PDA

View Full Version : Love The New Banner!!!

Watchthemiddle
01-26-2008, 03:30 AM
The new banner looks GREAT!!

As does the board.

Props to whoever did this.

( who did it? )

BroncoBJ
01-26-2008, 03:38 AM
I think its ... different. :coffee:

SR
01-26-2008, 03:53 AM
I like it too.

admin
01-26-2008, 03:53 AM
I think its ... different. :coffee:

lol, where's the Tned love, JC4MVP???

The new banner looks GREAT!!

As does the board.

Props to whoever did this.

( who did it? )

Reid created the image. I have been tinkering with a new look to go with the new homepage www.broncosforums.com (http://www.broncosforums.com)

We will have to let people see them for a few days and decide if they like this new gradient blue look, or the old orange header/footer bars.

Stand Ablaze
01-26-2008, 03:54 AM
San Diego Super Chargers? :tsk::tsk:

SR
01-26-2008, 03:56 AM
I like the blue...easy on the eyes for sure.

BroncoBJ
01-26-2008, 03:57 AM
lol, where's the Tned love, JC4MVP???

:lol: Well now everyone loves you so its not as cool. I was your very first fan and now everyones on the Tnedator Bandwagon :fight:

But :eek: I didn't notice the homepage part.
Wow. Its different though fo sho.

And I dont see a new banner exactly?
Where do I look?

I still see the Jwalk thing that says "for the fans by the fans"

:salute:

admin
01-26-2008, 03:59 AM
If you don't have your browser set to reload the page every time (most don't, and have it set to automatic), you will need to press CTRL-F5 and that should refresh it, or probably opening and closing the web browser.

BroncoBJ
01-26-2008, 04:01 AM
If you don't have your browser set to reload the page every time (most don't, and have it set to automatic), you will need to press CTRL-F5 and that should refresh it, or probably opening and closing the web browser.

Thanks I never knew that. Good stuff
And Nice banner :salute:

Good job Reid and Tned and everyone else who made this day possible. :elefant:

Benetto
01-26-2008, 04:02 AM
Looks A LOT better if you ask me...I also dig the front page (Broncosforums.com) Good work dudes...

SR
01-26-2008, 04:22 AM
I did the Control+F5 deal. The new banner is badass. Good job on that Reid and Tned.

dogfish
01-26-2008, 04:24 AM
the banner looks great! i personally think it would look even better centered, so you don't have all that empty blue space to the right of it, but either way it is a drastic improvement over the old one. . .

with absolutely no offense intended, i really dislike that new front page, though. . . i think the old one was just fine, no need to fix what's not broken. . . i don't like having the list of threads compressed down-- all that stuff to either side is too distracting IMO, i don't need to see that stuff. . . i also don't like how the list of forums is kinda stuffed into the corner-- i like it the way it is now, where the entire list of forums is front and center. . .

oh well, however you decide to go, you know i appreciate the time and effort you put into this place. . . thanks a lot, and thanks to reid for taking the time to make the dope new banner. . .

EDIT: after taking a closer look, i see that i just have to click "enter forums" and it takes me to the homepage that i'm familiar with-- as long as that's the case, and that page isn't altered, i'm perfectly fine with the new homepage. . . also, i noticed that when i opened the link this time, it was laid out a little different, with the recent articles displayed on top of the display of threads that have been responded to recently. . . i like that set-up better, as it may bring a little more attention to the articles section. . . i myself only post one occasionally, but even so i can tell you that they don't write themselves-- they take some time, and i know that the other guys who are posting them on a more regular basis are putting in even more time. . . this way they're front and center to new comers, instead of tucked away in their little forum. . . good idea IMO, and i'm sure wookie will be really happy about it. . .

admin
01-26-2008, 04:32 AM
with absolutely no offense intended, i really dislike that new front page, though. . . i think the old one was just fine, no need to fix what's not broken. . . i don't like having the list of threads compressed down-- all that stuff to either side is too distracting IMO, i don't need to see that stuff. . . i also don't like how the list of forums is kinda stuffed into the corner-- i like it the way it is now, where the entire list of forums is front and center. . .

Two seperate functionalities. You can still get the normal forum list by clicking

Broncos Forums - Denver Broncos Fan Forums and Live News Feed (http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/index.php) right below the banner at the top.

The Homepage is two accomplish two things. One, it is a one stop shop for a number of different site features, such as highlighting the articles. Second, it will give us better search engine action.

dogfish
01-26-2008, 04:35 AM
Two seperate functionalities. You can still get the normal forum list by clicking

Broncos Forums - Denver Broncos Fan Forums and Live News Feed (http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/index.php) right below the banner at the top.

The Homepage is two accomplish two things. One, it is a one stop shop for a number of different site features, such as highlighting the articles. Second, it will give us better search engine action.

see my edit above. . .

i'm a dumbass, cut me some slack. . . . :lol:

Jody
01-26-2008, 04:35 AM
I LOVE the gradiant blue, as SR said, "it's easy on the eyes".

I like the banner very much as well. Reidman, I didn't realize you could be so fancy. :D

It's all looking very first class and competitive with you know what other board. ;)

Nice thread WTM.

admin
01-26-2008, 04:37 AM
see my edit above. . .

i'm a dumbass, cut me some slack. . . . :lol:

Checking your edit now, see if you like the banner better centered. I'm torn.

dogfish
01-26-2008, 04:38 AM
I LOVE the gradiant blue, as SR said, "it's easy on the eyes".

I like the banner very much as well. Reidman, I didn't realize you could be so fancy. :D

It's all looking very first class and competitive with you know what other board. ;)

Nice thread WTM.

competitive? HAH! i think not. . . no comparison between this place and that ugly-ass site with it's glaring white background, cheesy ads, and that ridiculous, stupid, gigantic banner that virtually no one likes. . . this is much, much better!

Hawgdriver
01-26-2008, 04:38 AM
excellent :elefant:

dogfish
01-26-2008, 04:40 AM

i do, but it's not like it's a big deal either way. . .

of course, with it centered there's room for images of renee herlocker on either side. . . ;)

Jody
01-26-2008, 04:40 AM

NO! Put it back to the left margin. Centered---ugh.

Don't listen to dog on this one -he's so dang wrong. :D

Jody
01-26-2008, 04:41 AM
I'm getting motion sickness from the constant movement of graphics. :D

SR
01-26-2008, 04:44 AM

I like it centered

Jody
01-26-2008, 04:44 AM
I like it centered

Ew.

dogfish
01-26-2008, 04:45 AM
Ew.

:eviltongue:

go play in the snow with your dog or something, you! :D

SR
01-26-2008, 04:47 AM
Truth be told, as long as there is a post by dogfish on this (or any new page) I will just look at his new avatar. She's teh sexxxxx. My favorite one yet.

admin
01-26-2008, 04:50 AM
Maybe read can make us a new banner with an inch or so of blue on the left. I think that's why it looked bad left, was it was beyond the border of the forums on the left side.

Jody
01-26-2008, 04:56 AM
Maybe read can make us a new banner with an inch or so of blue on the left. I think that's why it looked bad left, was it was beyond the border of the forums on the left side.

Tned, you should never play with graphics under the influence of wine. :D Or dogfish for that matter. :D

Jody
01-26-2008, 05:02 AM
It's 4:09 (on my computer clock) and I still don't like the banner centered. :lol:

admin
01-26-2008, 05:10 AM
Tned, you should never play with graphics under the influence of wine. :D Or dogfish for that matter. :D

It's 4:09 (on my computer clock) and I still don't like the banner centered. :lol:

Halfway through the first glass when I couldn't get this vbadvanced stuff working on the test server, I closed it down and said I would work on it tomorrow.

Halfway through the second (large) glass of wine, I decided to make a backup of the live server, and just jump in with both feet. :lol:

SR
01-26-2008, 05:12 AM
I like the banner centered. When I say I like something, it stays. Got that Jody?

BroncoBJ
01-26-2008, 05:13 AM
At least the profile thing is fixed.
Earlier I clicked on a profile and it was white text on a white background.
But I've never been a fan of changes. Then after a few weeks I will like this new setup.
It just takes time :salute:
I'm always too early to complain about something :lol:

But this site is good stuff.
Every day I go on here something new is going on.

Jody
01-26-2008, 05:22 AM
At least the profile thing is fixed.
Earlier I clicked on a profile and it was white text on a white background.
But I've never been a fan of changes. Then after a few weeks I will like this new setup.
It just takes time :salute:
I'm always too early to complain about something :lol:

But this site is good stuff.
Every day I go on here something new is going on.

JC just remember this, "It's NEVER too early to complain."

SR - when I say I like it to the left, it goes to the left, got that? :D

Keep drinking wine, tned.;)

dogfish
01-26-2008, 05:22 AM
Truth be told, as long as there is a post by dogfish on this (or any new page) I will just look at his new avatar. She's teh sexxxxx. My favorite one yet.

glad ya like it. . . i'm pretty fond of her myself-- she's babelicious. . .

SR
01-26-2008, 05:23 AM
glad ya like it. . . i'm pretty fond of her myself-- she's babelicious. . .

Her eyes remind me of Milla Jovovic (sp?)

dogfish
01-26-2008, 05:24 AM
Her eyes remind me of Milla Jovovic (sp?)

that is milla jovovich. . . :D

SR
01-26-2008, 05:25 AM
that is milla jovovich. . . :D

Really?! I'm retarded. :tsk:

Jody
01-26-2008, 05:26 AM
And while you two are getting all hot and bothered by the redhead, tned's messing up the banner....big time.

Pay attention fellas! :D

I think his third glass of wine got a lot larger.

SR
01-26-2008, 05:27 AM
Damnit! Put It Back In The Middle!

BroncoBJ
01-26-2008, 05:27 AM
:salute: @ Redheads. I remember when I had a thing for them. Thier still good stuff though.
And yea the Banner is actin up. :eek:

and I dont like to complain much. Especially on this site. :elefant:

Jody
01-26-2008, 05:29 AM
:salute: @ Redheads. I remember when I had a thing for them. Thier still good stuff though.
And yea the Banner is actin up. :eek:

and I dont like to complain much. Especially on this site. :elefant:

There's that tned love happening again. Yeah JC, it's "the banner" acting up.;)

BroncoBJ
01-26-2008, 05:30 AM
There's that tned love happening again. Yeah JC, it's "the banner" acting up.;)

:lol: @ Tnedlove.
What did I do? I never mentioned his name. :beer:

But yea I like it in the middle just like SR said :salute:

Jody
01-26-2008, 05:32 AM
:lol: @ Tnedlove.
What did I do? I never mentioned his name. :beer:

But yea I like it in the middle just like SR said :salute:

There's way, way too much manlove going on in here.
You, dog, SR....
I'm feeling just a little in the way. ;)

SR
01-26-2008, 05:33 AM
It's moving its way back to the middle.

BroncoBJ
You use the ;) Smiley too much.
But I've always got a long with Tned :rockon:

admin
Ok, I have it leftish now. Not all the way left, not centered. Jody, SR, Dog, what do you guys think?

dogfish
hey T, try moving it to the right side and see how that looks!!111!!!111!!

:lol: :laugh:

Jody
01-26-2008, 05:36 AM
Ok, I have it leftish now. Not all the way left, not centered. Jody, SR, Dog, what do you guys think?

It's perfect. Leave it alone now. Sometimes an artist has to just leave his work alone and quit fidgeting with it, especially when they are drinking wine.:D

Jody
01-26-2008, 05:37 AM
hey T, try moving it to the right side and see how that looks!!111!!!111!!

Don't do it tned

:lol:

dogfish
01-26-2008, 05:39 AM

that's perfect. . . .

then again. . . . . .

maybe you should try moving it to the right, just to make sure it doesn't look better over there. . . yea-- i think you should have another glass of wine and then do that. . . .

:D

SR
01-26-2008, 05:43 AM
Centered.

Tned
01-26-2008, 05:48 AM
I'm going to stop tinkering for now, since I need to get to bed before the wife wakes up and gets pissed I spent all night working on the message board again. :laugh:

Dog, if you haven't looked at the homepage in a while www.broncosforums.com, check it out. I have a big "Continue to forum index" above the Articles, so it will be easy for people to find their way to the forum index.

SR
01-26-2008, 06:21 AM
This is what I have saved to my favorites:

http://broncosforums.com/forums/index.php

I click that link in my favorites, then click new posts and BAM!

Davii
01-26-2008, 06:27 AM
WOW! :eek:

I like the entire new look. Great job TNed! I was surprised when I got the "NOT RIGHT NOW!" message trying to get to the page, but I see why, and it's quite an improvement.

dogfish
01-26-2008, 06:28 AM
I'm going to stop tinkering for now, since I need to get to bed before the wife wakes up and gets pissed I spent all night working on the message board again. :laugh:

Dog, if you haven't looked at the homepage in a while www.broncosforums.com, check it out. I have a big "Continue to forum index" above the Articles, so it will be easy for people to find their way to the forum index.

looks great!

now get to bed before you get busted. . . .

Tned
01-26-2008, 10:22 AM
WOW! :eek:

I like the entire new look. Great job TNed! I was surprised when I got the "NOT RIGHT NOW!" message trying to get to the page, but I see why, and it's quite an improvement.

lol, I waited until pretty late and almost eveyone was off and then did the install quick. It has to take the forum offline for a few minutes to create some new indexes.

I had originally planned to do that, and not configure it until today, but when it messed up/changed our old color scheme, I figured I couldn't leave it halfway, so played with changing the other header/footer, buttton colors and the edit boxes (that were all washed out).

This is what I have saved to my favorites:

http://broncosforums.com/forums/index.php

I click that link in my favorites, then click new posts and BAM!

Yea, I think a lot of people will still go straight to the forums and bypass the homepage. I do that on many forums I frequent. But for new people and search engines, the homepage is handy.

looks great!

now get to bed before you get busted. . . .

I've been to bed, the dogs just woke me up to put them out, and am probably gong to go back to bed, and she isn't up. :lol:

BroncoJoe
01-26-2008, 10:46 AM
Dam you guys stay up late.

Love the new look Tned.

Jody
01-26-2008, 10:51 AM
Centered.

A little more to the left please.

SR
01-26-2008, 10:53 AM
A little more to the left please.

You shut your mouth when you're talking to me.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-26-2008, 11:04 AM
Thanks Reid for the new banner :salute:

Looks great tned :salute: but I think the banner would look better centered

DallasChief
01-26-2008, 11:05 AM
Is it just me or is the banner a little bit off-center?

BroncoJoe
01-26-2008, 11:10 AM
Is it just me or is the banner a little bit off-center?

It's just you, dumbass. :heh:

I like it slightly off center. That's just me.

SR
01-26-2008, 11:22 AM
You don't count until you have 468 posts Joe.

BroncoJoe
01-26-2008, 11:24 AM
I thought the benchmark was 801...

SR
01-26-2008, 11:27 AM
Now you count.

tubby
01-26-2008, 11:30 AM
Very Cool.

Where is Travis Henry? :heh:

frauschieze
01-26-2008, 11:37 AM
I like the color change and the new banner is bad ass. Just really, really small still on my gigantic screen. The placement looks weird off center but I am rapidly getting used to it and ultimately, everything would end up looking funny on my screen. :D

Nice work, Reidman and Tned.

claymore
01-26-2008, 11:38 AM
Wow, this looks sharp, I really like it.

Day1BroncoFan
01-26-2008, 11:49 AM
Doesn't matter to me off center or not. I like the new look. I didn't know if I was going nuts when I first came this morning or not before I realized it must have happened over night.

slim
01-26-2008, 12:09 PM
Wow, nice work fellas. I like it.

Bronco Bible
01-26-2008, 12:57 PM
Good banner but it might fall into the great catagory with a picture of Floyd in it JMO:coffee:

DallasChief
01-26-2008, 12:59 PM
Good banner but it might fall into the great catagory with a picture of Floyd in it JMO:coffee:

http://www.sfgate.com/blogs/images/sfgate/parenting/2006/08/03/Floyd1190x375.jpg

Requiem / The Dagda
01-26-2008, 01:16 PM
The placement is off and the quality of the image itself (the KB, bit ratio) is poor. I'd be more than happy to make one that's bigger and that you can center so it looks good in all resolutions.

Jody
01-26-2008, 01:35 PM
The placement is off and the quality of the image itself (the KB, bit ratio) is poor. I'd be more than happy to make one that's bigger and that you can center so it looks good in all resolutions.

That's okay, it looks PERRRFECT just how it is.
Reidman did a fantastic job!

Bronco9798
01-26-2008, 01:38 PM
Nice you added Elway. He is and always will be the face of the Broncos. Leaving him off would be a travesty. Good job!!!

RiversSucks
01-26-2008, 02:18 PM
The banner looks alright, kind of 90's style.

the gradient light baby blue doesn't go good at all, i thought this was a broncos forum? where's the orange? :sad:

ChampWJ
01-26-2008, 02:25 PM

I'm with Dream on this one. Also, I'm not a fan of the powder blue. Makes it look too much like a Chargers or Titans forum. Orange and Blue baby!

Requiem / The Dagda
01-26-2008, 03:08 PM
That's okay, it looks PERRRFECT just how it is.
Reidman did a fantastic job!

The bit ratio is poor and it doesn't match the design of the forum. It looks gross.

Also, I don't really dig the powder blue either Tnedator. Orange would make more sense, and there are still some border issues as well.

Hawgdriver
01-26-2008, 03:15 PM

perfect.

slim
01-26-2008, 03:18 PM
The bit ratio is poor and it doesn't match the design of the forum. It looks gross.

Also, I don't really dig the powder blue either Tnedator. Orange would make more sense, and there are still some border issues as well.

What is a bit ratio?

Requiem / The Dagda
01-26-2008, 03:22 PM
What is a bit ratio?

It's how the file is saved and compressed.

It just really looks bad as a GIF; I'm not sure if the one I made was a JPEG or a GIF, but the quality is really bad and looks grainy. It just doesn't go along with the site well; the colors.

You have blue, white, black, gold, brown, tan, gray. . . it's just too small - it being off centered isn't appealing and the text is not legible.

Hawgdriver
01-26-2008, 03:23 PM
What is a bit ratio?

More than not ratio at all? :whoknows:

I don't know why everything always comes back to race.

Tned
01-26-2008, 03:38 PM
I like the color change and the new banner is bad ass. Just really, really small still on my gigantic screen. The placement looks weird off center but I am rapidly getting used to it and ultimately, everything would end up looking funny on my screen. :D

Nice work, Reidman and Tned.

It originally was all left, SR and Dog thought it would look better Centered, Jody liked it left, so I did an offcenter thing. Later tonight, after people have had a chance to see this off center thing, I will move it back left, then get a feel for which people liked better, centered or leftish.

Part of the resolution issue might have been me. To shrink it, I ran it through Image ready and optimized it and shrunk the size in half 76k or so to 33k or so.

Also, reid sent it as a .jpg, and I converted it to a .gif, I will have him send me another that was a .gif from the start, which might help.

In the meantime, I have put up the higher quality image where I just took the jpg and converted it to gif without further optimizing/shrinking the size.

I'm mixed on the blue myself. It started as a mistake, in that when I installed vBadvanced to create the homepage www.broncosforums.com, it changed the header bar to the gradient blue, but left most other things as they were. I went in to change it back to how it was, but then figured I had a choice to change it back or leave it as is, and fix the areas (like footer bar, buttons and edit screens) that were messed up and then run it this way for a day or two and get feedback. If it seems like people prefer the old orange, I can go back to it pretty easy.

As to border issues. Are you talking about the one below User CP, FAQ, etc? That one has been there since the begginning and after spending a little time early on messing with trying to fix it, I haven't tried in months.

I will look into addressing that, but if there are other border issues you are talking about, let me know now so I can try and address them all at once.

Jody
01-26-2008, 03:41 PM
You have had so much positive response and feedback with your new creation, why would you want to change it for one or two posters? I don't understand that myself. This place looks classy, tned. :D

Tned
01-26-2008, 03:42 PM

On the banner content, check out this thread:

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8487

Reid was the first person that stepped up with a banner, but there was some talk in here about possibly creating a rotating banner, or a banner with rotating pics on each side of it.

This thread I linked is where we will be deciding banner changes (other than the left/centered issue)

Requiem / The Dagda
01-26-2008, 03:48 PM
You have had so much positive response and feedback with your new creation, why would you want to change it for one or two posters? I don't understand that myself. This place looks classy, tned. :D

Part of running a successful forum is having an aesthetic appeal to the people who view it. The logo is poor quality, and does not fit the current design of the site. That's why I don't like it.

dogfish
01-26-2008, 03:56 PM

yea, don't worry about dream-- he likes that ugly-ass Bmania site with the glaring white background. . . .

i do agree that i'd prefer the orange back, though-- i don't mind the looks of the lighter blue, but orange does kinda have a special place in my heart for obvious reasons. . . .

ChampWJ
01-26-2008, 03:57 PM

I don't think we've seen a representative sample of the entire site's opinions yet. I think to say only one or two posters don't like it is premature.

I love almost everything about this site, except for the powder blue, and the banner, which needs work. I don't like the text at all, the gold corners, the black rectangles, the background colors, the fact that Champ Bailey (our best player) is so understated, etc. I know some people that are members here could do better.

Requiem / The Dagda
01-26-2008, 03:58 PM
yea, don't worry about dream-- he likes that ugly-ass Bmania site with the glaring white background. . . .

i do agree that i'd prefer the orange back, though-- i don't mind the looks of the lighter blue, but orange does kinda have a special place in my heart for obvious reasons. . . .

Heck yes to the orange, and secondly - on BM - it's one of the most well designed fan forums I've ever been across. :salute:

Requiem / The Dagda
01-26-2008, 03:59 PM
I don't think we've seen a representative sample of the entire site's opinions yet. I think to say only one or two posters don't like it is premature.

I love almost everything about this site, except for the powder blue, and the banner, which needs work. I don't like the text at all, the gold corners, the black rectangles, the background colors, the fact that Champ Bailey (our best player) is so understated, etc. I know some people that are members here could do better.

Agreed.

People wanted Cutler, Marshall and Bailey in the signature, and I'm doing that. I can also do one of some old guys like Karl, Rod, Elway, Little, etc. That has the same feel.

No offense to Reidman, but it's just not a good logo. It's very poor.

I had my friend who does web design for some prominent American companies look at it and he sort of just shook his head. He's a little high on his abilities, (for good reasons, it's what he's paid to do) but he thought it looked poor as well.

Bronco9798
01-26-2008, 04:00 PM
I think Tred should just close the place down.

dogfish
01-26-2008, 04:02 PM
Heck yes to the orange, and secondly - on BM - it's one of the most well designed fan forums I've ever been across. :salute:

i'm glad somebody likes it!

Tned
01-26-2008, 04:03 PM

There has been nothing but problems with there current design, from image issues (winding up underneath the adds on the left, to problems when you increase font sizes, etc. Anyway, I don't want to talk about BM here.

As I posted above, there is a thread about the banners. Reid created this one to get us started with a new look, but at the time said there were some things he wasn't crazy about, like how the Forums in Broncos Forums came out, but others said they liked it.

That thread had been going for a couple weeks, and the plan was for multiple people to provide options and then either rotate or choose the one people wanted the best.

I thank Reid for stepping up with an option for a new look.

Requiem / The Dagda
01-26-2008, 04:04 PM
So, criticism can't be given on the banner? Cool.

Bronco9798
01-26-2008, 04:06 PM

Yes, just don't criticize the "Suck" threads. Somebody has lost their sense of humor.

Tned
01-26-2008, 04:07 PM

I just think there is a point when two or three or four posts by the same person critiscizing the banner might be over the top, where to date he is the only person that has actually created a redesigned banner. However, if you want to keep criticizing it over and over, it doesn't break any rule, so go for it.

I posted a link above to the thread about the banner redesign, and suggested that it would be a good place to discuss and provide alternatives.

BroncoJoe
01-26-2008, 04:09 PM
It looks fine to me. Maybe the people who are complaining dont have a good monitor?

Or, maybe it's vive-versa.

Anyway, I like the "softer" blue, although if you could do that with orange, it would probably work the same. Dark moving to light orange.

Bronco9798
01-26-2008, 04:10 PM
It looks fine to me. Maybe the people who are complaining dont have a good monitor?

Anyway, I am "soft", I light the light blue. Although if you could do that with orange, it would probably work the same. Dark moving to light orange.

Edited for accuracy....

slim
01-26-2008, 04:11 PM

Anyway, I like the "softer" blue, although if you could do that with orange, it would probably work the same. Dark moving to light orange.

I was thinking the same thing. It looks fine on my monitor, not sure what everyone else is seeing though.

Tned
01-26-2008, 04:22 PM
I was thinking the same thing. It looks fine on my monitor, not sure what everyone else is seeing though.

Could be monitor, could just be very different. The people that came over from BM were used to this, before the board was changed to the white theme:

http://www.broncos07.com/downloads/DarkBlue.jpg

When I created this one, I made it similar to the old design, but with a substantially lighter blue background. Now, with the removal of the orange bars top and bottom, and only leaving the orange text in the links, I think some feel it has taken away some of the 'Bronco" feel.

It will probably take me some time, because I suck with graphics, but I might be able to come up with a gradient orange version, so it gives the gradient look (maybe not as bright/dark orange, plus the gadient) and gets some more of the Broncos Orange and Blue back.

Later, I will post a screen capter of our current look and the one from a day or so ago, so people can look at them side by side.

Rex
01-26-2008, 04:27 PM
I like the new banner......

Why did it take about 2 hours to appear on my screen today?

Tned
01-26-2008, 04:31 PM

You probably have IE or Firefox set to Automatically load pages, rather than reload on every visit, or something like that. I'm not sure exactly what the setting is, but it has to do with browsers caching things like images and other parts of web pages locally, so the page will load faster each time you go to it. Sometimes closing your browser will force the changes, CTRL-F5 should always force a fresh reload.

So, I don't know what setting you have that caused that, but it has to do with caching images and pages on your PC>

Bronco9798
01-26-2008, 04:33 PM

Cause your PC is retarded like you? Just saying.....:D

Lonestar
01-26-2008, 06:39 PM

you might want to increase the ram on your machine.. It will load faster..:laugh:

Tned
01-26-2008, 06:43 PM
Just to refresh everyone's memory about how it did look (except for the banner), here are some screen shots that can be compared side to side (top to bottom actually).

http://www.broncos07.com/downloads/Template_Redesign/bf_original.png

http://www.broncos07.com/downloads/Template_Redesign/blue_design.png

http://www.broncos07.com/downloads/Template_Redesign/gradient_orange.png

http://www.broncos07.com/downloads/Template_Redesign/gradientOrange_withcats.png

http://www.broncos07.com/downloads/Template_Redesign/gradientOrange_usercp_withcats.png

frauschieze
01-26-2008, 06:53 PM
Dear Tned,

I am jealous of your PM space.

Love,
Goat's Cheese

P.S. The gradient orange is very subtle.

Tned
01-26-2008, 06:54 PM
Dear Tned,

I am jealous of your PM space.

Love,
Goat's Cheese

Yea, after I posted that I was wondering if I would get any comments. If it makes you feel any better, about 4500 of those 4600 PM's are problems, requests or other forum business type stuff. I might give you the bigger box if you start handling all the requests!!!!

Tned
01-26-2008, 06:56 PM
Just for reference, here is what Broncomania used to look like when it was Broncomania, and before color change. You will notice it was MUCH darker than here:

Excuse the content of the post, as it is one of only two screen captures I had, bot related to a little spat I was having. ;)

http://www.broncos07.com/downloads/Template_Redesign/oldbm.png

frauschieze
01-26-2008, 07:00 PM
Yea, after I posted that I was wondering if I would get any comments. If it makes you feel any better, about 4500 of those 4600 PM's are problems, requests or other forum business type stuff. I might give you the bigger box if you start handling all the requests!!!!

Anytime. You just let me know. :beer: (I am serious. If there is ever anything I can do to help, I'm here.)

I did go back and edit my post though. The orange gradient is very subtle. I haven't made up my mind.

The more I look at the light blue....the more I don't like it though. It does look very nice, just not Broncos.

Requiem / The Dagda
01-26-2008, 07:04 PM
The orange gradient would look fantastic if the orange boxes in the posts below them and the categories on the right were not as bright.

Lonestar
01-26-2008, 07:11 PM
next to the orange gradient box make the numbers for date and time something other that Black I can hardly read them maybe orange?

Tned
01-26-2008, 07:11 PM
I did go back and edit my post though. The orange gradient is very subtle. I haven't made up my mind.

The more I look at the light blue....the more I don't like it though. It does look very nice, just not Broncos.

Here is a post vew of the gradient Orange, where the bar is a little bigger, so the gradient is a bit more apparent. I will also try and make a more severe gradient and then post an image of that.

I think one problem is since the orange is so bright and the background so blue, the lighter bottom gradient just creates kind of a glow.

http://www.broncos07.com/downloads/Template_Redesign/gradientorange_postview.png

Tned
01-26-2008, 07:13 PM
Here are a the gradients themselves:

http://www.broncos07.com/downloads/Template_Redesign/gradient_tcat.gifhttp://www.broncos07.com/downloads/Template_Redesign/gradient_thead.gifhttp://www.broncos07.com/downloads/Template_Redesign/tn_gradient_tcat.gifhttp://www.broncos07.com/downloads/Template_Redesign/tn_gradient_thead.gif

Lonestar
01-26-2008, 07:14 PM

Not Found
The requested URL /downloads/Template_Redesign/gradient_tcat.png was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.2.6 (Unix) mod

Watchthemiddle
01-26-2008, 07:17 PM
Nice work Reid. YOur a beast!!

Tned
01-26-2008, 07:17 PM
Not Found
The requested URL /downloads/Template_Redesign/gradient_tcat.png was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.2.6 (Unix) mod

I was fixing the post when you got that. I had .png extensions, but the images were really .gif. It should be fine now.

Broncoschic7
01-26-2008, 07:20 PM
:DThe front page, top banner deal, and the whole board looks GREAT !!! Nice job !!!!

Watchthemiddle
01-26-2008, 07:22 PM
Let me add...this sets us apart from any other board I have seen in a long time. Sports related, fitness, news, entertainment...all of them.

Again, it looks great. As with all changes, it will take some getting used to but I think its for the better. :beer:

Lonestar
01-26-2008, 07:23 PM

I'll take #1 for $200, BTW great job and take the misses out to dinner tonight before she divorces you..

Tned
01-26-2008, 07:29 PM
Now, the first one in this series is used in the screen shots above, and some alternatives:

http://www.broncos07.com/downloads/Template_Redesign/tn_gradient_thead.gifhttp://www.broncos07.com/downloads/Template_Redesign/tn_gradient_ttest.gifhttp://www.broncos07.com/downloads/Template_Redesign/tn_gradient_ttest1.gifhttp://www.broncos07.com/downloads/Template_Redesign/tn_gradient_ttest2.gifhttp://www.broncos07.com/downloads/Template_Redesign/tn_gradient_ttest3.gif

I know it's kind of hard to visualize them in use, but this is just showing that the gradient can be changed if we choose to go with an orange gradient.

Tned
01-26-2008, 07:30 PM
I'll take #1 for $200, BTW great job and take the misses out to dinner tonight before she divorces you..

Actually, at the moment she is reading a Tess Gerritson novel and wants nothing to do with me. :lol: We are going to watch some TV or a movie as soon as she finishes it.

dogfish
01-26-2008, 07:45 PM
i like the orange gradient a lot-- preferably one of the brighter ones, but pretty much any orange is better than the light blue IMO. . . not that i dislike the looks of it, but i find orange naturally superior for a broncos site. . .

for the record, i also LOVE the darker blue background. . . this more subdued blue is still infinitely preferable to glaring white, but i'd be even happier with the true team colors. . . .

but really, these are small details-- i'm giving an opinion because you asked for one, but it's not going to make any serious difference to me which direction you go. . . .

RiversSucks
01-26-2008, 07:58 PM
The banner? :rolleyes:

It looks awkward just there by itself. Image is low quality and dull. It makes this forum look like 90's style-ish. It needs to look more sleek, and next generation-ish :salute:

The text you can hardly see and is dull too. The squarish shape of the banner makes it looks old too!

Just my 2 cents :cool:

Tned
01-26-2008, 07:58 PM
i like the orange gradient a lot-- preferably one of the brighter ones, but pretty much any orange is better than the light blue IMO. . . not that i dislike the looks of it, but i find orange naturally superior for a broncos site. . .

for the record, i also LOVE the darker blue background. . . this more subdued blue is still infinitely preferable to glaring white, but i'd be even happier with the true team colors. . . .

but really, these are small details-- i'm giving an opinion because you asked for one, but it's not going to make any serious difference to me which direction you go. . . .

I tend to like the orange myself.

I think what I am going to try and do is choose, or make another orange gradient, then create a screen shot of how it is now, how it was, with orange gradient, with orange gradient on dark blue. Then put up a poll where people can choose the one they like.

Starting from left to right, which of these do you like the best. Not so much where top to bottom the gradient starts, but the general color of each one.

http://www.broncos07.com/downloads/Template_Redesign/tn_gradient_thead.gifhttp://www.broncos07.com/downloads/Template_Redesign/tn_gradient_ttest.gifhttp://www.broncos07.com/downloads/Template_Redesign/tn_gradient_ttest1.gifhttp://www.broncos07.com/downloads/Template_Redesign/tn_gradient_ttest2.gifhttp://www.broncos07.com/downloads/Template_Redesign/tn_gradient_ttest3.gif

Tned
01-26-2008, 08:00 PM
The banner? :rolleyes:

It looks awkward just there by itself. Image is low quality and dull. It makes this forum look like 90's style-ish. It needs to look more sleek, and next generation-ish :salute:

The text you can hardly see and is dull too. The squarish shape of the banner makes it looks old too!

Just my 2 cents :cool:

I posted a link to the banner creation thread, it would be great if you would join that thread and talk about what changes you would like. I don't make banners, so there is a thread where people are talking about what they want.

Here's the link again:

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8487

Day1BroncoFan
01-26-2008, 08:23 PM

If that's what a well designed sight looks like you can keep it. :D

Tned
01-26-2008, 08:32 PM
Ok, just for reference, while the gradient isn't working the way I would like (I think it is a factor of the Orange being so bright), here are a couple screen shots using the old BM blue and Orange. I included one view of a post, because some found/find it a bit hard to read againt the real dark blue.

It's actually almost the opposite effect of the current mania black on white (or before they just added some grey). The contrast is so much between the dark navy and white, that it can create almost a glow around the white.

Anyway, here it is.

http://www.broncos07.com/downloads/Template_Redesign/bmblueandorange.png

http://www.broncos07.com/downloads/Template_Redesign/bmblueandorange_postview.png

Denver Native (Carol)
01-26-2008, 08:32 PM

I think what I am going to try and do is choose, or make another orange gradient, then create a screen shot of how it is now, how it was, with orange gradient, with orange gradient on dark blue. Then put up a poll where people can choose the one they like.

Starting from left to right, which of these do you like the best. Not so much where top to bottom the gradient starts, but the general color of each one.

I think the banner looks great:salute: But think it would look better centered. Also, I like the idea of adding orange.

Day1BroncoFan
01-26-2008, 08:34 PM

I think on these it would be between the third and fourth ones for me.

dogfish
01-26-2008, 08:41 PM

i would use one of the two brighest ones, the ones in the middle-- the 3rd from the left is probably my fave, but the one on it's right is also very good. . . also, i think the screenshot of the darker blue background looks awesome-- real broncos colors baby! :werd:

to me, the dark blue with the orange just looks so sharp and crisp-- it's one of the reasons i was so disappointed when they got rid of it on BM. . .

Tned
01-26-2008, 08:51 PM
i would use one of the two brighest ones, the ones in the middle-- the 3rd from the left is probably my fave, but the one on it's right is also very good. . . also, i think the screenshot of the darker blue background looks awesome-- real broncos colors baby! :werd:

to me, the dark blue with the orange just looks so sharp and crisp-- it's one of the reasons i was so disappointed when they got rid of it on BM. . .

I've been playing with them on my test server, and I just don't think we will get the clean gradient look with the orange, it is just a factor of the orange brightness.

Requiem / The Dagda
01-26-2008, 09:11 PM
Stuff looks nice in the middle T; here's the logo I made.

I put it in the other thread as well.

Something I cooked up in about 15 minutes.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f150/hartcavalcade/awesomeeeeeeeeee.jpg

MOtorboat
01-26-2008, 09:20 PM

Oh, snap...I think I might like this one...

Stand Ablaze
01-26-2008, 09:43 PM

That one is awesome.

But where's Elway? :whoknows:

yardog
01-26-2008, 09:57 PM
The new banner looks better than the old one. I think I would like the one Dream made more. Add the players rotating and we could see all the old and new superstars of the Broncos.

Requiem / The Dagda
01-26-2008, 10:00 PM
Elway is going to be in there, but I kind of wanted to have a special one with him heading it with some old timers and Broncos favorites of the past. :)

yardog
01-26-2008, 10:13 PM
Dream
Maybe you could do one of the Orange Crush Def. One of the O and one for the D from the SB years. Then one for the older players from days gone bye. One of the current O and D stars would also be good I think.

Stand Ablaze
01-26-2008, 10:45 PM
Elway is going to be in there, but I kind of wanted to have a special one with him heading it with some old timers and Broncos favorites of the past. :)

Oh cool, that sounds great.

ChampWJ
01-27-2008, 01:13 AM
It's cool the way this has developed throughout the day. Neat that every member here has a say. So far, I don't mind what background color we use, but I really would like to see more orange. The gradients are really nice. I would also like to see more options for the banner.

Stargazer
01-27-2008, 01:30 AM
I personally don't like the banner. I think Elway & Rod should be dropped. Rod is most likely gone, and Elway hasn't played in almost 10 years. I prefer current Bronco players and like Cutler, and Champ. Elam??? How about DJ, Elvis, Marshall, Schef, Nails(I believe he is returning), etc.

Just an opinion.

dogfish
01-27-2008, 03:58 AM
That one is awesome.

But where's Elway? :whoknows:

dream isn't old enough to remember #7, and young people's opinions are worthless! LMAO!

right guys?

Reidman
01-27-2008, 02:01 PM

I might do that if you spelled my name right wine-o....:laugh:

BTW, this place looks frickin awesome....and that homepage, WOW!!

Anyway, reminds me of a place I joined 3 years ago, x10....that's a good thing...

Lets hope it stays this way....

Thanks for the comments on the banner, and personally I like it centered, but I
haven't seen it the other way so my opinion doesn't account for much...

Reidman
01-27-2008, 02:05 PM

Dude, that is NICE!

I like it a lot....maybe a little big but the layout is perfect. Nice touch with the commemorative logo on the right...

fcspikeit
01-27-2008, 02:14 PM
I love the new banner!!!

It has both Elway and Cutler... They are who I voted for int he other thread.

Great job Reid.. Thank you and Tned for all your hard work! :beer:

Tned
01-27-2008, 02:17 PM
I might do that if you spelled my name right wine-o....:laugh:

Oops, sorry about that. Wine and keyboards don't mix. ;)

fcspikeit
01-27-2008, 02:24 PM
Ok, just for reference, while the gradient isn't working the way I would like (I think it is a factor of the Orange being so bright), here are a couple screen shots using the old BM blue and Orange. I included one view of a post, because some found/find it a bit hard to read againt the real dark blue.

It's actually almost the opposite effect of the current mania black on white (or before they just added some grey). The contrast is so much between the dark navy and white, that it can create almost a glow around the white.

Anyway, here it is.

I hate the dark blue back ground. Its almost as bad as the white at BM.

It looks black and it makes the white glare, it hurts my eyes.

Tned
01-27-2008, 02:35 PM

I agree.

topscribe
01-27-2008, 02:41 PM
I dunno . . . it looks pretty sparse up there, as if something more should be there. :whoknows:

Up in the banner area, I mean . . .

-----

topscribe
01-27-2008, 02:43 PM

Yeah, it hit me kind of like the first scoop of poop out of a chicken house . . .

-----

Rick
01-27-2008, 03:02 PM
For those that mentioned not likeing the home page vbadvanced has a kinda default set up to it but there is virually no limitations to what you can place on the home page. Images, calenders, links, can move modules from center to the side, side to center, whatever, can make custom modules to say whatever.

Just about anything you may want if you were to hard code it all i yourself you can do with vbadvanced with just a little typing of what you want and just selecting the spot and order you want it in.

Very customizable.

If there is any module block you do not want in there that is in there it is simple to take them out as well. Such as if you don't want the current users, or the calender, or search, or what ever. Just have to deactivate the module.

Bronco Bible
01-27-2008, 03:03 PM
Oh cool, that sounds great.

Elway,Little,Gradishar,Moses,Tom Jackson&Rich Jackson:coffee:

fcspikeit
01-27-2008, 03:33 PM
I dunno . . . it looks pretty sparse up there, as if something more should be there. :whoknows:

Up in the banner area, I mean . . .

-----

I agree,

It is a little plain on either side of it... Maybe we could make it to cover all the way from right to left?

Ad about 10 more players, start from the earliest on the left and work up to the current players on the right. Put Elway with Atwater, Mecklinburg, Sharp, Watson, smith and Davis together and Cutler, Marshall, sheffler, Bailey, Lynch, and DJ together.

The farthest to the left we could put guys like Little, Gradishar, Moses, and Jackson. Elway and crew in the middle and Cutler and crew to the right?

Bronco9798
01-27-2008, 03:35 PM
Needs something on the sides,, What about the logo, helmet, something to offset the banner with.

dogfish
01-27-2008, 03:38 PM
Needs something on the sides,, What about the logo, helmet, something to offset the banner with.

cheerleaders. . . .

Bronco9798
01-27-2008, 03:51 PM
cheerleaders. . . .

I don't think nudity is allowed. :D

Tned
01-27-2008, 04:11 PM
I agree on the sides looking plain, but we have to be careful about the banner size because we all run different resolutions.

Here's a breakdown of different resolutions people are using. About 90% of people are running at least 1080x768, meaning we could go with an image as wide as 1000 wide or so, but that would mean the 10% or so that running 800x600 or less, would have to scroll left/right.

There is more specific talk about the banners in this thread: http://broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8487

1024x768
13,121 42.50%
1280x1024
4,277 13.85%
1280x800
4,140 13.41%
800x600
2,558 8.28%
1680x1050
1,707 5.53%
1152x864
1,591 5.15%
1440x900
916 2.97%
1400x1050
510 1.65%
1280x768
509 1.65%
1280x720
294 0.95%

Bronco9798
01-27-2008, 05:25 PM
I'm a 1024 x 768 person.

fcspikeit
01-27-2008, 05:43 PM
I'm a 1024 x 768 person.

I'm 1400X1050

I was 1200 before I got this 22" flat screen. 1400X1050 seemed to look the best, so I went with it.

Jody
01-27-2008, 07:43 PM
I'm 1400X1050

Here's something you'll never hear a woman say.

Bronco9798
01-27-2008, 07:43 PM

Ive seen a few in my life...

Jody
01-27-2008, 07:45 PM
Ive seen a few in my life...

It's called 'inspiration' to keep the weight off. :D

Bronco9798
01-27-2008, 07:47 PM
It's called 'inspiration' to keep the weight off. :D

It's called get off that ass and remove yourself from the table.....:D

fcspikeit
01-28-2008, 12:19 AM
It's called get off that ass and remove yourself from the table.....:D

When they get that big.. They can't even get out of bed and to the table. Someone has to help them eat themselves to death.

pnbronco
01-28-2008, 01:02 AM
Love the new banner. Thank you for all your hard work.

BroncoBJ
01-28-2008, 03:45 AM
Love the new banner. Thank you for all your hard work.

Hey you Pnbronco .. how are the wife and kids man?
I hope everything is well.
Holler back at me :salute:

pnbronco
01-28-2008, 06:08 PM
Hey you Pnbronco .. how are the wife and kids man?
I hope everything is well.
Holler back at me :salute:

Hey JC4MVP I'm doing great just got back from Phoenix. I'm the wife though and my kids had a good week. How was your trip? If I remember you were going to go a couple of places and end up in Houston for the game. It's funny that Dominic is going to end up in the Super Bowl, so I guess we picked well after all. Take it easy, I really do love this banner, who ever did it, too tired to read all of it, great job!

Lonestar
01-28-2008, 06:13 PM
:focus:

tubby
01-28-2008, 06:17 PM
I liked it better when it wasn't centered.

:2cents:

Jody
01-28-2008, 06:42 PM
I liked it better when it wasn't centered.

:2cents:

:beer: You are so right on here. :D

tubby
01-28-2008, 06:45 PM
:beer: You are so right on here. :D

Create a poll. :cool:

DallasChief
01-28-2008, 06:47 PM
Create a poll. :cool:

You should atleast start another thread here in hte Town Hall forum and it can be discussed ad nauseam.

tubby
01-28-2008, 06:54 PM
You should atleast start another thread here in hte Town Hall forum and it can be discussed ad nauseam.

Nah, maybe we should just ask Valerie Bertenelli?

BeefStew25
01-28-2008, 06:55 PM
I guess Rod can be up there during the offseason. Maybe after Rod is gone, we get Marshall up there?

frauschieze
01-28-2008, 06:55 PM

Yeah....mine is set bigger! 1920x1200 at home.

BeefStew25
01-28-2008, 06:56 PM
And when Elam retires, we can use Mike Leach.

frauschieze
01-28-2008, 07:01 PM

I think that's a FANTASTIC IDEA!

DallasChief
01-28-2008, 07:03 PM

Elam will never retire. In two years Shanahan will trade him to the Giants for a second round pick.

BeefStew25
01-28-2008, 07:18 PM
Elam will never retire. In two years Shanahan will trade him to the Giants for a second round pick.

So when Hixon is an All-Pro?

DallasChief
01-28-2008, 07:20 PM
So when Hixon is an All-Pro?

Domenik Hixon isn't an All-Pro? He should be.

RiversSucks
01-28-2008, 07:24 PM
damn you guys can get off topic so quickly.... almost in every thread it seems.

anyways, put up Dream's banner, it's so much better....

BeefStew25
01-28-2008, 07:26 PM

Well, lets make this 15 pages of banner talk.

DallasChief
01-28-2008, 07:29 PM
I think the banner would look better if it was 17 pixels wider. And 36 pixels further to the right.

DallasChief
01-28-2008, 07:30 PM
I think the banner would look better if it was 17 pixels wider. And 36 pixels further to the right.

After looking at it again, you should move it 43 pixels to the right.

TIA

Tned
01-28-2008, 07:57 PM

It needs to be shrunk, it is too tall for the 50% of the people running 1024x768 or lower rez.

Jody
01-28-2008, 08:49 PM
It needs to be shrunk, it is too tall for the 50% of the people running 1024x768 or lower rez.

Does one have lower rez before or after a bottle of wine?

Tned
01-28-2008, 08:53 PM
Does one have lower rez before or after a bottle of wine?

After the wine you have blurry_rez

Jody
01-28-2008, 08:57 PM
After the wine you have blurry_rez

Well, since I can't even get my clock right here (even after an update), it's best you're the board owner than me. :D I don't even know what "rez" means. Do you talk like this to your wife? :confused: ;)

RiversSucks
01-28-2008, 09:05 PM
wow jody, you can't help but to get off topic can you? :laugh:

but anyways tnedator isn't there a way you can resize the image yourself? or is Dream going to do the whole thing all over again in a different size?

Tned
01-28-2008, 09:05 PM
Well, since I can't even get my clock right here (even after an update), it's best you're the board owner than me. :D I don't even know what "rez" means. Do you talk like this to your wife? :confused: ;)

Double click the clock in your windows System tray and click "Internet Time" and then make sure "automatically synchronize...." is checked, then click "Update Now"

Tned
01-28-2008, 09:07 PM
wow jody, you can't help but to get off topic can you? :laugh:

but anyways tnedator isn't there a way you can resize the image yourself? or is Dream going to do the whole thing all over again in a different size?

There is a thread on creating new banners for the top, players wanted, etc. To date, Reid's is the only one that fits the size requirements. As the people participating in that thread produce some banners, we can then put them up for vote, or rotate them, or something.

Rick
01-28-2008, 09:36 PM
http://rockiesforums.com/images/logo.jpg

I scaled down Dreams logo. Only problem is it makes his for the fans by the fans a little small.

Tned-Mobile
01-28-2008, 10:11 PM
http://rockiesforums.com/images/logo.jpg

I scaled down Dreams logo. Only problem is it makes his for the fans by the fans a little small.

One of the reasons I am letting dream and the other graphics guys do their thing. When we have some new options, then I will change it out or rotate them.

Stargazer
01-29-2008, 03:50 AM
No old players.

This is a new board, and it should represent the players of today. Nobody forgets the great Bronco players of the past, but I'd like to see the current Bronco players represented today in the banner.

BroncoBJ
01-29-2008, 04:15 AM
Yea I like Dreams banner. The one we have up there is nice but I really dont like living in the past much. Though I'd like to see Marshall on the banner as well. :elefant:

Its all good though. Whatever happens happens. :salute:

fcspikeit
01-29-2008, 05:44 AM
No old players.

This is a new board, and it should represent the players of today. Nobody forgets the great Bronco players of the past, but I'd like to see the current Bronco players represented today in the banner.

Yea I like Dreams banner. The one we have up there is nice but I really dont like living in the past much. Though I'd like to see Marshall on the banner as well. :elefant:

Its all good though. Whatever happens happens. :salute:

You younger guys have to understand that for most of us, We became fans when guys like Elway were playing, some of us even became fans because of these retired players. I don't care who we have starting at any given time. John Elway will always be a Bronco!

BroncoBJ
01-29-2008, 05:56 AM
You younger guys have to understand that for most of us, We became fans when guys like Elway were playing, some of us even became fans because of these retired players. I don't care who we have starting at any given time. John Elway will always be a Bronco!

:lol: @ us younger guys. Yea I never watched a game when Elway was QB actually. Except I saw the loss vs the Giants I think because my dad had to sleep and told me to watch the game. Then the next year I watched as we went 6-10. :elefant:

I did see a few games of Elway in those old timer games at Mile High when it was him vs Montana or whatever.

But I guess I'm starting from scratch just like many of the older Bronco fans. If/when we ever win it all again in my lifetime I will be one happy camper. :salute:

fcspikeit
01-29-2008, 01:26 PM
:lol: @ us younger guys. Yea I never watched a game when Elway was QB actually. Except I saw the loss vs the Giants I think because my dad had to sleep and told me to watch the game. Then the next year I watched as we went 6-10. :elefant:

I did see a few games of Elway in those old timer games at Mile High when it was him vs Montana or whatever.

But I guess I'm starting from scratch just like many of the older Bronco fans. If/when we ever win it all again in my lifetime I will be one happy camper. :salute:

Don't get me wrong, I was not in any way putting you or anyone else down for your age. There's no way you could look at Elway the way I and most others do. We grew up with him. I have lived in Idaho all my life. I could care less about Denver. I am a Broncos fan. I doubt I would have been a Broncos fan if it weren't for Elway.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-29-2008, 01:54 PM
If it is possible, it would be great to include past/present players - that way, all Broncos fans should be satisfied.

Tned
01-29-2008, 02:10 PM
Just as a reminder, the creation of the banner is being discussed in the thread/poll that Dogfish created a while back.

BroncoBJ
01-29-2008, 03:04 PM
If it is possible, it would be great to include past/present players - that way, all Broncos fans should be satisfied.

I'm pretty sure its possible considering we have Past and Present Broncos on the banner already. :elefant:

And yea fcspikeit its all good. I didn't think you were putting me down. I cant help how old I am. :salute:

But were I'd rather talk about the 2008 season then the 1990's or before. :eek: