PDA

View Full Version : Broncos prepare for unbeaten Colts

Lonestar
12-08-2009, 12:03 AM
By Lindsay H. Jones
The Denver Post
Posted: 12/07/2009 12:51:56 PM MST
Updated: 12/07/2009 04:37:23 PM MST

Peyton Manning (Post file)Just how long does it take to fly from Kansas City to Denver?

The answer is about how long the Broncos spent celebrating Sunday's dominating 44-13 victory against the Chiefs.

Coach Josh McDaniels gave players Monday off, but back at Dove Valley, the coaching staff's focus is entirely on the undefeated Indianapolis Colts and quarterback Peyton Manning, who the Broncos play at Lucas Oil Stadium on Sunday.

"To me, this is the ultimately complimentary football team," McDaniels said today.

The Colts could clinch home field advantage for the AFC playoffs with a victory against the Broncos. Indianapolis also could extend its regular-season winning streak to 22 games - which would pass New England's streak from 2006-2008, when McDaniels was the Patriots' offensive coordinator.

"My big focus this week is beating them because it'll mean we're 9-4, you know what I mean?" McDaniels said. "I think that's the most important thing for me and our team. If it in some way can derail history, then it is what it is."

Lindsay H. Jones: 303-954-1262 or ljones@denverpost.com

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_13945188?source=rsssimplepiebroncos