PDA

View Full Version : Orton-to-Marshall connection a boon for Broncos

Lonestar
12-02-2009, 04:47 PM
By Lindsay H. Jones
The Denver Post
Posted: 12/02/2009 01:54:24 PM MST
Updated: 12/02/2009 02:03:25 PM MST

Back in Chicago, Kyle Orton used to be criticized for not throwing the ball deep.

The same digs followed Orton to Denver, especially through training camp and the first month of the season.

Perhaps the perception is changing now, because of an improved connection between Orton and receiver Brandon Marshall.

The Orton-to-Marshall connection accounts for nearly one-third of the team's big passing plays (considered over 20 yards): 8 receptions for 297 yards and three touchdowns (of 51, 40 and 75 yards).

"He's the first guy that I've had like this. It's been a change for me and in my development, to be able to trust him and give him those chances," Orton said. "He's a phenomenal player, and I don't see too many people that are, when the ball is in the air, out jumping him or being more physical than he is."

Marshall leads the team with 58 catches (13th most in the NFL among all players), 714 yards and six touchdowns. He said his chemistry with Orton is "growing."

"I just tell him to throw me the ball. What did (Terrell Owens) say, 'Throw me the damn ball?'" Marshall said, laughing. "That's all I tell him."

Lindsay H. Jones: 303-954-1262 or ljones@denverpost.com

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_13909500?source=rsssimplepiebroncos

gobroncsnv
12-02-2009, 10:25 PM
He got TO mixed up with Keyshawn, but that is definitely an honest mistake...

BCJ
12-03-2009, 02:42 AM
Plus McDaniels wants Orton to "Just throw the mother****ing ball to Marshall!"