PDA

View Full Version : Are the 2007 Cowboys the 1996 Broncos?

East Coast Fan
01-28-2008, 03:38 PM
Noticed a lot of similarities between those 2 teams; both went 13-3 and had home field advantage throughout the playoffs. Both were expected to go to the Super Bowl and possibly win it. Both teams were shocked in their first playoff game. Do you think that the 2008 Cowboys will follow in the 1997 Broncos footsteps or do you think that this past season was a fluke?

BigDaddyBronco
01-28-2008, 03:43 PM
Not with Wade Phillips as their HC.

Medford Bronco
01-28-2008, 03:45 PM
I think it is possible but
The Broncos had Elway the Boys have Romo. Elway was a grizzled veteran and Romo just a young QB

Also the Broncos had TD and the Cowboys had a 2 back RB system with Barber and Jones

I would not mind them winning as my buddy is a huge Cowboys fan :salute:

EastCoastBronco
01-28-2008, 03:47 PM
Read this and the answer is clear...

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2061_Only_a_flake_would_doubt_the_Curse_of_Flut ie.html

DallasChief
01-28-2008, 03:50 PM
Maybe they're just the '03 Chiefs.

CoachChaz
01-28-2008, 04:08 PM
The Cowboys have a big hole at CB...will be losing a Pro Bowl FS...TO and Glenn are geetting older...they don't have an every down back...if they don't do it next season, they have a few key issues to worry about.

BroncoJoe
01-28-2008, 04:11 PM

Or the '06 Chargers...

dogfish
01-28-2008, 05:31 PM
obviously not an exact parallel, but i think they could be. . . coach is right that BO isn't getting younger, and if/when he leaves-- or stops performing at his current level-- it definitely makes them a different team. . . he looks like he's got gas left in the tank, though. . . terry glenn doesn't mean much-- crayton and witten more than replaced his production this year, and they can certainly pick up a solid #2/#3 WR in free agency if need be. . . romo might be young, but i don't worry about his resiliency after the way he bounced back from last year's playoff debacle and had a great season. . .

also, rumors have been flying for a while now that dallas is determined to get the #1 pick and draft mcfadden (don't forget that jerry jones is an arkansas guy). . . i just read recently that they might try to put together a package with marion barber and their two first rounders. . . obviously they would have to add more to get there in terms of the draft value chart, but there's no rule that a team HAS to use that-- especially if they want to avoid paying a rookie over 35 million dollars in guaranteed money-- and i can see parcells being interested. . .

dallas' window might coincide with BO's age, but the pieces are in place for them to be a factor again next year. . .

dogfish
01-28-2008, 05:33 PM

a weak team that only won their division because of a kick returner? doesn't look that way to me. . . .

BroncoBJ
01-28-2008, 06:27 PM
a weak team that only won their division because of a kick returner? doesn't look that way to me. . . .

They had Priest who was tearing it up then as well :elefant:
Its wierd though when I think about them going 13-3. I dont even know how they were that good. I know thier Defense sucked. They would win games like 41-35 or crazy stuff like that. :lol:
Damn those were the days when I hated the Chiefs now I hardly know them.

BUt I like how Romo compared this year to the Broncos season. I dont think Romo will ever win a ring. :salute:

Npba900
01-28-2008, 07:04 PM
Noticed a lot of similarities between those 2 teams; both went 13-3 and had home field advantage throughout the playoffs. Both were expected to go to the Super Bowl and possibly win it. Both teams were shocked in their first playoff game. Do you think that the 2008 Cowboys will follow in the 1997 Broncos footsteps or do you think that this past season was a fluke?

Not as long as Wade lets the players go down to Mexico to drink tequilas and chase the honey's a week before they host a playoff game!:laugh:

Broncoschic7
01-28-2008, 08:33 PM
I think this season (for the Cowboys) had many similarities of 'their' 2006 season (minus the fumbojumbo snap mishap) and personally, I'm not sure that they will make it to the superbowl next year either. There a very good team, but there is still something missing with them and the final link. I think the 1996 Broncos had a far better variety of players in preperation for the great 97-98! The Cowboys standouts seem to be Jessica's boyfriend (Romo), Owens, and Barber with a good defensive cast vs the 1996 Broncos of the Late Great Elway, Davis, Sharpe, Miller, McCaffery, Smith, Hebron, Braxton, Atwater, and last but not least Al Williams (I think I got them right,,lol). Anyways, JMO....

broncosfanscott
01-28-2008, 09:17 PM

Don't forget that both teams didn't really play hard the last 2-3 games of the season and were a little flat in the playoffs.

However when Denver stopped doing what they did that got them their in first place. Too many shotgun formations and less running.

The '96 Broncos were better than the '07 Cowboys and I really don't see the Cowboys winning two SB in a row with Romo......or one for that matter.

Bronco Bible
01-29-2008, 09:47 AM
I tend to think this was their shot,now Wade will take them apart.

Medford Bronco
01-31-2008, 07:41 PM
They remind me more of the 1982 Atlanta Falcons.

lol you mean the 1980 Falcons with Steve Bartkowski, Billy White Shoes Johson and Willie Andrews.

They were up 24-3 vs Dallas and gagged and lost 27-24 in a playoff game

the Falcons and their Red Unis:laugh:

yes you were being funny but I think Meds knowlege was not too bad of that team :laugh:

Watchthemiddle
01-31-2008, 07:46 PM
I see some similarities, but the record is about it.

HOF QB vs Romo.

HOF RB vs Barber and Jones

HOF WR vs Owens ( who could be someday

HOF TE vs Witten

HOF coach vs Phillips

sneakers
02-01-2008, 06:05 AM
Some one probably already said this but the 96 broncos team was a heck of a lot better...and plenty of hall of fame worthy talent. Who do the cowboys have hof worthy? Maybe T.O.