PDA

View Full Version : Broncos eyeing ... The Chiefs

Lonestar
12-01-2009, 06:28 PM
Broncos at Chiefs, Sunday, 11 a.m., KCNC-4
Posted: 12/01/2009 01:00:00 AM MST

Records: Broncos 7-4, Chiefs 3-8

Last week: Kansas City had its two-game winning streak snapped with a 43-14 loss at San Diego.

Who's hot: Jamaal Charles is the Chiefs' top tailback now that Larry Johnson is gone, and he is averaging 5.2 yards this season. Charles rushed 14 times for 93 yards — 6.6 yards per carry — Sunday against the Chargers.

Who's not: Kansas City's defense ranks in the bottom six in the 32-team NFL in the major categories of points (25.6, 28th), total yards (392.9, 30th), passing yards (258.4, 30th) and rushing yards (134.5, 27th) allowed per game.

Key stat: 14 — sacks recorded by the Kansas City defense. Broncos outside linebacker Elvis Dumervil has a league-leading 14 sacks on his own.

FYI: The Broncos are 1-16 in December games played at Kansas City. That includes Mike Shanahan's 0-6 record and Dan Reeves' 0-5 record in those games.

Coachspeak: "From my vantage point, it was an opportunity to see if we could take another little baby step. We didn't, clearly." — Kansas City coach Todd Haley, on his team's road blowout in San Diego

Lindsay H. Jones, The Denver Post
http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_13897277

HORSEPOWER 56
12-01-2009, 10:41 PM
Broncos at Chiefs, Sunday, 11 a.m., KCNC-4
Posted: 12/01/2009 01:00:00 AM MST

Records: Broncos 7-4, Chiefs 3-8

Last week: Kansas City had its two-game winning streak snapped with a 43-14 loss at San Diego.

Who's hot: Jamaal Charles is the Chiefs' top tailback now that Larry Johnson is gone, and he is averaging 5.2 yards this season. Charles rushed 14 times for 93 yards — 6.6 yards per carry — Sunday against the Chargers.

Who's not: Kansas City's defense ranks in the bottom six in the 32-team NFL in the major categories of points (25.6, 28th), total yards (392.9, 30th), passing yards (258.4, 30th) and rushing yards (134.5, 27th) allowed per game.

Key stat: 14 — sacks recorded by the Kansas City defense. Broncos outside linebacker Elvis Dumervil has a league-leading 14 sacks on his own.

FYI: The Broncos are 1-16 in December games played at Kansas City. That includes Mike Shanahan's 0-6 record and Dan Reeves' 0-5 record in those games.

Coachspeak: "From my vantage point, it was an opportunity to see if we could take another little baby step. We didn't, clearly." — Kansas City coach Todd Haley, on his team's road blowout in San Diego

Lindsay H. Jones, The Denver Post
http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_13897277

Ahh, but this is the new regime. There aren't any of those old skeletons in our closet anymore. This season has been about, if anything, paradigm breaking. We actually have a defense, now. LJ was the bane of our existence in KC before. I don't think Charles will be anywhere near as effective vs our defense.

Lonestar
12-01-2009, 10:48 PM
Ahh, but this is the new regime. There aren't any of those old skeletons in our closet anymore. This season has been about, if anything, paradigm breaking. We actually have a defense, now. LJ was the bane of our existence in KC before. I don't think Charles will be anywhere near as effective vs our defense.

Trent Green and the OLINE with another RB before LJ kicked our ass many times also..

sanluis
12-01-2009, 11:25 PM

KC's running back is very good. I see no reason to think he will have a bad game. Ask the Steelers...

KCL
12-02-2009, 12:38 AM
KC's running back is very good. I see no reason to think he will have a bad game. Ask the Steelers...

Charles is alot quicker than LJ...even though we lost to SD...He had a pretty good game.
despite getting the ball stripped.

sanluis
12-02-2009, 12:44 AM
Charles is alot quicker than LJ...even though we lost to SD...He had a pretty good game.
despite getting the ball stripped.

That strip was a great play by the D!!

All it takes is one good block and Charles is off to the races. We did a good job on him and he still ran for almost 100 yards. He is really FAST!!.

