PDA

View Full Version : Broncos will play NFC South in 2008-09

Buff
01-28-2008, 12:39 PM
Since they announced that the Chargers will be playing the Saints in London next year-- I did a little reading between the lines and figured if the Chargers are playing an NFC South team, the Broncos will be doing the same.

I actually don't hate that prospect-- None of those teams really jump out at you: the Falcons will still be undergoing transition, the Panthers will still have big question marks at QB... The Bucs are the only '07 Playoff team, and they're not exactly an intimidating bunch... I look for the Saints to rebound next year, but even that's not a sure thing...

Overall, I'd probably rather play the NFC South than any other division in football (Although you could make a pretty strong case for the NFC West too)-- thoughts?

In-com-plete
01-28-2008, 01:38 PM
Since they announced that the Chargers will be playing the Saints in London next year-- I did a little reading between the lines and figured if the Chargers are playing an NFC South team, the Broncos will be doing the same.

I actually don't hate that prospect-- None of those teams really jump out at you: the Falcons will still be undergoing transition, the Panthers will still have big question marks at QB... The Bucs are the only '07 Playoff team, and they're not exactly an intimidating bunch... I look for the Saints to rebound next year, but even that's not a sure thing...

Overall, I'd probably rather play the NFC South than any other division in football (Although you could make a pretty strong case for the NFC West too)-- thoughts?

Hey Buff, the schedule is already planned out. We played the NFC North this year so we'll play them again in '11, '15, '19 and so on. Last year we played the NFC West, so we'll play them again in '10, '14, '18 and so on. And we had the NFC East in '05 so we'll play them in '09, '13, '17 and so on.

The only thing that'll change is where we travel. Since we went to NO and TB in '04, they'll be playing in Denver this year. And that means we'll be at Atl and Car. In '12, we'll be playing at NO and TB again.

As for the AFC, we have the East, the Browns and the Jags. Only we'll be playing at Cleveland and we get the Jags at home (since we played the Ravens at home in '05).

And we'll be playing in NE and NY because we played both of those teams at home last time we played that division.

Confused? :laugh:

Buff
01-28-2008, 01:55 PM
Hey Buff, the schedule is already planned out. We played the NFC North this year so we'll play them again in '11, '15, '19 and so on. Last year we played the NFC West, so we'll play them again in '10, '14, '18 and so on. And we had the NFC East in '05 so we'll play them in '09, '13, '17 and so on.

The only thing that'll change is where we travel. Since we went to NO and TB in '04, they'll be playing in Denver this year. And that means we'll be at Atl and Car. In '12, we'll be playing at NO and TB again.

As for the AFC, we have the East, the Browns and the Jags. Only we'll be playing at Jacksonville and we get the Browns at home (since we played the Bengals in Cincy in '04).

And we'll be playing in NE and NY because we played both of those teams at home last time we played that division.

Confused? :laugh:

Gottcha, yeah I knew the different NFC divisions were on a rotation-- I just never actually knew what that rotation was... Thanks for the info man, good to see ya around again...

In-com-plete
01-28-2008, 03:24 PM
Gottcha, yeah I knew the different NFC divisions were on a rotation-- I just never actually knew what that rotation was... Thanks for the info man, good to see ya around again...

I was wrong. We're actually playing at Cleveland and we have Jacksonville at home. I was thinking it was the '04 rotation (which it is for the NFC). But the AFC rotation runs every 3 years.

Guess I was the one that got confused.

broncosfanscott
01-28-2008, 09:58 PM
2008 HOME GAMES
AFC West
Buffalo
Miami
New Orleans
Tampa Bay
Jacksonville

2008 ROAD GAMES
AFC West
New England
NY Jets
Atlanta
Carolina
Cleveland

This has the 2009 opponents as well except for the last two which are determined on how we finish in '08.
http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=1410

AFGAHNI_BATTLE_DONKEY
01-28-2008, 10:42 PM
yeah we knew this like 3 threes ago

jrelway
01-29-2008, 12:24 PM
2008 HOME GAMES
AFC West
Buffalo
Miami
New Orleans
Tampa Bay
Jacksonville

2008 ROAD GAMES
AFC West
New England
NY Jets
Atlanta
Carolina
Cleveland

This has the 2009 opponents as well except for the last two which are determined on how we finish in '08.
http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=1410

playoffs are a must with a schedule like that..plus with kc and oak playing crappy as usual, anything less than 11-12 wins will be dissapointing.

BroncoBJ
01-29-2008, 03:12 PM
Yea I knew this a long time ago :lol:
But glad you figured it out :salute:
Cant wait for 2008.

Astrass
01-29-2008, 05:32 PM

If Delhomme is healthy and still playing he is a good QB. He was doing awesome before he got hurt. Panthers may be a good team next year.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-29-2008, 11:11 PM
www.johnnyroadtrip.com

go to future nfl schedules. We've know for 6 years who our opponents would be every year, except for 2 annually.

Stargazer
01-30-2008, 02:17 AM
Isn't this OLD news by now?