PDA

View Full Version : A look at the locker room and the comradery (MERGED)

Dean
12-05-2009, 08:46 AM
This is a B-Marsh clip from the Jim Rome show. It shows the LR but on a more interesting note it shows the interaction of the team.

http://www.twitvid.com/2C957

MasterShake
12-05-2009, 09:17 AM
That was really cool. It was nice to see how close him and Josh seem now, and the back and forth with Knowshon was funny.

Did you notice almost all the Broncos were wearing the McD hoodie? Must be an epidemic...

pnbronco
12-05-2009, 10:54 AM
That is a great video, thanks for posting it Dean. I love the interaction I'm seeing with the players and with Coach McD. Coach has created a atmosphere where they are a team.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-05-2009, 11:12 AM
Thanks Dean for posting this. :salute: Great video.

gobroncsnv
12-05-2009, 11:47 AM
Good stuff, and exactly the kind of getting their stuff together that we all wanted to see. We're not seeing the kind of thing that Urlacher is saying about his QB, long-term, bad for the team kind of stuff. Our guys get in each other's face in the heat of battle, but long term, they seem to show they know they're all in it together, and that's the only way this works best.

jrelway
12-05-2009, 12:22 PM
comraderieship!

Northman
12-05-2009, 12:43 PM
In the words of Bubby Brister "That is some great comadreyship!".

titan
12-05-2009, 02:27 PM
Here's a video of Brandon Marshall giving a tour of the Bronco locker room for the Jim Rome show:

http://www.twitvid.com/2C957

Marshall gets along well with McD and Knowshon in the video!

dogfish
12-05-2009, 02:56 PM
This clown needs to cut out the distractions and get serious about his TEAM.

Sincerely,

JRWiz

TXBRONC
12-05-2009, 03:23 PM

Sincerely,

JRWiz

Cut him, he's a bum. :lol: (j/k)

Poet
12-05-2009, 03:41 PM

Sincerely,

JRWiz

Isn't it funny how a guy can go from being a cancer to the team and beating women to being beloved by fans because he can catch a ball?

/irony.

Northman
12-05-2009, 03:47 PM
Isn't it funny how a guy can go from being a cancer to the team and beating women to being beloved by fans because he can catch a ball?

/irony.

Well, some would keep him on the team if he killed dogs and beat women everyday because he is the only great receiver in the NFL. With that said, i finally hope that Brandon has learned from his mistakes and continues to be the consumate team player.

Poet
12-05-2009, 03:49 PM
Well, some would keep him on the team if he killed dogs and beat women everyday because he is the only great receiver in the NFL. With that said, i finally hope that Brandon has learned from his mistakes and continues to be the consumate team player.

Agreed, let's hope he's turned his life around, but it's going to take all of another twenty minutes or so for someone to blindly charge in here screaming "well...he wasn't convicted...ignore his money or how our legal system works...ignore it...innoncent!"

I'm not saying the guy should be banned from the NFL, but fans crack me up sometimes.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
12-05-2009, 03:53 PM
I'm sure if he was white alot of you would be in love with him. :rolleyes:

Northman
12-05-2009, 03:55 PM

His race has nothing to do with it.

Poet
12-05-2009, 03:57 PM

Uh................

dogfish
12-05-2009, 03:59 PM

**** is THAT supposed to mean?

weaksauce. . . .

BroncoWave
12-05-2009, 04:25 PM

/irony.

Sorry we can't all be as morally superior as you. :rolleyes:

This is the NFL, not the Boy Scouts of America. It's not like we're all going to sit and root against him because of what he's done in the past. It appears that he's at least trying to turn his life around so what's the BFD if we cheer him along in those efforts?

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
12-05-2009, 04:32 PM
His race has nothing to do with it dipshit.

Yeah that was unnecessary and untrue, But if peyton hillis made some mistakes none of you would give a **** and would defend him to the death, Marshall struggles and half of Denver wants his head.

Northman
12-05-2009, 04:33 PM

This is the NFL, not the Boy Scouts of America. It's not like we're all going to sit and root against him because of what he's done in the past. It appears that he's at least trying to turn his life around so what's the BFD if we cheer him along in those efforts?

I didnt get that from his post. What he posted was accurate when it came to how people felt about Marshall and his off the field problems. King even stated in another post that it seems Marshall has cleaned up his act. As for the Boy Scouts of America comment, when the NFL punishes players for bad behavior it does change how a team views its players should be on and off the field. Obviously, there are only but a handful of players who continually get into problems and up until recently Brandon had been one of them. But, you shouldnt give King a bunch of shit for pointing out the obvious.

shank
12-05-2009, 04:35 PM
Yeah that was unnecessary and untrue, But if peyton hillis made some mistakes none of you would give a **** and would defend him to the death, Marshall struggles and half of Denver wants his head.

i like how you took the statement back, and then defended it...

"Don't Be Ridiculous"

Northman
12-05-2009, 04:38 PM

Thats just not true man. I dont know how you can come to that conclusion honestly. At least with people on this forum. I dont like guys who are constant headcases no matter what color they are. In fact, i find just the opposite of what you speak of when it comes to blacks having issues off the field. How many times do i have to hear "well, they had a tougher time growing up" or "they just arrest them because they are black". Its just outright sillyness. If Hillis was just as bad as Brandon with those kinds of issues i would give him just as much grief about it. As i said, it would seem on the surface that Brandon has moved on but the reality is even if Brandon goes out and kills someone there will be some people on here who will say it doesnt matter because thats not football related. However, that excuse is inaccurate because Goodell has made it clear that if you cant keep your nose clean off the field it will cost not only the player but the team in terms of suspensions, etc.

Lonestar
12-05-2009, 04:38 PM
Hey I Hope the bad stuff is behind him, but somehow think this was just fluff..

When there are no more temper tantrums or shoving matches on the sidelines.

Then I will believe there is a chance for him not to be the NEXT TO..

someone worth investing HUGE money in.. right now I'd say NO..

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
12-05-2009, 04:39 PM
i like how you took the statement back, and then defended it...

"Don't Be Ridiculous"

Yes, there are certainly days I don't practice what I preach .

*Stops being ridiculous.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
12-05-2009, 04:40 PM

Moreno was the one who shoved him, you can't blame a guy for coaching a rookie on the field, part of the game.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
12-05-2009, 04:41 PM
Thats just not true man. I dont know how you can come to that conclusion honestly. At least with people on this forum. I dont like guys who are constant headcases no matter what color they are. In fact, i find just the opposite of what you speak of when it comes to blacks having issues off the field. How many times do i have to hear "well, they had a tougher time growing up" or "they just arrest them because they are black". Its just outright sillyness. If Hillis was just as bad as Brandon with those kinds of issues i would give him just as much grief about it. As i said, it would seem on the surface that Brandon has moved on but the reality is even if Brandon goes out and kills someone there will be some people on here who will say it doesnt matter because thats not football related. However, that excuse is inaccurate because Goodell has made it clear that if you cant keep your nose clean off the field it will cost not only the player but the team in terms of suspensions, etc.

As long as he catches the damned ball I don't care if he robs the federal reserve bank.

Northman
12-05-2009, 04:43 PM
As long as he catches the damned ball I don't care if he robs the federal reserve bank.

But you should. Not so much because its a "moral" issue but because it would take him off the field which hurts the team, not helps it.

Nomad
12-05-2009, 04:43 PM
Hey I Hope the bad stuff is behind him, but somehow think this was just fluff..

Then I will believe there is a chance for him not to be the NEXT TO..

someone worth investing HUGE money in.. right now I'd say NO..

I believe Marshall was trying to give Moreno advice and out of frustration Moreno said, " eff you troubled child with a shove" . It happens to the best of us when we have failed!!

WARHORSE
12-05-2009, 04:44 PM

If he were white?

Someone ring the clown alarm.:tsk:

WARHORSE
12-05-2009, 04:49 PM
I dont think it exactly went over that well with couple of the guys.

Judging specifically from body language:

Paxton humored him, but wanted him to leave.

Hamilton wanted nothin of it.

Knowshon was guarded until Brandon made his intentions known.

McD was aight wit it.

While yoga truly is an amazing help to athletes...................some of those poses are going to end up photoshopped in opposing forums.

Mark it down.

All in all............................a waste of time imo.

But that is not a predeterminate of intention, and Im sure Brandon meant no harm.

He simply still has some learning to do.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
12-05-2009, 04:49 PM
If he were white?

Someone ring the clown alarm.:tsk:

I already backpedaled in fear let it go. :throwrock:

Lonestar
12-05-2009, 04:50 PM
Moreno was the one who shoved him, you can't blame a guy for coaching a rookie on the field, part of the game.

for getting in his face when HE did not know what was going on.. was unaware of how the ball came out..

until his name is Coach Marshall he should WORRY about his own game on and off the field.. IMHO

Nomad
12-05-2009, 04:52 PM
I already backpedaled in fear let it go. :throwrock:

You may want to delete that post....just saying!!;)

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
12-05-2009, 04:57 PM
You may want to delete that post....just saying!!;)

I already lmade myself look foolish if I delete it i'll look like a wuss too. ;)

Tned
12-05-2009, 05:03 PM
for getting in his face when HE did not know what was going on.. was unaware of how the ball came out..

until his name is Coach Marshall he should WORRY about his own game on and off the field.. IMHO

If in the day, Elway talked to a rookie about a fumble, we would only be talking about what a great leader he is. Same if Bailey did it this season. Marshall does it, and it is just proof he's a trouble maker.

Ziggy
12-05-2009, 05:03 PM
Marshall is a supremely talented player. He's also a supremely immature moron. I'm not Pat Bowlen, but if I were, I'd just keep franchizing him. He get's paid top 5 WR money, and the contract is for 1 year at a time. The next time he beats his woman or whatever else he may do off the field, he gets suspended and the Broncos are only screwed for the 1 year of cap space. I'd also consider a trade for an elite player at either WR or another position. But then again, I'm not Pat Bowlen.

Ziggy
12-05-2009, 05:05 PM
If in the day, Elway talked to a rookie about a fumble, we would only be talking about what a great leader he is. Same if Bailey did it this season. Marshall does it, and it is just proof he's a trouble maker.

In the day, Elway led by example and had the respect of all of his teammates because of it. For that reason, he could talk to a rookie about a fumble and be considered a great leader. Same if Bailey did it this season.

Poet
12-05-2009, 05:06 PM

Weak ass argument.

Don't give me the whole 'their football players' garbage. All that does is encourage turning a blindeye to guys who break the law. I didn't call you guys out cheering for him but I do recall YOU getting pissed off at him at one point because of his contract shit and then YOU brought up his off-the-field issues as well.

Lonestar
12-05-2009, 05:16 PM

if this was the only situation he has been in your correct.. but BM has been in one thing after another..

when he stops being the issue then he can get in rookies face all the time..

in this case in particular he was wrong to get in his face UNTIL he knew what happened and then I think being a little less aggressive would have come across better.

I suspect we are going to have to agree to disagree on this one..:salute:

Northman
12-05-2009, 05:17 PM
As far as Brandon getting into it with Knowshon i really dont have a real problem with it. Games and players get heated at times but i do believe had that been Elway talking to Knowshon there wouldnt have been a pushing match. Even if Brandon's intent was honorable he probably didnt convey it very well and Moreno took major offense to it. There's a right way to handle that situation and a wrong way and i think Brandon probably said it in a way that wasnt the right way. However, i do give him credit for taking the initiative since Moreno has been having issues taking care of the ball.

Nomad
12-05-2009, 05:23 PM
As far as Brandon getting into it with Knowshon i really dont have a real problem with it. Games and players get heated at times but i do believe had that been Elway talking to Knowshon there wouldnt have been a pushing match. Even if Brandon's intent was honorable he probably didnt convey it very well and Moreno took major offense to it. There's a right way to handle that situation and a wrong way and i think Brandon probably said it in a way that wasnt the right way. However, i do give him credit for taking the initiative since Moreno has been having issues taking care of the ball.

Man on the sidelines in the heat of the moment, we all have said things that we meant well but came out wrong! One good thing is this team came together and put an ass whoppin on the Giants and hopefully they do the same to the teams on the remaining schedule!!

Northman
12-05-2009, 05:29 PM
Man on the sidelines in the heat of the moment, we all have said things that we meant well but came out wrong! One good thing is this team came together and put an ass whoppin on the Giants and hopefully they do the same to the teams on the remaining schedule!!

Absolutely. When i played i was very competitive and fiery. I had no problem laying into people when i felt they needed to step up their game. But, i also backed it up and held myself accountable when i screwed up. Sometimes, even if the receiver didnt catch the ball i would always say "my bad" just so my receiver could stay positive. Again, Brandon gets credit for trying to be a leader but he does need to watch how he handles those situations and make sure when he screws up that he isnt placing blame elsewhere.

BroncoWave
12-05-2009, 06:31 PM
Weak ass argument.

Don't give me the whole 'their football players' garbage. All that does is encourage turning a blindeye to guys who break the law. I didn't call you guys out cheering for him but I do recall YOU getting pissed off at him at one point because of his contract shit and then YOU brought up his off-the-field issues as well.

Actually THIS is a weak ass argument.

Basically you are saying that I should treat Brandon Marshall the same all the time regardless of how he acts. That's just ridiculous.

Yes, of course I criticized him in the offseason when he appeared to quit on the team in practice and demand a trade. Who wouldn't criticize him in that situation?

But now that he appears to be trying to turn his life around and has bought into the team and is playing well, why wouldn't I root for him? Should I still be angry at him for what he did 3 months ago?

T.K.O.
12-05-2009, 06:56 PM

hotcarl ?....that you ?:tsk:

GEM
12-05-2009, 07:06 PM

What the flying hell are you talking about? I don't care if he's black or white, if he's beating his girlfriend I'll have the same issue with him.

As it stands, he seems to be improving which is good for the Broncos so I'm happy.

Don't pull the race card, it looks REALLY ******* weak in this day and age.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-05-2009, 07:06 PM
I watched the video not long after it was put up, and thought it was a GREAT video - Brandon having fun - HEAVEN FORBID - then I go to my grandson's birthday party, get home, and read mainly negative posts in regards to Brandon, read posts with speculation that some of the players Brandon was having fun with wanted NOTHING to do with Brandon

ALL I CAN SAY IS UNBELIEVABLE:tsk::tsk::tsk:

Poet
12-05-2009, 07:08 PM
Actually THIS is a weak ass argument.

Basically you are saying that I should treat Brandon Marshall the same all the time regardless of how he acts. That's just ridiculous.

Yes, of course I criticized him in the offseason when he appeared to quit on the team in practice and demand a trade. Who wouldn't criticize him in that situation?

But now that he appears to be trying to turn his life around and has bought into the team and is playing well, why wouldn't I root for him? Should I still be angry at him for what he did 3 months ago?

He's been clean for not even an entire offseason and now he's turning his life around?

All fans have 'interesting memories'.

GEM
12-05-2009, 07:09 PM

We really wouldn't know that...Peyton Hillis hasn't been in trouble CONTINUALLY. Marshall is on the line because it happens over and over and puts this team in jeapordy. His saying he hates Denver, didn't help.

FFS....his being black has absolutely NOTHING to do with why people get upset with the guy. What an ignorant stance.

GEM
12-05-2009, 07:11 PM

Especially since last year he was high up in the league for dropped balls...

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
12-05-2009, 07:16 PM
What the flying hell are you talking about? I don't care if he's black or white, if he's beating his girlfriend I'll have the same issue with him.

As it stands, he seems to be improving which is good for the Broncos so I'm happy.

Don't pull the race card, it looks REALLY ******* weak in this day and age.

I backpeddled on that statement hours ago, and BM did not hit rashita watley, she was just lying to get his money.

Tned
12-05-2009, 07:19 PM
I backpeddled on that statement hours ago, and BM did not hit rashita watley, she was just lying to get his money.

Unfortunately, that's the problem with making a statement to begin with. As people read the thread from the beginning, they see your first post, far before they ever get to the point were you 'backpeddled'.

As to the allegations. While it does seem that his ex-girlfriend was trying to get money, I also seem to remember a video that showed him kneeing her or kicking her (unless that was his current GF/Fiance, as they have had one or more spats that involved the police).

Northman
12-05-2009, 07:22 PM
Unfortunately, that's the problem with making a statement to begin with. As people read the thread from the beginning, they see your first post, far before they ever get to the point were you 'backpeddled'.

As to the allegations. While it does seem that his ex-girlfriend was trying to get money, I also seem to remember a video that showed him kneeing her or kicking her (unless that was his current GF/Fiance, as they have had one or more spats that involved the police).

Yea, although i do believe Whatley was out to gold dig Bmarsh has more than one incident involving anger and domestic violence which includes a skirmish with his current girl. As they say, where there's smoke theres fire and he is very lucky that Whatley is a moron in her own right.

GEM
12-05-2009, 07:30 PM

I agree she was after money, but where there is fuel there is fire. If there had been no incidents, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

That was a statement that never should have been made in the first place. Whether you back peddle or not, you still believe it, and the reverse racism is just as bad as racism. Implied racism where it doesn't exist is just as ignorant as racism itself.

And furthermore, the white man of today doesn't hold back the black man of today, so let that shit go, it's beyond ******* retarded. I don't have slaves, my father didn't, my grandfather didn't and his father before didn't, so I'm over hearing about white people's travesties against the black.

Off my soapbox.

Timmy!
12-05-2009, 07:31 PM
:tsk:

Ok. So, let me sum this thread up:

Hey, that was a cool video. Brandon seems to be getting it.
Ya, but remember what he did in the past?
It's all good, I just hope he continues on the right path.

<enter>

http://bookreviewsbybobbie.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/troll.jpg

:jaw:

http://www.ep.tc/problems/seven/thats_racist.gif

:throwrock::damnmate:

:yield:

Great thread.

pnbronco
12-05-2009, 07:54 PM
Well I thought it was a cool video, so I guess I stopped on that one.

After that....:confused:

Tned
12-05-2009, 07:56 PM
Well I thought it was a cool video, so I guess I stopped on that one.

After that....:confused:

Wise move. It went downhill from there. :lol:

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
12-05-2009, 08:00 PM
I agree she was after money, but where there is fuel there is fire. If there had been no incidents, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

That was a statement that never should have been made in the first place. Whether you back peddle or not, you still believe it, and the reverse racism is just as bad as racism. Implied racism where it doesn't exist is just as ignorant as racism itself.

And furthermore, the white man of today doesn't hold back the black man of today, so let that shit go, it's beyond ******* retarded. I don't have slaves, my father didn't, my grandfather didn't and his father before didn't, so I'm over hearing about white people's travesties against the black.

Off my soapbox.

And how does that make you feel?

Denver Native (Carol)
12-05-2009, 08:08 PM
Wise move. It went downhill from there. :lol:

Like so many other threads which people have put up for the intent the thread was meant to be - THE ONLY INTENT

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
12-05-2009, 08:25 PM
In an attempt to redeem myself and get my dignity back I will Change my signature to something troll related until brandon gets resigned. Sorry for derailing the thread, forums are not a place for me to vent when I have a bad day and say outlandish things which I know not to be true.

Northman
12-05-2009, 08:35 PM
In an attempt to redeem myself and get my dignity back I will Change my signature to something troll related until brandon gets resigned. Sorry for derailing the thread, forums are not a place for me to vent when I have a bad day and say outlandish things which I know not to be true.

:lol:

Yea, i apologize. I take great offense when someone tries to imply im a racist.

Nomad
12-05-2009, 08:35 PM
Wuss or not, you could of avoided all this crap by deleting your post....kids will learn as I have three!!

topscribe
12-05-2009, 08:37 PM
For crying out loud!! Earlier, I viewed what I thought was a really cool video,
then I come back tonight to discover the thread has been destroyed by a
bunch of quibbling over the player's past?

Damn . . . we need a Horse's Butt forum . . . http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thannoyed-1.gif

-----

frauschieze
12-05-2009, 08:38 PM
Okay everybody.....

:focus:

There's a couple different views on the video and what Brandon has/hasn't done in doing it. Let's discuss that please.

Nomad
12-05-2009, 08:38 PM
For crying out loud!! Earlier, I viewed what I thought was a really cool video,
then I come back tonight to discover the thread has been destroyed by a
bunch of quibbling over the player's past?

Damn . . . we need a Horse's Butt forum . . . http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thannoyed-1.gif

-----

Sorry Mr Top!:pout:

Denver Native (Carol)
12-05-2009, 09:28 PM
Why can't we just discuss the video, and what's in it - it's a GREAT video showing brandon having fun - why does Brandon's past, speculation on what he may do in the future, etc., etc., etc., even have to come into play?

Dean
12-05-2009, 09:30 PM
It is starting to look like a thread, no matter how benign, will reawaken any and all old animosities. Why not bump an old I hate B-Marsh thread and fight there? :rolleyes:

Northman
12-05-2009, 09:33 PM
Why can't we just discuss the video, and what's in it - it's a GREAT video showing brandon having fun - why does Brandon's past, speculation on what he may do in the future, etc., etc., etc., even have to come into play?

Probably because we have heard and seen this song and dance from Brandon before. I dont think its wrong for anyone to point out that its going to take a little more time than just a few months for Brandon to prove himself to this organization. But even with that, i think the overreaction to King's comments was unjustified but solidified what he was talking about.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-05-2009, 09:35 PM
Probably because we have heard and seen this song and dance from Brandon before. I dont think its wrong for anyone to point out that its going to take a little more time than just a few months for Brandon to prove himself to this organization. But even with that, i think the overreaction to King's comments was unjustified but solidified what he was talking about.

There are already enough threads bashing Brandon - every time there is a new Brandon thread, it does not need to end up bashing.

Northman
12-05-2009, 09:39 PM
There are already enough threads bashing Brandon - every time there is a new Brandon thread, it does not need to end up bashing.

