PDA

View Full Version : Prior Combine/Free Agency Broncos Draft

MHCBill
02-01-2008, 05:33 PM
I will create a new thread after the combine/free agency, but I would like to get a sense when it's all said and done which of these players would you like with our #1 pick.

Only players listed in the poll are players that I think will be available at #12.

Who do you want?

underrated29
02-01-2008, 05:41 PM
i think we will trade down. I would like Stewart, but to better the team the most id say connor or LT which ever falls. If both fall I say LT.

SmilinAssasSin27
02-01-2008, 05:43 PM
Kenny Phillips...but you all already knew that.

MHCBill
02-01-2008, 05:49 PM
Has to be Phillips at this point.

We don't draft in the top half of the draft very often.

We must make the most of it and acquire a player that will be here for 10+ years.

It must be a position of need. It must be a playmaker.

That about sums it up... Phillips fits the criteria.

Lonestar
02-01-2008, 05:59 PM
Has to be Phillips at this point.

We don't draft in the top half of the draft very often.

We must make the most of it and acquire a player that will be here for 10+ years.

It must be a position of need. It must be a playmaker.

That about sums it up... Phillips fits the criteria.

add to that an immediate starter and impact player.

At 12 mikey better not reach or draft another nash/oneal/foster/ashley/middebroken type clown.

BOSSHOGG30
02-01-2008, 07:24 PM
I voted to trade up. Just like I said last year that I would do anything I could to move up and select DT Amobi Okoye, I again think we need to address the DT position. I want Sedrick Ellis or Glenn Dorsey.

If I have to stay put I select Dan Connor or Jonathon Stewart.

If we trade back I target RT Godsher Cherilous

MHCBill
02-01-2008, 07:38 PM
Boss, how far up do you think we'll have to go to get either Ellis or Dorsey?

How much will it cost without throwing in Foxy, Gold, Henry, or Walker?

SmilinAssasSin27
02-01-2008, 08:02 PM
Nobody will want anyone but Foxxy in a deal that moves us up. The others are either too pricey or simply fodder.

BOSSHOGG30
02-01-2008, 08:18 PM
Boss, how far up do you think we'll have to go to get either Ellis or Dorsey?

How much will it cost without throwing in Foxy, Gold, Henry, or Walker?

Not sure. Both DT could be gone with the top 3 picks. A lot will have to do with what team select QB's and if Miami actually does find a trade partner for that #1 pick. There are rumors that a couple teams are looking to trade up for McFadden. Cowboys could jump up and grab McFadden and that would help us out because one of the DT would slide down another pick.

1. Miami - Hopefully they trade out to Dallas but will probably go DT or DE
2. St Louis - Will probably go DE or T
3. Oakland - Either McFadden or DT
4. Kansas City - I think they go T
5. Atlanta - QB
6. New York Jets - DE
7. New England (from SF) - CB or S
8. Baltimore - QB
9. Cincinnati - DT, LB, or RB
10. New Orleans -
11. Buffalo -

I think we have to get ahead of Cincinnati if Miami trades out or decides to go a different direction than DT.

It does look unlikely to get either Ellis or Dorsey because as of right now it looks like Miami will take Ellis and Oakland will take Dorsey. Ellis projects as a better 3-4 lineman than Dorsey, so I think Miami would actually go after Ellis.

Fan in Exile
02-01-2008, 09:21 PM
I went with trade down. I understand that we already have a fair number of picks, but I'd like at least a 3rd round added and to still be able to use the picks that we've got to move around.

It may also be because there isn't a first round OT that I've heard about who makes me drool. Maybe if there were one like that I would want to stay where we are to pick him up.

Bronco9798
02-03-2008, 11:37 PM
We'll trade down out of the 12 slot.

BeefStew25
02-03-2008, 11:39 PM
There is not a player in the draft that is going to put us over the top. We need to move down and get some depth.

Bronco9798
02-03-2008, 11:48 PM
There is not a player in the draft that is going to put us over the top. We need to move down and get some depth.

I totally agree.

BeefStew25
02-03-2008, 11:51 PM
I totally agree.

You and I need to be a united front when all these ***** start threads about trading up for Marcus Nash.

mopatt24
02-04-2008, 03:50 AM
I voted to trade up

sneakers
02-04-2008, 04:01 AM
I chose Godsher Cherilous, just because he has the coolest name....I don't know any of these guys....but a walrus size DT would be nice.

mclark
02-04-2008, 11:30 AM
I voted Clady because we HAVE to do something about left tackle. If we sign a free agent tackle, then I'd be content with Phillips, Connor or even Rivers.

If we signed Jonathan Ogden (EDIT: I meant Jordan Gross, here) as a right tackle and drafted Clady as our left tackle, that would essentially re-make our offensive line, and leave the rest of the draft to pick defense.

Trading down is ok with me. I don't want to trade up, since we have so many holes we can't afford to be giving up draft picks.

I love Sedrick Ellis, but he's not in the picture for us I'm afraid.

MHCBill
02-04-2008, 12:54 PM
Ogden won't be coming to Denver in my opinion.

And, why do you think we drafted Ryan Harris?

turftoad
02-04-2008, 01:03 PM
I voted Clady because we HAVE to do something about left tackle. If we sign a free agent tackle, then I'd be content with Phillips, Connor or even Rivers.

If we signed Jonathan Ogden as a right tackle and drafted Clady as our left tackle, that would essentially re-make our offensive line, and leave the rest of the draft to pick defense.

Trading down is ok with me. I don't want to trade up, since we have so many holes we can't afford to be giving up draft picks.

I love Sedrick Ellis, but he's not in the picture for us I'm afraid.

Where does this Ogden stuff come from. He probably won't even play and if he does, I doubt if he switch's teams.

BOSSHOGG30
02-04-2008, 01:03 PM
Ogden will retire unless he can go to a Super Bowl caliber team.

BigDaddyBronco
02-04-2008, 01:29 PM
Something to think about trading up or down...

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/features/valuechart.html

Trading up to 6, 7, or 8 to get Dorsey or Ellis (if either are there) would cost our 1st, 2nd (hopefully next year), and probably a 4th or 5th. If we had to trade our 1st and 2nd this year and wouldn't have a pick until the 2nd day I would say no way.

Trading down to say the low to mid 20's would give us a chance to get an OT (Cherilus or Otah or Vandy's williams) a LB(Connor or Rivers) or even a DT(Balmer) and pick up an additional 2nd rounder plus more 2nd day picks to make up any points difference. Not easy to find a trade partner though.

Staying put. Take Clady if he is there. Phillips maybe if he looks good in the combine. Stewert is also interesting, but I doubt that ever happens. I bet we don't have a clue what happens until the draft because Shanny like to keep the cards close.

SmilinAssasSin27
02-04-2008, 01:57 PM
Gholston may slip if Ellis is rising...just a thought.

underrated29
02-04-2008, 02:32 PM

Trading up to 6, 7, or 8 to get Dorsey or Ellis (if either are there) would cost our 1st, 2nd (hopefully next year), and probably a 4th or 5th. If we had to trade our 1st and 2nd this year and wouldn't have a pick until the 2nd day I would say no way.

Trading down to say the low to mid 20's would give us a chance to get an OT (Cherilous or Otah or Vandy's williams) a LB(Connor or Rivers) or even a DT(Balmer) and pick up an additional 2nd rounder plus more 2nd day picks to make up any points difference. Not easy to find a trade partner though.

Staying put. Take Clady if he is there. Phillips maybe if he looks good in the combine. Stewert is also interesting, but I doubt that ever happens. I bet we don't have a clue what happens until the draft because Shanny like to keep the cards close.

I am in complete agreement here.. Who knows about the trade partner, thats always tough. Check my sig for what i think my go down. But trading back no more then 10 slots would be great. Trading back 4-8 would be ideal in my mind to do exactely as you said.

Man i hope we trade back a few and pick up some extras. (and keep javon, but thats a different story).

Requiem / The Dagda
02-04-2008, 04:48 PM
Who is Godsher Cherilous?

God and Cher as a football player?

