Terrence Wheatley
Chauncey Washington
Colt Brennan
Wesley Woodyard
Kory Lichtensteiger
Kellen Davis
Xavier Adibi

credit to VerticalSocks from Broncosfreak

I don't think that this means anything really, but you never know. That's a solid list of players there though. It would be awesome to get Connor, Adibi, or Jamar Adams to be a Bronco.

underrated29
01-28-2008, 02:48 PM
cool. Are any of them Dt,LB,OT,WR,RB,S,KR,P???

Those are positiions i think we could upgrade if we drafted someone there.

G_Money
01-28-2008, 02:56 PM
cool. Are any of them Dt,LB,OT,WR,RB,S,KR,P???

Those are positiions i think we could upgrade if we drafted someone there.

*grins* Good point.

Chad Henne - QB
Colt Brennan - QB

DeJuan Tribble - CB
Tracy Porter - CB
Terrence Wheatley - CB

Chauncey Washington - RB

Shawn Crable - LB
Jordon Dizon - LB
Dan Connor - LB
Gary Guyton - LB
Xavier Adibi - LB

Wesley Woodyard - LB/SS
Jamar Adams - SS

Kory Lichtensteiger - C

Kellen Davis - TE
Jacob Tamme - TE

That should help.

~G

underrated29
01-28-2008, 03:02 PM
Nice.

Anyone know the dimensions of the RB or his scout report? Just trying to find out if he is big,fast,pounder,juker etc.

Then i can tell you what i think this all means. If anyone but myslef cares

Lonestar
01-28-2008, 03:03 PM
thanks from all of us that do not follow College football like we used to..

shank
01-28-2008, 03:08 PM
thanks from all of us that do not follow College football like we used to..

seconded... besides the 'used to' part. i just can't seem to stay motivated to follow college football. there's just too much of it!

i don't know what any of this means, and us talking to conner makes me a little sad... (because i would like conner, and we never talk to the guys we draft) but maybe it's the old double bluff... never know.

i like dizon too (homer).

wonder why we are talking to henne... doesn't make sense to me.

Lonestar
01-28-2008, 03:14 PM
seconded... besides the 'used to' part. i just can't seem to stay motivated to follow college football. there's just too much of it!

i don't know what any of this means, and us talking to conner makes me a little sad... (because i would like conner, and we never talk to the guys we draft) but maybe it's the old double bluff... never know.

i like dizon too (homer).

wonder why we are talking to henne... doesn't make sense to me.

I used to live near Boulder saw a lot of games there, I moved to Colorado spring saw a lot of AFA games. Moved to Syracuse and watched alot of Orangemen game, then to LA and saw alot of UCLA and USC games now I live in El Paso and only go to UTEP games if the tickets and parking are free (means I ride with the folks I get the tickets from) Although Mike Price has seemed to turn this team around..

Nothing in player personnel that mikey does makes sense..

dogfish
01-28-2008, 03:29 PM
awesome! no top tackle prospects on that list, maybe we're actually thinking about drafting one. . . .

:pray:

Requiem / The Dagda
01-28-2008, 04:31 PM
Outside Clady as a junior, here are names reported by people like Boss, Scott Wright and a few other places like SCOUT as well.

Jason Jones, DL - Eastern Michigan
Xaiver Adibi, OLB - Virginia Tech
Dexter Jackson, WR - Appalachian State
Andre Fluellen, DT - Florida State
Oniel Cousins, OL - UTEP
Kellen Davis, TE - Michigan State
Wesley Woodyard, OLB/SS - Kentucky
Jordan Dizon, OLB - Colorado
Shawn Crable, OLB - Michigan
Jamar Adams, SS - Michigan
Chad Henne, QB - Michigan
Colt Brennan, QB - Hawaii,
Dan Connor, OLB - Penn State
Gary Guyton, OLB - Georgia Tech
Terrence Wheatley, CB - Colorado
Tracy Porter, CB - Indiana
DeJuan Tribble, CB - Boston College
Chevis Jackson, CB - LSU
Simeon Castille, DB - Alabama
Roy Schuening, OG - Oregon State
Kory Lichtensteiger, C - Bowling Green
Jordy Nelson, WR - Kansas State
Chauncey Washington, RB - USC
Tashard Choice, RB - Georgia Tech
Philip Wheeler, OLB - Georgia Tech
Jacob Tamme, TE - Kentucky

Then again, I guarantee there are names left off this list. However, there you have it. OLB and DB's. . .

