PDA

View Full Version : Predict the outcome of the BRONCOS/Colts game

Nomad
12-06-2009, 07:58 PM
While tonight was great especially knowing our past woes at Arrowhead, the BRONCOS have the same woes in Indy! The coaches/personnel may have changed on both football teams but Peyton Manning remains the same. If the BRONCOS can pressure Manning, the BRONCOS have a good chance of winning, if not he'll slice up the secondary as he has before! BRONCOS won't win a shootout, defense really needs to bring their A+ game!!

Colts 26

BRONCOS 16

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
12-06-2009, 08:02 PM
While tonight was great especially knowing our past woes at Arrowhead, the BRONCOS have the same woes in Indy! The coaches/personnel may have changed on both football teams but Peyton Manning remains the same. If the BRONCOS can pressure Manning, the BRONCOS have a good chance of winning, if not he'll slice up the secondary as he has before! BRONCOS won't win a shootout, defense really needs to bring their A+ game!!

Colts 26

BRONCOS 16

Colts 26, Broncos 31

weazel
12-06-2009, 08:02 PM
wow nomad... let people at least have one night to celebrate before bringing in the negativity of the Indy game! LOL

Day1BroncoFan
12-06-2009, 08:03 PM
nomad = 0-1

Nomad
12-06-2009, 08:04 PM
wow nomad... let people at least have one night to celebrate before bringing in the negativity of the Indy game! LOL

Time to move on weazel!!

Bill Devaroe
12-06-2009, 09:58 PM
35-10 Colts

BroncoWave
12-06-2009, 10:02 PM
I honestly have no idea. We are definitely capable of beating them but I'm just not sure if I see it happening. They are going for the consecutive wins record and they still haven't clinched home field so they will still have alot to play for against us. We will definitely have to bring our A game to have a chance. And if Clady plays like he did against Hali today, we could be in for a long day against Freeny.

Northman
12-06-2009, 10:04 PM
500-3 Broncos

Shazam!
12-06-2009, 10:33 PM
All I know is the Broncos defense will surprise everyone. Including the Colts.

Poet
12-06-2009, 10:37 PM
Colts - 38

Broncos-27

Iron Horse72
12-07-2009, 01:57 AM
Colts - 38

Broncos - 10

Gamechanger
12-07-2009, 02:29 AM
24-17 Colts

shooting a fair one to you guys

Shazam!
12-07-2009, 02:34 AM
The Colts and their fans are gonna be !@#$ing sorry.

1998 role change is coming.

sneakers
12-07-2009, 02:34 AM
The broncos will lose because I will be at the game....the Broncos are 0-5 with me in attendence.

Gamechanger
12-07-2009, 02:35 AM
The Colts and their fans are gonna be !@#$ing sorry.

1998 role change is coming.

by all means let it happen then

and thanks for the SB trophy if you get it right :salute:

BCJ
12-07-2009, 02:54 AM
If we can run and eat up time on the clock, we can win this thing. Not all things being perfect and Manning is god-like, I will say 23-20 Colts. No shame in losing to them. I do feel better about this team going up against a "beatable" Colts team. They are undefeated but lately those wins have become a little scary for the team and their fans. Houston could have won both of those games if the kicker didnt have his head up his ass.

BCJ
12-07-2009, 02:57 AM
The broncos will lose because I will be at the game....the Broncos are 0-5 with me in attendence.

we are going to get you stinky drunk and hook you up with a butchy, skanky ho the night before. Hangover and blackmail will keep you from attending. BTW, maybe you need to pick gimme games instead of teams like the Colts.

EastCoastBronco
12-07-2009, 08:16 AM
To tell you the truth, I'm more worried about the damn Raider game the following week than I am the Indy game. All in all the Indy game is just window dressing.

MasterShake
12-07-2009, 08:19 AM
Our secondary could match up well, and we need to apply pressure on Manning early and often. As others have said, if we can control the ball with the ground game I see no reason not to beat the Colts in a close one. That being said, we can not settle for Field Goals in the red zone. Manning is too talented to let him hang around. If we are not up by at least two possessions with 4 minutes left I would not be comfortable.

Broncos 27 Colts 17.

Dzone
12-07-2009, 08:20 AM
this game is huge for denver. Indy has already clinched. Denver can win this game.

EastCoastBronco
12-07-2009, 08:38 AM
There are 2 ways to beat Indy.
1) Looooooong drives that keep Pey Pey off the field.
2) Constant, intense pressure when he does get on the field.

We are pretty good at the first one. It's the second where we need to prove ourselves. Doom can't do it all.

KCL
12-07-2009, 11:32 AM
this game is huge for denver. Indy has already clinched. Denver can win this game.

