PDA

View Full Version : Punkrockers!!!!!!!

DenverBronkHoes
01-27-2008, 01:01 PM
is it possible to have only 1 punk and 1 marlin fan..... BOTH of which are the same people, on broncosforums.com?

well yes

I will attempt to celebrate the history of punk, where it evolved, and where its going... Not to mention the great bands that have came along for the ride....

We can talk about Ska too....

MOtorboat
01-27-2008, 01:02 PM
I can play three chords too.

Slick
01-27-2008, 01:19 PM
I still listen to NOFX occasionally...but the Marlins...not so much.

DenverBronkHoes
01-27-2008, 01:22 PM
3 chords?

MB... are you generalizing?

Not saying there is not alot of cheeezyness out there... Punk rock traditionally started as a form of garage style, no talent, just getting high and jammin out type of music..

Anyone can play cheezball music, the guys with real talent are the punk bands that are legends and that are still around today.....

NOFX and Bad Religion have been doing over 20 years... i can tell u now that 3 chord talent will not get u 2 decades and counting worth of music

DenverBronkHoes
01-27-2008, 01:23 PM
I still listen to NOFX occasionally...but the Marlins...not so much.

best punk band ever right there

Slick
01-27-2008, 01:37 PM
Couple of my favorite cover art of theirs

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w309/slickdonkey7/528.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w309/slickdonkey7/708.jpg

DenverBronkHoes
01-27-2008, 01:40 PM
awesome......

i have everything from them if u need anything... let me know....

not too mention 100k MP3s of everything accept country

Slick
01-27-2008, 01:50 PM
awesome......

i have everything from them if u need anything... let me know....

not too mention 100k MP3s of everything accept country

I've got:
Liberal Animation
I heard they suck Live
Never Trust a Hippie
White Trash Two Heebs and a Bean
The Longest Line
So Long and Thanks for all the Shoes
Liberal Animation
Ribbed
Pump up the Valuum
Heavy Petting Zoo
Punk in Drublic

If I'm missing a good one, let me know.

DenverBronkHoes
01-27-2008, 01:57 PM
u got the goodies.... ur missing a couple.... theres a crap-ton of 7" LPs too...

u need "the decline".... 18 min album.. 1 song... Ill get it to you if u need it.. Greatest punk song ever written

aberdien
01-27-2008, 02:02 PM
The Clash.

MOtorboat
01-27-2008, 02:04 PM
The Ramones...

...and although I'm not a big fan, the Sex Pistols.

Slick
01-27-2008, 02:06 PM
u got the goodies.... ur missing a couple.... theres a crap-ton of 7" LPs too...

u need "the decline".... 18 min album.. 1 song... Ill get it to you if u need it.. Greatest punk song ever written

Cool. I'll look for it once I shake this hangover off. If I can't find it I'll hit you up later. Thanks.

Slick
01-27-2008, 02:10 PM
The Clash kills. Good call. Same with the Ramones, and yea, I don't think I've listened to a Sex Pistols album since high school.

No where near the musicians in other Genres, MB, your 3 chord comment definitely has merit, but not as far as NOFX is concerned. They broke the mold.

MOtorboat
01-27-2008, 02:16 PM
The Clash kills. Good call. Same with the Ramones, and yea, I don't think I've listened to a Sex Pistols album since high school.

No where near the musicians in other Genres, MB, your 3 chord comment definitely has merit, but not as far as NOFX is concerned. They broke the mold.

Meh, I was making fun of Hoe.

I think you can definitely group early grunge into punk music too...it just originated in a different place (Seattle) than "punk" (Washington D.C., New York and London)...

I mean, early Nirvana definitely has some punk origins, and the Pixies do too. Mudhoney definitely had some punk in them and Sonic Youth did as well, all early "grunge" bands.

Skinny
01-27-2008, 02:21 PM
I listen to a little bit of The Romans, The Clash and The Sex Pistols every now and then, not that much. I listen to more Post Punk ... The Cure etc ...

Green Day (back in the day)
Social Distortion
Violent Femmes (folk Punk)

Black Flag
Circle Jerks
Bad Brains
Misfits
Suicidal Tendencies
Dead Kennedys
Meat Puppets

Some that i can think of off the top of my head ...

Slick
01-27-2008, 02:25 PM
Meh, I was making fun of Hoe.

I think you can definitely group early grunge into punk music too...it just originated in a different place (Seattle) than "punk" (Washington D.C., New York and London)...

I mean, early Nirvana definitely has some punk origins, and the Pixies do too. Mudhoney definitely had some punk in them and Sonic Youth did as well, all early "grunge" bands.

Agreed.

DenverBronkHoes
01-27-2008, 05:03 PM
I listen to a little bit of The Romans, The Clash and The Sex Pistols every now and then, not that much. I listen to more Post Punk ... The Cure etc ...

Social Distortion

Black Flag
Circle Jerks
Bad Brains
Misfits
Suicidal Tendencies
Dead Kennedys
Meat Puppets

minor threat
fear
exploited

its has evolved ALOt since those days....

i was still wet behind my ears when these bands were around... i respect all of them and what they brought to table of punks....

Jello Biafra is the fugging man

AlWilsonizKING
01-27-2008, 05:28 PM
I'm not a huge punk fan but Social D is by far my favorite!! I also like Bad Religion, Suicidal Tendancies, Rise Against and Dead Kennedys.

PEACE!!!

Skinny
01-27-2008, 05:34 PM
Minor Threat, another good one. I was into Skateboarding heavy in the mid 80s and 90s and all my freinds were listening to those groups so they slowly crept their way into my musical fold somewhat. I was still pretty much a Rock N Roll hair band nut then mostly ...

DenverBronkHoes
01-27-2008, 05:35 PM
FUGAZI is also very good

DenverBronkHoes
01-27-2008, 05:38 PM
nofx
bad religion
leftover crack
against me
propagandhi
screeching weasel
lagwagon
anti-flag
guttermouth
the lillingtons

DenverBronkHoes
01-27-2008, 05:39 PM
i host a very good playlist on my myspace page of all great bands

DenverBronkHoes
01-27-2008, 05:47 PM
I'm not a huge punk fan but Social D is by far my favorite!! I also like Bad Religion, Suicidal Tendancies, Rise Against and Dead Kennedys.

PEACE!!!

social D is good stuff.... a girlfreind of mine just got the skeleton tatted on her shoulder blade.... pretty bad ass tat

AlWilsonizKING
01-27-2008, 08:57 PM
social D is good stuff...

Yeah they are....and I forgot to mention Fugazi..."Sittin' in the waiting room!!!"

Not sure if they are considered "punk" but I also like Atari Teenage Riot.

PEACE!!!

slim
01-27-2008, 09:04 PM
I was a punk when I was a kid...but I out grew it.

studbucket
01-27-2008, 09:11 PM
I like many of the bands mentioned here, but my favorites that fall into some form of punk are The Offspring, Brand New, and I like some Rise Against periodically.

aberdien
01-27-2008, 09:51 PM
The Offspring, The Clash, and Dead Kennedys are basically the only punk I listen to.

DenverBronkHoes
01-27-2008, 10:16 PM
I was a punk when I was a kid...but I out grew it.

you cannot outgrow a state of mind..... for you, it was just a fashion or a phase...

DenverBronkHoes
01-27-2008, 10:17 PM
rise against is good stuff...

WOW!!! i am so surprised on the popularity of this thread..... This is really cool. i think im going to cry

MOtorboat
01-27-2008, 10:41 PM
I think Rage Against the Machine has a lot of punk ideals in their music...

studbucket
01-27-2008, 11:11 PM
I think Rage Against the Machine has a lot of punk ideals in their music...

Agreed, but their music is much more funk, which I'm sure you know...I'll shut up now.