MOtorboat
01-28-2008, 04:34 PM
So, I'm guessing we're probably going with an OT...seeing how we didn't speak to any...

Retired_Member_001
01-28-2008, 04:37 PM
awesome! no top tackle prospects on that list, maybe we're actually thinking about drafting one. . . .

Whenever Denver talks to someone, you KNOW they aren't going to draft them. :laugh:

I was actually glad not to see too many OT's on that list because it means we may actually spend a first day pick on one.

By the way, I like Xaiver Adibi for us.

G_Money
01-28-2008, 05:41 PM
Some impressions:

Xaiver Adibi, OLB - Virginia Tech - I don't think he's big enough. He's tremendously fast, though, and there are far worse people to take in the 2nd. I'm just hoping to get a MLB that would allow DJ to go back to the weak-side. Adding Adibi on the weakside couldn't hurt, and as a blitzer his speed advantage would be apparent.

Dexter Jackson, WR - Appalachian State - love Dexter. He's short, but he's a Player and he just wants to play. Whoever gets him is getting a contributor. I think people are finally done with the under-estimation of his skillset just because he isn't 6'4", but we'll see come draft day. If he slides he can come home as a Bronco any time.

Oniel Cousins, OL - UTEP - Oniel isn't a monster yet, but the raw Frankenstein material is there. He was a defensive player before getting to UTEP and wasn't converted right off, so he's a project for somebody to refine into what he should be. But 3 years from now, if I drafted Cousins on the 2nd day I'm thinking I'll be feeling really good about my pick...

Wesley Woodyard, OLB/SS - Kentucky - I want this guy BADLY. I keep viewing him as a SS, but when Mike Singletary singles out "Kentucky" as the guy he was most impressed with that carries weight with me. Love him as a leader, as a character guy, as a hitter and as a talent. He's a SS conversion project that I want to take on.

Jordan Dizon, OLB - Colorado - As a 4th or 5th rounder Dizon is an excellent choice. Should be great on special teams, is a real warrior, and other than speed he can do everything else. I'm curious to see if whoever gets him will convert him to a MLB. IMO he'll be starting for whatever team does draft him within 2 years. Not the kind of kid to be a star, just to be a leader and contributor in whatever way he can.

Shawn Crable, OLB - Michigan - Shawn is carved out of stone. That dude is just killing it physique-wise. More of a workout warrior than a football player IMO, but has all sorts of tools. I'd just like to see more on the field from him w/ those tools. I think he's more of a 3-4 LB who wouldn't fit as well in our scheme...but then we haven't seen "our scheme" work really well yet so maybe we could use a bigger guy like Crable outside.

Dan Connor, OLB - Penn State - I like Dan. He's a good MLB in his own right, though he can play outside (and did earlier at Penn St) and I think he'd allow DJ to go back to killing it at the Will position. If we moved back in the 1st, got an extra pick and still got him I'd be pretty darn happy.

Kory Lichtensteiger, C - Bowling Green - Lichtensteiger would make a great center-in-training behind Nalen and Hamilton. He's nasty enough to be successful in the pros, and Nalen's tutelage could only help with that.

Jordy Nelson, WR - Kansas State - my favorite WR in the draft. Another Player. Dirt tough and a mean wide-receiver who catches anything within 10 feet of him. Last year the wideout I loved but thought was a 2nd or 3rd rounder, Gonzalez, got taken by the Colts in the 1st...so that means since I think Jordy could be there in the 4th that he'll be gone in the 2nd. Good for him, bad for us.

Chauncey Washington, RB - USC - too injury prone for me, but the Broncos may be looking at him from a 7th round / FA POV. As a late rounder/UDFA I could see it, but other than being a strong runner when he's actually on the field I don't see a lot of upside. Anybody who gets suspended for academics twice raises some flags with me - enough that I don't want to see us spend any sort of legit pick on him.

Tashard Choice, RB - Georgia Tech - perfect fit for our O. Great kid, hard worker, and has every gift but top-flight speed. We have some fast RBs, I'd like a really good one, and TC fits the bill.

Philip Wheeler, OLB - Georgia Tech - just an animal. Is really making the most of bowl season to impress his judges, and should also perform well at the Combine. We might still be able to snag him in the 2nd with our pick if we choose...but he just keeps climbing the charts.

~G

MileHighWrath
01-28-2008, 06:28 PM
It's too difficult to know what's going to happen come draft day. Counter moves to counter/counter moves, etc. Everything said or quoted or misqouted is done with the sole purpose to distract etc.

broncofanatic1987
01-28-2008, 09:05 PM

Amen:angel:

haroldthebarrel
01-29-2008, 12:36 PM
the rbs we are looking after have good vision and footwork.

I think the FO shouldnt be this secretive when going after youngsters. When they hit the draft almost all, except the freaks, are about the same athletically and usually looks the part. You get the impressions through tapes, but you never get an idea how tough they are physically unless you interview them. New England has the most extensive psycholigical interviews in the league. We dont interview ours almost at all.
Perhaps that is the reason why we bust particularly on players in positions where toughness is perhaps the biggest key.... read DL!!

Retired_Member_001
01-29-2008, 04:13 PM
Some impressions:

Philip Wheeler, OLB - Georgia Tech - just an animal. Is really making the most of bowl season to impress his judges, and should also perform well at the Combine. We might still be able to snag him in the 2nd with our pick if we choose...but he just keeps climbing the charts.

~G

I would really love it if we picked up Philip Wheeler in the early second round. I just get this feeling he'll go in the very late first round though, which will rule out the possibility of drafting him, unless we trade down.

CoachChaz
01-29-2008, 04:17 PM
Dear Broncos,

Please sign Lance Briggs and eliminate the need to draft a LB early.

Sincerely,

Not sold on too many LB's in this draft after round 2

BOSSHOGG30
01-29-2008, 04:20 PM
Dear Broncos,

Please don't listen to Coach, Lance Briggs will cost too much. Please look at Conner or Wheeler in the 1st and 2nd rounds. If you must sign a free agent LB, please bring in Champ Bailey's brother, Boss Bailey.

CoachChaz
01-29-2008, 04:22 PM
Dear Broncos,

Bailey can't even dream of having the talent that Briggs has. He's worth the money more than Graham and Henry were.

TIA

BigDaddyBronco
01-29-2008, 04:24 PM
Dear Broncos,

If you sign Briggs don't let him bring a Lamborghini to Denver with him.

TIA

CoachChaz
01-29-2008, 04:26 PM
Dear Broncos,

If you sign Briggs don't let him bring a Lamborghini to Denver with him.

TIA

As long as he brings his game...I'm okay with the rest.

HolyDiver
01-29-2008, 04:30 PM
In our Super Bowl winning seasons, 97 and 98, we didn't have THREE stud Linebackers................We had Mobley, very good, Romo, excellent and in 1997, our MLB'er was Allen Aldridge............A superstar by no means............the following season, 1998, it was Keith Burns............We really just need one more very good Linebacker to go with DJ and find another one to fill in the blanks. Trade back and grab Connor, picking up atleast a 3rrd round pick if not a 2nd. We gave up a 3rd round pick last year trading back, what was it, 4 spots?

CoachChaz
01-29-2008, 04:33 PM
...or sign Briggs and use the picks elsewhere.

dogfish
01-29-2008, 04:37 PM
no doubt briggs would be an upgrade, but LB is one position where we've always had pretty good success drafting and developing talent-- and a draft pick is going to be a hell of a lot cheaper than the guy who might be the top free agent in the entire group this year. . .

HolyDiver
01-29-2008, 04:38 PM
...or sign Briggs and use the picks elsewhere.

How old is Briggs Coach? ............ I think now is the time to get younger.

CoachChaz
01-29-2008, 04:39 PM
How old is Briggs Coach? ............ I think now is the time to get younger.

Briggs is only 27.

CoachChaz
01-29-2008, 04:44 PM
no doubt briggs would be an upgrade, but LB is one position where we've always had pretty good success drafting and developing talent-- and a draft pick is going to be a hell of a lot cheaper than the guy who might be the top free agent in the entire group this year. . .

Do we go after a LT instead? Flozell Adams is available and when he was an RFA, Shanny signed him to an offer sheet. Maybe it happens this time.

dogfish
01-29-2008, 05:04 PM
Do we go after a LT instead? Flozell Adams is available and when he was an RFA, Shanny signed him to an offer sheet. Maybe it happens this time.

my first choice would be to go after corey williams and draft an OT, but i wouldn't be against signing a veteran OLT either. . . gross is probably a better fit for what we do than flozell, but from what i've read carolina's coaching staff thinks he's a better fit on the right side. . .

i'd also look at safety in free agency before LB, just because i like our chances of drafting a LB who can contribute right away and develop into a quality starter a lot better than i like our chances of finding that type of safety in this year's draft. . .

gobroncsnv
01-29-2008, 09:46 PM
I'm glad that there is much more to do in the scouting combines, evalutations, etc.... after seeing the initial list on this post, we would have been as well off to have scouted a minor league hockey camp. We need both flavors of tackle more than anything. Gotta be that we are just checking out later round material, and laying in the weeds instead of talking with folks we're really craving.

Scarface
01-30-2008, 02:19 PM
This is the most overblown aspect of the draft. Who the team talks to means absolutely nothing.

MHCBill
01-30-2008, 02:35 PM
Not meant to be a stupid question, but what makes Briggs so good?

Speed?
Athleticsm?
Size?
Instincts?
Urlacher?

I want to see us draft a MLB and let DJ go back to will instead of investing huge dollars into Briggs.

Williams - Will
Rookie - Mike
Winborn - Sam

Only go after Gross or Bryant Johnson/Michael Clayton if Walker leaves.

Save the cash for our young studs and looking for the right free agent a year or two from now when we're ready to compete for a deep run in the playoffs.

Lonestar
01-30-2008, 03:52 PM
Not meant to be a stupid question, but what makes Briggs so good?

Speed?
Athleticsm?
Size?
Instincts?
Urlacher?

I want to see us draft a MLB and let DJ go back to will instead of investing huge dollars into Briggs.

Williams - Will
Rookie - Mike
Winborn - Sam

Only go after Gross or Bryant Johnson/Michael Clayton if Walker leaves.

Save the cash for our young studs and looking for the right free agent a year or two from now when we're ready to compete for a deep run in the playoffs.

I think Briggs was so good the year after last because of the DL in front of him.. I did not follow his numbers all that much this year . But having Urlacher in the middle and that DL in front of him mickey the mope would be good just by showing up..

I'd rather see us pick up a mid range big and fast LB to play SAM putting DJ in the middle and Wilborn at will he is big and fast as compared to gold.. and can shed blockers..

CoachChaz
01-30-2008, 03:59 PM
I'll disagree. With all that talent on the team, wouldn't you think his stats would suffer? He still put up 100+ tackles four years in a row

MHCBill
01-30-2008, 04:04 PM
Who's better?

Briggs or DJ... why?

Just curious.

Lonestar
01-30-2008, 04:22 PM
Who's better?

Briggs or DJ... why?

Just curious.

I think that either could play either position Briggs IMO was overrated considering his playmates. I did not watch that much Bears ball So I;m going off what I have heard from place to place..

DJ is superb athlete.. Big, strong and fast. I do not know about his mental capacity o nor his leadership skills for Mike..

Requiem / The Dagda
01-30-2008, 04:29 PM
Lance Briggs is better than DJ Williams, are we seriously having this discussion?

mopatt24
01-30-2008, 04:42 PM
To be honest, I dont know why some people would be happy to go into next season with Winborn as a starting LB.

I think, say no to Briggs and draft Rivers since we wont be drafting Phillips.

MHCBill
01-30-2008, 04:53 PM
Not sure happy is the term I would use for starting Winborn, but in my opinion he was better than Webster and Gold.

He has size, which we need. He showed that he knew how to tackle, which we need. And, he has speed, which is never bad.

We can't fix everything next season so you have to pick your poison.

I think adding a rookie MLB to go along with Winborn and Williams will be the best thing for the future of the Broncos.

Address the Oline, Dline, and safety position also.

2008 is still a rebuilding year, but 2009 we can begin to compete again.

MHCBill
01-30-2008, 04:54 PM
Lance Briggs is better than DJ Williams, are we seriously having this discussion?So Mr. Expert, why is Briggs so overwhelmingly better than DJ?

Requiem / The Dagda
01-30-2008, 05:04 PM
So Mr. Expert, why is Briggs so overwhelmingly better than DJ?

Besides the fact that Lance Briggs is ten times as better as Williams in coverage, and is regarded as one of the top coverage linebackers in the NFL and has been to three Pro-Bowls and actually makes game changing plays that matter. . . I guess not much. *shrugs* Oh wait. . . he is that much better.

G_Money
01-30-2008, 05:36 PM
Besides the fact that Lance Briggs is ten times as better as Williams in coverage, and is regarded as one of the top coverage linebackers in the NFL and has been to three Pro-Bowls and actually makes game changing plays that matter. . . I guess not much. *shrugs* Oh wait. . . he is that much better.

Yes, but Urlacher and Briggs both made each other better as well. If we'd left DJ at the Will and he was in his 8th consecutive year at the same position, he might well be better. It's hard to get better at coverage when it's "cover the RB, no wait, the TE, now play the middle in a zone, quick where's that RB again? Damn you, fill the hole!"

Bouncing him around has been idiotic. I think most people know that I'm not the biggest DJ fan (I think he's dumb and not at all instinctual, and that if he had Vilma's brain and instincts in his own ridiculously perfect frame he'd be a god) but Briggs isn't head, shoulders, and some more shoulders above DJ at OLB. Briggs has been at the Will since Lovie got to the Bears, hasn't he? If DJ had been at the Will over the same period it'd be more of a fair comparison.

I like Briggs, but I don't need him. What I really want is a MLB so that DJ can go back to the Will and stop playing positions he's not as good at and will not be as good at.

Put him at his natural position and be done with it. It really is a shame Maualuga isn't coming out this year...

If we're gonna keep up this "DJ at the Mike" experiment, though, we'd better bring in a monster OLB, strong or weak. Webster and Winborn don't cut it for me, not on the field at the same time. If it's Briggs, then that's fine with me. I'd just rather it be DJ outside with a better Mike, that's all.

~G

haroldthebarrel
01-30-2008, 05:38 PM
This is the most overblown aspect of the draft. Who the team talks to means absolutely nothing.

no but it should.....
i think most teams just follow the draft boards quite rigorously and knowing another team talked to who doesnt mean all that much.

An interview gives you an idea to how mature and strong he is mentally.
To me, I think we undermine the importance of mental strength when we marvel at all them athletes.

haroldthebarrel
01-30-2008, 05:40 PM
Get a good defensive tackle. Shaun Rogers for a trade of first rounder would look good along with a draft filled with trench talent.

Requiem / The Dagda
01-30-2008, 06:43 PM
Yes, but Urlacher and Briggs both made each other better as well. If we'd left DJ at the Will and he was in his 8th consecutive year at the same position, he might well be better. It's hard to get better at coverage when it's "cover the RB, no wait, the TE, now play the middle in a zone, quick where's that RB again? Damn you, fill the hole!"

Bouncing him around has been idiotic. I think most people know that I'm not the biggest DJ fan (I think he's dumb and not at all instinctual, and that if he had Vilma's brain and instincts in his own ridiculously perfect frame he'd be a god) but Briggs isn't head, shoulders, and some more shoulders above DJ at OLB. Briggs has been at the Will since Lovie got to the Bears, hasn't he? If DJ had been at the Will over the same period it'd be more of a fair comparison.

I like Briggs, but I don't need him. What I really want is a MLB so that DJ can go back to the Will and stop playing positions he's not as good at and will not be as good at.

Put him at his natural position and be done with it. It really is a shame Maualuga isn't coming out this year...

If we're gonna keep up this "DJ at the Mike" experiment, though, we'd better bring in a monster OLB, strong or weak. Webster and Winborn don't cut it for me, not on the field at the same time. If it's Briggs, then that's fine with me. I'd just rather it be DJ outside with a better Mike, that's all.

~G

I personally don't feel moving DJ back to WILL is a good idea, especially given that Slowik is an aggressive blitzer and that weakside linebackers need to have at least some indication of pass coverage skills to succeed at WILL. DJ is average, if not poor in both those categories. I'm not fond of any of our linebackers, and I'm just hoping for a total revamp. I can stomach DJ because he's still very young and has potential; and I agree that moving him around a lot has hurt his growth.

