PDA

View Full Version : Proposed: Amended Rules

Tned
01-27-2008, 06:49 PM
The following is a draft of an updated and simplified set of rules. Please provide input on the rules before they go into effect:

=============Draft 1=====================

The following RULES and GUIDELINES are being set forth in order to present and maintain Broncos Forums as a board which can be enjoyed by all members.

This is a community. That means that we are many different people making up a single entity. Respect other members of the community and don’t belittle, make fun off, or insult another member. If you feel a post violates a rule, don’t retaliate, report the post.

Moderators are volunteers that help out the forum for FREE. Please treat all moderators with respect in both public forums and in any private messages. Moderators also are expected to treat the members with respect in both public forums and in any private messages.

BroncosForums.com Posting Rules:

1. No discussion of any illegal activity, including posting links to sites that discuss such activity.

2. No Flaming, baiting or harassing. Regardless of whether you like a poster or a point being made, do not resort to flaming and harassing that poster. Don’t post “flame-bait”. That is a post just to irritate members or designed to get a reaction from another poster.

3. No threats, name calling, ethnic or racist remarks, gender harassment or other type of posts that attack another poster or posters.

4. Sexually explicit language – Each person defines it differently, so the 'benchmark' used will be Primetime network TV. If the FCC does not allow it on Prime Time Network TV, it is not allowed on BroncosForums.com.

5. If a word is censored, meaning if you type a word that the message board automatically replaces with ****, it is NOT allowed to use characters like *, !, @, etc. to get around the profanity filter, nor can you add a smiley or punctuation to the end of a censored word or use any other trick to get around the profanity filter.

It is allowed for a member to type a censored word and let the profanity filter substitute **** for it. This will be seen as the equivalent of beeping or bleeping out bad words on TV/radio. It is not allowed for you to type part of the word and replace part of it with ***. This is considered circumventing the profanity filter and violates the rules.

6. Avatars and Signatures: You may not have obscene or sexually explicit images in your avatars or signatures. Again, the Primetime Network TV test will be used as to whether or not it is acceptable.

7. Use of Multiple UserID’s is not Permitted – You have signed up with a user id, and that is the only one that should be registered. Posting under multiple userids will result in all userids/IPs being banned.

8. No advertising – No links (including in signatures) intended to advertise or posts intended to advertise are permitted. If in doubt, request approval first.

9. Moderators decision's are NOT to be questioned in public. If a moderator deletes a post or thread, do not start another one with the same topic, or create a post/thread asking why “xxxx” was deleted. If you have a question about a specific moderator decision, you can send a PM to a mod or admin and discuss it privately. We all may not see things the same way, we do understand that. Please understand, we do things we think are right for the site but will reconsider a decision if approached in the right way.

It is acceptable, and encouraged, to create a thread in the Town Hall discussing the rules, and within the context of existing rules, moderator actions, but they should be limited to questions about rules and moderator actions in general, not thinly veiled questions or criticisms of individual moderators or specific actions.

10. While BroncosForums has a P&R (political and religion) forum, any member that wishes to participate must agree to not resort to flaming. It is important to understand that it is unlikely you will ever change the mind of a stranger on these types of subjects. If they become heated, or result in complaints, then they may be edited, closed or removed by a Moderator. If a particular user's posts constantly results in moderator edits or deletions, it may be cause for disciplinary action, which could include the poster losing the right to participate in the P&R forums or an account suspension or ban.

This cannot be stressed enough. If you are going to participate in P&R, you must have thick skin and NOT resort to personal attacks when others disagree with you.

While staying on topic is always important, it is ‘essential’ in P&R. Many posters participating in P&R consider the discussions and debates very serious, do not make jokes or derail the threads with off topic remarks.

12. Stay on topic. With the exception of “Say Anything/Café” type threads typically located in the “What’s on your mind” forum, posters should be very careful about creating off topic posts. It is very easy for a thread to get derailed by a joke or two and then the responses that follow. It is important to respect the thread starter and stay on topic in the threads that aren’t designed to be long lasting, wandering threads.

Watchthemiddle
01-27-2008, 06:58 PM
Looking good.
:salute:

BeefStew25
01-27-2008, 07:11 PM
Wait a second. This is BS...Can we at least talk about this first? How come this was never brought up in the Town Hall Forum?

Lonestar
01-27-2008, 07:12 PM
Wait a second. This is BS...Can we at least talk about this first? How come this was never brought up in the Town Hall Forum?

this is a town hall discussion..

that is why it is called Proposed: Amended Rules

Tned
01-27-2008, 07:14 PM

Ummm, I thought that's what we were doing?

The following is a draft of an updated and simplified set of rules. Please provide input on the rules before they go into effect:

BeefStew25
01-27-2008, 07:14 PM
this is a town hall discussion..

that is why it is called Proposed: Amended Rules

Gotcha...I was kidding.

Tned
01-27-2008, 07:15 PM
Gotcha...I was kidding.

Ok.

BeefStew25
Ummm, I thought that's what we were doing?

I was kidding. Looks good to me, Ned. You da man.

LordTrychon

*coughs*

*looks around*

*walks away*

lol...

So let me see if I understand the 'moderation discussion' rules as they stand. Even in a productive town hall discussion, it would still be against the rules to cite specific examples?

Tned
01-27-2008, 07:19 PM
So let me see if I understand the 'moderation discussion' rules as they stand. Even in a productive town hall discussion, it would still be against the rules to cite specific examples?

IMO, that rule needs more work. What we don't want is people using the Town Hall to complain or as a thinly veiled slam on a specific mod's action, but we do want to discuss rules that might need to be changed, or how the mods interpret existing rules. In doing the latter, citing specific examples can be useful.

So, as I say, the rule still needs some work IMO, and that's what this thread is about, getting comments and input to create a better set of rules.

Lonestar
01-27-2008, 07:21 PM
Gotcha...I was kidding.

please use a ;) in the future

or risk being banned for life.. ;)

BeefStew25
01-27-2008, 07:23 PM
please use a ;) in the future

or risk being banned for life.. ;)

But then it wouldn't be flame-baiting.

Lonestar
01-27-2008, 07:24 PM
But then it wouldn't be flame-baiting.

I guess your choice ;) or banned.. I know which one I'd choose..

now

:focus:

Watchthemiddle
01-27-2008, 07:25 PM
*coughs*

*looks around*

*walks away*

lol...

I just re-read that part too. I understand the no "flaming" threads of decisions and I think I understand starting a thread in Town Hall discussing a rule/decision but I honestly feel that eventually that thread is going to turn into a bash thread.

topscribe
01-27-2008, 08:58 PM
Gotcha...I was kidding.

And here I thought you were only gaining a little weight . . . :coffee:

-----

BroncoBJ
01-27-2008, 09:16 PM
How about if you dont see it on HBO then its not allowed. :salute:

Tned
01-27-2008, 10:24 PM
I just re-read that part too. I understand the no "flaming" threads of decisions and I think I understand starting a thread in Town Hall discussing a rule/decision but I honestly feel that eventually that thread is going to turn into a bash thread.

Any suggested language change?

Ricky
01-28-2008, 11:36 AM
tned,
I hope you don't mind. I spent quite a bit of time thinking of and then writing up a set of posting guidelines over on the BroncosFreak as a moderator. Here is a link to the guidelines http://www.broncosfreak.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14232

They were not the most followed, but when I wrote them, I felt they captured what we was trying to do on the Freak. I will quote them here:

All members of BroncosFreak.com are expected to abide by a code of conduct. This code is not meant to restrictive, but to provide a positive experience for everyone. Each of these general principles are fundamental to the quality of the BroncosFreak website.

Diversity... We are all a community from different backgrounds and with different perspectives on sports and life. At all times, we expect our members to respect the different views that others bring.

Respectfulness... We expect our members to show respect for each other. Respecting their person, their views, their time and their opinions ... even if you disagree with them.

Harassment... Harassment occurs when a member insults, attacks, or denigrates another member at any time. We will have zero tolerance for anyone who takes an exchange about any topic to a personal level. Personal attacks and repeated critical and sharply negative posts toward a forum member can also constitute harassment.

Disruption... Posts which intend to disrupt the topic of conversation or steer the topic away from the focus of the forum and related news. Disruption can include harassment, multiple posting of the same post and posting completely off topic messages.

Vulgarity and Sexual Explicitness... As a community with a diverse variety of members and readers, we ask members to post without using vulgarity. Vulgarity includes vulgar language and pictures; sexist, racist, anti-religious or homophobic language; and the masking of words by inserting an asterisk * or another similar keystroke in place of one or more letters in a vulgar term. We realize that there's a 'grey area' of judgement with vulgarity but we ask that you'll respect others by keeping this guideline in mind.

Intelligence... This is a Bronco fan website with quality standards and members are expected to make a sincere effort to contribute their thoughts on interesting subjects in a meaningful and respectful manner. Posting messages and otherwise interacting with each other on BroncosFreak is completely optional; many members of this site often prefer to just read what others have to say. But if you do post, we expect that you’ll be respectful of the time of others by posting something meaningful.

To help maintain the best possible environment for all posters, a warning system is in place. Posters who abuse these guidelines will receive warnings. Multiple offenses will lead to restricted access to the site.

Tned
01-28-2008, 04:48 PM
tned,
I hope you don't mind. I spent quite a bit of time thinking of and then writing up a set of posting guidelines over on the BroncosFreak as a moderator. Here is a link to the guidelines http://www.broncosfreak.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14232

They were not the most followed, but when I wrote them, I felt they captured what we was trying to do on the Freak. I will quote them here:

All members of BroncosFreak.com are expected to abide by a code of conduct. This code is not meant to restrictive, but to provide a positive experience for everyone. Each of these general principles are fundamental to the quality of the BroncosFreak website.

Diversity... We are all a community from different backgrounds and with different perspectives on sports and life. At all times, we expect our members to respect the different views that others bring.

Respectfulness... We expect our members to show respect for each other. Respecting their person, their views, their time and their opinions ... even if you disagree with them.

Harassment... Harassment occurs when a member insults, attacks, or denigrates another member at any time. We will have zero tolerance for anyone who takes an exchange about any topic to a personal level. Personal attacks and repeated critical and sharply negative posts toward a forum member can also constitute harassment.

Disruption... Posts which intend to disrupt the topic of conversation or steer the topic away from the focus of the forum and related news. Disruption can include harassment, multiple posting of the same post and posting completely off topic messages.

Vulgarity and Sexual Explicitness... As a community with a diverse variety of members and readers, we ask members to post without using vulgarity. Vulgarity includes vulgar language and pictures; sexist, racist, anti-religious or homophobic language; and the masking of words by inserting an asterisk * or another similar keystroke in place of one or more letters in a vulgar term. We realize that there's a 'grey area' of judgement with vulgarity but we ask that you'll respect others by keeping this guideline in mind.

Intelligence... This is a Bronco fan website with quality standards and members are expected to make a sincere effort to contribute their thoughts on interesting subjects in a meaningful and respectful manner. Posting messages and otherwise interacting with each other on BroncosFreak is completely optional; many members of this site often prefer to just read what others have to say. But if you do post, we expect that you’ll be respectful of the time of others by posting something meaningful.

To help maintain the best possible environment for all posters, a warning system is in place. Posters who abuse these guidelines will receive warnings. Multiple offenses will lead to restricted access to the site.

Thanks for posting these. One thing I want to make sure we have is rules that are as specific as possible (it is impossible to cover everything that could happen in a set of rules), and then are enforced.

topscribe
01-29-2008, 08:49 PM
How about if you dont see it on HBO then its not allowed. :salute:

Just what is it you don't see on HBO? :shocked:

-----

OB
02-10-2008, 10:27 PM
In certain forums, ie lounge and smack - if the bashee doesnt report the post or have a problem than i dont think it should be an issue for the mods - if the tick skins want to rag other thick skins - those who arent involved shouldnt worry about it - ie mind their own business - i say this cause i have had people report a comment made about me that I figure i can handle myself - Ive never reported someone (if not in jest) and i dont think anyone should report something on my behalf - BUT if i retaliate (ie they started it) they cant report my comeback - or if they do mods and such should take into consideration who started and and the fact the first person who got dissed never said anything the disser SHOULD expect something in return

Colorado4Life
04-05-2008, 04:57 PM
I propose we get rid of all the rules. Do I have a second?

BroncoBJ
04-06-2008, 03:22 AM
I propose we get rid of all the rules. Do I have a second?

I second that :salute:

It be nice to go here and just do as I please.
Though I know thats not happening. :lol:

Colorado4Life
04-14-2008, 04:11 PM
Rules and regulations are only put in place to limit freedom. This country was founded on freedom and the right of the individual to self-govern. We should do our upmost to allow people to self-govern. While I personally find some posters annoying, being stupid is not a crime yet, although there are certainly some good arguments for criminizalizing stupidity but that would violate the freedom of the idiot as there is an unwritten "right to be stupid."

NightTrainLayne
04-14-2008, 04:12 PM
Rules and regulations are only put in place to limit freedom. This country was founded on freedom and the right of the individual to self-govern. We should do our upmost to allow people to self-govern. While I personally find some posters annoying, being stupid is not a crime yet, although there are certainly some good arguments for criminizalizing stupidity but that would violate the freedom of the idiot as there is an unwritten "right to be stupid."

