PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Marshall

silkamilkamonico
12-13-2009, 03:21 PM
Gotta pay the guy.

I was probably his biggest critic in the offseason and even throughout the course of the season but the guy is a special player, seems to have rededicated himself, and is an absolute beast.

I think you have to take the chance he's moved on from his off field issues and sign this guy to a long term deal. Denver cannot afford to lose him.

Requiem / The Dagda
12-13-2009, 03:29 PM
You just won the Captain Obvious Statement of the Year Award brought to you by Jeremy's Hardware Store!

silkamilkamonico
12-13-2009, 03:36 PM
You just won the Captain Obvious Statement of the Year Award brought to you by Jeremy's Hardware Store!

Too bad you've yet to visit with Knowshon "all world" Moreno.

Requiem / The Dagda
12-13-2009, 04:05 PM
Moreno came to my 9th grade slumber party when I lived in Trenton. Eat it!!!!!!!!!!!

Requiem / The Dagda
12-13-2009, 04:07 PM
81 catches, 1008 yards and 9 touchdowns. Nice!

LordTrychon
12-13-2009, 04:15 PM
81 catches, 1008 yards and 9 touchdowns. Nice!

I think he's at 86 catches.

I have to admit I didn't think he'd get 100 again, but it seems very doable now.

Granted, I thought it would be QB play and playcalling that would hold him back, not his own performance... but still today was impressive regardless.

Requiem / The Dagda
12-13-2009, 04:16 PM
Yeah, 86 my bad.

broncophan
12-13-2009, 04:16 PM
i don't think he should be paid until he shows he can do something after he catches the ball.

claymore
12-13-2009, 04:18 PM
I say trade him. His value is peaked again.

Requiem / The Dagda
12-13-2009, 04:19 PM
i don't think he should be paid until he shows he can do something after he catches the ball.

Are you serious? He has one of the highest YAC percentages in the league and just added hundreds to that total today. Don't be ignorant. Don't be a Hillis lover.

Italianmobstr7
12-13-2009, 04:28 PM
Are you serious? He has one of the highest YAC percentages in the league and just added hundreds to that total today. Don't be ignorant. Don't be a Hillis lover.

I think he was being sarcastic.

Italianmobstr7
12-13-2009, 04:28 PM
I say trade him. His value is peaked again.

Terrible idea. Marshall is our best player.

broncobryce
12-13-2009, 04:31 PM

Consider the source

Tned
12-13-2009, 04:31 PM
Gotta pay the guy.

I was probably his biggest critic in the offseason and even throughout the course of the season but the guy is a special player, seems to have rededicated himself, and is an absolute beast.

I think you have to take the chance he's moved on from his off field issues and sign this guy to a long term deal. Denver cannot afford to lose him.

It's going to be much tougher to sign him, now that the Broncos won't be exclusively negotiating. Hopefully, there will be no cap and he will be an RFA, but either way, other teams are going to offer him BIG contracts.

MadMax
12-13-2009, 04:32 PM
I know he's still a polarizing figure to some Bronc fans, but I think at this point everyone's going to have to agree he's going to cost some team a lot of money at the end of this season.

Dzone
12-13-2009, 04:32 PM
Hes the top WR in the game, is he not?

broncophan
12-13-2009, 05:03 PM

obviously I was being sarcastic.....Jesus.....but thanks for the "ignorant" comment.....I would expect better from someone who posts on here alot.....and what did my comment have to do with Hillis...:confused:....I don't think I have ever posted a thing about Hillis until now...

omahacolt
12-13-2009, 05:49 PM
Hes the top WR in the game, is he not?

he is one of the best but i wouldnt call him the best

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
12-13-2009, 05:51 PM
he is one of the best but i wouldnt call him the best

He's top 5 material.

Bozo Jr.
12-13-2009, 05:51 PM
Consider the source

Ahahahaha!

shank
12-13-2009, 06:02 PM
obviously I was being sarcastic.....Jesus.....but thanks for the "ignorant" comment.....I would expect better from someone who posts on here alot.....and what did my comment have to do with Hillis...:confused:....I don't think I have ever posted a thing about Hillis until now...

first of all, this doesn't seem to mean anything on message boards these days.

2nd, for about the last year or so, dream has been much more quantity than quality. i used to really like reading his analysis... shame.

Skinny
12-13-2009, 06:03 PM
I fully expect Marshall to be a Bronco for years to come. That's what i hope anyways.

broncofaninfla
12-13-2009, 06:03 PM
He is arguably our best player, I pray we pay him but I'm not convinced our coach is smart enough to recognize that.

Ziggy
12-13-2009, 06:08 PM
I'm hoping that our coach is smart enough to trade him while his value is at it's peak once again, and do it before he gets arrested in the offseason. How many catches will he be making at home on suspension?

Ravage!!!
12-13-2009, 06:28 PM
I know he's still a polarizing figure to some Bronc fans, but I think at this point everyone's going to have to agree he's going to cost some team a lot of money at the end of this season.

Good players do. Thats the only way to keep them on your team.

Ravage!!!
12-13-2009, 06:29 PM

I bet we can name a few "awards" you won with this ******* comment.

broncophan
12-13-2009, 08:14 PM
I'm hoping that our coach is smart enough to trade him while his value is at it's peak once again, and do it before he gets arrested in the offseason. How many catches will he be making at home on suspension?

I would like to say it is really good to see Marshall playing great.....and even doing stuff like handing the ball to bronco fans in the stands.......I would really like to see the broncos sign him......but I still would not be surprised to see him/his agent hold out........how many millions does the guy need????.......or want?????.......time will tell....

Dean
12-13-2009, 08:22 PM
I wonder how many millions of dollars his next year's contract increased over the last three games?

jrelway
12-13-2009, 08:24 PM
pay the best player on this team what he deserves. its really that simple.

dogfish
12-13-2009, 08:29 PM
and he just caught another one!

LordTrychon
12-13-2009, 08:33 PM
and he just caught another one!

Now he's bouncing off a defender.

Ziggy
12-13-2009, 11:15 PM
Now he's beating his girlfriend and getting arrested again.

rcsodak
12-13-2009, 11:46 PM
No shit!

How many times does it have to be repeated?

The FO has ALREADY SAID they'll be addressing his contract
AT THE END OF THE SEASON!

rcsodak
12-13-2009, 11:50 PM
Now he's beating his girlfriend and getting arrested again.

:tsk:

And there's another fan living in the past......

:rolleyes:

Edmonton Bronco Fan
12-13-2009, 11:58 PM
Gotta pay the guy.

About time you made some sense.

camdisco24
12-14-2009, 12:51 AM
We better pay him! Today's game would have been VERY different without him. I saw B-Marsh playing with a lot of heart today and thats what I love to see from WR's. You see sooo many other guys catch the ball and instantly go down. NOT Brandon Marshall, He FIGHTS to gain yards that there's no tomorrow! I say he and doom are #1 priority when it comes to contracts.

BroncoWave
12-14-2009, 02:04 AM
On a slightly unrelated note, this was a convenient week for him to have this kind of game because earlier this week, my roommate and I had a huge debate over whether he was a top 10 WR or not. I said he was easily top 10 and borderline top 5, and he said he was closer to #12 and borderline top 10. Needless to say his performance today shut him up!

Lonestar
12-14-2009, 02:48 AM
After seeing him step up his game I'd have no issuses with giving him a top ten contract. Perhaps even top 5 IF he would allow a performance escalater as well as a conduct clause as good as he is I still think he has a lot of maturing to do.

He has not proved anything in that area yet other than not getting busted during the season.

IIRC correctly it has been offseason that has been his down fall.
As of the EOS he is a RFA put the highest tender on him IF he will not give Josh a discount. The worst that happens is we either match the best offer if it is to much then we get a first and athird for him.

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel.

claymore
12-14-2009, 07:41 AM
Im not willing to see what he does in the offseason. Of course its JMO, and nobody listens to any of us. But Id rather get picks for Marshall and Dumerville.

We need an elite defensive lineman. and an above average QB if we ever really want to get better.

EastCoastBronco
12-14-2009, 07:55 AM
Gotta pay the guy.

After yesterday's performance I'm not so sure we're going to be able to afford to keep him..;-)

CoachChaz
12-14-2009, 08:36 AM
Dumervil is leading the NFL in sacks on the heels of DeMarcus Ware's ridiculous contract and Marshall is closing in on yet another 100 catch season after setting a single game record.

Where is the money coming from?

claymore
12-14-2009, 09:21 AM
I love Dume, I just dont think he is elite. His numbers show otherwise. but, in games where we really need him (yesterday) you never hear his name called.

CoachChaz
12-14-2009, 09:27 AM
I love Dume, I just dont think he is elite. His numbers show otherwise. but, in games where we really need him (yesterday) you never hear his name called.

Problem is...He's the only pass rush we have and that doesnt come along regularly. I'd like to keep him...but not at D. Ware money. If that's what he's looking for...se la vie.

Marshall is different. He's a game changer. I was adamant about not paying him this past off-season, but even with all the changes that took place, he has excelled and carried the team when needed. He's going to cost money and I think I'm starting to believe he deserves it.

