PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo Sports: Broncos Team Report 12/8/09

TXBRONC
12-08-2009, 09:35 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/den/report

Broncos Team Report

If the Broncos can beat Kansas City and Oakland, they would get to 10 wins and likely earn a playoff berth. Based on their performances against other losing teams, that seems like a good bet.

In a league in which letdowns lead to surprise losses just about every week, the Broncos have played well against losing teams. They beat Oakland by 20, Cleveland by 21 and Kansas City by 31 on Sunday. The only loss to a losing team came against Washington, but the Broncos led at halftime in a game in which Kyle Orton was knocked out with an ankle injury.

The Broncos play the 12-0 Colts this week, so the game against the Chiefs was one they easily could have overlooked. Instead, they led the entire way.

"They came out here and played with a lot of energy," Broncos coach Josh McDaniels said. "We knew we would be the only ones to bring it today from our side, and I thought they were really into the game, executed early and stayed with it for 60 minutes."

The Broncos have had a tough schedule this season, but are 8-4 with a good chance of making the playoffs as a wild-card team if they don't catch San Diego in the AFC West. They have taken advantage of the soft spots in their schedule.

"In this league, if you're not prepared on Sunday, you can lose no matter who you play," running back Correll Buckhalter said. "If we didn't prepare ourselves through the week and didn't come out and execute today, we would have lost to the Chiefs."

Italianmobstr7
12-08-2009, 10:08 AM
Love hearing that attitude. 1 game at a time, take no team lighter than the other no matter the record. I think we can beat the Colts but it will be very tough. Thankfully we can lose that game and still probably make the playoffs.

TXBRONC
12-08-2009, 12:29 PM
Love hearing that attitude. 1 game at a time, take no team lighter than the other no matter the record. I think we can beat the Colts but it will be very tough. Thankfully we can lose that game and still probably make the playoffs.

I agree in that I think the Colts are beatable but getting it done will be a tall order.

Lonestar
12-08-2009, 01:15 PM
Well the colts can make some history on Sunday or they can play a trap game.
Time will tell which team showup.

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel.

slim
12-08-2009, 01:20 PM
Broncos win.

Chargers lose.

Hello, AFC west :yo:

Dirk
12-08-2009, 01:23 PM
I'm totally optimistic that we can beat the Colts.

"Play Broncos football for 60's minutes and we will come out on top"!

Ravage!!!
12-08-2009, 01:24 PM
How is this a trap game for the colts???

Any given Sunday in the NFL, any team can find the other team on the right week. The colts are bound to lose a game sometime this season. The odds aren't with us, but at the same time, the odds are slimming for the Colts.

I don't think we win, but I don't think its a 'trap game' for the Colts either.

slim
12-08-2009, 01:27 PM
How is this a trap game for the colts???

Any given Sunday in the NFL, any team can find the other team on the right week. The colts are bound to lose a game sometime this season. The odds aren't with us, but at the same time, the odds are slimming for the Colts.

I don't think we win, but I don't think its a 'trap game' for the Colts either.

Yeah, clearly not a "trap game".

But I like our odds...they can't win 'em all.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
12-08-2009, 01:27 PM
I don't believe in trap games, underdogs, upsets, not being what your record is, that's all bullshit to me.
I believe in emotion and momentum, and most importantly BLOCKING AND TACKLING. That's how you win the game.

Lonestar
12-08-2009, 02:31 PM
By trap game for them I mean they are flying high whooping up on most teams. And we are and have been their patsies for ever.

Yes I know on any given day anyone can win.

But either they are going to open a can of whoop ass or look past us as they belive they have our number.

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel.