PDA

View Full Version : Notre Dame hires Brian Kelly as next new head coach

Overtime
12-10-2009, 11:31 PM
well we have a coach, now let's hope he can make us relevant again. (i can only hope).

ND hired Brian Kelly to be their new coach today.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/12643908/notre-dame-gets-right-man-for-immense-job

slim
12-10-2009, 11:34 PM
Not a bad hire.

Ravage!!!
12-10-2009, 11:34 PM
This was the guy that I guessed they would hire about mid-way through the season. Great job in cinci... and feel he will do great job in Notre Dame.

But they read a release, from Notre Dame today... that said that Kelly MAY have lost his contention due to his stance on "pro-choice"

Skinny
12-11-2009, 06:46 AM
Now comes the real hire... the defensive coordinator.

Northman
12-11-2009, 07:14 AM
Hard to say how he will be but on the surface looks like a strong hire.

GEM
12-11-2009, 10:46 AM
Good for Notre Dame....not too sure about how he left Cinci hanging for their Fiesta Bowl. Not too professional on his part. Whether he's moving on or not, he should have been honest with his current players and finished out their year with them.

:shrugs:

BroncoHusker
12-11-2009, 11:16 AM
Now comes the real hire... the defensive coordinator.

Agreed. Ive only seen Cincinnati play a few times but I haven't been impressed with their defense. If Kelly can't have better success on defense at UND, he'll end up like Weis.

elsid13
12-11-2009, 11:35 AM
The Cinncy players are pissed that he took that job. I wouldn't be surprised if something happens to his car on the way out of town.

Ravage!!!
12-11-2009, 12:02 PM
Good for Notre Dame....not too sure about how he left Cinci hanging for their Fiesta Bowl. Not too professional on his part. Whether he's moving on or not, he should have been honest with his current players and finished out their year with them.

Well, he never said he was going to stay in Cinci, he always replied "I'm not dealing with that now, we are concentrating on our season" due to the saban rule.

But isn't he still coaching them (cinci) in the fiesta bowl?

elsid13
12-11-2009, 12:03 PM
Well, he never said he was going to stay in Cinci, he always replied "I'm not dealing with that now, we are concentrating on our season" due to the saban rule.

No, the team and school don't want him too.

Ravage!!!
12-11-2009, 12:04 PM

ahh.. ok. Didn't know that.

Well... then they can't claim he abandoned them, I suppose.

GEM
12-11-2009, 12:06 PM

No. The Offensive Coordinator had to take over for the bowl.

GEM
12-11-2009, 12:07 PM

Mike and Mike didn't put it out like that this morning. Stated that he wanted to get out to ND and get started there and that the OC had to move up for the bowl game. Drama media at it's best. :rolleyes:

GEM
12-11-2009, 12:10 PM
Sorry, it's the Sugar Bowl, not the Fiesta Bowl.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
12-11-2009, 12:12 PM

He filled their roster with future NFL players and posted an excellent overall record, they should be thanking him.

CoachChaz
12-11-2009, 12:13 PM
I think Kelly will do well at Notre Dame. He's one of those guys that could turn someone like clay into a solid player and find a spot for him on the field. He'll get better recruiting talent and more funds to do it with. I expect ND to be a top 10 team within a few years