BroncoWave
12-14-2009, 09:28 AM
Im not willing to see what he does in the offseason. Of course its JMO, and nobody listens to any of us. But Id rather get picks for Marshall and Dumerville.

We need an elite defensive lineman. and an above average QB if we ever really want to get better.

I'd rather people be able to spell the last names of players who have been here for 4 years.

claymore
12-14-2009, 09:48 AM
Problem is...He's the only pass rush we have and that doesnt come along regularly. I'd like to keep him...but not at D. Ware money. If that's what he's looking for...se la vie.

Marshall is different. He's a game changer. I was adamant about not paying him this past off-season, but even with all the changes that took place, he has excelled and carried the team when needed. He's going to cost money and I think I'm starting to believe he deserves it.I would like to keep him as well (Doomerbville). But like you said the money he will demand probably isnt going to be worth it.

Marshal, I dont want him no matter what. I wanted to keep him this year to fix his trade value. I am scared of how retarded this kid could act if he was given a 20 million dollar signing bonus, and he could retire at any moment.

His only problem is between his ears.

I'd rather people be able to spell the last names of players who have been here for 4 years.

I dont think the T in your username should be capitalized.

CoachChaz
12-14-2009, 09:58 AM
I would like to keep him as well (Doomerbville). But like you said the money he will demand probably isnt going to be worth it.

Marshal, I dont want him no matter what. I wanted to keep him this year to fix his trade value. I am scared of how retarded this kid could act if he was given a 20 million dollar signing bonus, and he could retire at any moment.

His only problem is between his ears. .

I agree for the most part, but Marshall has way too much passion and intenity on the field for me to think he'd retire tomorrow. Does it scare me that he may feel the need to keep his pimp hand strong? Sure. But I think things can be done to protect the team from that as well...while making him an offer he'll be happy with

claymore
12-14-2009, 10:10 AM
I agree for the most part, but Marshall has way too much passion and intenity on the field for me to think he'd retire tomorrow. Does it scare me that he may feel the need to keep his pimp hand strong? Sure. But I think things can be done to protect the team from that as well...while making him an offer he'll be happy with

IMO we know what we will miss with him gone. We have no idea what we will get from him once he has got paid.

His trade value is thru the roof right now, and we have no financial obligations.

Its a gamble to keep him IMO.

TXBRONC
12-14-2009, 10:35 AM
I think there is a chance that if Denver makes the playoffs players like Dumervil and Marshall might be willing take a little smaller contract if they are convinced Denver is close being a Super Bowl caliber team. I'm not in anyway meaning this b.s. "hometown" discount. They should be paid very well for their services without getting the run around.

claymore
12-14-2009, 10:45 AM
I think there is a chance that if Denver makes the playoffs players like Dumervil and Marshall might be willing take a little smaller contract if they are convinced Denver is close being a Super Bowl caliber team. I'm not in anyway meaning this b.s. "hometown" discount. They should be paid very well for their services without getting the run around.

If McDaniels helped Marshall get the record, that is huge in the Broncos/Marshall relationship. IMO... That will only benefit us if we re-sign him.

SOCALORADO.
12-14-2009, 10:51 AM

Both are "irreplaceable" players. They are both just too good to give any kind of BS in contract negotioations.
Hopefully DEN simply resigns both of them, and if it takes huge $$$, so be it.
I have absolutely no problem with DEN resigning both of them to HUGE contracts and letting Sheffler and the others walk. Thats how this works, when a team has a player(s) that is at the top of his game and considered the best at his position. Both Doom and Marshall are arguably the best players at their respective positions and DOMINATE waaay tooo often AND!! Are WAAAY TOO YOUNG to let walk.
They are both just too damn elite to even let get into contract negotiations with other teams.
This would be a HUGE mistake.
And i think Marshalls an idiots as a person. Just a complete moron. But so does the rest of the league. They know this as well, and they will have the same stipulations built into a contract DEN would have anyways, so it all comes down to $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
Pay the man.

TXBRONC
12-14-2009, 11:18 AM
Both are "irreplaceable" players. They are both just too good to give any kind of BS in contract negotioations.
Hopefully DEN simply resigns both of them, and if it takes huge $$$, so be it.
I have absolutely no problem with DEN resigning both of them to HUGE contracts and letting Sheffler and the others walk. Thats how this works, when a team has a player(s) that is at the top of his game and considered the best at his position. Both Doom and Marshall are arguably the best players at their respective positions and DOMINATE waaay tooo often AND!! Are WAAAY TOO YOUNG to let walk.
They are both just too damn elite to even let get into contract negotiations with other teams.
This would be a HUGE mistake.
And i think Marshalls an idiots as a person. Just a complete moron. But so does the rest of the league. They know this as well, and they will have the same stipulations built into a contract DEN would have anyways, so it all comes down to $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
Pay the man.

