PDA

View Full Version : what is it the crowd is chanting?

getagrip
12-03-2009, 01:56 PM
Hi,

Charger fan here and just an honest question. When I see your team play and the D is on the field, the D stops the run or makes a play...

What is it the fans chant? i can't figure it out, i want to say, "not our D" but can't get it...

Anyone care to share?

Thanks and Good Luck this weekend, will be tough but you "SHOULD" win....

Brand
12-03-2009, 02:04 PM
In - com - plete!!!!!

getagrip
12-03-2009, 02:12 PM
In - com - plete!!!!!

ahhhh... ty ty ty...

was in here a few weeks back.. did talk trash but that IS over.. enjoy reading the Denver board... most are realistic fans and then you have those just like the charger board....lol

good luck and thanks for the info

Lonestar
12-03-2009, 02:13 PM
In - com - plete!!!!!

I had to ask the same questions years ago.

But that is only on passes that are indeed incomplete.
When they moved to the new staduim there was a movement afoot to do away with that. The annoucer they had at the time did not want to key the public address system for the waa naa naaaa noise afterward. IIRC there was a lot of upset folks and finally they started doing it again under pressure from the fans.

NOW that could all be howey but that was how I remembered the story.

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel.

getagrip
12-03-2009, 02:14 PM

When they moved to the new staduim there was a movement afoot to do away with that. The annoucer they had at the time did not want to key the public address system for the waa naa naaaa noise afterward. IIRC there was a lot of upset folks and finally they started doing it again under pressure from the fans.

I think it sounds GREAT...

Lonestar
12-03-2009, 02:20 PM
ahhhh... ty ty ty...

was in here a few weeks back.. did talk trash but that IS over.. enjoy reading the Denver board... most are realistic fans and then you have those just like the charger board....lol

good luck and thanks for the info

We have a lot of good Bolt fans here and for the most part not a lot of trash talking. Just really good chat.

Tarsh talking belongs in Smack but Gem will beat you to death in there enter at your peril.

We welcome fans from all teams KCL has been a member as long as any of us and is the class of KC fans.

Come see us anytime and good luck in the playoffs with norv. As a coach you will need it you have the horses to win it all and your window is closing so it is this year or never.

BCJ
12-03-2009, 02:30 PM
We also say "You suck (qb name)!" after the IN-COM-PLETE! chant in some sections in the SOuth Stands. It should catch on.

silkamilkamonico
12-03-2009, 02:34 PM
Honestly, I can't stand that chant and wish they would rid it.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-03-2009, 02:42 PM

Somewhat correct - it was not when the team moved to Invesco, but it was last year when Allen Roach took over as the stadium announcer after the long standing one retired. It was a tradition at Mile High forever, and at Invesco, and I am surprised that no other team has it picked up, because the "Hey" song was first used by Colorado Rockies (first NHL team in Colorado), and spread to the Broncos, and now all, or nearly all NFL teams use it.

http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/topics/Colorado_Rockies_%28NHL%29

" (AKA "the Hey Song") was first played in a sport setting at Rockies games in the late 1970s and was later played in most North American sports venues to celebrate home team scores for the better part of 25 years .

AND :welcome: to Broncos Forums getagrip

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
12-03-2009, 02:44 PM
Honestly, I can't stand that ****** chant and wish they would rid it.

:mad:

Traveler
12-03-2009, 02:45 PM
Honestly, I can't stand that ****** chant and wish they would rid it.

+1!

I was firmly on the side of the announcer that wanted to get rid of the chant.

Lame and corny IMO! Makes it sound like the fans have to celebrate because the defense rarely stopped teams from passing.

Hmmm....wait a minute!:eek:

NightTrainLayne
12-03-2009, 02:58 PM
I could never figure it out either until I attended a game against the Vikings at Mile High back in '99 for my first home game live. No-one else in Kansas where I grew up was a Broncos fan.

I always thought they were saying something like "It's Our Team", but that never made sense. When the first Randall Cunningham throw fell to the ground I wanted to kick myself for never putting it together that the chant only came after incomplete passes.

Myself, I like the chant. I could do without the "wa, wa, wa, waaaaaa" sound afterward, but I like the chant. I think occasionally it gets in the other QB's head, although that's probably wishful thinking.

GEM
12-03-2009, 03:02 PM
I like the chant, but I'm with NTL...drop the waaa,waaaa,waaaa.

WTE
12-03-2009, 03:05 PM
I'm glad the question was asked. I've always wondered what the crowd was chanting.

Personally, I like the chant. It's the type of entusiasm you see at college games and rarely in NFL games.

I wish the crowd at Patriots games had the same level of excitement. I think our fans are some of the lamest in the league.

claymore
12-03-2009, 03:07 PM
I'm glad the question was asked. I've always wondered what the crowd was chanting.

Personally, I like the chant. It's the type of entusiasm you see at college games and rarely in NFL games.

I wish the crowd at Patriots games had the same level of excitement. I think our fans are some of the lamest in the league.

Me too! :flock:

Lonestar
12-03-2009, 03:14 PM
thanks to Carol for setting the record straight I knew it had to do with the announcer did not realize they changed and he was just a wuss..

KCL
12-03-2009, 03:19 PM
I like the chant, but I'm with NTL...drop the waaa,waaaa,waaaa.

I think the chant is fine..when the Chiefs make a first down (and yes sometimes they do)..The announcer will say...And it's a Kansas City and the fans will yell "First Down"...but that waaa waaa thing is stupid...funny thing is when ever we get a Denver game shown here and I watch it...I catch myself listening for that annoying sound..:lol:

girler
12-03-2009, 03:23 PM
Back in the day when Mr.B and I went to the SD game in '98 (brought the baby in utero :laugh:) there was a SD fan sitting behind us. That chant got sooo into his head, he couldn't stop whining about it. Every time one of his guys missed the ball, we would yell, and he would whine. Eventually the friend he came with told him to shut up crying about it, and I turned around and said "YES PLEASE!!!" :whistle:

I probably could have said more since pregnant ladies are allowed, but I was nice then. :salute: I just yelled IN-COM-PLETE all the louder afterward. :girl:

Lonestar
12-03-2009, 03:27 PM
I can't believe it sides not get into their heads to some degree.. when you have almost dead silence and then the chant they have to hear it and if they dropped the ball they press just a bit more next time and same goes for a BAD throw by the QB..

not saying it is a game maker or breaker but it is a rare guy that does not hear that much sound..

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
12-03-2009, 03:37 PM
I think it's great, the more chants the better. I'm a strong believer in the crowd helping the team and I really think it makes a difference, look at any fussball game in Europe and you'll see (and hear) what I mean. The momentum from the stands can inject into the team's performance and in my opinion can be the difference between winning and losing. I'm surprised that there isn't a lot more songs/chants in the NFL.

The Glue Factory
12-03-2009, 03:45 PM
Somewhat correct - it was not when the team moved to Invesco, but it was last year when Allen Roach took over as the stadium announcer after the long standing one retired. It was a tradition at Mile High forever, and at Invesco, and I am surprised that no other team has it picked up, because the "Hey" song was first used by Colorado Rockies (first NHL team in Colorado), and spread to the Broncos, and now all, or nearly all NFL teams use it.

http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/topics/Colorado_Rockies_%28NHL%29

" (AKA "the Hey Song") was first played in a sport setting at Rockies games in the late 1970s and was later played in most North American sports venues to celebrate home team scores for the better part of 25 years .

AND :welcome: to Broncos Forums getagrip

For clarity "the Hey Song" is actually "Rock & Roll (part two)" by Gary Glitter.

NightTrainLayne
12-03-2009, 03:50 PM
For clarity "the Hey Song" is actually "Rock & Roll (part two)" by Gary Glitter.

Who is a pedophile.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
12-03-2009, 03:55 PM

Give them credit they didn't exist ten years ago.

WTE
12-03-2009, 04:02 PM
Give them credit they didn't exist ten years ago.

Wrong. The Patriots have sold out every preseason, regular season and playoff game since 1994. That's nearly 170 games in a row.

It's just that in the last 5 years the Wine and Cheese Club has taken over Gillette.

MaddMatt
12-03-2009, 04:02 PM
Personally I think it's great - From my South Stands seats I've seen a couple opposing QB's have Mile High meltdowns, Bledsoe comes to mind, but the fans were also chanting "Bled-Soe, Bled-Soe....." in a really annoying kind of sing-songy voice every time he came to the line, and more than once saw him turn around and look up at the south stands. When a QB is stopping what he's doing to look into the stands, either John Candy is watching the game or you know you got into his head.

NightTrainLayne
12-03-2009, 04:18 PM
Wrong. The Patriots have sold out every preseason, regular season and playoff game since 1994. That's nearly 170 games in a row.

It's just that in the last 5 years the Wine and Cheese Club has taken over Gillette.

Wow. 1994. That's pretty impressive.

The Broncos had already sold out 25 consecutive years up to that point, and still haven't missed a beat. :D Sold out consecutively since 1969 if my memory serves.

Ravage!!!
12-03-2009, 04:20 PM
I think the "waa waa waa" is MUCH funnier than the In-com-plete.... it still makes me chuckle on occasion.

girler
12-03-2009, 04:21 PM
Personally I think it's great - From my South Stands seats I've seen a couple opposing QB's have Mile High meltdowns, Bledsoe comes to mind, but the fans were also chanting "Bled-Soe, Bled-Soe....." in a really annoying kind of sing-songy voice every time he came to the line, and more than once saw him turn around and look up at the south stands. When a QB is stopping what he's doing to look into the stands, either John Candy is watching the game or you know you got into his head.

:hahaha: My favorite chant is "Maaaaarrtyyyyyyy!" But he's not coaching anyone right now. :tsk: Sometimes I'll chant it anyway just for old times' sake. :laugh:

GEM
12-03-2009, 04:21 PM
Who is a pedophile.

Which really has nothing to do with the song. :shrugs:

claymore
12-03-2009, 04:23 PM

Unless the kid he was touching yelled "Hey".

girler
12-03-2009, 04:27 PM
Unless the kid he was touching yelled "Hey".

I'm sorry. I totally snorted at this. I apologize in advance.

WTE
12-03-2009, 04:31 PM
Wow. 1994. That's pretty impressive.

The Broncos had already sold out 25 consecutive years up to that point, and still haven't missed a beat. :D Sold out consecutively since 1969 if my memory serves.

That's because there's nothing else to do in Denver except drink beer, watch football and chant.

GEM
12-03-2009, 04:32 PM
That's because there's nothing else to do in Denver except drink beer, watch football and chant.

You forgot kicking tumbleweeds. :rolleyes:

:laugh:

girler
12-03-2009, 04:40 PM
You forgot kicking tumbleweeds. :rolleyes:

:laugh:

Hell it's a good thing we got us this here interweb thingie. Now we know that there is a whole big world out there with cars and lights and... and... and Tom Brady!!! :faint:

Northman
12-03-2009, 04:42 PM
Thats ok, up until this year Missy and I thought they were chanting "Eat our D!". Seemed kind of fitting the last couple of years. lol

KCL
12-03-2009, 04:43 PM
Thats ok, up until this year Missy and I thought they were chanting "Eat our D!". Seemed kind of fitting the last couple of years. lol

Does the D stand for defense or dic.....oh uh nevermind...You meant
defense..:lol:

claymore
12-03-2009, 04:44 PM
I cant believe you guys didnt know what the chant was!!!!!!!

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128

And kick some patriot ass. :salute:

claymore
Does the D stand for defense or dic.....oh uh nevermind...You meant
defense..:lol:

Steady girlllll :mod:

KCL
12-03-2009, 04:45 PM
Steady girlllll :mod:

I'm always steady....:laugh:

DenBronx
12-03-2009, 04:58 PM
worst chant ever: raaaaaiiiiiderrrrrsssss raaaaaiiiiiiderrrrrrrssss

go to a game in oakland and you will know what i'm talking about. it's annoying as hell.

Buff
12-03-2009, 05:10 PM

I think you've confused us with the Nebraska Cornhuskers.

Buff
12-03-2009, 05:15 PM

Exactly. I thought it was ridiculous when the NFL asked teams to stop playing the song based on his conviction. Talk about cherry-picking. Since when are we banning music based on criminal convictions?

getagrip
12-03-2009, 05:21 PM

Exactly, it's makes your heart pump, and it is exciting like a college game. Doesn't KC have a chant too?

getagrip
12-03-2009, 05:27 PM
Must say, being a "troll", i find this board to be one of the best if not the best and here is why....lol

i have read to page 3 of this thread and there are no;

Name Calling
Cursing
Downing someone due to "their" opinion...

on the charger board, i give it to end of page one and the whinning starts, shoot, we beat you guys a few weeks back and low and behold, fans were complaining, still not happy.. UNREAL.. but, i dont' consider them much of fans if they have to down someone to feel better.....

GEM
12-03-2009, 05:33 PM
Must say, being a "troll", i find this board to be one of the best if not the best and here is why....lol

Name Calling
Cursing

on the charger board, i give it to end of page one and the whinning starts, shoot, we beat you guys a few weeks back and low and behold, fans were complaining, still not happy.. UNREAL.. but, i dont' consider them much of fans if they have to down someone to feel better.....

You came on a bit strong when you were first here. :laugh:

We don't consider our rival fans trolls unless they earn the title...hell we have a few Broncos trolls. :laugh: Many of our rival fans are good friends here that share, above a team, share a love for football in general.

girler
12-03-2009, 05:36 PM

Name Calling
Cursing

I must say that you aren't much of a "troll" since nothing you have said is stupid or annoying or baiting. The SD boards are 90% full of trolls for their own team! :laugh:

slim
12-03-2009, 05:43 PM

Name Calling
Cursing

I think this is mainly due to the fact that the thread has been off topic since about the 6th post.

GEM
12-03-2009, 05:52 PM
I think this is mainly due to the fact that the thread has been off topic since about the 6th post.

Yea....just don't bring up Cutler. :laugh:

Denver Native (Carol)
12-03-2009, 05:59 PM

I know that - but at the Bronco games - it is better known as "the Hey Song" :D

Denver Native (Carol)
12-03-2009, 06:00 PM

Obviously you have never been here :mad:

KCL
12-03-2009, 07:11 PM
worst chant ever: raaaaaiiiiiderrrrrsssss raaaaaiiiiiiderrrrrrrssss

go to a game in oakland and you will know what i'm talking about. it's annoying as hell.

I like the way Berman says The Raiders..:D

KCL
12-03-2009, 07:15 PM

GEM...You just had to do it :doh:

:lol:

KCL
12-03-2009, 07:23 PM
Exactly, it's makes your heart pump, and it is exciting like a college game. Doesn't KC have a chant too?

When the Chiefs played the Steelers..the fans started up the war chant..they use to do it years ago with the tomahawk chop...I hope they keep doing it.

This isn't the Chiefs fans obviously but this is what I'm talking about.

54yiJPmhWHs

Bozo Jr.
12-03-2009, 08:03 PM
Ya it took me a while to figure it out myself. I thought the chant was

"Plays... Of... The Week" as a sarcastic gesture lol. :laugh:

dogfish
12-03-2009, 08:38 PM

helloooo, WTE! you forgot some of the world's finest winter sports, hiking, camping, rock climbing, etc. . .

:wave:

not to mention the amazing mexican food. . . you think that garbage chowdah is good? colorado green chili destroys that junk even more thoroughly than the broncos destroy the patriots. . . . :D

slim
12-03-2009, 09:03 PM
Exactly. I thought it was ridiculous when the NFL asked teams to stop playing the song based on his conviction. Talk about cherry-picking. Since when are we banning music based on criminal convictions?

Right, the dude gets paid every time the song is played.

The NFL shouldn't care they are subsidizing a child rapist.

In fact, we should probably all do that.

Superchop 7
12-04-2009, 12:24 AM
Actually.....they scream SUP-ER-CHOP !

Requiem / The Dagda
12-04-2009, 01:47 AM
Seminoles should replace the Chiefs in the NFL. :werd:

Dean
12-04-2009, 06:41 AM

In an attempt to liven up the morning, here is a Bang Cartoon on the subject. It is brought to you by Thinkin 101 on Broncomania.

http://www.bangcartoon.com/2009/pick_sick.htm

Enjoy!

broncofaninfla
12-04-2009, 10:09 AM
For years I thought they were saying "That's our D!!" LOL!

MileHighCrew
12-04-2009, 11:18 AM
For years I thought they were saying "That's our D!!" LOL!

I use to sit in my living room screaming THATS OUR D
Then I went to my first game in Denver. I was IN.. COM.. PLETE :salute:

NightTrainLayne
12-04-2009, 12:52 PM
I use to sit in my living room screaming THATS OUR D
Then I went to my first game in Denver. I was IN.. COM.. PLETE :salute:

I am still appalled at how I could mistake it for "That's Our Team". The first two words are nothing alike. But I'm glad I'm not alone.

WARHORSE
12-04-2009, 12:58 PM
I am still appalled at how I could mistake it for "That's Our Team". The first two words are nothing alike. But I'm glad I'm not alone.

For years I thought they were saying "Its Your Feet".:elefant:

broncofaninfla
12-04-2009, 01:24 PM
Even now when watching the game in tv land it sounds like "that's our D!". I've been in sports bars and heard other fans say the same thing. I was floored when I found out yet I still say That's our D!!!