PDA

View Full Version : Will is be a Super Bowl or "Super Bore"

Medford Bronco
01-31-2008, 07:10 PM
Will this years Super Bowl be a great game or will it be “Super Bore”

I am far from a Patriots fan but believe me, I feel that they will finish history in the making and win the game in pretty easy fashion, in the 14-17 pt range. To give Bill Bellicheck two weeks to prepare for the same team that they faced less than a month ago, tells me that the Pats will have every wrinkle available to confuse Eli Manning and cause him to stop playing turnover free football. The Pats have shown they can win a game 56-10, 38-35 or 20-10. This team has won games with a great defensive performance like they did against SD, holding them to 4 FGs and has won some games simply by outlasting their opponents like they did in the prior meeting with the Giants.

For the Giants to have any chance to win this game, they need to have a few different things happen. First they must control the ball with their very good running game led by Brandon Jacobs with Ahmed Bradshaw being the change of pace back. Second, Eli must continue his good play since the last game of the season vs NE where he has thrown 8 tds and only 1 pick (late in the NE game). Lastly the Giants must get a non-offensive score, either a punt block, kick/punt return, into return or a fumble return for a TD. Eli will have to continue to find Plaxico Burress and Amani Toomer. This tandem has been outstanding since Jeremy Shockey broke his leg late in the season. Also the Giants must try to pressure Brady with their very good d line led by Michael Strahan and Osi Umenyiora. They have to bring it and mix in coverage with blitz packages or Brady will shred their depleted secondary like he did to Jax, who did not blitz in their playoff game.

The Pats must guard against overconfidence but with their history of being in these spots and Led by Brady they will succeed in my humble opinion. Brady has had arguably the best season off all time a QB has had and for anyone to deny that is just a hater. Heck I am not a fan but have admired his ability to just be so cool under pressure and always seem to make the correct decision on this throws. Yes he did not play well vs SD but when he had to make plays, he continually got his passes completed to Welker, Faulk and Stallworth as SD did a great job taking Moss away. Laurence Maroney has also succeeded in the playoffs and I think he has gained a lot of confidence and will have another good game vs the Giants.

My final analysis has NE winning this game 34-17. As good as the Giants have been, I just do not see them keeping up with NE, who is built to succeed in great weather with their phenomenal passing game and will not have to worry about cold NE weather or wind vs the Giants. I hope its closer but I just do not see it happening.

East Coast Fan
01-31-2008, 07:19 PM
I think you're right, Med. But I sure would like to see the Giants knock 'em off that unbeaten streak, though it's highly unlikely. There's times when I look at the Giants and think "how the heck did they get here?" but they did. And Trent Dilfer had a really good observation on why he thought that Eli was playing so well; he doesn't have the distraction that he had when Tiki Barber was talking of retiring while he was still playing and he doesn't have Shockey griping about not getting the ball. It makes sense! I would say "go Giants" but something inside me CAN'T because I remember the '86 Super Bowl where I still say WE SHOULD'VE BEATEN "EM!!!!! :mad:;)

Watchthemiddle
01-31-2008, 07:43 PM
Med I think you are right.

NY had their chance with a 12 point lead to beat them week 17 and couldn't pull it off.

I think even if it were close and NY had a lead even going into the 4th, NE is just too good and not crumbling and will pull it out.

Devilspawn
01-31-2008, 10:34 PM
Mark this score: 31-23. Halftime score: 10-10.

I think the game will be exciting as a whole, but the first 20 minutes, with the teams playing it safe and running a lot, will be boring. It will set up for an exciting climax where I feel the Pats will score 14 points on consecutive drives.

I don't think it will have the excitement of the Pats-Panthers game, which I think was the best Superbowl over the last ten years. But it wll be far from boring all-around.

Quick note: Most boring superbowl: SB XVI, 49ers vs. Bengals. Just blah.

OB
02-01-2008, 12:09 AM
For my baby boys sake I hope to god the giants pull it off - but every sign points to the pats :mad:

broncogirl7
02-01-2008, 01:08 AM
I'm looking forward to the game and think it will be a pretty close game (I hope).
I REALLY want the Giants to win!! It would be the best birthday present ever (since the Broncos aren't playing, a girl has to have substitute to root for...)...

dogfish
02-01-2008, 03:38 AM
i think the G-men can hang around for a quarter or two, but that's probably it. . . .

Medford Bronco
02-01-2008, 09:25 AM
Mark this score: 31-23. Halftime score: 10-10.

I think the game will be exciting as a whole, but the first 20 minutes, with the teams playing it safe and running a lot, will be boring. It will set up for an exciting climax where I feel the Pats will score 14 points on consecutive drives.

I don't think it will have the excitement of the Pats-Panthers game, which I think was the best Superbowl over the last ten years. But it wll be far from boring all-around.

Quick note: Most boring superbowl: SB XVI, 49ers vs. Bengals. Just blah.

Nice thoughs DS. I hope you are right and then I have 3 and 1 for the square pool;)

My most boring Super bowls were the Denver vs SF lousy one for us Bronco fans and then the last Giants vs Ravens game sucked as well.

those are my Super Bores...

Best..... biased of course.....Broncos vs Pack then Pats vs Carolina, then the Rams vs the Titans...... most enjoyable for us Bronco fans Broncs vs Atlanta

BOSSHOGG30
02-01-2008, 02:15 PM
I smell an upset!

Medford Bronco
02-01-2008, 02:34 PM
I smell an upset!

I smell wishful thinking but it would be nice if it did happen:salute:

Medford Bronco
02-04-2008, 09:24 AM
I was wrong. I was wrong and I love it. :D

OB
02-04-2008, 12:10 PM

For once Im glad you were wrong to Med - I was so psyched over that game last night - almost lost my voice - I had to go in the kitchen of the rest to watch the last drive of the giants (after eli scrambled out of those sacks and Tyree caught that pass) I was just so pumped I had to watch the rest in privacy

It def. was not a boring superbowl any way you look at it -

Next to Elways aerial move in the GB SB - this had to be one of the best plays i have ever seen :beer:

MOtorboat
02-04-2008, 12:45 PM

I was dead wrong too...

BroncoBJ
02-06-2008, 06:13 AM
Med you were right:

the 14-17 pt range

You predicted 17-14 Giants. :salute:

:lol: