PDA

View Full Version : New, Work Friendly Theme and Mobile themes

Tned
02-02-2008, 03:29 AM
A few weeks ago a few people raised a concern about the dark blue and orange theme being not very 'work friendly'. I have now installed a new, bland theme. You can choose between the 'Default Style', which is the Blue and Orange BroncosForums theme, or the "Work Friendly" theme.

To change your theme, scroll to the VERY bottom of any forum page (below active members, at the VERY bottom), and on the left side you will see a combo box where you can switch back and forth between the Default and Worker Friendly theme.

The Worker Friendly theme isn't beutiful, but it is bland and shoudn't attract much attention.

Also, there is now a streamlined mobile theme. It's not perfect, and those that are using mobile phones will have to let me know if this is an improvement or they prefer just using a normal theme.

BroncoBJ
02-02-2008, 04:31 AM
You never fail to amaze me Tned. :salute:
Good work.

You are up all hours of the night working on this site.
But you are my favorite admin on any site I've been to.
Keep up the great work.

Tned
02-02-2008, 04:59 AM
Ok, I am not impressed with the mobile theme. It doesn't give the option to override and change to a regular them if you want, and it doesn't have things like "go to last post" or "go to first unread". I have removed it, and will try and get in and modify that theme when I get a chance.

dogfish
02-02-2008, 07:11 AM
hmmmmm. . . .

work-friendly sucks. . . .

i actually find that quite appropriate, since work itself also sucks. . . . . :lol:

claymore
02-02-2008, 07:56 AM
You are the man Tned. Thanks dude.

Tned
02-02-2008, 02:28 PM
hmmmmm. . . .

work-friendly sucks. . . .

i actually find that quite appropriate, since work itself also sucks. . . . . :lol:

Yep, I tried to find a REALLY bland theme, then made a few mods to it, and put up a VERY bland logo (just the broncosforums.com name in smallish type).

Just an option for those that felt the orange and blue and big graphic on top drew too much attention when accessing the forum at work.

One thing people will find out is The Lounge, will revert back to the Red and Blue (Red Light District) look, even if you have chosen the work friendly design. I might get in there at some point and try and put some "if then" logic in, but by default I can only have one theme override for a specific forum, not change certain theme properties.

Also, everyone probably knows, but you can go into "User CP", "Edit Options" and turn off "Show Signatures", "Show Avatars", "Show Images" by removing the check boxes next to each of those settings and then clicking "Save Changes" at the bottom.

Turning off avvy's and other images, combined with the Worker Friendly theme will make it a fairly stealth site for use at work, as long as you stay out of The Lounge at work.

Reidman
02-02-2008, 02:42 PM
You never fail to amaze me Tned. :salute:
Good work.

You are up all hours of the night working on this site.
But you are my favorite admin on any site I've been to.
Keep up the great work.

Also, Tned is the only person I know who has had his avatar since the beginning of time....amazing...:eek:

Tned
02-02-2008, 02:45 PM
Also, Tned is the only person I know who has had his avatar since the beginning of time....amazing...:eek:

Poodles and Broncos, two constants in my life ;)

LordTrychon
02-02-2008, 03:57 PM
If I send you a picture of my work interface, could you make the site look like it please?

Tned
02-02-2008, 04:40 PM
If I send you a picture of my work interface, could you make the site look like it please?

Probably not, but I might give it a chance with a few glasses of wine in me ;)

LordTrychon
02-02-2008, 04:42 PM
Probably not, but I might give it a chance with a few glasses of wine in me ;)

*bribes Tned with a salute*

dogfish
02-02-2008, 04:55 PM

yea, that's just what you need. . . . . :lol:

Tned
02-02-2008, 05:09 PM
I cleaned it up a little. There were a couple buttons that were messed up, like the Hi-5 button. I made a non-animated MHS button, and a clean, white/grey Hi-5 button.

dogfish
02-02-2008, 05:13 PM
I cleaned it up a little. There were a couple buttons that were messed up, like the Hi-5 button. I made a non-animated MHS button, and a clean, white/grey Hi-5 button.

T, you're an enabler, man. . . . :laugh:

Tned
02-02-2008, 05:14 PM
T, you're an enabler, man. . . . :laugh:

I'm somthing all rigth, just haven't figured out what...

Bronco9798
02-02-2008, 05:16 PM
Good work as usual Tred!!!

Ricky
02-02-2008, 05:52 PM
My boss won't see I spend so much time here now, unless the boss has an IT guy that snoops on internet browsing. Naw, he won't do that.

tubby
02-02-2008, 08:11 PM
Awesome. :salute:

Buff
02-12-2008, 05:31 PM
No work theme in the lounge? Oversight or permanent?

Thank you...

Tned
02-12-2008, 06:49 PM
No work theme in the lounge? Oversight or permanent?

Thank you...

Permanent. See this post:

Yep, I tried to find a REALLY bland theme, then made a few mods to it, and put up a VERY bland logo (just the broncosforums.com name in smallish type).

Just an option for those that felt the orange and blue and big graphic on top drew too much attention when accessing the forum at work.

One thing people will find out is The Lounge, will revert back to the Red and Blue (Red Light District) look, even if you have chosen the work friendly design. I might get in there at some point and try and put some "if then" logic in, but by default I can only have one theme override for a specific forum, not change certain theme properties.

Also, everyone probably knows, but you can go into "User CP", "Edit Options" and turn off "Show Signatures", "Show Avatars", "Show Images" by removing the check boxes next to each of those settings and then clicking "Save Changes" at the bottom.

Turning off avvy's and other images, combined with the Worker Friendly theme will make it a fairly stealth site for use at work, as long as you stay out of The Lounge at work.