Are you talking about offering Marshall an incentive based contract? If that's what you mean I don't see that happening.

SOCALORADO.
12-14-2009, 11:25 AM
Are you talking about offering Marshall an incentive based contract? If that's what you mean I don't see that happening.

Do you see the word incentive in my post?

BroncoWave
12-14-2009, 11:28 AM
If McDaniels helped Marshall get the record, that is huge in the Broncos/Marshall relationship. IMO... That will only benefit us if we re-sign him.

I think the last play was clearly designed to get him the record, and I'm perfectly ok with that. At that point at 4th and 18 with well under 2 minutes left, there's no chance we're winning the game and I was hoping McD would call a short-intermediate route for Marshall, which is exactly what he did.

claymore
12-14-2009, 11:31 AM
I think the last play was clearly designed to get him the record, and I'm perfectly ok with that. At that point at 4th and 18 with well under 2 minutes left, there's no chance we're winning the game and I was hoping McD would call a short-intermediate route for Marshall, which is exactly what he did.

Personally I would have called the play where Orton throws the ball, and it deflects off of the defenders hands into Stokleys hands for an 87 yard TD. But..... Im ok with Marshall getting the record. :D

Ravage!!!
12-14-2009, 11:45 AM
Personally I would have called the play where Orton throws the ball, and it deflects off of the defenders hands into Stokleys hands for an 87 yard TD. But..... Im ok with Marshall getting the record. :D

YEAH! I think we are saving that one for the playoffs. :beer:

TXBRONC
12-14-2009, 03:42 PM
Do you see the word incentive in my post?

True I realize you didn't use the word "incentive" but when you used the word "stipulation" it many times has something to do with incentives.

SOCALORADO.
12-14-2009, 03:55 PM
True I realize you didn't use the word "incentive" but when you used the word "stipulation" it many times has something to do with incentives.

Stipulations would involve off the field problems.

Mike
12-14-2009, 04:04 PM
It was great seeing him give Bronco fans balls after his TDs. The reaction of that first woman was pretty funny. Classy thing for him to do.

claymore
12-14-2009, 04:07 PM
It was great seeing him give Bronco fans balls after his TDs. The reaction of that first woman was pretty funny. Classy thing for him to do.

Costs him $1200 bucks a pop to do that. Pure class when Players give the balls to fans.

Northman
12-14-2009, 04:11 PM

Very. I have been much more impressed with him the last few weeks. Lets hope he has turned the tide both for him and the Broncos.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
12-14-2009, 04:15 PM
Costs him $1200 bucks a pop to do that. Pure class when Players give the balls to fans.

He knows bowlen has a fat contract written up already

dogfish
12-14-2009, 04:49 PM

holy shit, are you serious? where'd you hear that?

dogfish
12-14-2009, 05:52 PM
okay, i NEVER thought i'd post a mark kiszla article, but this one's semi-worth reading. . .

INDIANAPOLIS — While 21 pass receptions engraved his name in the NFL record book in big, red letters, it's the one pass Broncos star Brandon Marshall threw Sunday that will create a memory guaranteed to last two lifetimes.

This was a game Marshall can never forget. "It is bittersweet," said the man known as Beast, after his monstrous statistics (21 catches, 200 yards, two touchdowns) were not quite enough in a 28-16 loss to Peyton Manning and Indianapolis.

But this is how an athlete can be a winner even in bitter defeat. Although the record belongs to Marshall, you can bet your next mortgage payment the top single-game performance by any receiver in league history actually meant more to Colorado native Kristy Seidenstricker, who celebrated her 47th birthday by taking a road trip to see Denver play against the undefeated Colts.

"I cry whenever the Broncos win, because I'm such a big fan. And when they lose? I cry too," said Seidenstricker, as she cradled a football in her arms and rocked in her seat in the sixth row of Section 153. "But this game? I was bawling my eyes out."

Here's why.

After Marshall caught a 5-yard touchdown pass from quarterback Kyle Orton in the second quarter, the Denver receiver jogged across the end zone until he spotted a woman wearing his No. 15 orange jersey in the stands of Lucas Oil Stadium. He threw a souvenir into a crowd. The well-intended pass, however, was intercepted by a Colts fan.

And then something really cool happened.

Without so much as a second thought, Sean Howard, a 39-year-old spectator from Carmel, Ind., turned over the football adorned with the official NFL logo straight to the shocked hands of Seidenstricker.

Tears of joy ensued. Strangers asked to take photographs with Seidenstricker. Thanks were offered to her mother for giving the best birthday celebration a Broncomaniac could imagine. "It ranks right up there with seeing the team win the Super Bowl," she said.

But this is really a story of good sportsmanship, a random act of human kindness and big, forgiving hearts, all stuff maybe we thought had gone hopelessly out of fashion in 21st century America.

In many NFL cities, where heckling the opposition is a crude art form, a visiting player would be crazy to toss a football into the stands, unless the motive was to ignite a riot.

"Someplace else," Marshall told me as he walked to his locker after the game, "they might have thrown the ball right back at me."

Anybody remember how the bleachers at baseball parks morphed into war zones of opportunists back when Barry Bonds was stalking Babe Ruth's record for home runs?

If a grilled cheese sandwich that resembles the image of the Virgin Mary could fetch $28,000 on eBay, would anybody have been surprised if a Colts fan had taken the pass from Marshall and bolted up the aisle for the nearest exit?

Well, here's your little reason to believe people aren't always looking out for No. 1.

Howard, our good football Samaritan, was never tempted to do anything except what was right by Seidenstricker. "Marshall pointed at me," Howard recalled, "and he said, 'Here, I'm throwing this ball to you. But you are going to give it to that woman wearing the Broncos jersey.' "

Marshall was suspended from the team prior to this season, after personal turmoil, including court appearances, a contract squabble and his unmet trade demand boiled over with a tantrum that saw the 25-year-old Pro Bowler angrily punting a football he was supposed to catch during practice.

"It's been kind of hard to remain a fan of Marshall with the little bit of attitude he had about playing for the team," Seidenstricker said. "But, in the end, I'm definitely glad he stayed in Denver."

Marshall spotted Seidenstricker during warm-ups before kickoff and said he felt her "spirit and vibe." Or maybe one great player merely recognized the talent of a fellow athlete.

If you must know, this isn't the first time Seidenstricker, a Broncos season-ticket holder for 22 years, has nabbed a football at an NFL game. Shannon Sharpe threw her one during his final season with the franchise, which might qualify Seidenstricker as the all-time leading receiver in the annals of Broncomaniacs.

"My fans have been behind me through everything I've been through and seen me grow," said Marshall, explaining why he sought a friendly face in the cheap seats after scoring a TD. "For them to still support me means a lot to me."

Only a few months ago, when Marshall's loyalty to the Broncos was on trial in Colorado, debated hotly by talk radio, what were the odds of this happy ending?

Departing the stadium after futilely trying to shout thanks at Marshall as he trotted off the field, Seidenstricker bumped into one of the 67,248 folks who attended the game.

"Follow me," said the man, after making a call on his cellphone.

Seidenstricker was led down a ramp to a hallway near the visiting locker room. Within minutes, Marshall emerged from closed doors.

He smiled, asked for Seidenstricker to toss him the ball and signed these words: "Brandon Marshall. No. 15. Happy birthday."

How does an athlete who has known trouble and controversy win back hearts?

One good catch at a time.

Read more: http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_13991250?source=skipframe-profootballtalk.nbcsports.com#ixzz0ZhqvnwRY

Northman
12-14-2009, 06:00 PM
******* awesome story Dog. Go Brandon.

sanluis
12-14-2009, 06:01 PM
That was really cool. Bmarsh is really a very good person. He just losses his way now and again. Gets frustrated and is human...

rcsodak
12-15-2009, 09:49 PM
IMO we know what we will miss with him gone. We have no idea what we will get from him once he has got paid.

His trade value is thru the roof right now, and we have no financial obligations.

Its a gamble to keep him IMO.

If they fix the CBA, he's UNrestricted. How do you "trade" somebody that has no contract with you?

If they DON'T fix the CBA, he's Restricted, and Denver will have more options.

So let me get this straight.

Ya'll threw hissy fits when cutler got traded....

...and yet, NOW, ya'll WANT to trade the #1 offensive player on the team?

:coffee: :coffee: :coffee:
I wish ^^ was liquor.

topscribe
12-15-2009, 09:50 PM
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/206662/57422_broncos_colts_football.jpg

The Colt looks like a little boy next to BMarsh . . . :lol:

-----

rcsodak
12-15-2009, 10:01 PM
Doom was on Sirius today. He said BMarsh has really matured. And has a heart bigger than he's ever known.

And did anybody expect to hear BMarsh say he'd gladly give up some of his record-breaking catches for a win?

Everybody makes mistakes.

Everybody matures at different ages

It'd be a shame to lose him to another team. But until the CBA's future is determined, it's hard to talk turkey, just yet.