Have they clinched already? I thought they had and someone posted in one
of the threads that they hadn't.

drewloc
12-07-2009, 11:38 AM
Have they clinched already? I thought they had and someone posted in one
of the threads that they hadn't.

They've clinched the division, I don't think they've clinched home field throughout though.

Dzone
12-07-2009, 11:45 AM
They have to be in peytons face every damn play, if not, they will get eaten alive

NightTrainLayne
12-07-2009, 11:45 AM
McD has some experience against the Colts that might be valuable. Maybe not, but you know the Colts-Pats games of the last decade have all been very siginificant and important for both teams. Surely McD gleaned something of value.

Still, it's going to be very difficult to win in their house as well as they've been playing as of late. We seem to have gotten some of our swagger back, but I'm just not sure that we can put up the points to keep up with Indy, even with our Defense slowing them down some.

Dzone
12-07-2009, 11:50 AM
Colts O-line rated #1 in NFL

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&statisticCategory=OFFENSIVE_LINE&conference=ALL&role=TM&season=2009&seasonType=REG

Mike
12-07-2009, 12:06 PM
If Denver can run on them like they just ran on the Chiefs then they have a shot.

KCL
12-07-2009, 12:15 PM
If Denver can run on them like they just ran on the Chiefs then they have a shot.

Like I posted in the game thread...Indy isn't the Chiefs..and I know you know this..KC can't stop hardly any team from scoring and can't hardly score at all.I just feel like honestly beating KC wasn't a big accomplishment for Denver...hell we got beat by the Raiders at home.

Requiem / The Dagda
12-07-2009, 12:17 PM
A lot of us are used to seeing Larry Coyer defenses and the like being stripped away by Manning, Wayne and the Colts in the playoffs. However, this is a Mike Nolan defense -- with a 3-4 look, and an incredible swagger to it. I believe that the Broncos will be aggressive with linebacker blitzes on Manning because they are confident that their veteran defensive back corps can play man and one-up on the Colts' receivers.

Additionally, I think the Broncos will attempt to get their running game going against the Colts in order to keep Manning and Co. off the field, and not in sync. It would be a smart move. Denver could have won a few more games this year had they not been owned in the T.O.P. overall. I'm not sure how good the Colts rushing defense is, but I am hopeful our offense can keep it going into next week. A win against the Colts in my eyes would be an unparalleled confidence booster, and would almost secure us a post-season birth.

If we can defeat Indy, we can take anybody. I'm not sure if we will, but I hope we do!

weazel
12-07-2009, 12:32 PM

I'll be waiting outside the stadium with my sniper rifle... mind if I ask what you look like? ;)

weazel
12-07-2009, 12:36 PM
I dont see us getting to Peyton...
I dont see us stopping the passing attack without getting to him...
Having long drives does not kill Indy. Manning just takes the next couple of minutes to score again...
We have no chance if Orton plays the way he did against KC.

Ravage!!!
12-07-2009, 12:40 PM
Colts O-line rated #1 in NFL

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&statisticCategory=OFFENSIVE_LINE&conference=ALL&role=TM&season=2009&seasonType=REG

yeah.. much like Marino always had the #1 rated line and got sacked the fewest. Manning is so good at reading defenses, and so quick to deliver the ball, that teams don't have very many chances to get to him.

We can only run like that if we have a lead. Its easy to run the ball that many times (like we did against the Chiefs) when the other team isn't scoring. We'll need that kind of production from our defense, because the colts can run and they can throw.... and do it MUCH better than the Chiefs do (I do realise you know this already). Just saying that I doubt we'll have the luxury of running the ball as often.

Ravage!!!
12-07-2009, 12:43 PM
This may be a better defense than we've had in the past, but Indy certainly has showed they can score on ANY defense.

I also know that some will want us to do a lot of blitzing, but Peyton's percentages SKYROCKET against the blitz. Manning WANTS teams to blitz. If we don't get pressure with our front four, and we have to rely on blitzing, he'll eat us.

T.K.O.
12-07-2009, 12:47 PM
To tell you the truth, I'm more worried about the damn Raider game the following week than I am the Indy game. All in all the Indy game is just window dressing.

uhhh....if we can beat the colts i think we might just ride the wave to a 12-4 record and the div. title.hardly "window dressing"
the bolts looked good but only beat the browns by 7 points.they will have a much harder time with the likes of ten,cincy and dallas.
this game could be the difference between a road wild card game (or even not making the playoffs) and a home game in the div. round .
about as big as a game can get for the broncos so far.
not to mention its a conf. game and has huge implications for tie breakers:salute:

sanluis
12-07-2009, 12:49 PM
The colts and Eagles games should be losses IMO. I see Denver and the Chargers both going 2-2 to finish the season.

