PDA

View Full Version : Karma's a biotch, huh Seau...you don't think I forgot did you?

SmilinAssasSin27
02-04-2008, 04:01 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Is all I could say while I watched Jr. Seau grasp for words after yet another ringless season. Even on the best team in history, he could not get the ever-elusive championship. And do you know why that is? If not, I'll tell you.

Back in the late 1990s, my best friend and I took a nice flight halfway across the country to see Elway pass for his 50,000th yard in person. His opponent, the San Diego Chargers. He didn't really need that much, so it was basically a lock. Our first trip to the Mile High City. My first trip to see the Broncos out west. Early in the first quarter, Elway dropped back to pass. He let the ball go...but the pass rush did not stop...at least not from Seau. That douche bag drove Johnny Bronco into the turf and sent him out for the entire game. Late hit. 15 yards. But the damage was done. We were devastated. Denver still won behind the legs of TD and the savvy of one Bubby Brister...but I never forgot...or forgave.

To this day, Jr Seau has no championship jewelry...and that is why. Karma is abitch...even 10 years later.

BeefStew25
02-04-2008, 04:06 PM
Dude, what is with the half-naked man in your sig? You have issues man.

BOSSHOGG30
02-04-2008, 04:07 PM
I'm just enjoying the fact that Rodney Harrison started all the trash talking and Plaxico came out and said the Patriots would only score 17 points and Tom Brady was cracking up when he found out that Burress said the Pats would only score 17. I will always remember Brady laughing out loud and then saying He really thinks we will only score 17 points... then he starts laughing out loud again.

14 points Brady... 14 points. Are you laughing now!

SmilinAssasSin27
02-04-2008, 04:08 PM
I'm just enjoying the fact that Rodney Harrison started all the trash talking and Plaxico came out and said the Patriots would only score 17 points and Tom Brady was cracking up when he found out that Burress said the Pats would only score 17. I will always remember Brady laughing out loud and then saying He really thinks we will only score 17 points... then he starts laughing out loud again.

14 points Brady... 14 points. Are you laughing now!

Yeah...classic. As much as I really don't mind Brady, it was still awesome that commentators were bringing that up last night.

BOSSHOGG30
02-04-2008, 04:15 PM
Can someone please explain the 12 men on the field challenge the Pats got?

How was he able to do that? I thought you could only challenge "rulings on the feild"?

If the refs didn't throw the flag when the play took place, what was he really challenging? How can you go back and throw a flag on a play that already happened, when a penalty wasn't called?

What other uncalled penalties can coaches now challenge?
-Uncalled pass interferances?
-Uncalled offsides?
-Uncalled unsportsmanlike conduct?

Coaches can just throw flags and have the refs look for penalties they missed?

somebody explain this one to me??!?!

SmilinAssasSin27
02-04-2008, 04:19 PM
I've seen it a handful of times. I dunno why it's allowed, but I agree it should be. When a non game action thing like that is missed, I just want it to be right...and it was.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-04-2008, 04:23 PM
I've seen it a handful of times. I dunno why it's allowed, but I agree it should be. When a non game action thing like that is missed, I just want it to be right...and it was.

I am sure it was real easy for the Patriots' staff to notice that the Giants had 12 men on the field on that play - they just had to check one of their 50 cameras they had stashed.

Stargazer
02-04-2008, 04:23 PM
Dude, what is with the half-naked man in your sig?

I wonder that myself. Clearly the guy is standing next to a woman in the photo, but she's been cropped out of the picture.

:elefant:

SmilinAssasSin27
02-04-2008, 04:25 PM
I wonder that myself. Clearly the guy is standing next to a woman in the photo, but she's been cropped out of the picture.

I am in the presence of pure evil.

WARHORSE
02-04-2008, 04:48 PM
Dude, what is with the half-naked man in your sig? You have issues man.

LOL!

Beef is telling someone else that they have issues.:laugh:

BEEFER! I SALUTE YOU BEEF!:salute:

....................:confused:.................... ...er........why DO you have the half nekkid man there?

Rex
02-04-2008, 04:53 PM
Hey Smilin>.....what is with the picture? Something we should know? He looks awfully familiar.

BeefStew25
02-04-2008, 05:38 PM
LOL!

Beef is telling someone else that they have issues.:laugh:

BEEFER! I SALUTE YOU BEEF!:salute:

....................:confused:.................... ...er........why DO you have the half nekkid man there?

I guess Smilin had an epifany. He likes men. That is cool.

BeefStew25
02-04-2008, 05:39 PM

Yeah, word on the street says Smilen doesn't care for women too much.

