PDA

View Full Version : Who is our best player?

broncofaninfla
12-08-2009, 09:53 AM
Who would you say is currently our best player?

scottieboy561
12-08-2009, 09:57 AM
our most explosive player imo has to be Marshall he can just take over games like in the dallas game.

most consistent on offense would have to be Clady. what has he given up this year 2 sacks?

defense i would have to say dumervil, bailey, and dawkins are all playing fantastic. i dont think i could pick one. but if i did maybe Bailey just because of his ability to cut the field in half and make playing defense a bit easier.

broncofaninfla
12-08-2009, 10:01 AM
I went with Marshall. The kid just seems to be getting better with each week and has shown he can take over a game.

drewloc
12-08-2009, 10:06 AM
I went with Clady, dude is consistent, and just dominates. We wouldn't have nearly the time to throw if he wasn't in there.

Dirk
I chose Orton.

The reason is without his ability to not "lose" the game for us, we wouldn't be where we are today. Obviously Simms wouldn't have gotten us here and no one knows what Brandstater could/would do.

2nd pick would be Dawkins. His presence on the field is noticable. When he isn't out there the defense seems to be lost at times.

Italianmobstr7
Clady has given up 4 sacks this year, and while that's not bad in any sort of way, I think that Marshall is our best player. He or Dumervil. There's times even Dumervil disappears though. Marshall has been a TD machine and he's great breaking tackles and going up and getting the ball. It's hard for me not to mention Champ as I've been a huge fan, but I think that Marshall is just a tad bit better.

Requiem / The Dagda
12-08-2009, 10:31 AM
Tom Brandstater.

Wait, I'll give it to Brandon Marshall for our best player offensively. Defensively, I feel that Elvis Dumervil has been exceptional this year. I'm not sure that they are our most talented players though.

claymore
12-08-2009, 10:42 AM
Kyle Orton. Without a doubt.

Dreadnought
12-08-2009, 10:43 AM
Kyle Orton. Without a doubt.

:tsk:

Champ Bailey. Worth twice what we gave up for him :coffee:

EastCoastBronco
12-08-2009, 10:45 AM
I'm probably confusing "best" with "essential" here but from my observations, if Orton is not playing, we don't even have a chance to win. Nobody else can drive this car.

Gamechanger
12-08-2009, 10:46 AM
that Dumervil guy

he's the only pass rush you guys have

claymore
12-08-2009, 10:50 AM
:tsk:

Champ Bailey. Worth twice what we gave up for him :coffee:

We gave up a 1500 yard 14-15 TD RB for a guy that helped less than a punter would.

All teams had to do was avoid bailey. thats it. They could throw anywhere else on the field.

Dirk
12-08-2009, 10:56 AM
We gave up a 1500 yard 10-15 TD RB for a guy that helped less than a punter would.

All teams had to do was avoid bailey. thats it. They could throw anywhere else on the field.

Umm...that's the point. He is good enough to warrant not throwing at him most of the time. Remember the end of the Dallas game this year?

claymore
12-08-2009, 11:02 AM
Umm...that's the point. He is good enough to warrant not throwing at him most of the time. Remember the end of the Dallas game this year?

Think of the number of plays you remember champ making. I bet they dont equal the amount of TD's Portis has.

You cant take portis out of the game without sacrificing something else. You can take Bailey out of the game pretty easily without giving up anything.

The lone exception might be this year, but he is far past his prime.

slim
12-08-2009, 11:05 AM
Good Lord, not this again.

Dreadnought
12-08-2009, 11:09 AM
Good Lord, not this again.

I know - its my fault really. I knew if I posted that Claymore would go all

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:4-b9SlUP1N2efM:http://members.speedguide.net/sava700/cornholio.jpg

Bailey isn't really our best player. Hillis is...

Requiem / The Dagda
12-08-2009, 11:09 AM
that Dumervil guy

he's the only pass rush you guys have

Our linebackers have actually been doing a solid job rushing the passer. Davis and Williams have been able to get to the quarterback multiple times, some of the best numbers of their career. We just need Ayers, Haggan or another OLB to provide additional help to Elvis off the edge.

claymore
12-08-2009, 11:13 AM
I know - its my fault really. I knew if I posted that Claymore would go all

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:4-b9SlUP1N2efM:http://members.speedguide.net/sava700/cornholio.jpg

Bailey isn't really our best player. Hillis is...

Im going to troll you in the P&R forum! We need a global tax!!!!!!

Gamechanger
12-08-2009, 11:21 AM
Our linebackers have actually been doing a solid job rushing the passer. Davis and Williams have been able to get to the quarterback multiple times, some of the best numbers of their career. We just need Ayers, Haggan or another OLB to provide additional help to Elvis off the edge.

but who gives those LB's the opportunity?

you said SOLID, so I ask

claymore
12-08-2009, 11:25 AM

you said SOLID, so I ask

Dumerville will be wearing Mannings spleen as a trophy next Sunday night!!!!!!