I am glad we don't have to play him and Chambers again!! KC in December is never a good thing for the opposing team!! :D

KCL
12-02-2009, 12:54 AM
That strip was a great play by the D!!

All it takes is one good block and Charles is off to the races. We did a good job on him and he still ran for almost 100 yards. He is really FAST!!.

I am glad we don't have to play him and Chambers again!! KC in December is never a good thing for the opposing team!! :D

On that strip...it was a good play and he was fighting for extra yardage...gotta give him credit for that..LJ never could get going(didn't try IMO) and Charles somehow manages to find an opening even with the horrible line we have.

I love the Chambers pickup the Chiefs did...they better hang onto him and I hope he plays for several more years.

rcsodak
12-02-2009, 02:01 AM

Ask your chargers. :laugh:

Though, when you're up on a team, you couldn't care less if they're running the ball. Just takes more time off the clock.

KCL
12-02-2009, 06:53 AM
Ask your chargers. :laugh:

Though, when you're up on a team, you couldn't care less if they're running the ball. Just takes more time off the clock.

Did you watch the game? If so..you should have noticed that the Chargers weren't letting up on the Chiefs no matter what the score was.

Nomad
12-02-2009, 07:16 AM
Did you watch the game? If so..you should have noticed that the Chargers weren't letting up on the Chiefs no matter what the score was.

You're ok with teams running up the score...right!!

This won't be a gimme game for the BRONCOS like many fans think, hopefully they bring their A game.

EastCoastBronco
12-02-2009, 07:53 AM
Arrowhead in December is never a gimme game. I'm sure that place was built on an Indian burial ground and it has something to do with the winter solstice...;-)

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
12-02-2009, 08:21 AM

This won't be a gimme game for the BRONCOS like many fans think, hopefully they bring their A game.

Nobody thinks this is a gimme game unless this is their first season of enjoying NFL football.

broncofaninfla
12-02-2009, 09:09 AM
Charles is quietly becoming a elite back in this league. He's quick and elusive and seems to be getting better with each passing week.

Lonestar
12-02-2009, 09:42 AM
IIRC this will be the first game this year LAS has us favored. Let's hope that it does not go to either teams heads.

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel.

broncofaninfla
12-02-2009, 10:22 AM
Derrick Thomas gets another overdue honor on Sunday (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/02/derrick-thomas-gets-another-overdue-honor-on-sunday/)

Posted by Mike Florio on December 2, 2009 7:24 AM ET
As the team first announced in June (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/06/23/chiefs-will-retire-derrick-thomas-number/), the number worn by Derrick Thomas for more than a decade in Kansas City will be retired during Sunday's game against the Denver Broncos.

Thomas was inducted into the Hall of Fame in August.

At halftime, 58 will join the rest of the numbers the franchise has set aside: 3 (Jan Stenerud); 16 (Len Dawson); (18) Emmitt Thomas; 28 (Abner Haynes); 33 (Stone Johnson); 36 (Mack Lee Hill); 63 (Willie Lanier); 78 (Bobby Bell); and 86 (Buck Buchanan).

If a few of the players honor Thomas' memory by playing like he once did at Arrowhead Stadium, the Broncos could be facing the same fate the Steelers suffered during the last game played there.

KCL
12-02-2009, 10:27 AM

I don't have a problem with it Nomad...if a team loses by 3 or by 30...it's still
a loss.

wbmustang
12-02-2009, 10:51 AM
The Brocnos play so freaking bad against the Chiefs in Arrowhead though its ridiculous!

sanluis
12-02-2009, 11:56 AM
I don't have a problem with it Nomad...if a team loses by 3 or by 30...it's still
a loss.

points matter when playoff seedings are on the line... It sounds like you understand that KCL .:D

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
12-02-2009, 11:59 AM
The Brocnos play so freaking bad against the Chiefs in Arrowhead though its ridiculous!

It's freezing, the air sucks, 80,000 people are booing you and cheering with joy when you get hit hard. Homefield advantage is a huge factor there, and it's not just when playing the Broncos either.

weazel
12-02-2009, 12:09 PM
history tells us that this will be a loss...

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
12-02-2009, 12:11 PM
history tells us that this will be a loss...

And faith begs to differ.

KCL
12-02-2009, 01:14 PM
points matter when playoff seedings are on the line... It sounds like you understand that KCL .:D

Yep I understand that and since KC has nothing to play for except pride...I hope we can pull an upset and beat Denver this Sunday..and yes it would be considered an upset...it would upset the Denver fans...;)

KCL
12-02-2009, 01:17 PM
It's freezing, the air sucks, 80,000 people are booing you and cheering with joy when you get hit hard. Homefield advantage is a huge factor there, and it's not just when playing the Broncos either.

I guess they forgot they had home field advantage when we played the
Raiders...:rolleyes:

:lol:

Lonestar
12-02-2009, 04:05 PM

supposed to be cloudy and 42 for a HIGH..

BroncoInKC
12-02-2009, 06:20 PM
Living in KC I have yet to see a solid 50k + in that stadium this year. It can still get loud but I would be surprised if there is between 50 - 60k but also wouldn't be surprised if it is way less.

KCL
12-02-2009, 06:56 PM
Living in KC I have yet to see a solid 50k + in that stadium this year. It can still get loud but I would be surprised if there is between 50 - 60k but also wouldn't be surprised if it is way less.

Beings they're playing Denver...I think come game time...Arrowhead will be
rocking!

rcsodak
12-02-2009, 07:26 PM
Charles is quietly becoming a elite back in this league. He's quick and elusive and seems to be getting better with each passing week.

Well if THAT'S the case, after his less-than-a-season of playing FT, I guess that makes Moreno the next walter payton! ;)

Charles was intriguing coming out of college. He seemed to always break long runs in the 4th qtr. But then again, he was never used like Benson was. He semed to always have a buddy back there to share the load.

Not sure how he'll handle being THE RB. Guess we'll see after next year's draft what the chefs think.

rcsodak
12-02-2009, 07:28 PM

OLD REGIMES!!!!! Time to get with the new!

Broncos roll.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-02-2009, 07:32 PM

:welcome: to Broncos Forums - ENJOY - :salute: I am only guessing, but I would think since it is a Division opponent, there will be close to a full house. Is there word that a black out could occur in the KC area?

KCL
12-02-2009, 07:40 PM
:welcome: to Broncos Forums - ENJOY - :salute: I am only guessing, but I would think since it is a Division opponent, there will be close to a full house. Is there word that a black out could occur in the KC area?

No blackout Carol...as far as I know...hell the last 2 seasons...look at our record...not one black out...which means I suffered through every game...:lol:

rcsodak
12-02-2009, 07:40 PM

They're sold out, carol.. Just nobody going. $77 for pretty good seats.

If denver had fans like Pitt does........ :tsk:

KCL
12-02-2009, 07:42 PM

Get your ass out there rc and cheer your team on...:cheer2:

rcsodak
12-02-2009, 07:56 PM
Get your ass out there rc and cheer your team on...:cheer2:

Gonna sit with me?:beer:

KCL
12-02-2009, 08:15 PM
Gonna sit with me?:beer:

You want me to?

Denver Native (Carol)
12-02-2009, 08:17 PM

Many Pitt fans are transplants who live here :tsk:

KCL
12-02-2009, 08:20 PM
Many Pitt fans are transplants who live here :tsk:

Same as the ones that were at the KC-Pitt game...they all were waving their
terrible towels...I was just glad that they came to the game expecting a win and left without one...:lol:

rcsodak
12-02-2009, 08:39 PM
You want me to?

$77/seat

Gonna keep me warm? :beer:

KCL
12-02-2009, 11:05 PM
$77/seat

Gonna keep me warm? :beer:

Sure...why not? I would need something to do at halftime...:lol:

JDL
12-03-2009, 02:55 AM
Scary game...

KC will be highly motivated retiring DTs number... wish they would have done it when SD came to visit ..lol.

rcsodak
12-04-2009, 08:46 PM
Sure...why not? I would need something to do at halftime...:lol:

:couch:

KCL
12-04-2009, 08:48 PM
:couch:

oh.so now you wanna go and hide from me huh? :tsk: