PDA

View Full Version : Dallas/Miami trade?

HORSEPOWER 56
01-30-2008, 12:20 PM
In talking with a co-worker who's a big 'Boys fan, he told me that he's hearing a lot of talk about the Cowboys making a play for #1 overall.

As I understand it, Jerry Jones is completely enamored with his boy Darren McFadden. So much so that he wants to cement the selection of McFadden by the Cowboys by trading all the way up to #1.

The deal would be something like this:

-In exchange for #1 overall, Miami gets Dallas' two first round picks, Bobby Carpenter, Marcus Spears (both players are currently being shopped by the Cowboys), and potentially an '09 draft pick.

We all know that Jones gets what he wants even if this trade looks a little "Herschel Walkeresque" in favor of Miami.

Remember that Spears and Carpenter were "Parcells guys" (drafted by Bill) and I could see him being very interested in bringing them to Miami. He may over-value them a little, (like Kubiak always does to Denver cast-offs) also.

Personally, I think Miami would be silly not to take this type of trade. They need help and could get 2 defensive players, two first round picks (one of which they could spend on a QB or even trade back up to the 10 range to get a guy like Ryan or Brohm if they fall) and possible a future draft pick to boot.

I'm no draftnik so I don't know if this is "Kosher" with the "value chart", but would you take this trade if you were the Tuna?

DallasChief
01-30-2008, 12:30 PM
The rumor on the radio is that Miami will give Dallas the #1 overall pick for both of the Cowboys' first round picks and Marion Barber.

Spears or Carpenter would not make the trade "kosher" for Miami because they currently have little to no value.

underrated29
01-30-2008, 12:37 PM
I THINK that is sooo stupid for the cowboys. But it is great for the phins. If i was bill i would take it in a heart beat. actually i wouldnt. I would see what else i could get out of them. Since they are so desperate. Maybe both 1sts, marion and spears, and an '09 3rd.

I would hope that dallas does this too, FF wise that is.

BOSSHOGG30
01-30-2008, 12:42 PM
Cowboys would be stupid to go after Darren McFadden. They don't need a runningback that high... Barber is very good. They need to think about other positions if they want to be good. Think O-line, CB, S, and WR are more important right now.

BOSSHOGG30
01-30-2008, 12:42 PM
I so hope that McFadden slides to 12 and Denver trades back with the Cowboys.

HolyDiver
01-30-2008, 12:58 PM
In talking with a co-worker who's a big 'Boys fan, he told me that he's hearing a lot of talk about the Cowboys making a play for #1 overall.

As I understand it, Jerry Jones is completely enamored with his boy Darren McFadden. So much so that he wants to cement the selection of McFadden by the Cowboys by trading all the way up to #1.

The deal would be something like this:

-In exchange for #1 overall, Miami gets Dallas' two first round picks, Bobby Carpenter, Marcus Spears (both players are currently being shopped by the Cowboys), and potentially an '09 draft pick.

We all know that Jones gets what he wants even if this trade looks a little "Herschel Walkeresque" in favor of Miami.

Remember that Spears and Carpenter were "Parcells guys" (drafted by Bill) and I could see him being very interested in bringing them to Miami. He may over-value them a little, (like Kubiak always does to Denver cast-offs) also.

Personally, I think Miami would be silly not to take this type of trade. They need help and could get 2 defensive players, two first round picks (one of which they could spend on a QB or even trade back up to the 10 range to get a guy like Ryan or Brohm if they fall) and possible a future draft pick to boot.

I'm no draftnik so I don't know if this is "Kosher" with the "value chart", but would you take this trade if you were the Tuna?

That would be the worst trade the Cowboys have ever made..............McFadden is not worth half that.

tubby
01-30-2008, 01:03 PM
That would be the worst trade the Cowboys have ever made..............McFadden is not worth half that.

Agreed.

I think Felix Jones will make a better Pro. :2cents:

CoachChaz
01-30-2008, 01:04 PM
That's my thinking. If Jones MUST have a stud back from Arkansas, just take Jones with a later pick.

BOSSHOGG30
01-30-2008, 01:06 PM
Agreed.

I think Felix Jones will make a better Pro. :2cents:

I don't, McFadden is very good, but no way I would be looking for a runningback when I already have Barber and the runningback crop is beyond great this year, so they will have no problem finding a back up for Barber.

tubby
01-30-2008, 01:07 PM
I hope the Chiefs take McFadden. He would rule in KC. :heh:

CoachChaz
01-30-2008, 01:08 PM
I don't, McFadden is very good, but no way I would be looking for a runningback when I already have Barber and the runningback crop is beyond great this year, so they will have no problem finding a back up for Barber.

More like a compliment to Barber. He's not exactly a 25 carry guy and he has zero breakaway ability.

