PDA

View Full Version : Knowshon Moreno and Correll Buckhalter Win Weekly Awards

ikillz0mbies
12-11-2009, 03:12 PM
Via Twitter from the Denver Post and team spokesman Patrick Smyth

Denver Post:

Knowshon is the Diet Pepsi Rookie of the Week for the 4th time this season. Buckhalter won the FedEx Ground Player of the Week award.

Patrick Smyth:

Broncos RB Knowshon Moreno named Pepsi Rookie of Week for NFL-best fourth time this season (2nd consecutive week).

shank
12-11-2009, 03:13 PM
very nice.

Italianmobstr7
12-11-2009, 03:14 PM
Heck yes!

T.K.O.
12-11-2009, 03:19 PM
i think it was my vote that put knowshon over the top.....your welcome knowshon.
NOW go out there and get 120+ yds and 3 td's against indy to make it 3 in a row !:salute:

shank
12-11-2009, 03:19 PM
i think it was my vote that put knowshon over the top.....your welcome knowshon.
NOW go out there and get 120+ yds and 3 td's against indy to make it 3 in a row !:salute:

i think it was actually me and dream's 20 votes each :elefant:

TXBRONC
12-11-2009, 03:33 PM
Congratulations to the both of them they were very deserving of the awards.

broncofaninfla
12-11-2009, 03:37 PM
Always happy when a Bronco gets recognition, just wish the Broncos would get more recognition in the HOF.

Congrats Buck and Moreno!!

CoachChaz
12-11-2009, 04:16 PM
Always happy when a Bronco gets recognition, just wish the Broncos would get more recognition in the HOF.

Congrats Buck and Moreno!!

**** the HOF. Any group that selects and accepts Michael Irvin loses all respect from me.

GEM
12-11-2009, 05:20 PM
**** the HOF. Any group that selects and accepts Michael Irvin loses all respect from me.

Accepts Michael Irvin while ignoring the likes of Gradishar, Little or Floyd. :yardog: Sickening isn't it.

GEM
12-11-2009, 05:22 PM
Michael Irvin first ballot while ignoring Shannon Sharpe first ballot. :yardog:

Popularity contests and Where in the East Coast bias do you make a living suck.

gobroncsnv
12-11-2009, 06:37 PM
Ya gotta wonder how often this has happened? 2 RB's on the same team winning awards like this??!!!! CRAZY cool!

Denver Native (Carol)
12-11-2009, 07:20 PM
http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/broncos-backfield-picks-up-pair-of-awards/

After rushing for a combined 199 yards against the Chiefs in Week 13, Knowshon Moreno and Correll Buckhalter have each received a weekly award.

For an NFL high fourth time this season, Moreno has been named Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week. The Georgia product rushed for 86 yards and two touchdowns in the Broncos’ 44-13 victory at Arrowhead Stadium. He is the only rookie to win the award four times this season, as Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez won it during Week 1 through Week 3.

With 113 rushing yards on 12 carries against the Chiefs, Buckhalter has been named FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week. The nine-year veteran is the first Bronco to win the award this season.

When asked how the two complement each other, Head Coach Josh McDaniels said each back has their own method to reach the edge of a defense.

“Buck’s maybe a little faster,” McDaniels said. “He’s got a great burst and is playing really well right now. Knowshon is a little bit of a slippery runner inside the tackles. A little bit more spin moves, those kind of moves.”

With those contrasting running styles in hand, McDaniels alluded to the biggest benefit the two provide — a fresh rotation that lasts for 60 minutes.

“Two definitely distinctively different running styles, and that’s a good thing when you can put those out there on the field and make the defense defend both,” McDaniels said.

INJURY UPDATE

The Broncos listed four players on Friday’s Week 14 Injury Report. A limited participant in Friday’s session, David Bruton (thigh) is questionable for Sunday’s game at Indianapolis. A trio of full participants on Friday — Josh Barrett (shoulder) , Brian Dawkins (ankle) and Kyle Orton (ankle) — are all listed as probable going into the matchup with the 12-0 Colts.

On the Colts side, there were three Friday changes. After missing practice on both Wednesday and Thursday, DE Robert Mathis (quad) was a full Friday participant and is listed as questionable for Sunday’s game.

After not participating in Thursday’s session, Indianapolis WR Hank Baskett (personal reason) was a full participant on Friday and is probable to play on Sunday.

A limited participant in Thursday’s practice, Colts DT Daniel Muir (hamstring) was a full participant on Friday. He is questionable for Sunday’s game.

Here are some photos from the start of Friday’s practice. (on link)

Requiem / The Dagda
12-12-2009, 01:14 AM
I am so disappointed Moreno's average play has only got him ROW honors four times this season!

gobroncsnv
12-12-2009, 11:45 AM
I am so disappointed Moreno's average play has only got him ROW honors four times this season!

for that matter, you have to consider 4 out of 12 to be below average... you wonder how the kid even made the team...

HORSEPOWER 56
12-12-2009, 12:46 PM
It is pretty funny to hear Woodson's and Dukes' reaction to it though. Keep it up as Dukes calls us "Bronco Nation". Obviously, those guys keep winning because we just out vote everyone else...

:lol::beer::salute: