PDA

View Full Version : Grumpy Old Men .... Lift their glasses once more.

MileHighWrath
02-04-2008, 10:32 AM
The only thing I truly hate about the pats loss is that the '72 Dolphins get to toast their perfect season yet again.....

BigDaddyBronco
02-04-2008, 10:41 AM
True. I was explaining that to my wife and she said, "Hell that was like 35 years ago, why don't those turds get a life." Most of these guys, like Mercury Morris, are just using it as a chance to be on TV again. Griese doesn't much care, because he had a life after football, but most of the other guys are living in the past.

I would rather have those old geezers celebrate than watch a team wiht Bellicheat as the coach have the perfect record. The guy just isn't likeable. Plus we would have to hear all the crap about the Pats being the best team in history. Now it is easier to argue about other teams being better.

NightTrainLayne
02-04-2008, 12:12 PM
I don't care that much for the PLAYERS of that '72 team, but I do feel like that record is a special record that I hope stands forever. I think it's neat to have a record that is "untouchable". I guess it wouldn't be the end of the world if someone else finishes undefeated, but having Bellicheck, Brady et al to do it would have been brutal. Thank God for the Giants defense.

BTW BigDaddyBronco, did you know that Mercury Morris is an alum of West Texas State (now West Texas A&M)? Just a little panhandle trivia for you.