welcome home..

shank
02-02-2008, 04:55 PM
nfl.com says mark zimmerman...

awesome

EDIT; lol and below that it says mike zimmerman

Bronco Bible
02-02-2008, 04:55 PM
What bizzaro world does Andre Tippett get in the hall and not Gradishar?
By the way congrats to Zimmerman.:salute:

SmilinAssasSin27
02-02-2008, 04:57 PM
monk, green, fred dean as well

topscribe
02-02-2008, 04:57 PM

Yes, that's fantastic that Zimmerman got in.

But no Gradishar, no Little.

Hall of Shame. :tsk:

-----

Scarface
02-02-2008, 04:59 PM
Woo-Hoo Zimm is in!!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3227493

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/writers/dr_z/01/12/playoffs/p1_zimmerman.jpg

SmilinAssasSin27
02-02-2008, 05:01 PM
So again...who is going to canton?

SmilinAssasSin27
02-02-2008, 05:02 PM
I believe Sharpe is eligible next year and those who get tix have rights to get em the following year. I'm thinking I'll buy this year cuz of Zim and I LOVED Monk as a little kid, but also cuz I'll be guaranteed tix for Sharpe's induction.

Devilspawn
02-02-2008, 05:04 PM
Congrats to Zimmerman. :salute:

In the meantime, Ray Guy should take his leg and punt the committee's balls up into their collective eye sockets!

dogfish
02-02-2008, 05:05 PM
So again...who is going to canton?

there's a good chance i will be. . . .

it's a travesty that gradishar still isn't in, but let's not take anything away from zimmerman-- he is absolutely deserving, and it's great to see him make it!

congratulations gary!!

:salute: :salute:

Tned
02-02-2008, 05:08 PM
Congrats to Zimmerman.

Does he go in as a Bronco or a Viking? Or, do they list both teams?

shank
02-02-2008, 05:09 PM
nfl.com says mark zimmerman...

awesome

EDIT; lol and below that it says mike zimmerman

they fixed the idiot's mistakes..

Skinny
02-02-2008, 05:12 PM
Congrats to Zimm. I hate it for Gradishar though, it's truly a NFL travesty. Ah, nothing's perfect ... not even the greatest game in the world ...

I have no desire to go to Canton. I'd rather clean Porta Johns all day! :eviltongue:

Bronco9798
02-02-2008, 05:14 PM
Zimmerman deserved it.. I'm glad he got it. I'm sure John will be happy too!!!!

SmilinAssasSin27
02-02-2008, 05:15 PM
Graddy wasn't even top 10.

Sux too...cuz he was a bad man.

SmilinAssasSin27
02-02-2008, 05:20 PM
Congrats to Zimmerman.

Does he go in as a Bronco or a Viking? Or, do they list both teams?

Not sure, but I believe it's under 1 team. When I went to Elway's induction, they sell all sorts of merchandise, jerseys, etc. I doubt they'll have stuff made for both teams Zimm played for.

And as we all know...merchandising and money runs just about everything.

Devilspawn
02-02-2008, 05:23 PM
Not sure, but I believe it's under 1 team. When I went to Elway's induction, they sell all sorts of merchandise, jerseys, etc. I doubt they'll have stuff made for both teams Zimm played for.

And as we all know...merchandising and money runs just about everything.
The player decides what team he wants to rep at the ceremony, but in the Halls and on the site, if the player has made a significant contribution to both (or more) teams, he is listed as playing with both. I know this because Marcus Allen went in as a Chief, but he is listed as a Chief and Raider.

When you go to the HOF site, players are listed under all the teams they played for, but there is an indication, like his name being in bold, that he spent the majority of his career with or had his best years with that team.

So Zimm can decide, but he'll be listed as a Bronking.

SmilinAssasSin27
02-02-2008, 05:27 PM
He spent more time in Minny, but won jewelry in Denver...

claymore
02-02-2008, 05:33 PM
Im going, if Im around. Congrats fellas, and ladies, just heard the news. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

Ricky
02-02-2008, 05:47 PM
I am happy Zim made it, but Randy was screwed.

SmilinAssasSin27
02-02-2008, 05:59 PM
They were just saying on NFL Network that next year is gonna be rough for fringe candidates to get in. Bruce Smith, Rod Woodson and Shannon Sharpe are all eligible next year and all 3 are locks. Gonna be a nasty crown in 2009 w/ all the Broncos, Bills and Steelers fans.

Hobe
02-02-2008, 06:41 PM

Tippie played for New England. Any other question's?

Timmy!
02-02-2008, 06:57 PM
Nice to see that Zim made it.

Lonestar
02-02-2008, 07:09 PM
I am happy Zim made it, but Randy was screwed.

AGAIN

Eaast coast voters get us everytime..

BANJOPICKER1
02-02-2008, 07:24 PM
Zimmerman deserved it.. I'm glad he got it. I'm sure John will be happy too!!!!
The Zimmerman and Elway times were the best time to be a bronco fan..When I first became a fan it was in the C Morton times,not as much fun to watch..:D
GRATSSSSSS ZIMMY!!!
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 2008 BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

studbucket
02-02-2008, 07:29 PM
Congrats to everyone, especially Zim and Art Monk!

I'm just so pissed off Gradishar didn't make it in...the first thing I did was write an entire blog post called 'There Are No Football Gods'. It makes me so angry, he deserves it more than anyone.

tubby
02-02-2008, 08:01 PM
Congratulations Gary Zimmerman!

No Gradishar but Andre Tippett made it? Unbelievable.

broncosfanscott
02-02-2008, 09:05 PM
Congrats to Zimmerman on being elected to the HOF and for Art Monk on finally getting in. Finally Elway will have some company.

While I am excited that Zim got in, I thought Gradishar would have been first.

slim
02-02-2008, 09:12 PM
Yeah, kinda bittersweet…Randy is one of the top 5 or 6 LBs in the history of the game...certainly in the top 10. I feel bad for the guy.

Watchthemiddle
02-02-2008, 09:36 PM
Congrats to ZIm!!! :salute:

Man was a beast ...absolute great work ethic and it payed off.

Lonestar
02-02-2008, 09:55 PM
wonder if he'll ride his harley to the induction and game?

Bronco9798
02-02-2008, 10:04 PM
I'm sure John will be there and have a few things to say about Zim...

BeefStew25
02-02-2008, 10:24 PM
I guess I remember Zim. He was one of the fat guys on offense, right?

pnbronco
02-02-2008, 11:05 PM
Somebody stop me from throwing my computer through the window!! :mad:

I can't believe they didn't vote him in. Just got home and saw the CBS insider, so my hope was well finally, idiots. I'm really happy for Zimm, he's a great guy, but it's just a crime about Randy.

tubby
02-02-2008, 11:25 PM
I find myself gald Chris Carter didn't get in. I don't know why, he just rubs me the wrong way.

Lonestar
02-03-2008, 01:39 AM
I find myself gald Chris Carter didn't get in. I don't know why, he just rubs me the wrong way.

dale carter ring a bell, is the morons cousin

NameUsedBefore
02-03-2008, 02:06 AM
Andre Tippet over Randy Gradishar?

WTFBBQSAUCEPUTONASPACESHIPANDFLOWNTOPLUTOONLYTOFIN DOUTITSNOTAPLANETBYTHETIMEITGETSTHERE

claymore
02-03-2008, 04:04 AM
Zimmerman belonged in the HOF just as much or more than Gradishar. Dont belittle his induction by bringing Gradishar's name into the mess. Im just as upset as anyone, but its a happy day.

Im surprised we got one in to tell you the truth.

Nomad
02-03-2008, 09:49 AM

Yep! And that's what the deciding factor was! What can you do, we all know the bias of the HOF!

claymore
02-03-2008, 04:54 PM
"Hopefully it'll open the door for Denver, because there are a lot of players that should be in there," Zimmerman said minutes after he learned of his election by watching the NFL Network's announcement from his snowbound home in Bend, Ore. "But I'm really happy to be No. 2 and hopefully there will be No. 3 next year."
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_8152760

"The reason I want to go in as a Bronco is I feel that's my family," Zimmerman said. "Minnesota had kind of cast me off, and Mr. Bowlen and the whole organization has been nothing but first class to me. I'm a man of loyalty and my loyalty lies with Mr. Bowlen."
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_8152760

Well, that clears up any worries I had about which organization he was going in with. I love this dude. And I think its a testament of how close the 97 team was.

dogfish
02-03-2008, 04:57 PM
right on zimm!! hell yea. . . . :salute:

Npba900
02-03-2008, 06:27 PM
Randy will get in. He was a finalist this year and that says allot IMHO. What needs to be done now is that a campaign machine needs to continue to talk about Randy. Also, the Broncos....when the opportunity lends itself, need to find away to get Randy back involved in the game visually during the season. In other words....put his face back out there!, especially in the context of the "Orange Crush Defense" so the public will know he existed and are aware of his career, records, impacts, and overall staff.

Perfect example would be when the Broncos are at home on Monday night or Sunday night while playing a high profile team; this would be and excellent time to have Randy appear and just talk Bronco football. Then while this is happening, they can show tapes of Randy playing. Thats how you promote your guy into the HOF. Randy's play speaks for itself, he just needs some recognition so the public knows who he is and how he played and impact the game.

claymore
02-03-2008, 11:31 PM
Randy will get in. He was a finalist this year and that says allot IMHO. What needs to be done now is that a campaign machine needs to continue to talk about Randy. Also, the Broncos....when the opportunity lends itself, need to find away to get Randy back involved in the game visually during the season. In other words....put his face back out there!, especially in the context of the "Orange Crush Defense" so the public will know he existed and are aware of his career, records, impacts, and overall staff.

Perfect example would be when the Broncos are at home on Monday night or Sunday night while playing a high profile team; this would be and excellent time to have Randy appear and just talk Bronco football. Then while this is happening, they can show tapes of Randy playing. Thats how you promote your guy into the HOF. Randy's play speaks for itself, he just needs some recognition so the public knows who he is and how he played and impact the game.
Thats the thing. Unless you live in Denver, you do not know, or do not care who Gradishar is. It might be a travesty right now, but Zim this year, and Sharpe next year is more than I hoped for.

Lonestar
02-03-2008, 11:36 PM
Unfortunately instead of having a 5 chances of getting into the HOF now he falls into that black hole of old timers out there.. now it is more like 2 chances a year. If he did not get in this year it is not ever gonna happen.

studbucket
02-04-2008, 12:11 AM

Problem is that his 20 years are up. As was just mentioned, he has to rely on the veterans' committee, and that's like winning the lottery.

HolyDiver
02-04-2008, 01:03 PM
Who is making the trip to Canton?

Has he said for sure he's going in as a Bronco?

HolyDiver
02-04-2008, 01:04 PM
Thats the thing. Unless you live in Denver, you do not know, or do not care who Gradishar is. It might be a travesty right now, but Zim this year, and Sharpe next year is more than I hoped for.

Anyone who actually FOLLWED football in the 70's knows damn well who Randy Gradishar is.

Broncolingus
02-04-2008, 02:00 PM
OUTSTANDING!!!!

Fantastic to see and it was ridiculous that it took this long for him to make it…way to go, Zim!

Still feel ole Randy should be there, but I’m losing hope…

Lonestar
02-04-2008, 02:29 PM
Anyone who actually FOLLWED football in the 70's knows damn well who Randy Gradishar is.

Actually your wrong here outside th state of Colorado there is almost NO coverage of bronco players or games.. Unless we happened to play a team in Florida they would not have a clue..

I have lived in four different states since leaving DEN. Until the INTERNET the local sports writers, controlled what went in there newspapers.. Same applies to TV. Now there is an NFL network, so some denver games and hi lights get the light of day..

I used to have to rely on the USPS for my bronco info.. My son and brother would mail me sports sections from time to time..

The local papers were loaded the local or nearby NFL teams.. perhaps a line or box score for DEN..

Besides the voters for the HOF mostly all have their on agendas players on their team or rivals they want in before some obscure LB in the boonies..

HolyDiver
02-04-2008, 03:17 PM
Actually your wrong here outside th state of Colorado there is almost NO coverage of bronco players or games.. Unless we happened to play a team in Florida they would not have a clue..

I have lived in four different states since leaving DEN. Until the INTERNET the local sports writers, controlled what went in there newspapers.. Same applies to TV. Now there is an NFL network, so some denver games and hi lights get the light of day..

I used to have to rely on the USPS for my bronco info.. My son and brother would mail me sports sections from time to time..

The local papers were loaded the local or nearby NFL teams.. perhaps a line or box score for DEN..

Besides the voters for the HOF mostly all have their on agendas players on their team or rivals they want in before some obscure LB in the boonies..

We played Pittsburgh.............played Oakland twice, The Browns, The Dolphins...........Hell, Gradishar was All-Pro many years............I think true fans would know who he is.......give me a break...............You just get off telling me I'm wrong........

Lonestar
02-04-2008, 04:27 PM
We played Pittsburgh.............played Oakland twice, The Browns, The Dolphins...........Hell, Gradishar was All-Pro many years............I think true fans would know who he is.......give me a break...............You just get off telling me I'm wrong........

not at all I merely state the facts as I know them I have lived in other cities I have seen the total lack of press anyone but the division rivals might get out side their team..

To play a team every couple of years so falls into the cracks of inconsequential it is almost funny..

To a local sports caster unless Randy would make 4 or 5 Atwater/okwuoye thumps each game they have zero reason to remember him. When they play or see a Jack Lambert or a ray lewis type every week..

I personally think Randy was one of the top 10-15 LB of all time.. I've been watching Pro ball since the mid 50's. But am being realistic the other sports casters have their own ox to gore.. And there are so many more of them east of the Mississippi than west the votes get overwhelmed.. Now that he is in the old timers are he has almost zero chance to make it as there are max two each year that get in.

HolyDiver
02-04-2008, 04:29 PM
not at all I merely state the facts as I know them I have lived in other cities I have seen the total lack of press anyone but the division rivals might get out side their team..

To play a team every couple of years so falls into the cracks of inconsequential it is almost funny..

To a local sports caster unless Randy would make 4 or 5 Atwater/okwuoye thumps each game they have zero reason to remember him. When they play or see a Jack Lambert or a ray lewis type every week..

I personally think Randy was one of the top 10-15 LB of all time.. I've been watching Pro ball since the mid 50's. But am being realistic the other sports casters have their own ox to gore.. And there are so many more of them east of the Mississippi than west the votes get overwhelmed.. Now that he is in the old timers are he has almost zero chance to make it as there are max two each year that get in.

Well, I knew who Lester Hayes( Raiders) was............... JJ Jefferson ) Chargers)............Bobby Bell, Willie Lanier ( Chiefs) .......... etc.

Lonestar
02-04-2008, 04:40 PM
Well, I knew who Lester Hayes( Raiders) was............... JJ Jefferson ) Chargers)............Bobby Bell, Willie Lanier ( Chiefs) .......... etc.

are you a voter? if not it does not matter. The voters have more than Randy to deal with.. Other players fans and agents inundate them with tapes and stats. the fan base for DEN is tiny compared to the raiders, cowboys, steelers bears, browns, 49's, redskins.

I wished he would have been the first to get in there IMHO no reason why he was overlooked. but he was not.. time to move on..

HolyDiver
02-04-2008, 04:45 PM
are you a voter? if not it does not matter. The voters have more than Randy to deal with.. Other players fans and agents inundate them with tapes and stats. the fan base for DEN is tiny compared to the raiders, cowboys, steelers bears, browns, 49's, redskins.

I wished he would have been the first to get in there IMHO no reason why he was overlooked. but he was not.. time to move on..

All I'm saying is............a true football fan, knows who Randy Gradishar is...............How about Tommy Nobis? ...............One hell of a Linebacker for the Falcons in the 70's............That's my whole point.

Lonestar
02-04-2008, 04:52 PM
All I'm saying is............a true football fan, knows who Randy Gradishar is...............How about Tommy Nobis? ...............One hell of a Linebacker for the Falcons in the 70's............That's my whole point.

A true FB fan knows who his favorites are.. not just at LB. Every position needs to be looked at and there are only 7 max slots (2 almost dedicated to old timers) every year to fill. the voters have to fight for their own players first and there are so many more teams/writers/voters east of the miss our guys get overwhelmed each year..

you can have the last word if you do not see my logic here.. but you will not change my mind on it..

HolyDiver
02-04-2008, 04:56 PM
A true FB fan knows who his favorites are.. not just at LB. Every position needs to be looked at and there are only 7 max slots (2 almost dedicated to old timers) every year to fill. the voters have to fight for their own players first and there are so many more teams/writers/voters east of the miss our guys get overwhelmed each year..

you can have the last word if you do not see my logic here.. but you will not change my mind on it..

Not trying to change your mind............. You see it how you want to see it.

Lonestar
02-04-2008, 04:58 PM
Not trying to change your mind............. You see it how you want to see it.

really last time, I just see it how it is..

Cowboy
02-04-2008, 07:09 PM
Its good to see a great lineman get in.