MOtorboat
02-04-2008, 05:40 PM
Hey Smilin>.....what is with the picture? Something we should know? He looks awfully familiar.

Tim Tebow...

Skinny
02-04-2008, 08:07 PM

How was he able to do that? I thought you could only challenge "rulings on the feild"?

If the refs didn't throw the flag when the play took place, what was he really challenging? How can you go back and throw a flag on a play that already happened, when a penalty wasn't called?

-Uncalled offsides?

somebody explain this one to me??!?!It has to be agreed upon by the Referee.

If you remember Bilichik demonstrated to the Referee exactly what he wanted to challenge, Bill was jumping in the air right at the sideline. The Referee then agreed to accept the Challenge.

By Rule, the Referee has right to accept or refuse the Challenge. As for 'refusing' ... just for the reason as you mentioned ... to throw a red flag on every little rediculous thing ...

Rex
02-04-2008, 08:39 PM
Tim Tebow...

Really Mo. Are you serious? Wow. I am so stupid.....

You and NTL must be brothers.

jrelway
02-04-2008, 08:45 PM
tim tebow or not, thats a very offensive picture. sometimes i cant even read your posts assassin, just to avoid lookin at that blasphemy.

Rex
02-04-2008, 08:47 PM
tim tebow or not, thats a very offensive picture. sometimes i cant even read your posts assassin, just to avoid lookin at that blasphemy.

Well, he apparently likes well built men, JR. I cant explain it. It makes me nauseous too.

jrelway
02-04-2008, 08:49 PM
lol

BeefStew25
02-04-2008, 08:50 PM

Yeah, it is no bueno. Tned and I have had some discussions regarding a suitable punishment.

jrelway
02-04-2008, 08:52 PM
leave the head and crop the body out. everyone has microsoft paint on their computers.

Rex
02-04-2008, 08:53 PM
leave the head and crop the body out. everyone has microsoft paint on their computers.

Well, that would be nice for all of us...but I think SmilinAss has some kind of sick fascination with teenage boys who play football.

Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled posting.

BeefStew25
02-04-2008, 08:55 PM
Wait, is Tebow 18? We may have a felony on our hands.

broncosfanscott
02-04-2008, 09:20 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Is all I could say while I watched Jr. Seau grasp for words after yet another ringless season. Even on the best team in history, he could not get the ever-elusive championship. And do you know why that is? If not, I'll tell you.

Back in the late 1990s, my best friend and I took a nice flight halfway across the country to see Elway pass for his 50,000th yard in person. His opponent, the San Diego Chargers. He didn't really need that much, so it was basically a lock. Our first trip to the Mile High City. My first trip to see the Broncos out west. Early in the first quarter, Elway dropped back to pass. He let the ball go...but the pass rush did not stop...at least not from Seau. That douche bag drove Johnny Bronco into the turf and sent him out for the entire game. Late hit. 15 yards. But the damage was done. We were devastated. Denver still won behind the legs of TD and the savvy of one Bubby Brister...but I never forgot...or forgave.

To this day, Jr Seau has no championship jewelry...and that is why. Karma is abitch...even 10 years later.

Some friends of mine have told me that Seau can be quite and a-hole.

And as far as "graduating" looks like Seau failed.

SmilinAssasSin27
02-04-2008, 09:45 PM
Thanx for the post actually related to the topic...only 4 more days.

EastCoastBronco
02-06-2008, 07:09 AM
[QUOTE=jrelway;126326]tim tebow or not, thats a very offensive picture. sometimes i cant even read your posts assassin, just to avoid lookin at that blasphemy.[/QUOTE

I second that...Microsoft paint or not, there are plenty of good pics of Tebow out there in a uniform...;-)]

SR
02-06-2008, 08:10 AM
I'm bummed that Seau didn't get a ring. I always liked him...cheap shot on John and all.

BeefStew25
02-06-2008, 09:58 AM
[QUOTE=jrelway;126326]tim tebow or not, thats a very offensive picture. sometimes i cant even read your posts assassin, just to avoid lookin at that blasphemy.[/QUOTE

I second that...Microsoft paint or not, there are plenty of good pics of Tebow out there in a uniform...;-)]

It really is tacky, isn't it?

HolyDiver
02-06-2008, 10:56 AM
Really Mo. Are you serious? Wow. I am so stupid.....

I couldn't have said it better myself..........:salute:

Rex
02-06-2008, 11:07 AM
I couldn't have said it better myself..........:salute:

HD, that hurts.