Certainly you mean Gosder Cherilus, OT - Boston College; and certainly you're kidding at pegging him as a top twelve talent.

broncohead
02-04-2008, 05:13 PM
Dolphins, Rams, Raiders, Jets, and the Bengals are all in need of DL help. With Jake Long, McFadden, Ryan, Dorsey, and Chris Long all looking like the top 5 Ellis could fall to #8 where we could possibly trade with the Ravens. I think that the Ravens could still get Brohm (if they are targeting a QB) at #12. I don't see Ellis getting past the Bengals. New England could still be a good trade partner if we wanted to get closer and we could add Fox in the trade as well.

broncohead
02-05-2008, 12:34 AM
I had an interesting thought today at work while I was bored. What if we traded back with Dallas. We get #22 and #28 in the first round and we give them #12 and Foxworth. I think they are in need of a nickle back and we are in great position to add some depth. After the top ten the tallent kind of drops off. What do you guys think?

lex
02-05-2008, 12:39 AM
Dolphins, Rams, Raiders, Jets, and the Bengals are all in need of DL help. With Jake Long, McFadden, Ryan, Dorsey, and Chris Long all looking like the top 5 Ellis could fall to #8 where we could possibly trade with the Ravens. I think that the Ravens could still get Brohm (if they are targeting a QB) at #12. I don't see Ellis getting past the Bengals. New England could still be a good trade partner if we wanted to get closer and we could add Fox in the trade as well.
I dont think Ellis drops out of the top 5.

mclark
02-05-2008, 11:33 AM
Ogden won't be coming to Denver in my opinion.

And, why do you think we drafted Ryan Harris?

Why did we draft LSeuer and Watts? We thought they had the ability to start.

I DO NOT want Pears and Harris as my starting tackles next year.

mclark
02-05-2008, 11:39 AM
Where does this Ogden stuff come from. He probably won't even play and if he does, I doubt if he switch's teams.

Clearly I am distracted and not thinking clearly. Jordan Gross is the guy I'm interested in, not Jonathan Ogden. Brain freeze.

MHCBill
02-05-2008, 11:49 AM
Why did we draft LSeuer and Watts? We thought they had the ability to start.

I DO NOT want Pears and Harris as my starting tackles next year.At least they were given a chance.

Harris has to be given the same opportunity.

No way we draft an OT #1 in my opinion. Too many other needs that do not have at least question marks.

Our current OT's may not be great, but they need to be given a chance.

Lonestar
02-05-2008, 11:54 AM
At least they were given a chance.

No way we draft an OT #1 in my opinion. Too many other needs that do not have at least question marks.

One wonders if Jay feels this way?

I wonder what he wants for Christmas?

CoachChaz
02-05-2008, 12:00 PM
I think a solid OT can be had later on. In round 4, we could find guys like Duane Brown, O'Neill Cousins, John Greco, Tony Hills, Kirk Barton, King Dunlap...

mclark
02-05-2008, 12:03 PM

Trading down to say the low to mid 20's would give us a chance to get an OT (Cherilus or Otah or Vandy's williams) a LB(Connor or Rivers) or even a DT(Balmer) and pick up an additional 2nd rounder plus more 2nd day picks to make up any points difference. Not easy to find a trade partner though.

I agree about trading up.

Trading down. Let's say we gave up our #12 (1200 points) and trade down with Seattle, we would get Seattle's #25 (720), Seattle's second and third round picks (330, and 145). Of course, Seattle probably would not want to do this. But using this mock draft http://walterfootball.com/draft2008.php as a gauge, we could get

#25 Gosder Cherilus, OT, Boston Collge
#42 DaJuan Morgan, FS, NCarolina State
#55 Frank Okam, DT, Texas
#86 Philip Wheeler, MLB, Georgia Tech

Keeping our picks we could get:

#12 Ryan Clady, OT, Boise State
#42 Morgan, Dre Moore, DT, Maryland, or Jerod Mayo, MLB, Tennessee

Let's make a trade with Seattle.

mclark
02-05-2008, 12:13 PM
At least they were given a chance.

We were a terrible offensive line in the second half of this season, so bad that Lepsis retired because he felt he was embarassing himself. If Harris was so good, then why wasn't he playing for Lepsis, or for Pears, who was even worse on the right side?

Potential is one thing -- but he wasn't good enough to play this season. Why will he be better next season?

Cutler just about got killed this year. We need quality tackles. Our guards are ok and, if Nalen/Hamilton return, we're ok at center.