Word from a reliable guy on the Mane is that the Broncos are desperately looking to get Ian Gold's replacement. It's about damn time. Whether that is keeping DJ at MIKE and drafting a WILL, or going for a guy who can play MIKE and switching DJ over; I assume Denver will do what it takes to make Gold expendable. That's why I have us going after a guy like Wheeler, who fits the Slowik bill for a linebacker and has potential at all three linebacker positions, but most importantly MIKE and WILL.

Lonestar
01-30-2008, 07:10 PM
no but it should.....
i think most teams just follow the draft boards quite rigorously and knowing another team talked to who doesnt mean all that much.

An interview gives you an idea to how mature and strong he is mentally.
To me, I think we undermine the importance of mental strength when we marvel at all them athletes.

seems logical does it not..

Had TEN not talked to Jay so much and had Dinger not been heavy duty responsible for drafting him we could have been in big dodo had we not talked to him..

It was misdirection at its best.. We did not have to interview him because TEN did it for us..

Just like hiring someone out of the blue you never know fro sure what you are getting .. Perhaps this tis the reason mikey has failed so badly at the DAFT prior to 2006.

I know it is more important to let it be a surprise than tip your hand on who we draft.. Lets draft morons or one handed WRs as a surprise instead of knowing who your getting. I'd hate to have Jerry Jones know who we like, so he can go after them.. Mikey and his head games and total control crap strikes again....

MHCBill
01-30-2008, 08:08 PM
Don't tell Zam that DJ isn't a good cover LB'er.

Stargazer
01-31-2008, 02:30 AM
Word from a reliable guy on the Mane is that the Broncos are desperately looking to get Ian Gold's replacement.

Is it from the bugs bunny guy, who post on the mane? He's a reporter so maybe he heard something. And would anyone be shocked that the Broncos are looking to replace Gold? Because everyone else on that site is full of dog poop with no insider information.

broncohead
01-31-2008, 04:18 PM
To be honest, I dont know why some people would be happy to go into next season with Winborn as a starting LB.

I think, say no to Briggs and draft Rivers since we wont be drafting Phillips.

Why won't we be drafting Phillips? Briggs will be a good pick-up as long as he doesn't demand a lot of money which is unlikely. The chances of us landing him is slim to none assuming we don't dive into FA like last year. I agree Winborn isn't the answer and I wouldn't be happy with him as the starter either. Another fill in till we can get someone else.

Lonestar
01-31-2008, 04:31 PM
Why won't we be drafting Phillips? Briggs will be a good pick-up as long as he doesn't demand a lot of money which is unlikely. The chances of us landing him is slim to none assuming we don't dive into FA like last year. I agree Winborn isn't the answer and I wouldn't be happy with him as the starter either. Another fill in till we can get someone else.

Perhaps Winborn is not the answer, but IMO he can tackle without pushing someone out of bounds and can shed blockers. So would I rather have him in golds spot hell yeah..

If we can upgrade the spot with a Draft choice or DJ spot and move him back that is OK also. But unless we can do that gold has to go and Windborn needs to start..

broncohead
01-31-2008, 04:52 PM
Perhaps Winborn is not the answer, but IMO he can tackle without pushing someone out of bounds and can shed blockers. So would I rather have him in golds spot hell yeah..

If we can upgrade the spot with a Draft choice or DJ spot and move him back that is OK also. But unless we can do that gold has to go and Windborn needs to start..

Agreed. Winborn can get the job done just as good or maybe even better then Gold but with less money. But inless Winborn steps up next year he is just a fill in till we can find a true starter.

Lonestar
01-31-2008, 05:09 PM
Agreed. Winborn can get the job done just as good or maybe even better then Gold but with less money. But inless Winborn steps up next year he is just a fill in till we can find a true starter.

That is the WHOLE KEY less money as good as or better.. gold IMO was really bad FA thing when he came back. TO force DJ to the SAM was HUGELY wrong . I'd have told gold he had to compete for the position and if he did not win out then he played SAM. for less money.

How it was handled was totally wrong..