Par for the course i guess. Probably the same reason you get a Jay, Jake, or Kyle thread that can never be one sided. Again, i think some individuals took it more personally than they should of when Marshall's past was brought up. When King initially mentioned it i really didnt think too much about it until i was accused of being a racist. If that doesnt get said i dont think it turns into the thread it has. Before that it was much ado about nothing.

Poet
12-05-2009, 09:48 PM
I wish I was rich and athletic so I could beat women and it wouldn't matter. :coffee:

Timmy!
12-05-2009, 09:49 PM
I wish I was rich and athletic so I could beat women and it wouldn't matter. :coffee:

:tsk:

I think that sig is getting in your head.

Ravage!!!
12-05-2009, 09:50 PM

THATS not thinking about the team. Thats thinking about yourself.

I actually APPLAUD Marshall for getting on him for fumbling. I don't understand how people try to defend Moreno because it was our own player that knocked the ball loose? Why? What difference does it make HOW the ball came out? The ball came OUT!

Its when players only think of themselves is when the players ONLY think of themselves.

Can't have it both ways.

Ravage!!!
12-05-2009, 09:56 PM
He's been clean for not even an entire offseason and now he's turning his life around?

All fans have 'interesting memories'.

Hmmm.... if a person is turning their life around, they have to have their first , 3rd, 6th months of that change. Why not applaud him along the way as opposed to simply pulling the "wait and see" card?

Honestly (and this isn't at you in particular)... its the "wait and see" that make so many people give up. Its as if, no matter WHAT they do, its not enough. People always want to throw their past in their face. As a result, people quit trying.

There is NOTHING wrong with applauding the positive while chastising the negative. If you simply ignore giving the positive reinforcement, you ignore half the rebuilding process.

Poet
12-05-2009, 10:11 PM
Hmmm.... if a person is turning their life around, they have to have their first , 3rd, 6th months of that change. Why not applaud him along the way as opposed to simply pulling the "wait and see" card?

Honestly (and this isn't at you in particular)... its the "wait and see" that make so many people give up. Its as if, no matter WHAT they do, its not enough. People always want to throw their past in their face. As a result, people quit trying.

There is NOTHING wrong with applauding the positive while chastising the negative. If you simply ignore giving the positive reinforcement, you ignore half the rebuilding process.
Ok, let me get this straight, I'm somehow wrong for being skeptical? Marshall, just like many other guys, have had multiple chances to 'turn it around'. Phrases like 'maturing as a person' and 'I'm just trying to grow' have been thrown around. He's had people picking up after him for his entire life, and it's pretty obvious to everyone that up until this point he hasn't changed shit.

By not being skeptical you're doing him an injustice; if you just go "well I believe you, no problem," just like everyone else has, you basically give him an out.

You want a perfect example? Chris Henry, the talented but often maligned WR on my team is a mirror image of Marshall. Henry didn't 'turn it around' until he ran out of chances, in other words, until people stopped making excuses for him he had ZERO incentive to actually act like a responsible human being.

If you want to get mad at people for criticizing him, get mad at him, because he's the one who earned it.

I never called for his head or asked him to be suspended or banned from the NFL. All I'm saying is that it only took 11 games for him to basically be forgiven for his actions, and that's stupid and completely indefensible.

I'm sure I'll hear about the 'well the rest of the NFL does it too' argument.

Tned
12-05-2009, 10:11 PM
I'm lost, can someone sum up where we are in this thread? :confused:

BroncoWave
12-05-2009, 10:20 PM

Basically King is calling us all out for not still bashing Marshall over stuff he did months ago.

Poet
12-05-2009, 10:24 PM
Basically King is calling us all out for not still bashing Marshall over stuff he did months ago.
Really?

/irony.

All I did was comment on the short memory. BTB, you were pretty close to wanting him gone. I gave the same criticism to Cincinnati fans who swore on a stack of Bibles that Chris Henry just wasn't that guy.

But, if I was really going to call you out I would have done it.

Northman
12-05-2009, 10:25 PM
Ok, let me get this straight, I'm somehow wrong for being skeptical? Marshall, just like many other guys, have had multiple chances to 'turn it around'. Phrases like 'maturing as a person' and 'I'm just trying to grow' have been thrown around. He's had people picking up after him for his entire life, and it's pretty obvious to everyone that up until this point he hasn't changed shit.

By not being skeptical you're doing him an injustice; if you just go "well I believe you, no problem," just like everyone else has, you basically give him an out.

You want a perfect example? Chris Henry, the talented but often maligned WR on my team is a mirror image of Marshall. Henry didn't 'turn it around' until he ran out of chances, in other words, until people stopped making excuses for him he had ZERO incentive to actually act like a responsible human being.

If you want to get mad at people for criticizing him, get mad at him, because he's the one who earned it.

I never called for his head or asked him to be suspended or banned from the NFL. All I'm saying is that it only took 11 games for him to basically be forgiven for his actions, and that's stupid and completely indefensible.

Your the devil King. Shame on you. :lol:

Ravage!!!
12-05-2009, 10:31 PM

No. Everything you have said is true. My criticisms is the belief or comments that you find it funny that people choose to compliment him because he has "turned his life around."

What you are saying is, we shouldn't believe it. We should 'wait and see.' Thats great if you don't have emotional attachment. Its really easy to simply pull the "lets wait and see" card with people you don't care about, or WANT to succeed. Would you pull that with your kids? No matter how hard they try, you simply continue to throw their past in their faces? You might, I don't know, but I don't think you would.

Point being... people have emotional attachment to their favorite team. They have emotional attachment to Marshall. The same people that are complimenting him now, are the same ones that bashed him when he was doing wrong. But complimenting him NOW doesn't show "blindness"... and it doesn't show "short memories." It simply shows that people are WILLING to compliment his good actions just as quickly as they are to bash him for being accused of something bad.

Some like to hold grudges. Thats common. Personally, I prefer to let bygons be bygons and not simply pull the "lets wait and see" card everytime the guy's name is mentioned. Am I going to feel "fooled" if he messes up again? No. But thats because I don't feel like I'm "buying" any kind of charade simply because I choose to encourage and compliment his GOOD actions.

Northman
12-05-2009, 10:35 PM
Brandon has done some good things the last few months and lets hope he continues on that path even though past history has proved us wrong. I think thats been the general point all along here.

Tned
12-05-2009, 10:37 PM
Brandon has done some good things the last few months and lets hope he continues on that path even though past history has proved us wrong. I think thats been the general point all along here.

It depends on what you want from a football player. In terms of what he has done on the field, I don't think you could ask for much more than Marshall has given since he was drafted.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-05-2009, 10:41 PM

I would recommend watching the video, and nothing more

Poet
12-05-2009, 10:42 PM
No. Everything you have said is true. My criticisms is the belief or comments that you find it funny that people choose to compliment him because he has "turned his life around."

Ravage, he's not being complimented, he's being absolved, there's a huge difference.

What you are saying is, we shouldn't believe it. We should 'wait and see.' Thats great if you don't have emotional attachment. Its really easy to simply pull the "lets wait and see" card with people you don't care about, or WANT to succeed. Would you pull that with your kids? No matter how hard they try, you simply continue to throw their past in their faces? You might, I don't know, but I don't think you would.

I'm not saying you shouldn't believe it, I'm saying that it's silly for the same fans who were calling for his head to just forget everything he's done. He's not 'my kid', he's a grown man. A grown man who's had everyone clean up after him. Even the commissioner reduced his suspension, until this point in his life he's always had his way and was never accountable for his actions.

And the funny thing about it is that it took 11 weeks for him to wipe away a suspension, domestic charge abuses and team issues. You should all worship the ground McDaniels walks on in regards to Marshall because he's the only one who ever made him **** and do what he was supposed to.

Point being... people have emotional attachment to their favorite team. They have emotional attachment to Marshall. The same people that are complimenting him now, are the same ones that bashed him when he was doing wrong. But complimenting him NOW doesn't show "blindness"... and it doesn't show "short memories." It simply shows that people are WILLING to compliment his good actions just as quickly as they are to bash him for being accused of something bad.

People aren't really complimenting him for personal growth, their complimenting him for making circus catches and being a wide receiver who is probably headed to the Pro Bowl.

Some like to hold grudges. Thats common. Personally, I prefer to let bygons be bygons and not simply pull the "lets wait and see" card everytime the guy's name is mentioned. Am I going to feel "fooled" if he messes up again? No. But thats because I don't feel like I'm "buying" any kind of charade simply because I choose to encourage and compliment his GOOD actions.

I'm not holding a grudge against Marshall, all I'm saying is that it takes more than 11 weeks of good football to make up for what he's done. Once again, I didn't clamor for him to be suspended or banned from the NFL. I don't think he should be crucified, but to quote Northman, all I'm doing is 'pointing out the obvious'.

But, it's fine, I get it. If Marshall screws up again he'll be the evil guy, and then if he atones out on the football field it'll be good. It's only about the here and now.

I guess I'll just point out that Rod Smith learned the first time around.

Poet
12-05-2009, 10:43 PM
That's right Carol, only the good, only the good.

Northman
12-05-2009, 10:43 PM
It depends on what you want from a football player. In terms of what he has done on the field, I don't think you could ask for much more than Marshall has given since he was drafted.

True, as a talent he is outstanding. But considering what the NFL itself expects from players regarding their off the field character its just as important to the team i root for. King made a great point about Henry who im still baffled is even playing in the league considering his constant issue of getting in trouble with the law. But like Brandon, if he can continue to stay out of trouble it would benefit not only him but the team as he has a lot of talent as well. But, in the back of my mind ive seen how Brandon is especially in the offseason so there will always be that skepticism. Throw in the fact that right now Denver is surpassing all expectations in terms of how they are playing and winning. If this team had a losing record would Brandon still be the player he is right now? Hard to say. We've seen how troubled players like Moss are when his team isnt playing well in the past. But, as a fan i dont want to see my team waste time and money on a guy who cant stay out of trouble and will miss time on the field because of it. Right now he is on the right path but history is there for a reason as it is with any player.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-05-2009, 10:47 PM
That's right Carol, only the good, only the good.

Only the GOOD King - because RIGHT NOW, that is ALL there is from Brandon.

Poet
12-05-2009, 10:49 PM
Only the GOOD King - because RIGHT NOW, that is ALL there is from Brandon.

I'm glad you're consistent, because you definitely weren't making excuses for him in the offsea...............oh....damn....

Ravage!!!
12-05-2009, 11:00 PM

Whatever. But technically, you are holding a grudge... by definition.

You want to say that he's absolved. Again... so what? Why not? Whats teh big deal if he IS being absolved?

Personally... I don't care if fans, friend, family.... strangers absolve soemone for their past deeds. Others, wish to constantly hold them to face their pass misgivings forever. Constantly pushing it in their faces, and never letting them move on.. whether it be for 11 weeks or 11 years.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-05-2009, 11:00 PM
I'm glad you're consistent, because you definitely weren't making excuses for him in the offsea...............oh....damn....

Many teams have had athletes who have gotten in trouble - and some teams, MORE than others - cough, cough

Northman
12-05-2009, 11:01 PM

Whatever. But technically, you are holding a grudge... by definition.

You want to say that he's absolved. Again... so what? Why not? Whats teh big deal if he IS being absolved?

Personally... I don't care if fans, friend, family.... strangers absolve soemone for their past deeds. Others, wish to constantly hold them to face their pass misgivings forever. Constantly pushing it in their faces, and never letting them move on.. whether it be for 11 weeks or 11 years.

I guess thats the great thing about opinions. Everyone has one.

Ravage!!!
12-05-2009, 11:03 PM
I guess thats the great thing about opinions. Everyone has one.

right along with nipples and asscracks.

Tned
12-05-2009, 11:05 PM
True, as a talent he is outstanding. But considering what the NFL itself expects from players regarding their off the field character its just as important to the team i root for. King made a great point about Henry who im still baffled is even playing in the league considering his constant issue of getting in trouble with the law. But like Brandon, if he can continue to stay out of trouble it would benefit not only him but the team as he has a lot of talent as well. But, in the back of my mind ive seen how Brandon is especially in the offseason so there will always be that skepticism. Throw in the fact that right now Denver is surpassing all expectations in terms of how they are playing and winning. If this team had a losing record would Brandon still be the player he is right now? Hard to say. We've seen how troubled players like Moss are when his team isnt playing well in the past. But, as a fan i dont want to see my team waste time and money on a guy who cant stay out of trouble and will miss time on the field because of it. Right now he is on the right path but history is there for a reason as it is with any player.

I tend to focus more on what is, rather than what 'could be' in terms of player issues. He has had a one game suspension. Yes, he could beat up his fiance and get suspended again, but then again Moreno could pull a Mike Anderson and get suspended for four game for TWICE failing drug tests.

What we do know is that Marshall is the most talented receiver to play in Denver for at least the last 25 years, and one of the most talented WR's in the league.

Poet
12-05-2009, 11:05 PM
Many teams have had athletes who have gotten in trouble - and some teams, MORE than others - cough, cough

Yes, because my Cincinnati Bengals suffered through losing key players to legal issues it's a good call for Denver. What was I thinking?

Denver Native (Carol)
12-05-2009, 11:15 PM
Yes, because my Cincinnati Bengals suffered through losing key players to legal issues it's a good call for Denver. What was I thinking?

http://www.goteamsgo.com/forum/cincinnati-bengals/6732-bengals-players-legal-trouble.html

What is going on with the Cincinnati Begals right now? First, you have Chris Henry and all of his off the field problems. Then former Florida State linebacker A.J. Nicholson was charged with burglarizing the apartment of a former collegiate teammate. Now the AP is reporting that "Bengals defensive end Frostee Rucker has been charged with two counts of spousal battery and vandalism." Has Marvin Lewis lost control of this team?

Poet
12-05-2009, 11:19 PM
http://www.goteamsgo.com/forum/cincinnati-bengals/6732-bengals-players-legal-trouble.html

What is going on with the Cincinnati Begals right now? First, you have Chris Henry and all of his off the field problems. Then former Florida State linebacker A.J. Nicholson was charged with burglarizing the apartment of a former collegiate teammate. Now the AP is reporting that "Bengals defensive end Frostee Rucker has been charged with two counts of spousal battery and vandalism." Has Marvin Lewis lost control of this team?

This is really sad that I have to explain this to you, but here goes.

The same criticism I gave to Henry and some of the blind fans in Cincinnati is the same you're getting here. If anything you're kind of proving my point for me.

Second off, going by YOUR standards Chris Henry is a step away from Jesus because he hasn't really gotten into trouble for about two years.

Oh, but it gets better, A.J. Nicholson hasn't been on the team for about two years, and I don't believe he ever got a single snap in an actual game. Rucker was cleared of his charges, which, by your standards, AGAIN, mean's he's pretty close to being Jesus himself.

Do you get it now, or should I use pictures?

Northman
12-05-2009, 11:20 PM
I tend to focus more on what is, rather than what 'could be' in terms of player issues. He has had a one game suspension. Yes, he could beat up his fiance and get suspended again, but then again Moreno could pull a Mike Anderson and get suspended for four game for TWICE failing drug tests.

What we do know is that Marshall is the most talented receiver to play in Denver for at least the last 25 years, and one of the most talented WR's in the league.

Your first sentence is BS. Ive seen you try to make a moutain out of an ant hill in the Jay vs Josh debacle. But, yes Brandon has only missed one game and has done a lot on the field. None of which has been denied by me or anyone else i can think of. As for Moreno your right, it could happen but there's no history there so that definitely would line up with your "what if" theory. Fact is, all that has been pointed out is that we hope the guy continues down the path he is going but there is some skepticism. I dont see anything wrong with that. Brandon is the most talented receiver to play for Denver but that has very little to do with this discussion.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-05-2009, 11:30 PM
This is really sad that I have to explain this to you, but here goes.

The same criticism I gave to Henry and some of the blind fans in Cincinnati is the same you're getting here. If anything you're kind of proving my point for me.

Second off, going by YOUR standards Chris Henry is a step away from Jesus because he hasn't really gotten into trouble for about two years.

Oh, but it gets better, A.J. Nicholson hasn't been on the team for about two years, and I don't believe he ever got a single snap in an actual game. Rucker was cleared of his charges, which, by your standards, AGAIN, mean's he's pretty close to being Jesus himself.

Do you get it now, or should I use pictures?

Let me summarize my position for you - the thread, which was STARTED, was a video showing Brandon in the Broncos' locker room, having some fun - NOTHING MORE - NOTHING LESS. I thought it was a GREAT video - THE END

Poet
12-05-2009, 11:31 PM
Let me summarize my position for you - the thread, which was STARTED, was a video showing Brandon in the Broncos' locker room, having some fun - NOTHING MORE - NOTHING LESS. I thought it was a GREAT video - THE END

Let me give you a summary, I broke no rules in the thread, I'm allowed to make comments as well, and I've had threads that didn't 'go the way I wanted them to' and I didn't throw a little tantrum. Don't be mad at me because your position is silly.

topscribe
12-05-2009, 11:36 PM
:pop2:

-----

Ravage!!!
12-05-2009, 11:41 PM
Let me give you a summary, I broke no rules in the thread, I'm allowed to make comments as well, and I've had threads that didn't 'go the way I wanted them to' and I didn't throw a little tantrum. Don't be mad at me because your position is silly.

Wait..... because her position is silly??? Can you explain how her position is silly, and yours ... isn't?

Poet
12-05-2009, 11:45 PM
Wait..... because her position is silly??? Can you explain how her position is silly, and yours ... isn't?

Because I'm right and she's wrong.

For another summarization, DNC pretty much has always been an avid Marshall apologist. If Marshall was caught on tape shooting someone she would claim he just had a bad day and it wasn't really his fault.

But, she tried to use the 'well your team has had a lot of shitters on it' when I never disagreed with her about that and used it in my argument.

Ravage!!!
12-05-2009, 11:46 PM
Because I'm right and she's wrong.

:lol: Thats what I thought :lol:

Tned
12-05-2009, 11:46 PM
Your first sentence is BS. Ive seen you try to make a moutain out of an ant hill in the Jay vs Josh debacle. But, yes Brandon has only missed one game and has done a lot on the field. None of which has been denied by me or anyone else i can think of. As for Moreno your right, it could happen but there's no history there so that definitely would line up with your "what if" theory. Fact is, all that has been pointed out is that we hope the guy continues down the path he is going but there is some skepticism. I dont see anything wrong with that. Brandon is the most talented receiver to play for Denver but that has very little to do with this discussion.

My bad, I thought the thread was about the Broncos most talented receiver having a jovial tour of the Broncos locker room for the Jim Rome show.

Poet
12-05-2009, 11:47 PM
:lol: Thats what I thought :lol:

Thanks for ignoring the rest of the post, champ. :salute:

Poet
12-05-2009, 11:48 PM
My bad, I thought the thread was about the Broncos most talented receiver having a jovial tour of the Broncos locker room for the Jim Rome show.

I've seen you partake in threads that were 'hi-jacked' and never said a word about them when it suited you.

Ravage!!!
12-05-2009, 11:49 PM
Thanks for ignoring the rest of the post, champ. :salute:

I hope your wife Brandon Marshalls you.

dude.. chill. I'm not attacking you. I ignored the rest.. Champ..because I'm not getting into that argument. But I found it funny that you called her opinion 'silly'.. and used a 'funny' comment that you were right and she was wrong.

frauschieze
12-05-2009, 11:57 PM
I didn't want to have to lock this thread, but I guess it needs to be done.

What ya'll need to understand is that everyone has the right to their own opinion and the privilege on this site of not being denigrated for that opinion.

I'll reopen in ten minutes or so and see if ya'll can have a civil conversation or not.

frauschieze
12-06-2009, 12:17 AM
Alright, let's try this again.

Timmy!
12-06-2009, 12:19 AM
:flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame:

Tned
12-06-2009, 12:20 AM
:flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame:

:gasoline:

Speaking of the Jim Rome video, the hoodie mania was pretty cool.

Poet
12-06-2009, 12:20 AM
In regards to the video, it was a lovely PR piece.

Northman
12-06-2009, 12:25 AM
In regards to the video, it was a lovely PR piece.

It really was quite lovely. He is such a awesome dude and player.

pnbronco
12-06-2009, 12:57 AM
:gasoline:

Speaking of the Jim Rome video, the hoodie mania was pretty cool.

I thought the hoodies were really cool. So I'm going to see if you can buy them at the Bronco store. If that doesn't pan out I'll see if I can ask one of the guys what's up with them.

:yield:

frauschieze
12-06-2009, 02:19 AM
He would never ever do anything bad. I heard one time that it was reported he beat women and wasn't a team guy, but that couldn't be true because he's on TV and hasn't been accused of anything in months.

Northman, I just bought a bridge in Brooklyn. Do you want in on some beach-front property? We can get it on the cheap because it's in Iowa!

Positive thread only dude. In fact, unless your going to criticize the coach and McD you shouldnt say anything at all. If you bring up "you know who" or even attempt to discuss a players past than you cant do it. See, im learning how this site works now. You just got to KNOW people. :lol:

Either way, im done with this thread and the ******* hypocrisy within it.

This kind of BS is really unnecessary and counterproductive. No one ever said it was a positive only thread. I'm very sorry that people are unable to have any sort of conversation without getting pissy with one another and cause threads to be locked for a short time.

Learn some manners and quit acting like self centered children. Anything I said was said equally to all participants. That INCLUDES people who were arguing on the opposite side as you two. No one has been singled out and I resent the implied accusation.

GEM
12-06-2009, 08:49 AM
Frau,

You did the right thing earlier in closing the thread. You did the wrong thing in re-opening and expecting much more than what happened.

This baby has run it's course. I'm closing her down.

BTW, King and Northman.....nowhere after the reopen was ANYTHING said about having to be positive only. The thread was shut down because posters don't know how to have civil conversations about things they don't agree on, myself included by the looks of my rant earlier in the thread. Not many threads get shut down around here and we sure as hell don't censor any of you. But we do expect you all to act like adults when we have to take a time out and don't try to drag the thread back down to what closed it in the first place.