The Colts will be a good match up for Denver. They are more of a finesse team and wont be like Baltimore or the Steelers. The Colts probably will attack Denver just like the Chargers did in the second game. The game will be closer because Kyle's ankle is feeling much better and Denver's health as a team seems to be better.

Nice win in KC in December! That can be very difficult and you guys made it look easy.

CraigHwk
12-07-2009, 01:27 PM
Love my Broncos and all, but we're going to get crushed. :(

slim
12-07-2009, 01:28 PM

Then stop going to games :tsk:

AlWilsonizKING
12-07-2009, 01:30 PM
I have 2 predictions....

#1 If the D shows up and knocks PeyTATO on his arse a buch of times and keeps Wes from catching a ton of balls....

Bronc's - 27
Colts - 24

#2 If the D doesn't show up and blah blah blah blah.....

Bronc's - 21
Colts - 31

Of course I am crossing my fingers for #1......:defense::defense::defense:

PEACE!!!

BroncoWave
12-07-2009, 01:31 PM
uhhh....if we can beat the colts i think we might just ride the wave to a 12-4 record and the div. title.hardly "window dressing"
the bolts looked good but only beat the browns by 7 points.they will have a much harder time with the likes of ten,cincy and dallas.
this game could be the difference between a road wild card game (or even not making the playoffs) and a home game in the div. round .
about as big as a game can get for the broncos so far.
not to mention its a conf. game and has huge implications for tie breakers:salute:

Actually as far as tiebreakers with the Chargers go, we would be better off losing to Indy and beating Philly than vice-versa (obviously I'd like to win both but that will be tough). The reason is because common opponents is a higher division tiebreaker than conference record, and since Philly is a common opponent with SD and Indy isn't, we would be better off beating Philly.

dogfish
12-07-2009, 01:35 PM
Broncos 49 - Colts 3

yea, whatchoo got now GC?

:heh:

outdoor_miner
12-07-2009, 01:42 PM
The colts and Eagles games should be losses IMO.

Really? I think the Eagles game is very winnable. That doesn't mean that we will win, but there is no reason to think the Eagles are a far superior team. I can understand skepticism about the Colts (I'm certainly not holding my breath), but I think the Eagles are not a game where you can chalk up a Broncos loss...

BroncoWave
12-07-2009, 01:44 PM
Really? I think the Eagles game is very winnable. That doesn't mean that we will win, but there is no reason to think the Eagles are a far superior team. I can understand skepticism about the Colts (I'm certainly not holding my breath), but I think the Eagles are not a game where you can chalk up a Broncos loss...

Agreed. They aren't some unbeatable team. They will definitely be tough but I think we could beat them 3 or 4 times out of 10.

KCL
12-07-2009, 01:45 PM

Hell no...the Raiders beat em....:D

Mike
12-07-2009, 01:47 PM
Like I posted in the game thread...Indy isn't the Chiefs..and I know you know this..KC can't stop hardly any team from scoring and can't hardly score at all.I just feel like honestly beating KC wasn't a big accomplishment for Denver...hell we got beat by the Raiders at home.

You don't say.

;)

T.K.O.
12-07-2009, 01:48 PM
Actually as far as tiebreakers with the Chargers go, we would be better off losing to Indy and beating Philly than vice-versa (obviously I'd like to win both but that will be tough). The reason is because common opponents is a higher division tiebreaker than conference record, and since Philly is a common opponent with SD and Indy isn't, we would be better off beating Philly.

so we still want to win right ?j/k:confused:
i realize the philly game is big if we are looking at the div. but what about other afc teams for the wildcard ? this is a conf game and could be the difference between getting a w/c and not.
besides saying this game is'nt important assumes the bolts will win more games than us and i'm not ready to throw in that towell.
did you know that we beat the chiefs by 2 points more than the bolts did? that gives us a slight edge and if we can pound the raiders and chiefs again i know there is some chance that margin of victory could come in to play ,maybe? (not an expert) and expect the broncos to win more games and make it easy for guys like me to figure out :D

KCL
12-07-2009, 01:50 PM
You don't say.

;)

hey...just trying to help you guys decide....:D

BroncoWave
12-07-2009, 01:52 PM
so we still want to win right ?j/k:confused:
i realize the philly game is big if we are looking at the div. but what about other afc teams for the wildcard ? this is a conf game and could be the difference between getting a w/c and not.
besides saying this game is'nt important assumes the bolts will win more games than us and i'm not ready to throw in that towell.
did you know that we beat the chiefs by 2 points more than the bolts did? that gives us a slight edge and if we can pound the raiders and chiefs again i know there is some chance that margin of victory could come in to play ,maybe? (not an expert) and expect the broncos to win more games and make it easy for guys like me to figure out :D

If we finish 3-1 it doesn't matter what the tiebreakers are because we will have the wildcard on lockdown. Even a 2-2 finish gives us a great shot at the WC. But when it comes to division, beating Philly would help us more than beating Indy, although I would obviously love both!

Medford Bronco
12-07-2009, 01:56 PM
I remember in December 2003 the Broncos went into Indy in Dec and beat them 31-17

See the Box Score Here (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200312210clt.htm)

with Q Griffin and Mike Anderson running wild
and Jake had a great game.

Now lets have Moreno and Buckhalter do the same thing

and NO TURNOVERS please.

Go Broncos.

also I want the Pack to win tonight. Go GB

BroncoWave
12-07-2009, 01:59 PM
I remember in December 2003 the Broncos went into Indy in Dec and beat them 31-17

See the Box Score Here (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200312210clt.htm)

with Q Griffin and Mike Anderson running wild
and Jake had a great game.

Now lets have Moreno and Buckhalter do the same thing

and NO TURNOVERS please.

Go Broncos.

also I want the Pack to win tonight. Go GB

Note that Jim Sorgi played that game and the Colts rested a LOT of starters. That game was an anomaly, as the Colts proved the very next week.

If we're gonna beat them, we're gonna have to do it against their best players this time.

Cugel
12-07-2009, 02:07 PM

That's very intricate of you to analyze all that.

But, it's more likely Denver will be competing with the Dolphins, Jets, Ravens, or Steelers for a wild-card berth rather than with the Chargers for the division.

The Chargers may simply win out. They should be favored in every game left on their schedule.

@Dallas -- on paper that looks hard, but it's December and Dallas is tanking again -- as usual. They just lost to the Giants at home and looked BAD doing it. And the Chargers are a better team than the Giants right now as Denver proved by whipping the Giants while being crushed at home by the Chargers.

@TENN -- Tenn was on a roll, and I was hoping that would continue, thus making their game against the Chargers meaningful. Their most recent loss ends their season though. Now they're just playing for pride. They also looked bad in their last loss. The spark of Vince Young returning to the lineup has played itself out. I don't see the Titans putting up much of a fight against SD. Unfortunate.

CIN@ SD -- If the Bengals were playing at home this would be a VERY tough game. Their defense is for real and Carson Palmer has the potential to put up big numbers. The Chargers defense is playing better than they were, but they're still not the Steelers or Ravens out there.

But, it's a home and the Bengals won't be nearly as tough on the road.

@Philly -- THAT is the game that they might lose -- but again they will be favored. Philly desperately needs this game to stay in the race in the tight NFC East. They are 7-5 though and not a great team. Who knows whether the Good Vick or the Bad Vick will emerge? Good Vick makes accurate passes against the Falcons. Bad Vick turns the ball over.

Still this is the best chance for a SD loss.

Too bad the Broncos will be crushed by the Colts. They're unbeaten and I don't think anybody is going to beat them at home. I think they might lose a road game, but otherwise it's going to be 16-0. :coffee: Losing to the Colts probably ends the Broncos division hopes.

Unfortunately for the Colts they will probably have to face the Chargers in the playoffs, and they don't do well against them.

T.K.O.
12-07-2009, 02:13 PM
i tend to look at it this way, if we only expect to be good enough to beat kc twice and oakland in our final 5 games we really will have no business being in the playoffs anyway so.......i say we need to go at least 3-1 in our remaining 4 games and beating the colts is going to go the farthest in giving the broncos the needed "attitude" to make some noise come january !
so this game is HUGENORMOUS !:salute::laugh:

BroncoWave
12-07-2009, 02:20 PM
SD finishes with Washington, not Philly.

And I agree that we will more likely be fighting for a WC, but even if we lose to Indy AND Philly we will still probably get in.

NorthernLights
12-07-2009, 02:25 PM
The Colts need to win this week to clinch home field throughout the playoffs. Timing here sucks for the Broncos because I think if they play one week later, Manning and the rest of the 1st teamers sit most of the game.

I think the Broncos have a chance to beat the Colts anyway, but it will be a more difficult game.

Grover
12-07-2009, 02:37 PM
The Indy offense has been able to exploit our weakest link very consistently in the past. That has been our nickel and dime units. They will throw short trying to beat our blitz, but I think this year they won't be as successful doing that. Law plus our Safeties will be MORE than up to the challenge. I even see Law with a pick.

What I'm concerned about is Manning connecting on the big play with huge yardage. I think the Colts will go after Champ and Goodman, and if those guys are up to the challenge, the Broncos will win.

Broncos 23
Colts 20

On a side note, I would really like to see a big game from Robert Ayers. Heck, I'd even like to see one or two big plays, let alone a whole game. It's time the guy earned his place as a first round pick.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-07-2009, 02:40 PM
I think this is a statement game for McD and the players. They come out running the ball and playing hard. The Colts' lucky streak comes to an end when they finally meet an all pro secondary and an offensive line that can block.

We take the Colts behind the wood shed this week. 24-9 Broncos.

Gamechanger
12-07-2009, 02:51 PM
I think this is a statement game for McD and the players. They come out running the ball and playing hard. The Colts' lucky streak comes to an end when they finally meet an all pro secondary and an offensive line that can block.

We take the Colts behind the wood shed this week. 24-9 Broncos.

Sorgi isn't playing this week :D

HORSEPOWER 56
12-07-2009, 02:58 PM

True, but Mike Shanahan isn't coaching this week, either.

Medford Bronco
12-07-2009, 03:19 PM
Note that Jim Sorgi played that game and the Colts rested a LOT of starters. That game was an anomaly, as the Colts proved the very next week.

If we're gonna beat them, we're gonna have to do it against their best players this time.

Jim Sorgi did not play that game. Read the boxcore please

Denver Broncos 31, Indianapolis Colts 17
1 2 3 4 Final
Denver Broncos (10-5-0) 14 14 0 3 31
Indianapolis Colts (11-4-0) 7 10 0 0 17

Scoring
DEN IND
1st IND Gary Brackett 31 yard interception return (Mike Vanderjagt kick) 0 7
DEN Mike Anderson 2 yard rush (Jason Elam kick) 7 7
DEN Jake Plummer 6 yard rush (Jason Elam kick) 14 7
2nd IND Edgerrin James 16 yard rush (Mike Vanderjagt kick) 14 14
DEN Jake Plummer 1 yard rush (Jason Elam kick) 21 14
DEN Rod Smith 15 yard pass from Jake Plummer (Jason Elam kick) 28 14
IND Mike Vanderjagt 40 yard field goal 28 17
4th DEN Jason Elam 24 yard field goal 31 17

Team Stats
DEN IND
First downs 26 11
Rush-yards-TDs 54-227-3 12-47-1
Comp-Att-Yd-TD-INT 14-17-238-1-1 12-23-146-0-0
Sacked-yards 0-0 2-10
Net pass yards 238 136
Total yards 465 183
Fumbles-lost 3-0 3-0
Turnovers 1 0
Penalties-yards 11-93 6-45

Rushing & Receiving
Passing Rushing Receiving
Tm Cmp Att Yds TD Int Lng Att Yds TD Lng Rec Yds TD Lng
Quentin Griffin DEN 28 136 0 22 1 24 0 24
Jake Plummer DEN 14 17 238 1 1 60 6 22 2 7
Ashley Lelie DEN 5 115 0 60
Mike Anderson DEN 19 56 1 8 1 4 0 4
Rod Smith DEN 1 13 0 13 4 42 1 15
Shannon Sharpe DEN 2 30 0 26
Ed McCaffrey DEN 1 23 0 23
Passing Rushing Receiving
Tm Cmp Att Yds TD Int Lng Att Yds TD Lng Rec Yds TD Lng
Marvin Harrison IND 6 85 0 63
Peyton Manning IND 12 23 146 0 0 63 2 5 0 5
Marcus Pollard IND 4 55 0 27
Edgerrin James IND 10 42 1 16
Brandon Stokley IND 1 5 0 5
Dominic Rhodes IND 1 1 0 1

Defense & Returns
Def Interceptions Fumbles Kick Returns Punt Returns
Tm Sk Int Yds TD Lng FR Yds TD Rt Yds Y/Rt TD Lng Ret Yds Y/R TD Lng
Bertrand Berry DEN 0.5 0 0 0 0
Adrian Madise DEN 0 0 0 0 1 16 16.0 0 0
Deltha O'Neal DEN 0 0 0 0 3 54 18.0 0 0 2 21 10.5 0 0
Trevor Pryce DEN 1.5 0 0 0 0
Def Interceptions Fumbles Kick Returns Punt Returns
Tm Sk Int Yds TD Lng FR Yds TD Rt Yds Y/Rt TD Lng Ret Yds Y/R TD Lng
Gary Brackett IND 1 31 1 0
Dominic Rhodes IND 0 0 0 0 6 169 28.2 0 0

Copyright © 2000-2009 Sports Reference LLC. All rights reserved.

A Sports Reference Site: About PFR | Found a bug or have a suggestion? | Privacy Statement | Conditions & Terms of Service

Most data provided by 24-7 Baseball, creators of the ESPN Pro Football Encyclopedia.

Partner With: FantasyPlayers.com. Contact Fantasy Sports Ventures for advertising information.

Medford Bronco
12-07-2009, 03:22 PM

and he did not play in the game from 03 when Portis was hurt.
Yes maybe a fluke but I remember it vividly when Plummer played great and Denver won in Indy

Ravage!!!
12-07-2009, 04:58 PM

Yeah.. thats the same thing I heard people say when San Diego was coming to Denver. "Shanahan's not here, no more getting blown out by division rivals." :pout:

dogfish
12-07-2009, 06:16 PM
i predict gamechanger will cry like a little girl. . . . :coffee:

Timmy!
12-07-2009, 06:25 PM
Broncos: 23
Colts: 21

:heh:

Timmy!
12-07-2009, 06:39 PM

Not true. You're thinking of the 2004 game in Denver, where the Broncos had to win to get in the playoffs, and Indy sat everybody after 1 drive (same game where Lynch put that killer shot on Dallas Clark and got fined.) Indy then destroyed us the next week (wildcard round) in Indy.

The 2003 game wasn't the last game of the season, and Portis was hurt. It was 6 years ago, but we kicked their butts that game, only to get crushed in Indy several weeks later (with a healthy Portis).

broncophan
12-07-2009, 06:41 PM
30-20 denver....

Kaylore
12-07-2009, 08:41 PM
I actually think we match up well against the Colts. I'm not expecting to win, but we actually can win and it wouldn't surprise me if we did.

Broncos 20 Colts 17

Denver Native (Carol)
12-07-2009, 08:52 PM
My prediction - BRONCOS - MORE, :salute: Colts - LESS :elefant:

Skinny
12-07-2009, 10:04 PM
24-17, Broncos.

BroncoWave
12-08-2009, 01:25 AM
Not true. You're thinking of the 2004 game in Denver, where the Broncos had to win to get in the playoffs, and Indy sat everybody after 1 drive (same game where Lynch put that killer shot on Dallas Clark and got fined.) Indy then destroyed us the next week (wildcard round) in Indy.

The 2003 game wasn't the last game of the season, and Portis was hurt. It was 6 years ago, but we kicked their butts that game, only to get crushed in Indy several weeks later (with a healthy Portis).

Ah ok thanks! I totally forgot about that game!

shank
12-08-2009, 01:27 AM
27-24 broncos

Gamechanger
12-08-2009, 09:51 AM
I expect 22 straight reg. season wins AND home-field advantage

choke on that, dog....:coffee:

broncofaninfla
12-08-2009, 09:59 AM
Superstition won't allow me to make a prediction this week, I just hope we show up....

Should be a good game.

GEM
12-08-2009, 12:55 PM

And more importantly...we have a secondary and defense.

GEM
12-08-2009, 01:04 PM
Denver 24 Indy 21

girler
12-08-2009, 01:10 PM
My prediction - BRONCOS - MORE, :salute: Colts - LESS :elefant:

This. :D

Ravage!!!
12-08-2009, 01:27 PM

If I were to select a side of the ball I'm worried about in this game, its not the defense. Indy is going to score on ANY defense. Its our offense able to score and keep up with Indy is my concern.

Gamechanger
12-08-2009, 01:38 PM

we have the sheriff :D

claymore
12-08-2009, 01:41 PM
Colts 44 Broncos 13

slim
12-08-2009, 01:42 PM
Colts 44 Broncos 13

Troll.

Gamechanger
12-08-2009, 01:43 PM
Colts 44 Broncos 13

if that's right come sunday i'll buy you a Cutler jersey

deal?

claymore
12-08-2009, 01:43 PM
if that's right come sunday i'll buy you a Cutler jersey

deal?

Vanderbilt and its a deal!!!!

Dortoh
12-08-2009, 01:47 PM
If coach forehead is playing I dont care for our odds to be honest.

WARHORSE
12-08-2009, 02:40 PM
The Dolts have only beaten three teams with a winning record. The other 9 are .500 or lower.

We match up well, and we will be running the rock against them, just like Miami did.

As for the "Broncos" fans who predict a loss.............SUCKAS!

Take your predictions and stick em up the epicenter of your knowledge.:coffee:

BRONCOS 28

Peytons Pigeons 17

Gamechanger
12-08-2009, 02:54 PM
The Dolts have only beaten three teams with a winning record. The other 9 are .500 or lower.

We match up well, and we will be running the rock against them, just like Miami did.

As for the "Broncos" fans who predict a loss.............SUCKAS!

Take your predictions and stick em up the epicenter of your knowledge.:coffee:

BRONCOS 28

Peytons Pigeons 17

what does a winning/losing schedule have to do with the price of tea in China?

IIRC, you guys lost to Washington :coffee:

and the "run on us" theory, how did that work for the other "running teams" we have faced

Poet
12-08-2009, 03:10 PM
what does a winning/losing schedule have to do with the tea in China?

and the "run on us" theory, how did that work for the other "running teams" we have faced

Shut up ho ass GC, Reggie Wayne likes men! OOOOoOooOoooooOOooOh!

:victoriousfatman:

slim
12-08-2009, 03:11 PM
what does a winning/losing schedule have to do with the tea in China?

with the PRICE of tea in China...that is the how the saying goes.

claymore
12-08-2009, 03:14 PM
Man **** China!!!!!

slim
12-08-2009, 03:16 PM
Man **** China!!!!!

OK, but I'm gonna have to wear a condom.

claymore
12-08-2009, 03:19 PM

Careful for their SARS flavored tea.

Poet

Rawdog it, if you get China pregnant we could use you to lessen our debt. Or, you could move to another country, leave it alone, and never raise your new country; Slina.

BroncoNut
I think that it will be 28-33 Denver.

slim
12-08-2009, 03:21 PM
Careful for their SARS flavored tea.

SARS flavored tea is the perfect compliment to roasted Lassie.

claymore
12-08-2009, 03:23 PM
SARS flavored tea is the perfect compliment to roasted Lassie.

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/03_01/CagedCatsMOS0703_468x572.jpg

Gamechanger
12-08-2009, 03:28 PM
Shut up ho ass GC, Reggie Wayne likes men! OOOOoOooOoooooOOooOh!

:victoriousfatman:

chile please

claymore
12-08-2009, 03:29 PM
chile please

I want to see you and King in a 69 someday.

sanluis
12-08-2009, 03:34 PM

Sure it is winnable I never said it wasn't... But Denver is playing Philly in Philly
and that is a tough place to steal a game IMO. I would think that Philly is favored to win by 3 or 4 points just because they are the home team.

IndyColts#1
12-08-2009, 03:44 PM

We'll gladly welcome you to the game and promise to treat you nice, unlike Browns and Ravens fans.

The Colts are very business like this year. There has been little discussion about strreaks and records and simply winning the next game. While the Broncos have upgraded their DB's, I think they are still at a disadvantage when it comes to Peyton and all of his capable receivers. Especialyl if Garcon has another up game. Even though it's his second year, he's basically a rookie goven he saw very little playing time last year. This year he has been either extremely good or fair. He's fast fast and very strong for a WR. If he has a game like he did against the Cards or Titans you are in trouble. The other thing about the Colts this year is the running game. The numbers don't show anything spectacular, but when they have had to run, they've done quite well. The Colts two rookie corners are playing like seasoned vets and each week they come up with an int or big play, right when they needed one. I like the Colts to win 27 - 20.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
12-08-2009, 03:44 PM
Sure it is winnable I never said it wasn't... But Denver is playing Philly in Philly
and that is a tough place to steal a game IMO. I would think that Philly is favored to win by 3 or 4 points just because they are the home team.

One week at a time.

T.K.O.
12-08-2009, 09:45 PM
One week at a time.

one "WIN" at a time !

T.K.O.
12-08-2009, 09:52 PM
i think denver has one shot at beating the colts.......RUN THE BALL !
we need both bucky and moreno to have their best games of the year.
keep manning on the pine,dont let him get any kind of groove goin'
if we can keep it close in the 1st half and wear down the colts D with sustained drives (even if they end in fg's)
this game will come down to "BALL CONTROL"...i realize its redundant to say but this week it is absolutely critical that we keep the ball in the offenses hands... we CAN beat these guys but the key is to limit mannings opportunities to......be manning.
T.O.P. will decide this matchup....we keep the ball for 38 minutes we win !!!!!!
broncos 31-27:salute:

BroncoWave
12-08-2009, 09:58 PM
i think denver has one shot at beating the colts.......RUN THE BALL !
we need both bucky and moreno to have their best games of the year.
keep manning on the pine,dont let him get any kind of groove goin'
if we can keep it close in the 1st half and wear down the colts D with sustained drives (even if they end in fg's)
this game will come down to "BALL CONTROL"...i realize its redundant to say but this week it is absolutely critical that we keep the ball in the offenses hands... we CAN beat these guys but the key is to limit mannings opportunities to......be manning.
T.O.P. will decide this matchup....we keep the ball for 38 minutes we win !!!!!!
broncos 31-27:salute:

The Dolphins held the ball for 45 minutes and lost to them. Along with ball control, we still have to play great defense while they do have the ball to have a chance.

slim
12-08-2009, 10:03 PM
The Dolphins held the ball for 45 minutes and lost to them. Along with ball control, we still have to play great defense while they do have the ball to have a chance.

Yeah, but the dolphins suck :listen:

T.K.O.
12-08-2009, 10:28 PM

i'm assuming if we have the ball 38 min we will have 30 points or better to show for it.....point being keep manning on the bench we have shown that bucky and moreno can get it done in the red zone.
i just dont want to see a shoot out between manning and orton (even though orton has proved he wins more that he loses)
i think we go into indy knowing its a much BIGGER game for us than it is for them......if we cant bring our best ....its gonna be a struggle to stay in the race.
i think josh has the keys ots up to orton,marshall,buckhalter and moreno to put the pedal to the metal and shock the league !
i could'nt help but notice in the countless hours of post game chatter on espn and nfln about the steelers and ravens and cowboys.....blah blah blah....
that there was little mention about the 8-4 broncos and the likelyhood that they might.....just might still take the afcw or at least make the playoffs .
i think the "experts" as well as alot of broncos fans are gunshy after last years debacle (not to mention the november meltdown this year)
i,as always,am going to stay positive til' the bitter end....i think s.d. goes 2-2 and we go 3-1....dont know if there are tiebreakers that favor us and we can win the div. that way....but i hope so and believe it's possible til it aint !:salute::beer:

Ravage!!!
12-08-2009, 10:35 PM
wow... we are going to score 1 point for every minute we hold the ball?

No mention of teh Broncos, because we beat the Chiefs. No one is going to consider that an accomplishment.

But I'm with you. We need our defense to play lights out, because we can't have this be some kind of shootout between Manning and Orton.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-08-2009, 10:45 PM
After thinking about it a little, I don't think the Colts secondary has an answer for Brandon Marshall. Rookie corners vs the beast? Even with Safety help your looking at Bethea and Bullitt. Marshall and Orton should be licking their chops. Remeber, the Pats almost won the game and they really haven't been playing very well of late.

I really think we have a shot to win this game. The one thing that we've got this time that we didn't have in the past is MIKE MF'N NOLAN!

Gamechanger
12-08-2009, 10:47 PM
After thinking about it a little, I don't think the Colts secondary has an answer for Brandon Marshall. Rookie corners vs the beast? Even with Safety help your looking at Bethea and Bullitt. Marshall and Orton should be licking their chops. Remeber, the Pats almost won the game and they really haven't been playing very well of late.

I really think we have a shot to win this game. The one thing that we've got this time that we didn't have in the past is MIKE MF'N NOLAN!

ask Fitzy, Welker, Boldin, A. Johnson, and Moss about those rookie corners

and almost NEVER counts :coffee:

Ravage!!!
12-08-2009, 10:52 PM
I think we have a chance. Just as any team has a chance any given Sunday. The Colts have had a lot of close calls this season, and, they are due for a loss. Its always around this many games in a row that teams fall. Its just something that happens. So I won't be overly shocked if we pull the upset. It won't mean I think we are as good as the Colts...because even the Raider beat the Steelers.

But Bethea has a lot of experience because whats-his-name is ALWAYS hurt.

Its going to come down to us being able to score with the Colts, and not getting down early in points, forcing us to pass to keep up.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-08-2009, 11:00 PM
ask Fitzy, Welker, Boldin, A. Johnson, and Moss about those rookie corners

and almost NEVER counts :coffee:

Thing is, none of those teams run the ball as well as we do. Miami runs well but couldn't pass. The other teams couldn't run effectively. Of late, we've run very effectively. Marshall is extremely dangerous with the ball in his hands. We may not win, but I don't think this will be an easy game for Indy.

Ravage!!!
12-08-2009, 11:02 PM
Thing is, none of those teams run the ball as well as we do. Miami runs well but couldn't pass. The other teams couldn't run effectively. Of late, we've run very effectively. Marshall is extremely dangerous with the ball in his hands. We may not win, but I don't think this will be an easy game for Indy.

STOP SAYING THAT!!! Thats what people said before SD came to town!

hamrob
12-08-2009, 11:47 PM
We will run the ball down their throats. Could Peyton Hillis get some carries?

Broncos 31-28

Gamechanger
12-09-2009, 01:00 AM

okay then, ask Ray Rice, MJD, Steven Jackson and Chris Johnson (TWICE) we held them under their average rushing yards

and even your running game has sputters and spurts (three straight games with under 100 IIRC)

we can run too, esp. where it REALLY counts

I never said it was, no game is easy, especially if it took a record FIVE 4th qtr. comebacks from us being 6-5 :coffee:

Dortoh
12-09-2009, 10:47 AM
**** this I say we come out throwing and then throw some more.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
12-09-2009, 10:55 AM
**** this I say we come out throwing and then throw some more.

Yeah, I'll get the rocks you get the food items! Right in the face!

getagrip
12-09-2009, 11:06 AM
Our secondary could match up well, and we need to apply pressure on Manning early and often. As others have said, if we can control the ball with the ground game I see no reason not to beat the Colts in a close one. That being said, we can not settle for Field Goals in the red zone. Manning is too talented to let him hang around. If we are not up by at least two possessions with 4 minutes left I would not be comfortable.

Broncos 27 Colts 17.

Well, Playing Indy for several years, it's all about PRESSURE on Manning... nothing less will do if you guys expect to win.

Yes, Bolt fan here