PDA

View Full Version : Clady Recognized for Fundamentals

Denver Native (Carol)
12-08-2009, 03:53 PM
http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/clady-recognized-for-fundamentals/

Ryan Clady has been recognized as an example for youth football players because of his fundamentals.

USA Football, the sport’s national governing body on youth and amateur levels, and the NFL Players Association selected Clady along with 25 other NFL players to the inaugural USA Football/NFLPA “All-Fundamentals” Team. This 26-man roster honors the NFL’s most fundamentally-sound players who also commit themselves to service in their communities.

Clady was selected as an example particularly for aspiring offensive tackles to emulate because of his quick hands in pass protection.

In addition to his fundamentally-strong play, Clady does exemplary work in the Boise, Idaho, community. His efforts have benefitted the Ada County (Idaho) Sheriff’s Employees Association and many other local causes.

As part of this honor, Clady will designate a youth or high school football program to receive a $1,500 equipment grant from USA Football. He will also receive a pewter-dipped “All-Fundamentals” Team helmet trophy produced by Riddell, USA Football’s official helmet and equipment partner.

GEM
12-08-2009, 04:10 PM
Gotta love Clady!!

Denver Native (Carol)
12-08-2009, 04:13 PM
You can view all winners here

http://www.allfundamentalsteam.com/

Iron Horse72
12-09-2009, 03:29 AM
Well that's pretty cool, I know he has donated money to a local charity near here.

And I think he donated to his high school.

I still need to get my Clady jersey.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-10-2009, 06:41 PM
Nice picture on link - Coach McDaniels and Ryan

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/as-fundamental-as-they-come/

On Tuesday, a six-person committee of both USA Football and NFL Players Association members selected Ryan Clady to the inaugural USA Football/NFLPA “All-Fundamentals” Team. The second-year lineman was recognized as one of the league’s most fundamentally-sound players and a community service activist.

Clady and Head Coach Josh McDaniels reflected on that prestigious honor during a press conference at Dove Valley before the team’s Thursday practice session.

McDaniels called Clady “one of the most athletic left tackles” in the game today, praising the 6-foot-6, 325-pound left tackle’s ability to play with constant effort for 60 minutes.

“In order to be as successful and productive as he’s been at left tackle, you have to be good fundamentally,” McDaniels said. “You can’t guess. You have to use your hands and your feet equally effectively, and he does that. (He’s a) very smart player. He knows what he needs to do, not only in the pass-protection game but also in run blocking. He does a nice job working with the other interior linemen. (This is) a very well-deserved award for him.”

Honored at the left tackle position in part due to his quick hands in pass protection, Clady said fundamentals have been crucial to fulfilling his job description on a daily basis. He credited offensive line coach Rick Dennison for helping him excel at keeping defenders away from the quarterback.

As a part of the award, Clady will choose a youth or high school football program to receive a $1,500 equipment grant from USA Football. Clady said it was a special feeling to be a role model to kids of all ages.

“Kids, college players, they all can learn and get better,” he said.

While Clady said his teammates have already given him a bit of a hard time for winning the award, McDaniels believes the honor is one Clady can share with the entire offensive line.

“Certainly, I think he has one of the finest offensive line coaches in all of football here in Coach Dennison,” McDaniels said. “It says a lot for that whole group, and I’m sure that group will be happy for him and his success.”

dogfish
12-10-2009, 07:42 PM
yep. . . just be like clady, kids, and you too can be super awesome. . . .

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
12-10-2009, 08:13 PM
Clady's dreads are impenetrable, no matter how hard Richard Seymour tries.

Clady is the truth.

Requiem / The Dagda
12-10-2009, 09:01 PM
Clady don't got dreads anymore, homie.