I'd like to put money in to Jordan Gross at right tackle (NOT Jonathan Ogden, sorry about that) and Clady. Then draft defense after that.

mclark
02-05-2008, 12:18 PM

Sorry: Jordan Gross is who I meant. Brain Freeze.

mclark
02-05-2008, 12:19 PM
I'm reminded that we won two Super Bowls with a Hall of Fame left tackle. I think we should stop skimping on our offensive line if we want to get back to the Super Bowl.

MHCBill
02-05-2008, 12:23 PM
We were a terrible offensive line in the second half of this season, so bad that Lepsis retired because he felt he was embarassing himself. If Harris was so good, then why wasn't he playing for Lepsis, or for Pears, who was even worse on the right side?

Potential is one thing -- but he wasn't good enough to play this season. Why will he be better next season?

Cutler just about got killed this year. We need quality tackles. Our guards are ok and, if Nalen/Hamilton return, we're ok at center.

I'd like to put money in to Jordan Gross at right tackle (NOT Jonathan Ogden, sorry about that) and Clady. Then draft defense after that.That wouldn't be the worst thing that happened.

That may be the way to go because we will not be competing in 2008 for the Super Bowl. Might as well solidfy the line for the next five years with (Clady, Kuper, Myers/Hamilton, Holland, and Gross).

Keep working on the defense for the next two drafts and hopefully we'll be ready to go in 2009.

Fan in Exile
02-05-2008, 12:31 PM

I'd like to put money in to Jordan Gross at right tackle (NOT Jonathan Ogden, sorry about that) and Clady. Then draft defense after that.
I've heard the if Harris is so good why wasn't he playing argument so many times and it doesn't get any more intelligent with repetition.

There are a lot of reasons that could explain why, just because we don't know why doesn't make him a bad player.

Maybe they wanted to give him extra time with the injury so it wouldn't end up plaguing him the rest of his carer, but now that he's had that he'll do a great job.

Maybe he just needed a little more time to get the scheme down but now that he's had that he'll be great.

Maybe with all the other young guys coming in they wanted to keep Lepsis in for leadership.

Don't get me wrong I think we should draft an OT but not with our first round pick. It's why I think we should trade back so that with a third rounder we can pick up a quality guy who has fallen. Get a guy then who can come in and compete and maybe win a spot.

mclark
02-05-2008, 12:52 PM
That wouldn't be the worst thing that happened.

That may be the way to go because we will not be competing in 2008 for the Super Bowl. Might as well solidfy the line for the next five years with (Clady, Kuper, Myers/Hamilton, Holland, and Gross).

Keep working on the defense for the next two drafts and hopefully we'll be ready to go in 2009.

That would give us potentially a heck of an offensive line.

Also, our defense should be better than this past year just by becoming more aggressive -- getting Bates out of town. We clearly need to keep rebuilding the defense with a draft heavy on defense this year.

mclark
02-05-2008, 12:55 PM
I've heard the if Harris is so good why wasn't he playing argument so many times and it doesn't get any more intelligent with repetition.

There are a lot of reasons that could explain why, just because we don't know why doesn't make him a bad player.

Maybe they wanted to give him extra time with the injury so it wouldn't end up plaguing him the rest of his carer, but now that he's had that he'll do a great job.

Maybe he just needed a little more time to get the scheme down but now that he's had that he'll be great.

Maybe with all the other young guys coming in they wanted to keep Lepsis in for leadership.

Don't get me wrong I think we should draft an OT but not with our first round pick. It's why I think we should trade back so that with a third rounder we can pick up a quality guy who has fallen. Get a guy then who can come in and compete and maybe win a spot.

A lot of 'maybes' there.

With what we know now....I'm a little afraid to start the season with Harris and Pears as our stating tackles. There is talk of moving Kuper to tackle? Why not keep Kuper at guard and draft/sign a pair of quality tackles?

Fan in Exile
02-05-2008, 01:10 PM
A lot of 'maybes' there.

With what we know now....I'm a little afraid to start the season with Harris and Pears as our stating tackles. There is talk of moving Kuper to tackle? Why not keep Kuper at guard and draft/sign a pair of quality tackles?

I wouldn't argue with the maybes on that one, but I think that where we are now we don't draft a first rounder for maybes. We draft a first rounder for the holes. We've got pretty big holes at DT, LB, and Safety. Those are holes that have to be plugged. That's where we should focus our draft and whatever free agency activity that we do. Not to say we shouldn't get one just that isn't where the big money should be going this year. IMHO

If the Tackles turn out to be a problem next year then we keep a guy in to help block, like Graham. Or we call plays that will mitigate the problem quick passes, draw plays and so on.

mclark
02-05-2008, 01:58 PM
I wouldn't argue with the maybes on that one, but I think that where we are now we don't draft a first rounder for maybes. We draft a first rounder for the holes. We've got pretty big holes at DT, LB, and Safety. Those are holes that have to be plugged. That's where we should focus our draft and whatever free agency activity that we do. Not to say we shouldn't get one just that isn't where the big money should be going this year. IMHO

If the Tackles turn out to be a problem next year then we keep a guy in to help block, like Graham. Or we call plays that will mitigate the problem quick passes, draw plays and so on.

I think our biggest HOLE at the moment is Left Tackle.

I don't want to have to keep Graham in to block, or have to only run quick slant patterns because our offensive line is so bad we won't have time to run anything down the field. We want to use 100% of the playbook; not 35%.

The worst thing about our defense this past season was Bates. And now he's gone. So we'll be more aggressive. Get a franchise left offensive tackle with the first pick and then concentrate on defense.

Fan in Exile
02-05-2008, 02:11 PM
This is where we are going to have to agree to disagree then. I see Harris and Pears as a couple of maybes. Mckinley should be a back up, Gold has to go, we could improve on Webster, even if Hamza is the answer we need another Safety to put in, and I would love to be able to have our big nickle on the field again, because that's how we were stopping TE's. I think Bates was a problem because we couldn't run his system but he wasn't the biggest problem.

We know these guy on defense are the problem, but we don't know that Harris is.

underrated29
02-05-2008, 02:32 PM
we need tons of players. the good news is that a lot of the quality players are in the same position. Like RB,LB,OT,DT? <- not sure on that one. Which means many should fall. I think we have to trade back to anywhere to acquire atleast another 2nd or 3rd. Then we can take the BPA at whatever #1 is- I would prefer we go #1 LB, #2, OT/DT BPA, 2nd #2 we go OT/DT BPA again. #3 we go S,LB,DT,WR <--if walker is gone.

I just think that there is too much talent in this draft, and the drop off from 12 to later is not so significant, that it would be ideal to move back.

Lorcust
02-05-2008, 05:11 PM
Trade down = Pat Sims = Win :cool:

broncohead
02-05-2008, 09:04 PM
we need tons of players. the good news is that a lot of the quality players are in the same position. Like RB,LB,OT,DT? <- not sure on that one. Which means many should fall. I think we have to trade back to anywhere to acquire atleast another 2nd or 3rd. Then we can take the BPA at whatever #1 is- I would prefer we go #1 LB, #2, OT/DT BPA, 2nd #2 we go OT/DT BPA again. #3 we go S,LB,DT,WR <--if walker is gone.

I just think that there is too much talent in this draft, and the drop off from 12 to later is not so significant, that it would be ideal to move back.

I agree. After the top 10 it kind of levels out. I think that the best trade partner would be Dallas. They get out #1 and Foxworth. We get their 2 first round draft picks. I think Dallas is in need of a corner and a WR. They can pick up desean jackson without reaching to far. We can then get Balmer or Sims at DT and Baker or Williams at OT. Morgan at safety in the second.

mclark
02-06-2008, 11:38 AM
This is where we are going to have to agree to disagree then. I see Harris and Pears as a couple of maybes. Mckinley should be a back up, Gold has to go, we could improve on Webster, even if Hamza is the answer we need another Safety to put in, and I would love to be able to have our big nickle on the field again, because that's how we were stopping TE's. I think Bates was a problem because we couldn't run his system but he wasn't the biggest problem.

We know these guy on defense are the problem, but we don't know that Harris is.

We will see if the Bronco staff really believe in Harris. If they do, we'll stand pat. If we sign a free agent offensive tackle, or draft one early, then Harris was probably a wasted pick. I hope he's quality. But I think we would have seen more of him already if he really was the answer.

BOSSHOGG30
02-06-2008, 01:51 PM
I really hope Denver drafts Castille. He is so under-rated right now. He will be a very good safety in the NFL.

mclark
02-06-2008, 02:07 PM
I agree. After the top 10 it kind of levels out. I think that the best trade partner would be Dallas. They get out #1 and Foxworth. We get their 2 first round draft picks. I think Dallas is in need of a corner and a WR. They can pick up desean jackson without reaching to far. We can then get Balmer or Sims at DT and Baker or Williams at OT. Morgan at safety in the second.

Pretty interesting scenario. For us.

I can't imagine Dallas giving up 2 first round picks for Foxworth and our #12. They can probably get DeShawn Jackson and Felix Jones or Antoine Cason just staying where they are.

But I'd be happy with the draft you're suggesting.

Lonestar
02-06-2008, 02:12 PM
We will see if the Bronco staff really believe in Harris. If they do, we'll stand pat. If we sign a free agent offensive tackle, or draft one early, then Harris was probably a wasted pick. I hope he's quality. But I think we would have seen more of him already if he really was the answer.

Unless we can get get a stud OT my thoughts are they may keep Harris as a reserve or play him at RT, using pears as the backup who can play both sides.

Requiem / The Dagda
02-06-2008, 02:26 PM
Harris isn't a great run blocker, I don't know about him at RT.

mclark
02-06-2008, 02:33 PM
Unless we can get get a stud OT my thoughts are they may keep Harris as a reserve or play him at RT, using pears as the backup who can play both sides.

If we don't upgrade our left tackle, then I think MS will go with Harris to see if he can cut it. His rep is good feet, good athlete, but not very strong, a better pass blocker than run blocker -- so I don't see him at right tackle either. But not being very strong, he might have fits with bull rushers coming in on Culter's blind side.

Lonestar
02-06-2008, 02:36 PM
If we don't upgrade our left tackle, then I think MS will go with Harris to see if he can cut it. His rep is good feet, good athlete, but not very strong, a better pass blocker than run blocker -- so I don't see him at right tackle either. But not being very strong, he might have fits with bull rushers coming in on Culter's blind side.

I was told he would have been a 1st round top 2-3 OT had it not been for the injury to his back.. Said to have a real mean streak and strong.. Perhaps one of the Draft gurus can tell us the absolute truth..

G_Money
02-06-2008, 02:53 PM
Harris had a great Junior year. His Senior year was pretty bad, and part of that's a back thing...but he's had another back surgery now. Exactly how can we put the future of the franchise in the hands of an untested kid with back issues?

Harris wasn't tremendously strong when I saw him at ND. Don't count on bench press too much to tell that, though - both he and Moss have long arms, which makes the bench press harder. Most of the guys who excel at the bench press have shorter arms, which is a deficiency when playing OT.

I'm thinking more of the number of pancake blocks I ever remember from Harris. Flattening people just isn't his style. I just don't think he's nasty enough to really excel. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Even if we decide that we're not adding a 1st day OT to the mix, though, I'd like to add a guy like Cousins (who DOES flatten people and IS a mean SOB, even though he's green as pistachio ice cream at the position) on the second day. I get the feeling we might need him.

~G

BOSSHOGG30
02-06-2008, 03:18 PM
i think the opposite of Harris... I think he struggles more in pass protection than he does run blocking. I think run blocking his is strength.

broncohead
02-06-2008, 05:27 PM
Pre season will pretty much tell you if he's a starter or not. Inless we bring in someone like Gross who will have the starting position Harris will be competing for the OT spot. I really hope he pans out.

broncohead
02-06-2008, 05:29 PM
Pretty interesting scenario. For us.

I can't imagine Dallas giving up 2 first round picks for Foxworth and our #12. They can probably get DeShawn Jackson and Felix Jones or Antoine Cason just staying where they are.

But I'd be happy with the draft you're suggesting.

That would give Foxworth a mid third round value based on the value chart. If they are targeting Jackson that wouldn't be a bad move for either side.

mclark
02-06-2008, 06:21 PM
Here's some things I pulled off the web about Ryan Harris.

Ryan Harris OT 6'5 299 Notre Dame 5.09
By: Robert Davis

Ryan Harris made an early impact as a freshman in 2003. He s tarted the final eight games at right tackle, then moved to the left side as a sophomore. He has not left that spot since. Harris was featured on an MTV reality show, “True Life” as a teenager, talking about his ability to pack on and maintain his weight.

From an athletic standpoint, Harris has it all. He is a very good natural athlete, with the agility to move laterally with ease, and adjust very quickly to the defenders movements. With his natural talent and experience, he has developed into an excellent pass protector. Playing for Notre Dame, he has the attitude all of their lineman seem to possess, and that is to fight until the whistle blows.

While he has all the athletic talent, Harris still needs to become stronger and add more weight to his frame. He is very lean for an offensive lineman, and it could give him problems over a 16 game schedule. He also needs to get stronger because he can be beaten by the bull rush, and stronger defensive lineman.

If Ryan Harris can pack on more weight and get stronger, he could become a prime draft pick. As it stands now, he has real concerns about his ability to control players at the point of attack, and that is a big question for an offensive lineman.

Broncos:

Day one:

1. (17) DE Jarvis Moss, Florida

Denver trades up with the Jags and gets the 17th over-all pick. Jags get the Bronco's 3rd and 6th round pick as payment. Broncos snatch up Moss (6' 6" 250 lbs.) who can really rush the passer. Moss has the versatility to play in the 34 or 43 style of defense.

2. (#56) DE Tim Crowder, Texas

Nice value at 56. If Crowder picks up his intensity he could be special. Last year he was All Big 12defensive end finishing with 58 tackles, 19 tackles for a loss and 10.5 sacks. He has a nice size/speed ratio, at the combine he measured in at 6' 3" 273 pounds and ran an impressive 4.69 forty.

3. (#70) OT Ryan Harris, Notre Dame

Very athletic offensive lineman, probably moved inside to guard. Needs to get more physical however, more of a finesse guy. A reach at 70.
COMBINE
YES

COLLEGE
POS HGHT WGHT BENCH 40 10 20 SHORT
SHUTTLE LONG
SHUTTLE 3
CONE VERTICAL
JUMP BROAD
JUMP
MOSS JARVIS FLORIDA DE/LB 6'6.4" 250 16 4.70 1.52 2.68 4.41 7.21 30.5" 10'0"
Moss is a very good pass rusher but he will have to add bulk and strength to be effective against the run, and is not quick enough to be a stud as an OLB in a 3-4. He may get over-drafted but will be effective as a pass rushing defensive end.

COMBINE
YES

COLLEGE
SHUTTLE LONG
SHUTTLE 3
CONE VERTICAL
JUMP BROAD
JUMP
CROWDER TIM TEXAS-AUSTIN DE 6'3.5" 272 32 4.69 1.59 2.71 4.32 7.28 30.5" 9'3"

PLAYER WHO COULD HAVE A BETTER NFL CAREER THAN PLAYERS SELECTED AHEAD OF HIM in the DRAFT
I'm tired of hearing how Crowder is an underachiever. He did have 10.5 sacks his senior year. This is a kid who got by in college on his athleticism. He will need coaching, but he has the skills to be an excellent two-way (run and pass) end in the NFL. I predict he will go in round two (where I have him graded - higher than many others). Then some draft talking head will say it was a reach because while he has great tools he doesn't play to his talent; but that talking head will be proved wrong in long run.

COMBINE
YES

COLLEGE
SHUTTLE LONG
SHUTTLE 3
CONE VERTICAL
JUMP BROAD
JUMP
HARRIS RYAN NOTRE DAME OT 6'4.4" 305 25 5.09 1.75 2.96 4.52 7.78 25.5" 8'4"
Harris started the post-season as one of the potential top left tackles in the draft and ended the post season as an afterthought as a right tackle. However, he has the skill set and quick feet to succeed as right tackle in the NFL. He will need some work on his technique and has to become more consistent.

First impressions
Early winners and losers as the Senior Bowl kicks off
Posted: Tuesday January 23, 2007 7:22PM; Updated: Tuesday January 23, 2007 7:31PM
Print ThisE-mail ThisFree E-mail AlertsSave ThisMost PopularRSS Aggregators Facebook

Dwayne Bowe' sure hands and tenacity are making an impression on the NFL's head coaches and general managers in Mobile.
Dwayne Bowe' sure hands and tenacity are making an impression on the NFL's head coaches and general managers in Mobile.
AP

ADVERTISEMENT

By Tony Pauline, Special to SI.com

MOBILE, Ala. -- Amidst the cold and occasional rain, the 2007 Senior Bowl kicked off on Monday morning. One of the most important weeks of scouting leading up to April's draft, the majority of the NFL's head coaches and general managers are in Mobile to scout the nation's top senior talent.

Here's a breakdown of those who've impressed and those who have not the past two days.

Risers

• Dwayne Bowe/WR/LSU: The Tigers' big possession wide out has caught everything thrown his way during the first two practices. Bowe has shown soft, natural hands yet at the same time a mean streak when he must battle for the reception.

• David Irons/CB/Auburn: Over shadowed by his brother (Kenny) throughout college, Irons has stood tall here in Mobile. He has shown the ability to shutdown opponents and has battled hard every day. His efforts have been commended by the coaches and Irons has significantly improved his draft stock.

• Antonio Johnson/DT/Mississippi State: The big athletic tackle has far and away been the best lineman on the South team. Johnson has been quick off the ball and tough to stop. He has bull-rushed defenders off the line or finessed his way past them. NFL scouts always knew Johnson had great potential and he's starting to show it at the Senior Bowl.

• Adam Carriker/DL/Nebraska: If Johnson is the best defensive lineman on the South then Carriker is the best one on the field to date. Carriker has also been impossible to stop, displaying a great combination of power, speed and smarts.

• Tony Hunt/RB/Penn State: Hunt surprised everyone by checking in a little heavier than expected at 239 pounds. Yet that seems to have positively affected his game. Hunt has been a monster carrying the ball on the inside and equally productive as a blocker.

Sliders

• Joe Newton/TE/Oregon State: The big tight end has looked slow and sluggish. And while he's effectively caught the ball, most of his receptions have come no more than five yards off the line of scrimmage. To make matters worse Newton's blocking has been subpar.

• Fred Bennett/CB/South Carolina: A terrific athlete, Bennett is struggling with his football skills in Mobile. Slow to react, Bennett has gotten beat a number of times and seems to be doing too much thinking and not enough playmaking.

• Marcus McCauley/CB/Fresno State: McCauley has been beaten like a drum the past two days. Consistently giving up deep receptions, McCauley has also allowed numerous catches in underneath coverage.

• Ryan Harris/OL/Notre Dame: While fundamentally sound, Harris has not shown the bulk or strength to stay with Senior Bowl players, never mind NFL stars. Used at both tackle positions, he's been pushed off the ball all week.

7. Ryan Harris - Notre Dame

The same criticisms that Harris heard out of high school he's hearing now, he's not big or strong enough. Harris, 6'4.5'' 305, is unquestionably athletic enough to play the tackle position. He plays with very good technique and has been a starter on the Irish line for 3 and half years. Extremely smart and dedicated, Ryan won't get beat around the edge by a speed rusher. Was on MTV's True Life: I want the perfect body coming out of high school, the episode focused on him trying to add mass to quite those who said he wasn't big enough to play at Notre Dame. After an excellent 4 years in South Bend, Harris will need to again prove he's big and strong enough to play at the next level. Is considered a bit of a project by some teams, as he may very well have to sit for a year while he lives in the gym. Will probably be availabe in round 4 when some team with some the benefit of waiting on him could get a real player in the future.

Simple Jaded
02-08-2008, 10:17 PM
Ryan Harris is the quintessential Denver Broncos offensive lineman......Ya!......

BOSSHOGG30
02-11-2008, 12:32 PM
NFL | Leonard chooses agent
Mon, 11 Feb 2008 09:06:28 -0800

Larry Rule, of Rule Management, has confirmed LS Colin Leonard, of Clemson, has chose Rule Management Group as his representation. Leonard, a three-year starter at Clemson, is draft eligible for 2008.

broncosinindy
02-13-2008, 08:57 PM
if none of the guys DT wise slip id trade down. and i would seriously consider clady at twelve