Based on this post I am now fully in favor of any and all anti-stupidity rules.

Colorado4Life
04-14-2008, 04:34 PM
Based on this post I am now fully in favor of any and all anti-stupidity rules.

You have a right to be a Communist.. But me and my dancing pink elefant [sic] are still your friends. ;):elefant:

Day1BroncoFan
04-14-2008, 04:56 PM

Hmm... :coffee:

AlWilsonizKING
04-14-2008, 05:17 PM
there is an unwritten "right to be stupid."

...I thought it was Dare to be Stupid. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nIlFsERnmk)

;)

On a side note.....is there a way to make a rule against going off topic in treads? I am tired of reading post after post where users go back and forth at each other, calling each other names/gay/make fun of rides/etc/etc......it's really annoying in the Pic's thread....you have to go through 3-4 pages of no pics, just people going back and forth at each other. Isn't that what PM's are for?

PEACE!!!

BroncoNut
05-06-2008, 08:18 PM

Beef, seriously, be careful. It's not like your a long time member here.

ApaOps5
09-22-2008, 10:28 AM
I smell SPAM.

EDIT: Nice work Mods that was some serious quick deletion!

OB
09-22-2008, 10:30 AM
faking is becoming a big headaches for www.lowestmall.com the nike company and other brand name shoes company. And they are suffering a great lost every year because of the faking. So the nike and sneakerheads have had somewhat of a problem with fakes and up until now, the sneakerheads were doing the best they could to inform others of fakes and to deter others from buying fakes.

Nike has deployed these signs at select merchants nationwide with an email address you can email into to report fakes. If you see a site or know of a shop selling bootlegs, do your civic duty as a sneakerhead and put an end to them.

I am a nike air force ones lover. I'm writing this arcle just want to www.lowestmall.com share some personal experience of how to tell the difference between authentic (real) variant (fake) nike air force ones. For the real nike air force ones, you can see the design of the shoe: 1) they are nice and evened out, 2) gum bottoms, 3) small holes at the foot of the shoes, 4)two large nike checks (one on each side), 5)the nike logo ontop of nike check and the word air under it located above where the heel of your foot would be (in the back), 6) the bottom should have a design that looks like 2 circles that have many rings with lines connecting them and the nike logo atop of the nike check where the arch of your foot would be, and 7)the inside sole should have a symbol that (if holding the shoe sideways) should look like a capital l with a lowercase e ontop of the leg of the l with the nike check in the hole of e.

If they really are aunthentic then sellers will tell you and in bold because they are pround of selling authentic nike air force ones. Others will most likely try to work around the authencity of their products, they will not come straight out and say that they are fake but will say that they are "factory variants", "variants", or just won't say at all which really means that they aren't authentic. But just in case, here's some ways that you may tell if they're fake: 1)the foot of the shoe seems high and may look like authentic shoes, 2)you may see glue where the seems are supposed to be shut, and 3) the inside does not have that l/e logo with the nike check in it but just a plain nike check or some other symbol.

If you can afford a reall one shoes, good, just buy a really one. Buy for many people, the price is too high for just only one pair of shoes which will take abouy hundreds of dollars. So the replica one will be their best choice, because it will seems like as reall one. That's why even nike company have done a lot to aganist to against replica shoes but there are still many replica ones sold in the market! And if you want high qualith replica nike shoes or other brand name shones or chothes, you can try this site www.lowestmall.com i once got some very good stuff from there. They are the best replica shoes i ever seen.

go away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sneakers
10-26-2008, 05:53 AM
8. No advertising – No links (including in signatures) intended to advertise or posts intended to advertise are permitted. If in doubt, request approval first.

In my signature, I have links that redirects to a non-profit parody site that I write in for fun. Is that Ok or not Ok under the new rules?

Lonestar
10-26-2008, 06:03 PM
In my signature, I have links that redirects to a non-profit parody site that I write in for fun. Is that Ok or not Ok under the new rules?

generally yes but should probably be cleared with Tned..

Commercial sites should not be linked..

This is the intent of the rule..

gnomeflinger
10-26-2008, 08:30 PM
Sneakers! :fish:

You threw me off and I thought the groove was changing in the forum.

Tned
10-26-2008, 08:37 PM
Sneakers! :fish:

You threw me off and I thought the groove was changing in the forum.

Well, a while back, I tried to move to a smaller, more streamlined set of rules, but as you can see from the replies, it didn't get much traction and kind of fizzled.