PDA

View Full Version : Need input on this trade offer...

Reidman
09-05-2007, 08:52 PM
I posted this on BM as well so disregard if you gave input already...

On behalf of a friend I said I'd post this..

Someone is offering Roy Williams (WR Det) and Rudi Johnson (RB Cin) for LT...

I told him I think it merits consideration because there is a lot of value in those two guys. What do you all think...?

I'll put up a poll.

TXBRONC
09-05-2007, 08:58 PM
Well I don't knnow a whole lot yet about fantasy football but the question that pops into my mind is who else does this person have on his/her team?

Simple Jaded
09-05-2007, 09:02 PM
It would depend on who else he has.....

Tned
09-05-2007, 09:06 PM

LT is probably going to be the best scorer in his league, but if he has multiple holes to fill, then it could be that giving up a great player is worth it to fill multiple slots. If on the other hand he doesn't have a big hole at WR or RB that this will fill, then there is no reason to do it for the sake of doing it. You get no points for players that are on your bench.

TXBRONC
09-05-2007, 09:07 PM

That's the first thought that came to my mind.

Reidman
09-05-2007, 09:11 PM
I honestly can't remember who he has but I know he needs WR help. I have been a bit of an agent to him helping him out. Lets say he needs a WR and LT is obviously his best and only RB...

Simple Jaded
09-05-2007, 09:14 PM
I honestly can't remember who he has but I know he needs WR help. I have been a bit of an agent to him helping him out. Lets say he needs a WR and LT is obviously his best and only RB...

Is this the only trade offer he has?

dogfish
09-05-2007, 09:24 PM
tell him hell no! RB is the most important position in FF-- you don't trade away a guy who's going to get you big points almost every week for a WR. . . i wouldn't, anyways. . . rudi's going to give you 12 TDs, LT will probably have twice as many-- and roy williams loses games every year to hamstring injuries. . . he's better taking a flier on a young WR off the waiver wire than trading the best player on his team. . . .

EDIT: i took a minute to crunch the numbers, and here's another way to look at it (these are according to KFFL scoring, and obviously can vary from league to league). . . last year, LT averaged 25.8 points per week, while rudi averaged 12.5 and RW averaged 10.3. . . LT outscored both of them combined, and only took up one roster spot. . . even if he doesn't match last year's numbers, your friend should keep him and pair him up with a WR who can get him a few points, even if it's nothing big. . .

LT + scrub WR > rudi + roy

broncosinindy
09-08-2007, 04:07 PM
i voted good trade until i had seen you say he doesnt have any running backs