DallasChief
01-30-2008, 01:08 PM

Well, Barber is a RFA and not considered by the Cowboys to be a 20-25 carry a game RB.

HolyDiver
01-30-2008, 01:13 PM
Well, Barber is a RFA and not considered by the Cowboys to be a 20-25 carry a game RB.

Good God.............That's all I hear anymore..............This guy cannot handle the load.............If anyone can handle 25-30 carries a game, it's Barber.

Rex
01-30-2008, 01:15 PM
Good God.............That's all I hear anymore..............This guy cannot handle the load.............If anyone can handle 25-30 carries a game, it's Barber.

or Cedric Cobbs

CoachChaz
01-30-2008, 01:16 PM
He could probably take the physical pounding, but he has no breakaway ability

DallasChief
01-30-2008, 01:18 PM

I don't necessarily disagree with you but I'm telling you that's how the Cowboys feel.

Rex
01-30-2008, 01:19 PM
I don't necessarily disagree with you but I'm telling you that's how the Cowboys feel.

So now you are a Cowboy's expert? Do you have a BFF on the Cowboys forum too?

CoachChaz
01-30-2008, 01:20 PM
I think we both just have a thing for Babe Laufenberg

BOSSHOGG30
01-30-2008, 01:20 PM

I hope they do get McFadden and Barber decides to leave... just like Michael Turner he will be a good starting back in the NFL.

DallasChief
01-30-2008, 01:22 PM
So now you are a Cowboy's expert? Do you have a BFF on the Cowboys forum too?

I'm as much an expert on the Cowboys are you are the Chiefs. I don't wanna know anything but it can't be avoided. If I want to hear 5 minutes of Mavericks discussion, then I must endure 55 minutes of Cowboy talk.

I haven't spoken to Chan Gailey or Jerry Jones so I should say that it's the Dallas media's perception that the Cowboys' perception of Marion Barber is that he's not really a 25 carry a game back.

And I don't belong to any Cowboys boards. :D

DallasChief
01-30-2008, 01:22 PM
I think we both just have a thing for Babe Laufenberg

Who wouldn't? He is a sexy man.

BOSSHOGG30
01-30-2008, 01:23 PM
Having McFadden and Barber would give them one of the best runningback duo's in the NFL if not the best once Turner leaves the Chargers.

Rex
01-30-2008, 01:23 PM
I'm as much an expert on the Cowboys are you are the Chiefs. I don't wanna know anything but it can't be avoided. If I want to hear 5 minutes of Mavericks discussion, then I must endure 55 minutes of Cowboy talk.

I haven't spoken to Chan Gailey or Jerry Jones so I should say that it's the Dallas media's perception that the Cowboys' perception of Marion Barber is that he's not really a 25 carry a game back.

OK. Next time take it serioulsy.:rolleyes:

DallasChief
01-30-2008, 01:31 PM
OK. Next time take it serioulsy.:rolleyes:

That's what the :D was for.

Oi Vei

CoachChaz
01-30-2008, 01:40 PM
Who wouldn't? He is a sexy man.

It's the beard, isn't it?

CoachChaz
01-30-2008, 01:40 PM

Even worse if you want to hear any Stars talk

turftoad
01-30-2008, 02:10 PM
He could probably take the physical pounding, but he has no breakaway ability

Neither did Emmitt Smith when he was a Cowboy. Barber is more than capable to be an every down back.

CoachChaz
01-30-2008, 02:13 PM
Neither did Emmitt Smith when he was a Cowboy. Barber is more than capable to be an every down back.

Are you serious?

turftoad
01-30-2008, 02:21 PM
Are you serious?

Emmitt Smith was no way a break away runner. He was quick not fast. He was never known for his break away speed.

CoachChaz
01-30-2008, 02:28 PM
I won't say he was a blazer, but I can't tell you how many long distance TD's i saw him scamper to. Simply out...unlike Barber, Emmitt wasn't getting caught from behind by LB's

Scarface
01-30-2008, 02:30 PM
It seems every year there is a Jerry Jones wants to make a big splash in the draft rumor.

DallasChief
01-30-2008, 02:33 PM
It seems every year there is a Jerry Jones wants to make a big splash in the draft rumor.

Probably started by him so that he can have his name in the media.

WARHORSE
01-31-2008, 01:46 AM
The Broncos will try to move up or down the boards in order to maximize what they think their position will be..............not sayin they will be successful, but they will try and move predraft.

Im hopin Dallas will be involved, cause if someone like Jones is enamored with a player, he will sell his soul to get him.

Cleveland Rocks
01-31-2008, 10:06 AM
Miami should bleed them dry. Make Jones sweat a little. See if he'll up his offer. He seems to love McFadden so much .... maybe he'll do what Ditka did to get Ricky Williams.