sick to friggin' death of shanahan standing on the sidelines with his thumb up his ass watching his teams crumble like he didn't give a shit. . . JMFMCD wasn't afraid to suspend marshall, and he wasn't afraid to fail champ on his conditioning drills the first day of camp, but he clearly hasn't alienated anyone. . . the team is playing their asses off for him!

i'm with JR on this on-- anyone who isn't man enough to accept tough coaching can ****. . . the days of club med practices and no accountability are OVER in denver, and it's about damn time. . .

every coach has a different motivational style, but it's not like you get to that HOF level and then you can scream at your players-- most of the guys coach named got to that level in large part because they weren't afraid to get in people's faces. . . parcells is one of the rudest SOBs in professional sports, but players follow him from team to team. . . buddy ryan was a tremendous jerk, but he coached some of the best defenses of all time. . .

claymore
12-14-2009, 12:36 PM
really? i love it. . . i was sick to friggin' death of shanahan standing on the sidelines with his thumb up his ass watching his teams crumble like he didn't give a shit. . . JMFMCD wasn't afraid to suspend marshall, and he wasn't afraid to fail champ on his conditioning drills the first day of camp, but he clearly hasn't alienated anyone. . . the team is playing their asses off for him!

i'm with JR on this on-- anyone who isn't man enough to accept tough coaching can ****. . . the days of club med practices and no accountability are OVER in denver, and it's about damn time. . .

every coach has a different motivational style, but it's not like you get to that HOF level and then you can scream at your players-- most of the guys coach named got to that level in large part because they weren't afraid to get in people's faces. . . parcells is one of the rudest SOBs in professional sports, but players follow him from team to team. . . buddy ryan was a tremendous jerk, but he coached some of the best defenses of all time. . .

I agree with accountability. Suspending Marshall, and holding Champ to a standard. And I dont mind the childish fist pumps.

What I dont like is yelling at the players every week. I just dont think its a tactic that will last long. He needs to control it. players will not respond to that after awhile.

Eventualy someone will fire back.

These guys arent soldiers, they arent normal people. They have been spoiled their whole lives, and the majority of them are rich.

I know zero rich spoiled men who take getting yelled at very well.

Requiem / The Dagda
12-14-2009, 12:38 PM
Josh McDaniels telling the defense to play better is no different than Brian Dawkins pulling a handful of starters aside and getting their blood boiling. These players know what is at stake. Shut up Claymore.

claymore
12-14-2009, 12:41 PM
Josh McDaniels telling the defense to play better is no different than Brian Dawkins pulling a handful of starters aside and getting their blood boiling. These players know what is at stake. Shut up Claymore.

I will have to disagree with you. I would say most men in the NFL look up to Dawkins.

The equivelant would be Chriss Simms yelling at someone to fire them up.

Ravage!!!
12-14-2009, 01:03 PM
for one.. there is a HUGE difference btween Dawkins doing it and the coach.

But... I think it depends on the coach, the situation, and how its done. I don't find a thing wrong with a coach yelling...because yelling TO isn't the same as yelling AT. There is a difference, and the players know it. When you are on the sidelines, and the coach is yelling TO you, thats different than getting in your face and yelling AT you. If he's yelling at the entire squad/team/unit/defense, thats different than yelling directly at YOU. Even when they yell AT you, the players know the difference. Hell, I remember screwing up big time in college covering a TE... bit on the PA. The worst part was coming to the sideline and NOT being chewed out because they were so pissed.

A coach can yell "Now quit that effing crap, and get doing what you are supposed to" and not offend a player. If he gets in your face and yells "quit getting your effing fat ass blocked, and do something" then the player might take offense. The players know the coach, they know his personality, the players hear it on the practice field and in the locker room. They know the difference from being chewed out, being yelled at and being yelled to.

Also... for every Parcells, I can give you a Joe Gibbs. For every Cowher, I can give you a Landry. For every Ditka I can give you a Vermiel. For every Coughlin I can give you a Shanahan. FOr every Jimmy Johnson, I'll give you Belicheck. Yelling doesn't make you a winner. Considering how quiet Belicheck is, I'm surprised how much McDaniels yells. Not exactly his MO to be so different than his mentor.

Toddy Haley is a perfect example. He yells, and the players yell back at him. Why? I don't know, but whatever he's doing the players aren't responding to it. Until I see some reason to believe that McDaniel's yelling is causing some kind of dissent with the players, I have no reason to believe they are taking it personal.

CoachChaz
12-14-2009, 01:16 PM

But... I think it depends on the coach, the situation, and how its done. I don't find a thing wrong with a coach yelling...because yelling TO isn't the same as yelling AT. There is a difference, and the players know it. When you are on the sidelines, and the coach is yelling TO you, thats different than getting in your face and yelling AT you. If he's yelling at the entire squad/team/unit/defense, thats different than yelling directly at YOU. Even when they yell AT you, the players know the difference. Hell, I remember screwing up big time in college covering a TE... bit on the PA. The worst part was coming to the sideline and NOT being chewed out because they were so pissed.

A coach can yell "Now quit that effing crap, and get doing what you are supposed to" and not offend a player. If he gets in your face and yells "quit getting your effing fat ass blocked, and do something" then the player might take offense. The players know the coach, they know his personality, the players hear it on the practice field and in the locker room. They know the difference from being chewed out, being yelled at and being yelled to.

Also... for every Parcells, I can give you a Joe Gibbs. For every Cowher, I can give you a Landry. For every Ditka I can give you a Vermiel. For every Coughlin I can give you a Shanahan. FOr every Jimmy Johnson, I'll give you Belicheck. Yelling doesn't make you a winner. Considering how quiet Belicheck is, I'm surprised how much McDaniels yells. Not exactly his MO to be so different than his mentor.
Toddy Haley is a perfect example. He yells, and the players yell back at him. Why? I don't know, but whatever he's doing the players aren't responding to it. Until I see some reason to believe that McDaniel's yelling is causing some kind of dissent with the players, I have no reason to believe they are taking it personal.

My only point was that the hard asses AS WELL as the "players coaches" can win games and championships.

KCL
12-14-2009, 01:37 PM

It's not the pee wee league clay...we're talking about millionaires here.If they need to be yelled at to get fired up..then the coach needs to do what he sees fit.

KCL
12-14-2009, 01:43 PM

Oh here we go again with the Todd Haley crap..sorry but McD yelling his head off at the players isn't any different than Haley doing it..:rolleyes:

claymore
12-14-2009, 01:46 PM
It's not the pee wee league clay...we're talking about millionaires here.If they need to be yelled at to get fired up..then the coach needs to do what he sees fit.

How do you respond to getting yelled at?

CoachChaz
12-14-2009, 01:47 PM

Apples and oranges. You cant compare military and sports to a desk job.

slim
12-14-2009, 01:51 PM

I cut myself.

claymore
12-14-2009, 01:57 PM
Apples and oranges. You cant compare military and sports to a desk job.

All three of them are jobs. And barring some disaster or life or death situation, grown men dont take to getting yelled at that well. Especially by someone who is younger than them.

silkamilkamonico
12-14-2009, 01:58 PM
The way the players were playing, they needed to get yelled at. McDaniels gives them an oppurtunity to get themselves ready to come out and execute, and they didn't. Whatever way the players took before the game to motivate themselves obviously dfidn't work. I probably would have berated them too.

I think McDaniels way works. He's genuine. The players knwo when he's happy, and the player's know when he's pissed. Todd Haley on the other hand, is just always berating his players, and rarely says anything good to them. I think that's a situation it doesn't work.

Medford Bronco
12-14-2009, 01:59 PM
meh. . . rodney harrison has always been a gigantic shit-talking megadouche, in addition to being a piece of garbage who was notorious for his dirty play and his use of HGH. . . nobody besides pats and chargers fans ever have or ever will like the POS. . . and jamie dukes is a mumbling, drooling mongoloid who probably couldn't spell his own name correctly two times in a row. . .

those tools can flap their gums from now 'til the apocalypse, and i won't lose a moments sleep over it. . . .