MOtorboat
01-27-2008, 11:21 PM
Agreed, but their music is much more funk, which I'm sure you know...I'll shut up now.

Funk, yes, but I really can't group them in to 1970s Funk, but I can combine them with Funk-Punk, with a little hip-hop...I'm sure you can agree.

Don't shut up now stud...we need some more music conversation around here...

aberdien
01-27-2008, 11:26 PM
Whatever they are they're super innovative.

DenverBronkHoes
01-27-2008, 11:41 PM
Funk, yes, but I really can't group them in to 1970s Funk, but I can combine them with Funk-Punk, with a little hip-hop...I'm sure you can agree.

Don't shut up now stud...we need some more music conversation around here...

heres a good word for it...... "mainstream"

good band

AlWilsonizKING
01-28-2008, 12:05 PM
heres a good word for it...... "mainstream"

It wasn't "mainstream" back in 90 when they started....it was "ground breaking"...until the likes of Bimp Lizkit and and others who to it to "mainstream" status......:rolleyes:

PEACE!!!

MOtorboat
01-28-2008, 12:07 PM
It wasn't "mainstream" back in 90 when they started....it was "ground breaking"...until the likes of Bimp Lizkit and and others who to it to "mainstream" status......:rolleyes:

PEACE!!!

Limp Bizkit screwed up a lot of music, imo...but that's just my opinion.

DenverBronkHoes
01-30-2008, 08:33 PM
ill be seeing NOFX again in orlando at House of Bues if anyone knows what the hell im ytalking about..... Feb 22nd is the show

aberdien
02-02-2008, 01:21 AM
Limp Bizkit screwed up a lot of music, imo...but that's just my opinion.

Limp Bizkit makes me barf.

sneakers
02-02-2008, 05:40 AM
ill be seeing NOFX again in orlando at House of Bues if anyone knows what the hell im ytalking about..... Feb 22nd is the show

NoFX still exists? :confused:

I always thought they were incredibly untalented, and stupid (I am straightedge :D....no really I have never had a beer before in my life).

I like 90's Hardcore, not this screemo crap that passes for it now a days.

Bozo Jr.
02-02-2008, 08:43 AM
Dead Kennedys

DenverBronkHoes
02-02-2008, 11:26 AM
jello biafra baby

lets lynch the landlord!!!

DenverBronkHoes
02-05-2008, 07:42 PM
got a cheapy turntable... listneing to some old and new vinyls....

got the new NOFX live album.... its great... im seeing them in 2 weeks in Orlando

yay

DenverBronkHoes
02-05-2008, 11:53 PM
NoFX still exists? :confused:

I always thought they were incredibly untalented, and stupid (I am straightedge :D....no really I have never had a beer before in my life).

I like 90's Hardcore, not this screemo crap that passes for it now a days.

25 years and counting....

untalented and stupid? well they did something right...

90's hardcore like Sick Of It All?

shank
02-06-2008, 02:35 AM
fugazi (+ minor threat- or any of ian mckaye's other bands)
nofx
misfits
against me
bad religion
pennywise
rancid
badwhere
streetlight manifesto
big d and the kids table
mad caddies
less than jake (there older stuff)
the chinkees
the aquabats

off the top of my head... already took nyquil-brain no fruncshuning...

DenverBronkHoes
02-06-2008, 02:52 AM
ska fan too...

gotta love

the specials
english beat
toasters
bosstones
hippos
buck o nine
skatalites
mustard plug
mad caddies
voo doo glow skulls

ok im done thinking

DenverBronkHoes
02-06-2008, 02:54 AM
anti nowhere league
choking victim

DenverBronkHoes
02-06-2008, 02:55 AM
Mike Patton

mr bungle
peeping tom
fantomas

obviously faith no more

DenverBronkHoes
02-06-2008, 03:01 AM
pork dukes and crass

sneakers
02-10-2008, 07:55 PM
25 years and counting....

untalented and stupid? well they did something right...

90's hardcore like Sick Of It All?

I love Sick of it All!!!

Slick
02-10-2008, 08:04 PM
Mike Patton

mr bungle
peeping tom
fantomas

obviously faith no more

I like listening to that solid black Fantomas CD in the dark. It literally scares me.

DenverBronkHoes
02-10-2008, 09:36 PM
I like listening to that solid black Fantomas CD in the dark. It literally scares me.

ever heard "a man and his mike" ??

its basically Patton with a recorder and a mic... Pretty cool stuff...

i tihnk its full name is called.... Adult themes for voice.... a man and his mike

i got the CD somewhere

Slick
02-10-2008, 09:42 PM
no, but I'll hunt for it, I think a friend of mine has it. I have to be in the right mood for Fantomas, it's not an everyday listen for me. Mr Bungle I like too. Good call.

DenverBronkHoes
02-10-2008, 09:59 PM
yea... not an everyday listen is a good description.... u almost have to be conditioned for it.

Mike owns IPECAC Recordings.... Very cool line up of bands including The Kids of Whidney Highschool..... Which basically is a special education music class that sings and plays instruments... i guess Patton thought it be cool to take a class for of mentally challenged kids and record them.... Theres other bans too.... Lucky Stars, The Melvins, Dalek, The Moistboyz..... alot of experimental music... 1 thing is for sure..... There 1 band that sounds like another on that label...

DenverBronkHoes
02-19-2008, 07:11 PM
truly another amazing night that will be files away with those other ones that you never seen to forget....

anyone going to make it?

DenverBronkHoes
02-23-2008, 09:17 PM
Anyone who has seen them....... Do i really have to explain....?

simply amazing.... first show of the tour.. I think i sweated off 8 lbs...almost got jump by a roid head and his idiotic male dominant friends. Got drunk for the first time in 2 month.... itll be atleast another 2

just a HELLA good time.... see them if u can

frauschieze
02-25-2008, 04:12 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2173/2291596933_c6abc6af7b_o.jpg

DenverBronkHoes
03-06-2008, 05:53 PM

u still rule Robin

DenverBronkHoes
03-21-2008, 02:49 AM

i love this..... lol

anyway..... the guy in the cartoon is wearing a TSOL shirt(the sons of liberty)... the artist could have brought a little more to the table....

very funny

anyways

DenverBronkHoes
03-21-2008, 02:50 AM
give me vinyl or give me death

DenverBronkHoes
03-27-2008, 03:41 PM
CHECK OUT TWITCH!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3vD-YMIhS7E

shank
04-07-2008, 09:00 PM
was introduced to the band whole wheat bread on saturday when i went to see authority zero at the gothic. (everyone in here already knows that authority is the shit!)

check out whole wheat bread, good punk music, mixed with some hip-hop crunk stuff. i really liked the music and they put on a great show. they had a few hundred white punk rockers at the gothic screaming, "i love black people!"

http://www.myspace.com/wholewheatbread

http://www.wholewheatbread.net/news.php

DenverBronkHoes
04-19-2008, 06:24 AM
jello

sneakers
04-19-2008, 11:28 PM
I saw MxPx in town last thursday...I hadn't listened to them in 8 years or so.

DenverBronkHoes
05-07-2008, 12:05 PM
If u have FUSE on your TV..... there a show called...

NOFX: Back Stage Passport

its the greatest show i have ever seen

DenverBronkHoes
05-12-2008, 12:49 AM
green dragon

Hogan11
05-13-2008, 12:37 AM
ska fan too...

gotta love

the specials
english beat
toasters
bosstones
hippos
buck o nine
skatalites
mustard plug
mad caddies
voo doo glow skulls

ok im done thinking

No mention of The Pietasters? :tsk:

Hogan11
05-13-2008, 12:40 AM
I've actually been listening to a couple of my all time fave '77 punk albums as of late...namely The Damned's "Damned, Damned, Damned" and The Saints (I'm) Stranded.
Bona fide classics each, the Early Saints albums feature one of the most devestating guitar sounds in recorded history...taylor made for feedback and noise addicts (like me)

DenverBronkHoes
05-13-2008, 06:31 AM
No mention of The Pietasters? :tsk:

new york ska at one of its finest

haroldthebarrel
05-13-2008, 07:31 AM
ska fan too...

gotta love

the specials
english beat
toasters
bosstones
hippos
buck o nine
skatalites
mustard plug
mad caddies
voo doo glow skulls

ok im done thinking

how can you do a list and forget the greatest ska/punk/rock band of them all.
Gotta include The Police. Or are they reggae inspired? Anyway ska and reggae are basicaly the same.

Hogan11
05-13-2008, 08:57 AM
new york ska at one of its finest

They hail from DC & Baltimore.

Hogan11
05-13-2008, 09:10 AM
how can you do a list and forget the greatest ska/punk/rock band of them all.
Gotta include The Police. Or are they reggae inspired? Anyway ska and reggae are basicaly the same.

They were reggae influenced....and were a bit more commercial than The Clash was with it.

The only time The Police ever got close to ska was on two tracks from Zenyatta Mondatta ("Man In A Suitcase" and to a lesser degree "Canary In A Coalmine") both of which will more than demonstrate both the difference between a reggae and ska influence/style and how the band was not above hopping onto the latest trend in the UK (since 79 & 80 were the big years for 2nd wave ska in the UK).

haroldthebarrel
05-13-2008, 09:15 AM
They were reggae influenced....and were a bit more commercial than The Clash was with it.

The only time The Police ever got close to ska was on two tracks from Zenyatta Mondatta ("Man In A Suitcase" and to a lesser degree "Canary In A Coalmine") both of which will more than demonstrate both the difference between a reggae and ska influence/style and how the band was not above hopping onto the latest trend in the UK (since 79 & 80 were the big years for 2nd wave ska in the UK).

Dude the only guy who ever reasoned how I got my username is here. :hail:

As I said, I dont really know what constitute reggae and what ska is. I always thought the Police was a ska inspired band though, but as you say i might be wrong on that.

Hogan11
05-13-2008, 09:21 AM
Dude the only guy who ever reasoned how I got my username is here. :hail:

As I said, I dont really know what constitute reggae and what ska is. I always thought the Police was a ska inspired band though, but as you say i might be wrong on that.

Hey Harold :salute:

Yeah, becoming a bit more active here as the Mane is looking like it's down for much longer than expected.

As for the differences between reggae & ska...it's best if I just leave it to Bob Marley to explain it :D

http://www.5min.com/Video/The-difference-between-Ska-Reggae-and-Rocksteady-7915

Damn, doesn't look like you can embed things here

broncobryce
05-14-2008, 06:35 PM
YES, punk rock is the only way to go. Operation Ivy is good, Rancid, Misfits, NOFX. Hell yeah.

ApaOps5
05-14-2008, 06:53 PM
Well I consider myself a fan of Punk. I like all sorts. Believe it or not my step-dad got me started on The Clash and the Ramones.

I like all sorts of genres. Pretty much all of them named here. I also like Dropkick Murphy's and I also liked Blink 182 way way back before they got commercialized. I also really like the Cure.

Escobar
05-14-2008, 06:55 PM
I like n'sync and backstreet boys. THEY ROCK :elefant:

Escobar
05-14-2008, 07:06 PM
na but for real, i like this song, i don't know if this classifys as punk rock but it was on mlb 2k8

http://youtube.com/watch?v=G8CqkUrKFDk

chill track, they have many cool songs on it actually

Hogan11
05-14-2008, 07:11 PM
na but for real, i like this song, i don't know if this classifys as punk rock but it was on mlb 2k8

The Strokes may be a bit overhyped, but that doesn't detract from them being a great band one iota. "Is This It?" is a modern rock classic.

ApaOps5
05-14-2008, 08:04 PM
Good stuff, I like the strokes. I also am a fan of Rage Against the Machine, and System of a Down.

DenverBronkHoes
05-14-2008, 09:05 PM
80's

7 seconds
minor threat
crass
misfits
dead milkmen
exploited
fear
damned
replacements
adolelscent
angry somoans
DRI

ETC

i came from the mid 90's scene

i listened to bands like nofx, bad religion, lagwagon, face to face, 10 ft pole, propagandhi, guttermouth, etc.... alot of orange county california influence....

i got a killer list of songs on my myspace profile if anyone cares to listen.....

DenverBronkHoes
05-28-2008, 11:56 PM

the strokes are very cool.....

CrazyHorse
05-30-2008, 04:00 PM
i love this..... lol

anyway..... the guy in the cartoon is wearing a TSOL shirt(the sons of liberty)... the artist could have brought a little more to the table....

very funny

anyways

TSOL is really good, I like them a lot.

The best song by
Nofx - Reagan Sucks
for obvious reasons

shank
05-30-2008, 04:11 PM
i love the strokes.

shank
05-31-2008, 09:46 PM
I've got somethin to say....

shank
05-31-2008, 10:11 PM
nofx coming to denver in august

shank
05-31-2008, 10:11 PM

I killed your baby today

DenverBronkHoes
06-01-2008, 12:11 AM

i killed your baby today!!!

DenverBronkHoes
06-01-2008, 12:18 AM
http://www.hell-cat.com/dispatch/_depot/title/thumb/dafdf9be18645e6aba6837797eb89089.jpg

i wanna get the skanking guy tatted on me sometime before i die

shank
06-01-2008, 12:19 AM
OI rules

DenverBronkHoes
06-01-2008, 12:40 AM
take warning!!!!

DenverBronkHoes
06-01-2008, 01:18 AM
from the top of my head

possesions never menat anyting to me.. im not crazy, wekll thats not tru i got a bed and a guitar abd a dog named dog who pisses on my floor, so what, so what, so what...ive got, pockets full of kleen ex and lint and holes where everything importnat to me just seems to fall right down my leg, and onto the floor... my closes friend linoleum,, supports my head.. gives me something to believe.. thats me on the beach side combing the sand... metal meter in my hand.. sportin a pocket full of change.. thats me the street with a violin under my chin.. playing with a grin... singing gibberish. thats me in the back of the bus. thats in in the cell... thas me inside your head..... head...... head......... head.... thatsa me inside ur haed....

un edited

DenverBronkHoes
06-13-2008, 05:40 PM
http://www.punknews.org/review/7277

Fuse recently began airing NOFX: Backstage Passport, a reality show-esque endeavour that shows the long-running punk band hitting a variety of exotic locales and straying from the safety of the North American and European tour circuit. Few purely independent bands could even attempt an trip like this, and even fewer could make it interesting. Fortunately, NOFX's worldwide trip is not just an great feature for fans of the band, but also quite compelling as a road trip comedy of errors.

Largely set up like a reality show, the program intersperses talking head features from NOFX and their crew with segments shot in many of the cities the band visited on their tour. It's quite remarkable to get this running commentary from the entire NOFX gang as they dryly discuss the vast amounts of insanity that greeted them at nearly every stop on the tour. From the opening in Fat Mike's remarkably domestic home life to the sheer madness that awaited them in Peru, Backstage Passport is a remarkable little tour video. More than just a set of quick cuts between footage, the producers seem to have carefully assembled a plot for each episode with each episode telling an efficient story while maintaining a steady dose of humour.

Part of the appeal of the program comes from how darn likeable the entire band is; because they have apparently never approached the band as a "business" or "career" despite clearly being both, the quartet (and crew) seem to be having a drunken, rowdy blast everywhere they end up. Amusingly, one of the few missteps the band takes is when Eric Melvin becomes a little too professional and obsesses about tuning, leading to a relatively stern rebuke from Fat Mike.

If anything becomes very clear from watching the program, it's that North Americans and Americans in particular are downright spoiled by the volume of bands coming through their cities. Watching kids in South America completely elated by a single NOFX performance shows you both how devoted the fanbase is, and how much they appreciate the attention. Despite how modestly the band approaches the tour, the enthusiasm they feel from the fans must be incredibly rewarding and they certainly return it in kind.

While the band maintains a pretty healthy optimism throughout, some of the highlights come from the slightly less idealistic crew who provide some of the funniest moments in the show, from the over-the-top drunkenness of the tour manager to one crew member's promise to strangle a particularly disappointing promoter, the amount of screen time given to the people who are responsible for so much of the unspoken elements of a tour like this is something as well. Along with the nitty gritty of touring, there are some truly moving moments captured on film, particularly the impromptu acoustic set in Peru, particularly when juxtaposed against the events which precede it.

That's not to say that the show is flawless; there are some unfortunate concessions made for episodic TV, which do tend to ruin the flow of the show. For example, before each and every commercial break, the producers show pieces of what will follow immediately after said break. I understand the need for teasers, but the fact that a sentence will be repeated verbatim 30 seconds after the teaser does tend to get a little annoying.

By the same token, the producers often overdub studio recordings over the live performances, which makes very little sense. The aforementioned acoustic performance begins with an acoustic take on "Franco Un-American" but is quickly overlaid with the album recording. Considering how important the performance is to the narrative of that particular episode, it tends to blunt some of the force.

It's been 14 years since Ten Years of ******' Up, the last home video released by NOFX and Backstage Passport is a more than a worthy successor. Instead of the excessive minutia that most bands put on their video features, the show is a efficient and enjoyable escapade and one definitely worth catching for fans of NOFX or touring bands in general.

After the show wraps up its run, one can only hope for a proper release on DVD or iTunes. It's ironic that many of the kids shown in the program can't legally watch the program; let's hope that it's rectified and those poor kids in Peru can finally find out what happened to their NOFX show.

DenverBronkHoes
06-25-2008, 02:35 AM
just an amazing song

no it doesn't hurt
everything just is and that's just how it's gonna be
there was a part of you, born at fifteen, now it's dead at twenty, gone with all those friends, gone with the people we used to be
you know we never needed high school
together we agreed, when asked we'd say '**** you i don't need anything you have to offer'
as long as we have each other
felt like we were unstoppable

now we've made these choices together
got the bad tattoos to prove it, scarred into my arms, these are mistakes, this is the score, and these are the stories of victory
the story of how we grew apart

and now i, i'd take a bullet, i'd spend the night in jail
quitting a job, leaving the town tonight
well still i'd say i'm so sorry
if i could change anything, i'd bring us back here again
but i know we're not coming back here again

AlWilsonizKING
06-25-2008, 09:49 AM
Love the avy Hoe!! Seen B.R. 2 times and they rocked it both shows!!!

:salute:

PEACE!!!

broncobryce
08-29-2008, 10:58 AM
That's what it's about. The Broncos and Punk Rock. Anyone got the new Lagwagon?

gnomeflinger
08-29-2008, 03:40 PM
I love punk music. So no, you're not the only fan. :salute:

I will give marlin a shot later on, when I'm not doing stay at home mom duties. :rolleyes:

DenverBronkHoes
08-30-2008, 01:43 AM
That's what it's about. The Broncos and Punk Rock. Anyone got the new Lagwagon?

affirmative....

one of the 1st bands i heard when i was 13 14....

drinking coffee i drink coffee drinking coffee everyday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DenverBronkHoes
08-30-2008, 01:44 AM
Wow.....

FINALLY.... i am not alone!!!!

gnomeflinger
08-30-2008, 02:44 PM
As I was reading from page 1,2,3, I realized this thread started in January :laugh: There have been bands mentioned I haven't heard of, which is a great thing for me.

broncobryce
08-30-2008, 02:48 PM
Yeah, that's what I want to find. Some good bands to look into. I love NOFX, Ramones, Misfits, Propaghandi, Lagwagon. Stuff like that. Any bands you guys could advise me on?

DenverBronkHoes
08-31-2008, 07:21 PM
Yeah, that's what I want to find. Some good bands to look into. I love NOFX, Ramones, Misfits, Propaghandi, Lagwagon. Stuff like that. Any bands you guys could advise me on?

listen to my playlist on my myspace profile.....

www.myspace.com/mattyshroda420

leftover crack
against me
propagandhi
anti-flag

broncobryce
08-31-2008, 07:43 PM
listen to my playlist on my myspace profile.....

www.myspace.com/mattyshroda420

leftover crack
against me
propagandhi
anti-flag

Is that you with Fat Mike? you lucky *******:beer:

gnomeflinger
08-31-2008, 07:55 PM
One of my favorite finds are punk covers. If anyone has some good ones, send them my way. :D

DenverBronkHoes
08-31-2008, 11:10 PM
Is that you with Fat Mike? you lucky *******:beer:

yes.... like 10 years ago... i have since crossed paths again...

DenverBronkHoes
08-31-2008, 11:10 PM
One of my favorite finds are punk covers. If anyone has some good ones, send them my way. :D

get ME FIRST AND THE GIMMIE GIMMIES

DenverBronkHoes
08-31-2008, 11:15 PM

pennywise
bouncing souls
authority zero
strung out
death by stereo

do u like ska? old skool bands?

dead kennedys
minor threat
crass
descendents

keithbishop
09-06-2008, 01:10 AM

Social Distortion

Black Flag
Circle Jerks
Bad Brains
Misfits
Suicidal Tendencies
Dead Kennedys
Meat Puppets

Damn. Just caught this thread.

My top 5:
1. Ramones
2. Ramones
3. Ramones
4. Ramones
5. Black Flag

Others, in no particular order:

Dead Kennedys
Violent Femmes
Misfits (Project 1950 is on my frequent play list -- 1950's/60's covers with Dez Cadenza (Black Flag) on guitar and Marky Ramone on drums).
Sex Pistols
Samhain
The Exploited
Minor Threat
DRI
Dead Milkmen
Naked Raygun -- highly underrated!!

keithbishop
09-08-2008, 04:59 PM
My brain must have been in neutral when I made the last post.

I should have mentioned GG Allin, Iggy Pop (way ahead of his time), Cryptic Slaughter, The Accused, and the Bu#thole Surfers.

I used to have a demo by a band from Missouri, Cher (later changed their name to Cher U.K.). Very cool demo. It included an Iggy and the Stooges cover song.

broncobryce
09-08-2008, 05:23 PM
Yes. The descendents rule. I am trying to get into Authority Zero now. So far they sound pretty good. What do you guys think of Alkaline Trio? At first I thought they were too soft, but they grew on me because they have good lyrics.

DenverBronkHoes
09-09-2008, 02:42 AM
i love u guys like i love eddy royal

DenverBronkHoes
10-07-2008, 09:21 PM
anyone catch any shows lately?

i had to miss against me cuz i was on a "get as shit faced as u can" cruise

keithbishop
11-03-2008, 12:26 AM
Just finished watching Too Tough to Die: A Tribute to Johnny Ramone.
Lots of live stuff from the Ramones 30th anniversary tribute show. Among the many performers: CJ Ramone, Marky Ramone, Daniel Rey (Ramones producer/studio musician), Steve Jones (Sex Pistols), Henry Rollins, and Brett Gurewitz (Bad Religion). Rob Zombie hosted the show.

Johnny died 2 days after the show (prostate cancer) . R.I.P. :salute:

It's available on Netflix to watch online. Highly recommended.

Broncolingus
11-03-2008, 07:47 PM
http://www.sleazeroxx.com/rip/wendyowilliams2.jpg