PDA

View Full Version : Call Denver's first Offensive play for cp's

rcsodak
09-06-2007, 12:46 AM
Ok, so instead of cp's, how about being known throughout The Broncos Forums as being the bestest prognosticator!!!!:beer:

The way I see it:

Buff will be thinking run, the whole way, and wanting to force Jay to pass.

They'll bring up their safety and play press coverage against the WR's, leaving only one safety to beat.

Jay has Javon on the left side, and Stokely on the other, with Sheff on the end of the line to 'block', and Graham in the backfield to 'block' for T henry.

Denver's going to run it, right?

WRONG!

Graham goes in motion, and slows down parallel to the line, giving the look of blocker....

...Jay takes the snap, turns, and hands off to T henry....

....Thenry gets to the line, stops, spins and laterals it back to Jay.

FLEA-FLICKER
Javon fakes a run block, and pushes by his defender, and heads downfield, as does Stokley and Sheff.

Jay sees Javon has badly beaten his man, who sees the play too late, and falls down while trying to turn around.

The pass is right on the money, the back safety gets juked badly, and Javon runs in for 6!:beer:

Or, they do a reverse...... haha:wave:

Escobar
09-06-2007, 12:48 AM
handoff to whoever is gonna be your running back at that game......:coffee:

rcsodak
09-06-2007, 12:51 AM
handoff to whoever is gonna be your running back at that game......:coffee:

.....who then breaks through the Dline, and rambles for the loooooong TD!

Great idea, woof.:D

BroncoManiac_69
09-06-2007, 12:54 AM
Ok, so instead of cp's, how about being known throughout The Broncos Forums as being the bestest prognosticator!!!!:beer:

rc.... you're ability to lighten the mood in what is a stressful time facing opening day is well appreciated and needed. :congrats:

That was too funny. And just imagine... all that will happen in the first 2 minutes of the game.

Bravo and Kick Arse Broncos!!! :first:

sneakers
09-06-2007, 12:55 AM
Play action fake to leftside, quick out pass to Walker.

SBboundBRONCOS
09-06-2007, 12:56 AM

The way I see it:

Buff will be thinking run, the whole way, and wanting to force Jay to pass.

They'll bring up their safety and play press coverage against the WR's, leaving only one safety to beat.

Jay has Javon on the left side, and Stokely on the other, with Sheff on the end of the line to 'block', and Graham in the backfield to 'block' for T henry.

Denver's going to run it, right?

WRONG!

Graham goes in motion, and slows down parallel to the line, giving the look of blocker....

...Jay takes the snap, turns, and hands off to T henry....

....Thenry gets to the line, stops, spins and laterals it back to Jay.

FLEA-FLICKER
Javon fakes a run block, and pushes by his defender, and heads downfield, as does Stokley and Sheff.

Jay sees Javon has badly beaten his man, who sees the play too late, and falls down while trying to turn around.

The pass is right on the money, the back safety gets juked badly, and Javon runs in for 6!:beer:

Or, they do a reverse...... haha:wave:

bold, very bold

i think it will actually be a short slant to either Marshall or graham, and get them thinking we are not afraid to use our young Qb

and after that Henry is gonna blow them up all game long baby :rockon:

sneakers
09-06-2007, 12:57 AM

Little does anyone know that RC looks kind of like this: (It's a groundhog)

http://www.mynaturephotos.com/images/Groundhog3.JPG

BroncoManiac_69
09-06-2007, 12:59 AM
bold, very bold

i think it will actually be a short slant to either Marshall or graham, and get them thinking we are not afraid to use our young Qb

and after that Henry is gonna blow them up all game long baby :rockon:

I'm thinking Jason Elam 73 yard field goal on first down. :wave:

Damn It. I will be stuck in Texas for opening day game. Bummed I won't even get to see rc's big play.

BroncoManiac_69
09-06-2007, 01:01 AM
Little does anyone know that RC looks kind of like this: (It's a groundhog)

http://www.mynaturephotos.com/images/Groundhog3.JPG

LMAO. Did he see his shadow?????????????????????

DenBronx
09-06-2007, 01:10 AM
WRONG.

Q runs it to the 1 yard line where he is pushed out of bounds and our newest FB Mike Bell punches it in for the score.

topscribe
09-06-2007, 01:40 AM
Nate Webster meets Marshawn Lynch head on and stuffs the run after a two-
yard game. Webster's helmet flies off.

(Sorry. We lost the coin toss, and my crystal ball will show nothing but the
first play, which is defensive. http://forums.denverbroncos.com/images/smilies/th_ugh.gif )

:D

-----

BroncoManiac_69
09-06-2007, 01:54 AM
Nate Webster meets Marshawn Lynch head on and stuffs the run after a two-
yard gain. Webster's helmet flies off.

(Sorry. We lost the coin toss, and my crystal ball will show nothing but the
first play, which is defensive. http://forums.denverbroncos.com/images/smilies/th_ugh.gif )

-----

You gave them 2 yards?

The season is over.

Pack up the bus and fire Shanny.

sneakers
09-06-2007, 02:00 AM
LMAO. Did he see his shadow?????????????????????

Apparently not, he would have gone inside of his hole then.

Lonestar
09-06-2007, 02:00 AM
AN out pass to marshall that is short into the ground.

topscribe
09-06-2007, 02:11 AM
Okay, okay, RC. Offensive.

Actually, what I originally thought it might be agrees with you, but in my case
I see a play action. The defense should bite big time since they will be stacked
at the line, expecting Henry up the gut or off tackle.

So I say play action deep to Marshall. (Walker would be #2 in their expectatons.)

-----

BroncoManiac_69
09-06-2007, 02:59 AM
Ok I've had my fun.

I would like to see Jay be in the shotgun. Then he moves up to the line as the tight end sets.

Javon goes into motion and sets and then Marshall runs to the opposite side. Javon goes into motion again. Turns around and resets.

Set...

Red...98

Red...98 (sorry Elway flash back)

Travis has the ball on a draw play or does he?

Jay still has the ball and runs for 4 yards while still vertical.

SLIDE JAY SLIDE.

So Jay gets 4 yards rushing on our first play. :listen:

Dean
09-06-2007, 07:18 AM
My guess is Travis Henry over left tackle.

ps- for cps- cute.

Calibroncogrl47
09-06-2007, 09:16 AM
I didnt read through all of them.. so hopefully this has not been said yet..

I think Jay will drop back... and throw deep to our new #2 Brandon Marshall Deep on the first play!!

That will throw the D off!:elefant:

lex
09-06-2007, 10:29 AM
Im going to go with a pass to the tight end. I think theyll try to use that to open up the pass and run later.

topscribe
09-06-2007, 10:43 AM
That's my fear, too. Exactly what they will be expecting.

I would really like them to throw a deap play action. That not only may help
to put the Bills off balance but may send a message for the rest of the season
as a first play.

But then, play selection is not what I'm paid to do. :noidea:

-----

Nomad
09-06-2007, 10:57 AM
Brandon Stokley runs an in route in the endzone with no defenders around him! Got be a homer with my new adoptee!

SM19
09-06-2007, 11:53 AM
Play action, short out to Graham. Six yards.

broncos9697
09-06-2007, 12:15 PM
[QUOTE=rcsodak;

handoff to henry right up the gut for 6 yards..

Retired_Member_001
09-06-2007, 12:51 PM
Cutler bootleg out to the left and then throws a 11 yard pass to Brandon Stokley who is on a slant route.

Dean
09-06-2007, 02:00 PM

as a first play.

-----

No fear here. :cool:

IMO the Broncos must establish the run against a team weak versus the run. What better time than the first play. Personally, going pass the first play of a game can put you in a hole right out of the chutes and give the defenders great field position on the exchange. Personally, I don't gamble when the odds are not with me. Maybe that's why I am a D-coordinator now.:confused:

Watchthemiddle
09-06-2007, 02:03 PM
THree wide.

Javon up top to Cutlers left. Stokley in the slot to Cutlers right, and Marshall outside of Stokley.

THree step drop by Cutler, 7 yard quick slant to Marshall that he turns into 11 yard gain and a first down to start the game.

:cool:

Requiem / The Dagda
09-06-2007, 02:08 PM
When it comes to Mike Shanahan, expect the unexpected. Hell, Bradlee Van Pelt might take a direct snap in for a touchdown. Who knows?

Watchthemiddle
09-06-2007, 02:40 PM
When it comes to Mike Shanahan, expect the unexpected. Hell, Bradlee Van Pelt might take a direct snap in for a touchdown. Who knows?

YES!!!!

:rockon::rockon:

topscribe
09-06-2007, 02:58 PM

IMO the Broncos must establish the run against a team weak versus the run. What better time than the first play. Personally, going pass the first play of a game can put you in a hole right out of the chutes and give the defenders great field position on the exchange. Personally, I don't gamble when the odds are not with me. Maybe that's why I am a D-coordinator now.:confused:
And that's why you are a coach, and I'm not. :smile:

-----

SBboundBRONCOS
09-06-2007, 03:37 PM
after further review i have come to a conclusion that my original play was not bold enough, not badass enough, not "shanahany" enough, therefore i have a new play

ok here it is. . . . . cutler line up in the gun, hikes the ball hands off to travis henry who then pitches it back to jay, bold right wrong someone has already called the fleaflicker

so after the pitch back Jay holds the ball out and hands it to Marshall coming around on the reverse, a flea flicker reverse pretty bold if i may say so myself, but not BOLD enough

just a second later marshall is handing it off to walker on the double reverse, walker sweeps around the outside but then gets tackled but the play is not over seeing as how walker does not have the ball . . .. TD broncos . . . what happened you may ask

while people were busy thinking walker had it on the double reverse it was actually handed back to jay who found nonother than Tom Nalen in the back of the endzone for a 85 yards strike.

so with that said the first play is a fleaflicker double-fake reverse pass to the center with flare!! :2thumbs:

you heard it here first

Nomad
09-06-2007, 04:14 PM

:tsk:I need to read the title of these threads better! For some reason I was thinking of the play for the first touchdown, now how I got that out of the first play of the offense I haven't the slightest clue, that's why I stated Stokley on an in route in the endzone (this will be how we get our first TD). Anyway, I agree the first play will be a run. Shanny would be crazy not to get the most out of Henry and establish the run. But according to some analysts the Bills are going to stuff the run and Shanny's going to have to really on Jay's arm. I guess we'll see Sunday, but I'm off to my sons first pee-wee game of the season and I guarantee the first play will a run because I'm the Ass. coach!

tireman357
09-06-2007, 04:27 PM
I gotta go with a quick slant to d Graham. They know we will do one of two things. Pound henry or deep ball to marshall or walker. Thats why it will be a quick slant.

rcsodak
09-06-2007, 08:10 PM

as a first play.

-----

:confused:

:ahhhhh:

rcsodak
09-06-2007, 08:14 PM
after further review i have come to a conclusion that my original play was not bold enough, not badass enough, not "shanahany" enough, therefore i have a new play

ok here it is. . . . . cutler line up in the gun, hikes the ball hands off to travis henry who then pitches it back to jay, bold right wrong someone has already called the fleaflicker

so after the pitch back Jay holds the ball out and hands it to Marshall coming around on the reverse, a flea flicker reverse pretty bold if i may say so myself, but not BOLD enough

just a second later marshall is handing it off to walker on the double reverse, walker sweeps around the outside but then gets tackled but the play is not over seeing as how walker does not have the ball . . .. TD broncos . . . what happened you may ask

while people were busy thinking walker had it on the double reverse it was actually handed back to jay who found nonother than Tom Nalen in the back of the endzone for a 85 yards strike.

so with that said the first play is a fleaflicker double-fake reverse pass to the center with flare!! :2thumbs:

you heard it here first

Penalty flag!!!!!!

(can a center be a wr?):listen:

rcsodak
09-06-2007, 08:16 PM
:tsk:I need to read the title of these threads better! For some reason I was thinking of the play for the first touchdown, now how I got that out of the first play of the offense I haven't the slightest clue, that's why I stated Stokley on an in route in the endzone (this will be how we get our first TD). Anyway, I agree the first play will be a run. Shanny would be crazy not to get the most out of Henry and establish the run. But according to some analysts the Bills are going to stuff the run and Shanny's going to have to really on Jay's arm. I guess we'll see Sunday, but I'm off to my sons first pee-wee game of the season and I guarantee the first play will a run because I'm the Ass. coach!

That's interesting.....;)

Mat'hir Uth Gan
09-07-2007, 02:44 AM
Run to the strongside behind Graham with Travis Henry. The run will go to whichever side Schobel is playing. Henry will have the option of following his lead block and turning outside, or cutting back and hoping Posluszny overpursued to the outside.

The run will go for 7 yards.

omac
09-07-2007, 03:36 AM
I think the first play will be a run down the gutt of the defense. The defense will be expecting it, but they won't be able to stop Henry from gaining 6 yards. Exactly 6 yards. :cheers:

xX-Bronco-Xx
09-07-2007, 06:17 AM
Play action pass deep to Joe Montana from Jay Cutler for a touchdown.

Bank on it.

SBboundBRONCOS
09-07-2007, 10:13 AM
Penalty flag!!!!!!

(can a center be a wr?):listen:

dont they just have to say hes an eligible reciever:confused:

The Glue Factory
09-07-2007, 12:28 PM
Since Bailey had just intercepted the ball and got caught in traffic and tackled by the QB our first offensive play of the game will be...

hand off to RB of Shanny's choice for a TD. Total offense for the first drive will be less than 5 yards. :eek:
orrr....
play action pass to the FB running inside the goal line for a TD. :dance:

The Horses Mouth
09-07-2007, 02:53 PM
Strongside run with T-Hen

Crush05
09-07-2007, 09:50 PM
Play action fake to leftside, quick out pass to Walker.

I agree with this choice!!!!:salute:

rcsodak
09-07-2007, 10:49 PM
dont they just have to say hes an eligible reciever:confused:

1. His 'story' doesn't show him doing that...

3. I 'believe' he has to be playing as an 'end', meaning not in the center of the line....but now I'm purely guessing.:D

I've heard of "tackle eligible", but never a "guard" or "center".....:laugh:

B~ly~n~ch~amp
09-07-2007, 11:05 PM
Henry up the gut for 12 yards :elefant:

Dean
09-09-2007, 05:54 PM

ps- for cps- cute.

It was so close.

lex
09-09-2007, 07:01 PM
Dive play to Sapp. Whoda thunk it. Of course, it may have been something completely different if we werent at the 1 yard line.