Gamechanger
12-08-2009, 11:27 AM
Dumerville will be wearing Mannings spleen as a trophy next Sunday night!!!!!!

the game wasn't flexed

and Freeney will make Kyle Orton's ankles as a trophy

claymore
12-08-2009, 11:29 AM
the game wasn't flexed

and Freeney will make Kyle Orton's ankles as a trophy

That is suicide. Ortons ankles are made oput of napalm.

Requiem / The Dagda
12-08-2009, 11:30 AM

you said SOLID, so I ask

I'm not sure what you are getting at here, but I will dabble. I think that Dumervil commands some special attention so it frees up the likes of Williams and Davis. A lot of it, in my eyes, has to do with scheme. Nolan loves blitzing and sending his athletic linebackers at the quarterback. Sacks happen for a variety of reasons, to try and point out exactly why wouldn't be possible. I'm sure it is a combination of things I've mentioned, and some I haven't. That is how life works.

weazel
12-08-2009, 11:35 AM
Brandon Lloyd

Gamechanger
12-08-2009, 11:35 AM
I'm not sure what you are getting at here, but I will dabble. I think that Dumervil commands some special attention so it frees up the likes of Williams and Davis. A lot of it, in my eyes, has to do with scheme. Nolan loves blitzing and sending his athletic linebackers at the quarterback. Sacks happen for a variety of reasons, to try and point out exactly why wouldn't be possible. I'm sure it is a combination of things I've mentioned, and some I haven't. That is how life works.

that's where i'm getting at

and even with the blitzes (though they may be effective), they are always dangerous when they are picked up or don't get to the person

like with us and Freeney, you take away Dumervil from the line-up, you have a lesser chance of getting pressure, Dumervil is the difference maker for your team

MileHighCrew
12-08-2009, 11:44 AM
I went Clady but you can't go wrong with so many. I think Marshall is top 3 if not #1 in the NFL today! I think Clady is #1 in the NFL hands down. I think Moreno ROY no question. Doom top sack list so there is his value. DJ Williams is the most underrated player in the NFL and the best LB in the league. Champ is an all time great, maybe the best ever. I think we have a pretty solid team.

weazel
12-08-2009, 11:49 AM
Hillis is the best player on this team by far. Did you not see what he did at the end of the KC game?

Hard to say best, Marshall is a gamebreaker for sure. Dum' is great but I dont think he's here next season.

Lonestar
12-08-2009, 12:23 PM
If you take each player out of the. Current line up and see how the team does, then it is hands down two players Orton and dawkins.

Both have missed time and their side of the team just was not the same.

Marshall played a minor role in those first 4-5 games. None of the RB's have dominated so far good but not huge difference makers. Same for TE, other DB's LB's. Or Oline.
Clady a great player that lately has been less than his normal self.

My vote goes to Dawkins as MVP although that was not the real question HE IMHO has meant the most to this team this year.

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel.

honz
12-08-2009, 12:27 PM
Our best player and biggest game changer from a pure skills standpoint is Marshall hands down, but is he our Most Valuable Player? I'm not so sure. That may be Dawkins, Orton, or Clady.

Scratch that, Peyton Hillis is our best player by far.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
12-08-2009, 12:32 PM
Clady, Marshall, Dawkins, Bailey, Orton in that order.

Timmy!
12-08-2009, 12:33 PM
Berger. It's not even close.

Buff
12-08-2009, 01:39 PM
Marshall
Doom
Clady
Dawk
Champ
Andra Davis

In that order.

scottieboy561
12-08-2009, 01:50 PM
Josh Mc Daniels can i pick him? coach of the year? if the Manning's weren't winning so many damm games lol

slim
12-08-2009, 01:53 PM
I voted for Orton, because I love him.

Dortoh
12-08-2009, 01:54 PM
Tned and Clay were players in their day but that day is long gone. I'd say Frau is a pretty big time playa.

As far as the Broncos go we seem to manage to win with Orton on the field so I'd say our defense as a whole gets the award.

Gamechanger
12-08-2009, 01:57 PM
Tned and Clay were players in their day but that day is long gone. I'd say Frau is a pretty big time playa.

As far as the Broncos go we seem to manage to win with Orton on the field so I'd say our defense as a whole gets the award.

:superbackhand:

topscribe
12-08-2009, 02:29 PM
That is suicide. Ortons ankles are made oput of napalm.

I'm going to save up the money to buy an Orton and a Hillis jersey, and I'm going to send them to you.

. . . and a picture of the goat . . .

-----

claymore
12-08-2009, 02:30 PM
I'm going to save up the money to buy an Orton and a Hillis jersey, and I'm going to send them to you.

. . . and a picture of the goat . . .

-----

They will go right next to my lynch, plummer, and cutler jersey's. All useless garments.

WARHORSE
12-08-2009, 02:43 PM
Josh McDaniels.

JDL
12-08-2009, 06:10 PM
Dawkins has the biggest impact... when he isn't in there the entire D has stunk and looked VERY similar to last year. Clady is a close second, but no player has such a widespread influence on his teammates and their play as does Dawkins.

Guy is a born leader and that is more important than on-field talent (which he has plenty of too, btw.)

sacmar
12-08-2009, 06:29 PM
Andre' Goodman.

Skinny
12-08-2009, 06:51 PM
Andre' Goodman.:werd: