PDA

View Full Version : If he's going to lose, Bill Belichick would rather be elsewhere

sneakers
02-04-2008, 01:27 AM
Pretty much sums it all up.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/nfl_experts/post/If-he-s-going-to-lose-Bill-Belichick-would-rath?urn=nfl,64971

If he's going to lose, Bill Belichick would rather be elsewhere

By MJD

Sunday, Feb 3, 2008 11:12 pm EST

On more than one occasion this year, Bill Belichick and the Patriots have run up the score on an overmatched opponent, and forced an opposing coach to sit there and watch his beaten team go through the motions while their heineys were being handed to them.

But when the shoe's on the other foot, and Bill Belichick's team has been beaten, he can't sit there and take the pain for a few seconds.

With :02 left on the clock, and his team just having failed on a last chance 4th down effort, Bill Belichick ran onto the field for a quick handshake, and then bolted for the locker room. Belichick's an important guy and everything, but I wasn't aware that the league had given him the authority to decide when games end.

There's time left on the clock, his team's been humbled, outplayed, and lost their chance at history ... and Bill Belichick doesn't have the stomach to sit there and absorb the pain until the clock read 0:00.

That's unsportsmanlike at best, disrespectful at least, and at worst, it makes him a big sissy.

Because Bill Belichick wanted to go hide when he lost, the field ended up being flooded with people, and the officials had to clear the area before the Giants could take their final snap and make it official. When you lose, you take your loss. You don't leave early because it makes you feel sad inside. Your opponent deserves more respect than that.

Anyone remember in 2004 when Randy Moss left the sidelines with 2 seconds left in a Vikings vs. Redskins game? Moss was selfish, a baby, a quitter, didn't respect his teammates, and didn't respect the game. Belichick just did the same thing, but did it on the biggest possible stage, and did it from the position of a leader of men.

Maybe there's something to be said for the inability to lose well ... most great winners don't lose well, and a sore loser is still a loser.

But still, if you're an adult, you finish out the game, and you give your opponents the stage and the respect they deserve.

claymore
02-04-2008, 01:37 AM
Hell yeah, that sums up the exact sentiments that I had. To include Moss's issue leaving the game a few years ago. Man. What a coward to leave his defense out there to lose the game them selves. I really do think he is a cheater and a POS person at that.

Watchthemiddle
02-04-2008, 02:14 AM
Hell yeah, that sums up the exact sentiments that I had. To include Moss's issue leaving the game a few years ago. Man. What a coward to leave his defense out there to lose the game them selves. I really do think he is a cheater and a POS person at that.

What a message to send to your defense, team, and fans. Don't be surprised if things change for Mr. Belliweasel next season.

dogfish
02-04-2008, 03:43 AM
billy boy's a punk-- he thinks he's better than everyone else, and he likes to rub people's faces in it. . . he got exactly what he deserved tonight, and i bet you the entire flippin' league was happy to see him lose. . .

i think he should be forced to fight tanya harding in an iron cage match for the distinction of world's worst sportsman ("sportsperson" just doesn't have the same ring, and harding is probably tougher than he is anyways). . . .

sneakers
02-04-2008, 03:59 AM
billy boy's a punk-- he thinks he's better than everyone else, and he likes to rub people's faces in it. . . he got exactly what he deserved tonight, and i bet you the entire flippin' league was happy to see him lose. . .

i think he should be forced to fight tanya harding in an iron cage match for the distinction of world's worst sportsman ("sportsperson" just doesn't have the same ring, and harding is probably tougher than he is anyways). . . .

Yes she wouldn't come near him because of the stench of that slimy cutoff sweatshirt.

sneakers
02-04-2008, 04:35 AM
http://multimedia.heraldinteractive.com/images/e94c54a453_tony02042008.jpg

Belecheat can't wait to get into the locker room...look at him sprint after the 4th down play.

BroncoBJ
02-04-2008, 04:39 AM
He went to midfield and shook Tom Cauglins hand and hugged him. Then ran off. Its not like he just ran off the field without any of that. Confetti was up in the air. Tom got water dumped on him. Should the Giants get in trouble for dumping water on thier coach before the game was over? I really dont think Bill thought about it. The game was over and sometimes they run the last second off like that.

People are making a big deal out of nothing.
Too damn funny.

But then again your all haters so what do you expect.

sneakers
02-04-2008, 07:10 AM
He went to midfield and shook Tom Cauglins hand and hugged him. Then ran off. Its not like he just ran off the field without any of that. Confetti was up in the air. Tom got water dumped on him. Should the Giants get in trouble for dumping water on thier coach before the game was over? I really dont think Bill thought about it. The game was over and sometimes they run the last second off like that.

People are making a big deal out of nothing.
Too damn funny.

But then again your all haters so what do you expect.

ThreadJesus4MVP!!!,

In the post game press conference, he didn't have a response to any reporters questions longer than 8 words!! It isn't that I hate him-maybe strongly dislike-but he has been so smug, and arrogant all year long that people like me who don't appreciate people like that, see him get served a nice thick slab of humble pie makes me very happy. It makes me think that the world is just again.

Bozo Jr.
02-04-2008, 07:42 AM
The guy plain and simple has no class or regard for his team or fans.
He knew there was time left on the clock, and then proceeded to walk off
like a sore loser. Did you see the look on his face? Priceless!!

How do you like them sour apples Billy?

Way to go G-men! :whoo:

Medford Bronco
02-04-2008, 08:56 AM
The guy plain and simple has no class or regard for his team or fans.
He knew there was time left on the clock, and then proceeded to walk off
like a sore loser. Did you see the look on his face? Priceless!!

How do you like them sour apples Billy?

Way to go G-men! :whoo:

Also it was brought up. Do you think he would have walked off if he was up 17-14. I do not think so.

He is pond scum like kevin Mainnix said a long time ago and I agree wholehearedly.

Medford Bronco
02-04-2008, 09:03 AM
For all the cocky Boston fans that I have heard all year about how Bellicheck would NEVER let this happen

Sorry but the koolaide tastes a little sour this morning

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/6516/heraldoz7.jpg

Kapaibro
02-04-2008, 09:28 AM
He's the kind of guy you show your kids as a way NEVER to behave.

Bronco9798
02-04-2008, 10:08 AM
He's a coward.

NightTrainLayne
02-04-2008, 11:10 AM
Bill Bellicheck doesn't like humble pie. It tastes a little bitter to him.

nj10
02-04-2008, 11:58 AM
I don't like him either, however I see nothing wrong with what he did. Had he left before congratulating Coughlin there would have been an issue in my mind. With two seconds left and the game decided he shook Coughlin's hand and congratulated him. There was no need to go out and do it again.

Mike
02-04-2008, 12:14 PM
I don't like him either, however I see nothing wrong with what he did. Had he left before congratulating Coughlin there would have been an issue in my mind. With two seconds left and the game decided he shook Coughlin's hand and congratulated him. There was no need to go out and do it again.

Except for leaving your team on the field? :confused:

Bronco Bible
02-04-2008, 12:33 PM
I wonder how much $ this episode will cost him.:coffee:

OB
02-04-2008, 12:41 PM
Bellicheat sucks ass and I hope this whole spygate thing ruins him and his "franchise" team

Medford Bronco
02-04-2008, 02:23 PM

my problem has nothing to do with last night

It has to do with class, which he has none.

it shows what comes around goes around
up 45-0 vs the Skins on 4th down you throw the ball
20 yards with that bum Matt Cassell :rolleyes:

maybe if the holy one had some confidence in Gotstowski he tries
a 49 yrd FG indoors. pretty bad coaching by the "genious"
or "in Bill we trust" this was the best day of the Herald in a long long time

I loved it. Bill can go screw and Take Rodney with him.