PDA

View Full Version : ****Important Info about THIS weeks Pickem****

Tned
09-05-2007, 06:56 PM
I have attempted to PM everyone that didn't put a MNF score in for the tiebreaker, but in case I missed anyone, you have to put in a score for both the Denver game and the MNF game. Since there are two MNF games this week, you should put in a score for the first or early MNF game.

For those that didn't see, BroncosForum.com will be sending a $10 Amazon.com gift certificate (was going to do one to the Broncos store, but wanted to have non-Bronc fans play too ;)) to the winner each week and $30 to the overall winner at the end of the year.

More details here:

http://broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=641

Tned
09-05-2007, 08:35 PM
Bump to make sure it stays on top to be read, but not up in the stickies that people ignore :D

Jaws
09-06-2007, 06:02 AM
Bumpin so others can read and to say how generous the gift is :salute:

BroncoBJ
09-06-2007, 06:13 AM
Very generous of you Tned. I apreciate all you have done for the site.
I put in both scores just to be safe.

And I dont want to be greedy but can we get an option if we want 10 dollars from the Broncos team store or from amazon? If not thats okay but since you mentioned Broncos team store my eyes lit up a little bit. I've never been on Amazon.com before so I dont know what they have.

Either way its a great offer by you.

Your doing a great job with the site and I look forward to being here for a long time.

fcspikeit
09-06-2007, 06:46 AM
I have attempted to PM everyone that didn't put a MNF score in for the tiebreaker, but in case I missed anyone, you have to put in a score for both the Denver game and the MNF game. Since there are two MNF games this week, you should put in a score for the first or early MNF game.

For those that didn't see, BroncosForum.com will be sending a $10 Amazon.com gift certificate (was going to do one to the Broncos store, but wanted to have non-Bronc fans play too ;)) to the winner each week and $30 to the overall winner at the end of the year.

More details here:

http://broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=641

I put a score on both Monday night games. Is that going to mess up the excel calculating system? If so I will go edit it

Tned
09-06-2007, 07:32 AM
I put a score on both Monday night games. Is that going to mess up the excel calculating system? If so I will go edit it

No, they are going to have to be hand entered anyway. At least this first week, we had quite a few peple that altered the order of the games (sometimes just slightly), used initials, or posted both teams, etc. So, as we go down the road we will try and get it to an automated (or closer) operation, but there will be quite a bit of hand work initially.

fcspikeit
09-06-2007, 02:11 PM
No, they are going to have to be hand entered anyway. At least this first week, we had quite a few peple that altered the order of the games (sometimes just slightly), used initials, or posted both teams, etc. So, as we go down the road we will try and get it to an automated (or closer) operation, but there will be quite a bit of hand work initially.

Thats to bad. I wonder if the people playing really know how much work goes into this sort of thing?

You and everyone that is running this site and this pickem are great! I would give you a CP if I could :) Beings I brought it up are you thinking of adding the CP here? I read through your CoC (I forget what it was called) and seen you said you would have an open forum to discuss the pros and cons about it. Has that happened yet? I would like to offer my 2 cents if possible.

We didn't always agree over at the other site but I always respected what you had to say and I had fun fishing with you :D

I want to thank you and everyone else for doing this, I know you guys don't get anything more out of it then the rest of us posters. :beer:

Also, if I ever happen to win a week you don't have to give me the 10$ gift card. But if you insist, can we wait until after the season and add all my winning together on one card? Here's to hoping :first:

Tned
09-06-2007, 02:17 PM
Thats to bad. I wonder if the people playing really know how much work goes into this sort of thing?

You and everyone that is running this site and this pickem are great! I would give you a CP if I could :) Beings I brought it up are you thinking of adding the CP here? I read through your CoC (I forget what it was called) and seen you said you would have an open forum to discuss the pros and cons about it. Has that happened yet? I would like to offer my 2 cents if possible.

We didn't always agree over at the other site but I always respected what you had to say and I had fun fishing with you :D

I want to thank you and everyone else for doing this, I know you guys don't get anything more out of it then the rest of us posters. :beer:

Also, if I ever happen to win a week you don't have to give me the 10$ gift card. But if you insist, can we wait until after the season and add all my winning together on one card? Here's to hoping :first:

I think I speak for all involved when I say it is worth any work we put in. :)

As to CP, here are a couple links where we have been discussing the pros and cons.

http://broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=271

and

http://broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=491

Reidman
09-11-2007, 01:35 AM

Since I have entered all the scores for everyone I can't stress how imperative it is to keep the games in order and please post only the winning teams, not both teams and then the winner afterward. Also, as Tned mentioned, initials make it difficult as well. When entering 56 participants, and 16 winners that equals 896 individual entries and my eyes go cross after a while. It was worse this first week since I entered all the data in basically one night so it should go smoother next week.

I have a new sense of respect for Deuce doing this with over 100 participants on Mania. But I hope we can start to get that kind f turnout here as well. I will tally the results soon and post in a separate thread.

sneakers
09-11-2007, 01:46 AM
Bump to make sure it stays on top to be read, but not up in the stickies that people ignore :D

Nah, you just need more asteriks**********!!

BroncoBJ
09-11-2007, 02:01 AM
Since I have entered all the scores for everyone I can't stress how imperative it is to keep the games in order and please post only the winning teams, not both teams and then the winner afterward. Also, as Tned mentioned, initials make it difficult as well. When entering 56 participants, and 16 winners that equals 896 individual entries and my eyes go cross after a while. It was worse this first week since I entered all the data in basically one night so it should go smoother next week.

I have a new sense of respect for Deuce doing this with over 100 participants on Mania. But I hope we can start to get that kind f turnout here as well. I will tally the results soon and post in a separate thread.

I feel your pain Reid.
If you need someone to talk to I'm there for you. :elefant: lol

But yea I Hate when people put stuff like Pit, Den, Buf, Chi.

They should spell it team and team name with no spelling errors either.

I help run one out here in my town. But its easier since its sheets that people circle the winners. :)

DenBronx
09-11-2007, 02:07 AM
:bump2::bump2::bump2:

hope i won!!!