He is a dirty pos. He basically ruined Trent Greens career in stl
but it worked out for kurt warner.

at least harrison is well spoken. Dukes is a puke:lol:

claymore
12-14-2009, 02:00 PM
The way the players were playing, they needed to get yelled at. McDaniels gives them an oppurtunity to get themselves ready to come out and execute, and they didn't. Whatever way the players took before the game to motivate themselves obviously dfidn't work. I probably would have berated them too.

I think McDaniels way works. He's genuine. The players knwo when he's happy, and the player's know when he's pissed. Todd Haley on the other hand, is just always berating his players, and rarely says anything good to them. I think that's a situation it doesn't work.

Well if yelling works he needs to yell at his offense.

slim
12-14-2009, 02:02 PM

He did that on Thanksgiving night and they seemed to respond to it.

I would agree with you if McD only yelled, without ever giving any positive feedback. But that is not the case.

I don't see anything wrong with a blow-up every now and then.

silkamilkamonico
12-14-2009, 02:03 PM

I think it's different situations. I don't think the offense was lethargic and not playing hard, they were just off. Orton was Chicago Orton and not making good throws. I think in those situations you stay frustrated and contine to work through it.

The defense wasn't playing hard, or executing. They were getting pushed around. The defense was capable of playing much better than they were. And I think they responded to McDaniels, because they were all world during the 4th drive up until the last.

I don't think yelling at the interior oline for getting pushed around is going to do much, because at this point they are what they are and you have to just deal with it.

claymore
12-14-2009, 02:05 PM
He did that on Thanksgiving night and they seemed to respond to it.

I would agree with you if McD only yelled, without ever giving any positive feedback. But that is not the case.

I don't see anything wrong with a blow-up every now and then.

My main point is it shouldnt be an everygame tactic. It should be a last resort deal when it means something.

Cowher was mentioned earlier to. I couldnt have handled his positive and negative shit with the spit coming out of his mouth. that was just gross.

KCL
12-14-2009, 02:06 PM

This makes no sense..we're not talking about me,you or anyone else on
this board.

slim
12-14-2009, 02:07 PM
My main point is it shouldnt be an everygame tactic. It should be a last resort deal when it means something.

Cowher was mentioned earlier to. I couldnt have handled his positive and negative shit with the spit coming out of his mouth. that was just gross.

Yeah, Cowher always rubbed me the wrong way (does that sound gay?).

The way he sticks his jaw out and spits everywhere...what a doosh.

RE: McD, I don't think it is an every game tactic. Seems like it has happend 3 or 4 times this year (if that).

KCL
12-14-2009, 02:08 PM
All three of them are jobs. And barring some disaster or life or death situation, grown men dont take to getting yelled at that well. Especially by someone who is younger than them.

Do you think they would rather get yelled at or get docked a games pay for
screwing up?

Spiritguy
12-14-2009, 02:08 PM
I'm wondering what the hell those announcers are going to do if the Vikes and the Colts make it to the super bowl. They won't know whether to shit or go blind... It'll just be a huge bukkake in the booth.

Maybe that would be the best situation for everyone. They would be so verclempt that they wouldn't be able to speak and we the fans could actually enjoy the game w/o all their self indulgent crap. :D

claymore
12-14-2009, 02:10 PM
I think it's different situations. I don't think the offense was lethargic and not playing hard, they were just off. Orton was Chicago Orton and not making good throws. I think in those situations you stay frustrated and contine to work through it.

The defense wasn't playing hard, or executing. They were getting pushed around. The defense was capable of playing much better than they were. And I think they responded to McDaniels, because they were all world during the 4th drive up until the last.

I don't think yelling at the interior oline for getting pushed around is going to do much, because at this point they are what they are and you have to just deal with it.

If yelling is his tactic it will get stale.

silkamilkamonico
12-14-2009, 02:13 PM
If yelling is his tactic it will get stale.

I've only seen him yell 3 times. I don't think he does it every game. I remember him completely berating the oline on that Thursday. But then again, when they have 4 false starts on 1 drive inside the red zone, they deserve to get berated. That's just playing stupid and not knowing the situation of your QB's cadence.

claymore
This makes no sense..we're not talking about me,you or anyone else on
this board.
You are a human being, and adult right?

Yeah, Cowher always rubbed me the wrong way (does that sound gay?).

The way he sticks his jaw out and spits everywhere...what a doosh.

RE: McD, I don't think it is an every game tactic. Seems like it has happend 3 or 4 times this year (if that).I always thought Cower was over rated too. :baghead:

Do you think they would rather get yelled at or get docked a games pay for
screwing up?Thats impossible. I would rather see them docked from pay than yelled at though.

I would love for it to be a performance based type of pay scale. Then no one needs to yell!

KCL
Todd Haley on the other hand, is just always berating his players, and rarely says anything good to them. I think that's a situation it doesn't work.

Oh good lord...Haley has the same purpose yelling at his players that McD has.

slim
12-14-2009, 02:14 PM
Yeah, one game he gave the ST coach the business, he blew up on Thanksgiving night and then he went off on the defense yesterday. Those are the only three that I remember.

KCL
12-14-2009, 02:16 PM
You are a human being, and adult right?

Thats impossible. I would rather see them docked from pay than yelled at though.

I would love for it to be a performance based type of pay scale. Then no one needs to yell!

clay..yes I am an adult but I am not making millions like an NFL player is..:rolleyes:

I didn't ask what you would like to see...I asked what the players would rather have happen.

slim

Not really.

Haley is just an ******* (I know this from his time as OC here in AZ)...it is no secret that he is a dooshbag.

He yells just to yell...without much positive feedback/motivation.

There is a difference.

silkamilkamonico

What about the part about Haley praising his players?

I've seen the way his players respond to him. They have very little respect for him. McDaniels get's pissed and yells too, but I've never seen a player go right back at him or have to be held back, and something tell's me I never will.

claymore
I've only seen him yell 3 times. I don't think he does it every game. I remember him completely berating the oline on that Thursday. But then again, when they have 4 false starts on 1 drive inside the red zone, they deserve to get berated. That's just playing stupid and not knowing the situation of your QB's cadence.

I cant argue that. THey deserved spankins over that.

KCL
12-14-2009, 02:19 PM
Not really.

Haley is just an ******* (I know this from his time as OC here in AZ)...it is no secret that he is a dooshbag.

He yells just to yell...without much positive feedback/motivation.

There is a difference.

I'm sure slim that you have inside info to what goes on with Haley and the players.I am all for him getting on the players if they eff up and that's what he does cause that's what they do.

silkamilkamonico
12-14-2009, 02:20 PM
I cant argue that. THey deserved spankins over that.

If he overdoes it, I think we will know based on the reaction of the players. If players start yelling back at him (not questioning or stating their case), or have to be held back by other teammates, I think then it's a concern and he's lost the player's respect.

claymore
12-14-2009, 02:21 PM
clay..yes I am an adult but I am not making millions like an NFL player is..:rolleyes:

I didn't ask what you would like to see...I asked what the players would rather have happen.

I dont know what they would want. I think it would be easier to motivate a non millionaire by yelling at them though.

KCL
12-14-2009, 02:23 PM
What about the part about Haley praising his players?

I've seen the way his players respond to him. They have very little respect for him. McDaniels get's pissed and yells too, but I've never seen a player go right back at him or have to be held back, and something tell's me I never will.

Like I posted in the rookie coach thread..when a team is having a horrible season like the Chiefs are having...tempers are going to show and they did.
Him and Wade settled their differences...if Wade didn't like being chewed out for effing up...TFB..He's getting paid to make plays and deserved to get yelled at like he did.

claymore
12-14-2009, 02:23 PM
If he overdoes it, I think we will know based on the reaction of the players. If players start yelling back at him (not questioning or stating their case), or have to be held back by other teammates, I think then it's a concern and he's lost the player's respect.

That will come with losing. Maybe even losing a playoff game. IF it becomes a pattern.

KCL
12-14-2009, 02:25 PM
I dont know what they would want. I think it would be easier to motivate a non millionaire by yelling at them though.

well every coach has their own way of doing things and if McD gets pissed and lets them know he is pissed then so be it.He is the coach and it doesn't matter how young he is.

Delgoth
12-14-2009, 02:26 PM
You know I hardly ever post. I read the threads daily. But this thread has touched a nerve. I am in the military and have served for over 9 years now. I have been on the front lines and in the back with as someone one on here put it "Frye Cooks and Pukes" or something like that. I have a desk job now do to injury and there is no difference from the front lines to the support guys.

If you treat a person RIGHT they will respond. The hard part is what is the RIGHT way to treat THAT person. I have soldiers I yell at daily it gets them motivated and moving. I have soldiers I simply ask in a low whisper to get something done and it works just the same. The point is you have to find what works with each individual person. Whether it is sports "I wrestled in college" or the military.

KCL
12-14-2009, 02:27 PM
You know I hardly ever post. I read the threads daily. But this thread has touched a nerve. I am in the military and have served for over 9 years now. I have been on the front lines and in the back with as someone one on here put it "Frye Cooks and Pukes" or something like that. I have a desk job now do to injury and there is no difference from the front lines to the support guys.

If you treat a person RIGHT they will respond. The hard part is what is the RIGHT way to treat THAT person. I have soldiers I yell at daily it gets them motivated and moving. I have soldiers I simply ask in a low whisper to get something done and it works just the same. The point is you have to find what works with each individual person. Whether it is sports "I wrestled in college" or the military.

Thank You for your service and excellent post! :salute:

T.K.O.
12-14-2009, 03:16 PM
HOLD ON.....trust me yelling does'nt work....i screamed at the whole team for several hours yesterday and we still lost !
and i got right up in my "big screens" face and said some pretty bold stuff !:laugh::salute:
kidding aside....i prefer a coach who shows that much passion overone who looks confused and just stands there while his team blows the game.

claymore
12-14-2009, 03:18 PM
Chiefs Suck!

Denver Native (Carol)
12-14-2009, 03:24 PM
Chiefs Suck!

And this has exactly what to do with the theme of the thread??????:tsk:

KCL
12-14-2009, 03:25 PM
Chiefs Suck!

I knew you reminded me of the Chiefs!!! :salute:

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
12-14-2009, 03:26 PM

:D I'm starting to take a shine to clay as much of a troll as he is.

KCL
12-14-2009, 03:27 PM
:D I'm starting to take a shine to clay as much of a troll as he is.

clay isn't a troll.

Ravage!!!
Oh here we go again with the Todd Haley crap..sorry but McD yelling his head off at the players isn't any different than Haley doing it..:rolleyes:

You obviously didn't read the post. Yelling isn't just yelling. Meaning not every YELL is the same. One person yelling is taken completely different than another person yelling. Haley OBVIOUSLY has a problem with how the players respond to him, AND his yelling. Cowher yelled, he grabbed your facemask, and got right in your face. They NEVER got into a screaming match with him on the sideline like they did in AZ and now in KC.

So Yes.. there apparently IS a difference.

claymore

I yelled it. So it fits the thread completley. :eek:

CoachChaz
12-14-2009, 03:28 PM
Just more evidence for how soft the world is getting. Big bad football players cant handle it when they screw up and the coach yells at them. Boo ******* hoo

claymore
12-14-2009, 03:28 PM
You obviously didn't read the post. Yelling isn't just yelling. Meaning not every YELL is the same. One person yelling is taken completely different than another person yelling. Haley OBVIOUSLY has a problem with how the players respond to him, AND his yelling. Cowher yelled, he grabbed your facemask, and got right in your face. They NEVER got into a screaming match with him on the sideline like they did in AZ and now in KC.

Thats cause if they yelled back the would get a mouth ful of Cowers spit. Gross!

KCL
12-14-2009, 03:30 PM

:lalala::boring::aetsch::blah:

you're :screwy:

:lol:

Ravage!!!
12-14-2009, 03:31 PM
I also don't understand this perspective that players should expect or simply accept being yelled AT simply because they make Millions?? What in the WORLD does how much money you make have a SINGLE thing with how a person responds to their boss yelling, or HOW that boss is yelling????? Nothing. The amount of money they make has NOTHING to do with it. That coach is making millions too.

I've already posted that I dont see a single thing wrong with a coach yelling at a player. How a player responds is directly related to how the coach is yelling, and how they respect that coach. Goes hand-n-hand with how they KNOW the coach from the practices and the locker room. But how much money they make has NOTHING to do with it.

claymore
Chiefs suck!

KCL
I yelled it. So it fits the thread completley. :eek:

shut up you troll

KCL
12-14-2009, 03:32 PM
chiefs suck!

lmao

claymore
shut up you troll

Dont yell at me.

CoachChaz
I think we've seen that McD is the type that is going to get in your ass when you screw up and pump his fist and hug you when you do well. He is passionate and wears his heart on his sleeve, so i dont think he's one of those guys that simply screams for the sake of screaming.

KCL
12-14-2009, 03:33 PM
Dont yell at me.

:rant:

Medford Bronco
12-14-2009, 03:42 PM
Just more evidence for how soft the world is getting. Big bad football players cant handle it when they screw up and the coach yells at them. Boo ******* hoo

or they cant handle it when they get sent home
and Quit on their team. :whistle:

aka Randy Quitter Moss

silkamilkamonico
12-14-2009, 04:06 PM
A coach that yells is much better than the alternative....a.k.a. Lovie Smith, one of the most overrated coaches in the NFL.

CoachChaz
12-14-2009, 04:21 PM
A coach that yells is much better than the alternative....a.k.a. Lovie Smith, one of the most overrated coaches in the NFL.

add Norv Turner to the list.

All styles have their benefits...I just wouldnt put McD in the class of "yellers" just yet. He's just emotional and reacts to the situation whether it be good or bad

Bozo Jr.
12-14-2009, 09:06 PM

If I remember correctly, after the vocal thrashing by McD, the defense woke up, stepped up, and shut manning down! ;)

slim
12-14-2009, 09:13 PM
I'm sure slim that you have inside info to what goes on with Haley and the players.I am all for him getting on the players if they eff up and that's what he does cause that's what they do.

As a matter of fact, I do. Well, at least what went on here in AZ.

It is no secret that the guy is an *******. It is also no secret that his players (when he was OC in AZ) didn't like him.

I am sorry if that upsets you. But that's just the way it is.

claymore
12-14-2009, 09:28 PM
If I remember correctly, after the vocal thrashing by McD, the defense woke up, stepped up, and shut manning down! ;)
Manning lost interest. Rewatch the highlights, you get McDaniels ass chewing. The players give 2 shits.

Manning had 21 points unanswerd by the beginning of the 2nd QTR. He scored at will against us. He could have taken a nap the rest of the day.

OrangeHoof
12-14-2009, 09:49 PM

Here's the difference. If you are yelling and screaming just to be emotional, that's going to be tuned out by most of the vets. If you are yelling and screaming *constructive criticism*, players will listen and try to do what the coach tells them.

Example of emotional: "You're getting embarassed out there. Can't you guys cover anybody? Can't you get to the quarterback? Can't you hold onto the ball? You guys are pathetic and you better step up or I'm going to start cutting people."

Example of criticism: "You've got to play tighter coverage and try to jump the route. We've got to be mindful of Dallas Clark on every play. Orton, watch when their safety sneaks up into the box. We can WIN this game. Don't give up. Just give us a couple of stops and we can get back into this!"

Both can be said with passion, yelling and screaming by the cameras but only the second one is going to rally your team to play better.

pumpdoc
12-14-2009, 10:55 PM

No they scored their 3rd td after............

KCL
12-14-2009, 11:23 PM
As a matter of fact, I do. Well, at least what went on here in AZ.

It is no secret that the guy is an *******. It is also no secret that his players (when he was OC in AZ) didn't like him.

I am sorry if that upsets you. But that's just the way it is.

LMAO!

I'm not upset...I didn't hire the guy.