HolyDiver
02-06-2008, 11:08 AM
HD, that hurts.

Speaking of hurts, how is that back?

Rex
02-06-2008, 11:09 AM
Speaking of hurts, how is that back?

It is OK. Not great, but much better than a month ago.

HolyDiver
02-06-2008, 11:10 AM
It is OK. Not great, but much better than a month ago.

See, now aren't you glad you didn't have an artificial spine put in?

Rex
02-06-2008, 11:11 AM
See, now aren't you glad you didn't have an artificial spine put in?

Well.....I am putting off the inevitable. But, I am glad I was ABLE to put off surgery.

HolyDiver
02-06-2008, 11:21 AM
Well.....I am putting off the inevitable. But, I am glad I was ABLE to put off surgery.

Like I said before, I once had a back injury that lasted 8 months..............and then if finally healed on it's own..............I think my knee if halfway healed................6 weeks so far........I was starting to get worried.

BeefStew25
02-06-2008, 11:22 AM
Like I said before, I once had a back injury that lasted 8 months..............and then if finally healed on it's own..............I think my knee if halfway healed................6 weeks so far........I was starting to get worried.

We want you back to normal, HD.

HolyDiver
02-06-2008, 11:30 AM
We want you back to normal, HD.

Since when?

BeefStew25
02-06-2008, 11:31 AM
Since when?

Since you tried to walk on water.

HolyDiver
02-06-2008, 11:37 AM
Since you tried to walk on water.

Oh yeah.

topscribe
02-06-2008, 11:42 AM
I'm bummed that Seau didn't get a ring. I always liked him...cheap shot on John and all.

Wow, where did that come from?

Somebody is actually on topic? :eek:

-----

BeefStew25
02-06-2008, 11:44 AM

-----

:GETBACKOFFTOPIC:

HolyDiver
02-06-2008, 11:44 AM

-----

Sarcasm? ................Okay, we'll let you off with a warning THIS time.

topscribe
02-06-2008, 12:05 PM
:GETBACKOFFTOPIC:

:laugh:

-----

topscribe
02-06-2008, 12:13 PM
Sarcasm? ................Okay, we'll let you off with a warning THIS time.

Just funnin' a little. ;)

-----

Watchthemiddle
02-06-2008, 12:19 PM

-Uncalled offsides?

I'll explain it to you....its called a desperate Head Coach grasping at whatever he can to try and hang on to the beat down his team is getting. Bellicheat knew he was getting worked over and grabbed at whatever he could grab onto..including a reach at a 12 man challenge

OB
02-06-2008, 12:46 PM
IMO - The whole team had bad karma and got what they ALL deserved, Moss, Seau, Brady, Bellycheck - the whole lot -

Way to go Gmen :rockon:

And I like Smilinass's sig - so everyone just ST*U about it before he takes it down

SmilinAssasSin27
02-06-2008, 05:02 PM
It's coming down tomorrow.

NorthernLights
02-06-2008, 06:40 PM

-Uncalled offsides?

The same issue came up during a Week Sixteen game between the Vikings and the Redskins. Under the rules, replay can be used in that circumstance. Under Rule 15, Section 9, part (c), item 5, one of the expressly-listed reviewable plays is: "Number of players on the field."

It doesn't mean that all missed penalties can now be detected via replay. It simply means that this is one of the specific issues for which replay can be used.

Hope that helps.

MOtorboat
02-06-2008, 06:45 PM

Why tomorrow...is there a reason for this? Did you lose a bet?

EMB6903
02-06-2008, 07:00 PM
ya can somebody explain why dude has a picture of Tim Tebow with his shirt off?

is smilen a girl or guy?

Watchthemiddle
02-06-2008, 08:12 PM
IMO - The whole team had bad karma and got what they ALL deserved, Moss, Seau, Brady, Bellycheck - the whole lot -

Way to go Gmen :rockon:

And I like Smilinass's sig - so everyone just ST*U about it before he takes it down

I bet your son was happy.

I agree that Karma got the entire team. Especially Bellicheat who ran up the score on teams all year long and when his team got whooped, he decided to leave the field early.

What a pansy on a pansy team.

OB
02-06-2008, 09:37 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :bawling:

OB
02-06-2008, 09:39 PM
I bet your son was happy.

I agree that Karma got the entire team. Especially Bellicheat who ran up the score on teams all year long and when his team got whooped, he decided to leave the field early.

What a pansy on a pansy team.

Yeah he was pumped - i was just as excited for him - im gona get him a bunch of SB gear :elefant: