PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Orton - AFCW player of the week

LRtagger
12-01-2009, 10:27 AM
AFC West player of the week
By Bill Williamson

We’re giving this week’s AFC West player of the week award to Denver quarterback Kyle Orton.

Orton proved himself to be Denver’s undisputed leader in the win over the New York Giants, which snapped the team's four-game losing streak and put them in great position to earn a wild-card berth.

Orton came back after missing about three quarters in the two previous games to lead Denver to a 26-6 win over the New York Giants. Orton threw for 245 yards in the win.

Orton is never going to wow anyone with mind-boggling statistics. But he fits Denver’s offense and he seems back on track after a couple of shaky games earlier in November.

:salute:

Tned-Mobile
12-01-2009, 11:11 AM
I don't typically read the ESPN stuff, but this AFCW player of the week think gave me a chuckle. What's next, a Broncos player of the week and Chiefs player of the week? lol

claymore
12-01-2009, 11:15 AM
I don't typically read the ESPN stuff, but this AFCW player of the week think gave me a chuckle. What's next, a Broncos player of the week and Chiefs player of the week? lol

Everybody gets a prize no matter what Tned.

GEM
12-01-2009, 12:03 PM
Everybody gets a prize no matter what Tned.

Do your kids have Field Day at school, Clay?

They suck now!! It's all politically correct now. Everyone gets the same colored ribbon. When I was a kid, Field Day was the shiz. We'd beat the crap out of each other to get 1st place blue ribbons. And you got one for each event. Now it's one stupid ribbon, all the same color and they write on the back what place you took in each event.

PC sucks.

claymore
12-01-2009, 12:05 PM
Do your kids have Field Day at school, Clay?

They suck now!! It's all politically correct now. Everyone gets the same colored ribbon. When I was a kid, Field Day was the shiz. We'd beat the crap out of each other to get 1st place blue ribbons. And you got one for each event. Now it's one stupid ribbon, all the same color and they write on the back what place you took in each event.

PC sucks.

Dude, Id be suprised if they let my kids go outside to be honest. They dont get ANY recess..... Nothing, and only have PE a couple times a week.

GEM
12-01-2009, 12:07 PM
Dude, Id be suprised if they let my kids go outside to be honest. They dont get ANY recess..... Nothing, and only have PE a couple times a week.

:shocked: No recess? Say what?? That's friggen insane!!

CoachChaz
12-01-2009, 12:20 PM
I'm the opposite...I wish my high school was like my son's. His first period class is athletics. So basically, he does football in the fall...power-lifting in the winter and baseball in the spring. First period...everyday...this is a class. AND HE GETS A GRADE FOR IT!!!

When I was in HS, we had PE twice a week and any athletics was strictly extra-curricular

Dirk
12-01-2009, 12:26 PM
Yeah the "we don't want to hurt anyone's feelings" is stupid.

Sure it sucked getting a 3rd place ribbon. But it felt that much better getting a blue one!

The schools don't teach adversity any longer. So when a child gets into the real world and finds out that they aren't going to be treated the same as all other peers in a work environment, they are shocked.

Make kids earn what they get. Let the "spoiling" be done by the parents.

GEM
12-01-2009, 12:29 PM
I'm the opposite...I wish my high school was like my son's. His first period class is athletics. So basically, he does football in the fall...power-lifting in the winter and baseball in the spring. First period...everyday...this is a class. AND HE GETS A GRADE FOR IT!!!

When I was in HS, we had PE twice a week and any athletics was strictly extra-curricular

We had gym everyday, but gym was a joke. Badmitton week, volleyball week....though dodge ball week in high school was pretty freakin funny! :laugh:

CoachChaz
12-01-2009, 12:35 PM
We had gym everyday, but gym was a joke. Badmitton week, volleyball week....though dodge ball week in high school was pretty freakin funny! :laugh:

Anyone else have 2 weeks of F'ing sqare-dancing? I did. How the hell is that athletic?

claymore
12-01-2009, 12:40 PM
:shocked: No recess? Say what?? That's friggen insane!!

Anyone else have 2 weeks of F'ing sqare-dancing? I did. How the hell is that athletic?

That was music class!

slim
12-01-2009, 12:41 PM
We had a choice in HS. Gym was either flag football, weight training, BB, Volleyball, softball etc...depending on the time of year.

I always went with flag football and basketball.

CoachChaz
12-01-2009, 12:48 PM
That was music class!

No...we had to do that shit in PE

The Glue Factory
12-01-2009, 12:59 PM

You ever hear of pickle ball? Some crazy kind of cross between badmitton, tennis and ping pong. :tsk::tsk:

College was much better for gym classes. Racquetball, ballroom dance, volleyball even scuba!

The Glue Factory
12-01-2009, 01:06 PM

Beats learning to dance to YMCA and other disco era songs. :protest: One of my elem. level gym classes was a wicked dance that used two 8 foot bamboo poles that you tap twice on the floor and twice together. Best not have your foot inbetween when they're tapped together! :tape: I think I STILL have bruises from then.

broncofaninfla
12-01-2009, 01:10 PM

It was PE for us as well when i was in school in Germany. HATED it.

Dirk
12-01-2009, 01:18 PM
One of my elem. level gym classes was a wicked dance that used two 8 foot bamboo poles that you tap twice on the floor and twice together.

That's hillarious! I had to do that at my school too. I believe it was 6th grade and we had to put on a performance for the parents one evening. Pennington Elementary.

Dr Velcro
12-01-2009, 01:20 PM
I must say that I really enjoyed seeing Orton against the Giants this past week if for only one reason....

He had big smiles during most of the game.

He was truly enjoying himself out there, and that should be the
reason he's there to begin with.

That....and he did a pretty good job.

KCL
12-01-2009, 01:25 PM

This is from the NFL

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=832877&postcount=1

claymore
12-01-2009, 01:27 PM
I must say that I really enjoyed seeing Orton against the Giants this past week if for only one reason....

He had big smiles during most of the game.

He was truly enjoying himself out there, and that should be the
reason he's there to begin with.

That....and he did a pretty good job.

I loved seeing the big ass smile after Marshall's one handed beauty catch.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
12-01-2009, 01:29 PM
Kyle Orton is a beast. Love the guy.

Miss jay but that's over.

The Glue Factory
12-01-2009, 01:33 PM
That's hillarious! I had to do that at my school too. I believe it was 6th grade and we had to put on a performance for the parents one evening. Pennington Elementary.

Oh good LORD! At least our was confined to gym. :sighofrelief: Although I did have a very great aversion to doing the uneven bars (you know where the olympic girls go flying around and hit the bar where a guys nuts are) during gymnastics.

Dr Velcro
12-01-2009, 01:37 PM
Then....
http://www.tremendousupsidepotential.com/orton.jpg
I fear this to be Cutler's future :(

Now....
http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs112.snc3/15969_189329808802_577083802_3146510_3127138_n.jpg
Clay...this is the one you are talking about.

Medford Bronco
12-01-2009, 01:59 PM
Good for him he is playing better than the overrated :franchiseQB:

pnbronco
12-01-2009, 02:39 PM
Then....
http://www.tremendousupsidepotential.com/orton.jpg
I fear this to be Cutler's future :(

Now....
http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs112.snc3/15969_189329808802_577083802_3146510_3127138_n.jpg
Clay...this is the one you are talking about.

That's the one I love, he's got a great smile.

Requiem / The Dagda
12-01-2009, 03:38 PM
Our gym classes were poorly structured with games that really didn't rely on athleticism. Boys were just going to beat girls period. My high school gym teacher toked and watched XXX films while we had class. He'd just keep us occupied. He tried to make things fair with dodgeball, only letting us males throw with our non-dominant hands. Good thing I'm ambidextrous, yeaaaaaaaah.

Anyways, kudos to Orton. He has done well.

Lonestar
12-01-2009, 04:25 PM
Well once again so someone outside of denver has noticed a Bronco.

Bravo for them.

The more I see of the kid the more I like him. Everything one could want in a QB except perhap pin point accuarcy. Of course that may also develop after time with working with his recievers. Afterall manning and brady were not as good with it in their first year throwing to the WR and TE that they had. Took them time to KNOW what they were going to do coming out of a cut.

But then he may not either but I doubt that he has peaked in his skills either having a great QB coach will no doubt up his skills.

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel.

Dr Velcro
12-01-2009, 04:32 PM
Kyle Orton is like the kid on the team who
never really had self-confidence.

He gets it and he just lights-up like Christmas morning.

It was really nice to see that. You can tell he's playing with a
lot of heart right now. He's trying to earn respect & his place
in the NFL.

It's good for Broncos fans.

Dirk
12-01-2009, 05:51 PM
I think DrV and Pn have a crush on Kyle. ;)

Hell, if he keeps playing like he is I guess I will have a man crush on him. But not in the way Clay would...just an admiration one from me. :salute:

slim
12-01-2009, 08:56 PM
Kyle Orton is like the kid on the team who
never really had self-confidence.

He gets it and he just lights-up like Christmas morning.

It was really nice to see that. You can tell he's playing with a
lot of heart right now. He's trying to earn respect & his place
in the NFL.

It's good for Broncos fans.

He is what ClevelandRocks could have been.

gobroncsnv
12-01-2009, 09:04 PM
Yeah the "we don't want to hurt anyone's feelings" is stupid.

Sure it sucked getting a 3rd place ribbon. But it felt that much better getting a blue one!

The schools don't teach adversity any longer. So when a child gets into the real world and finds out that they aren't going to be treated the same as all other peers in a work environment, they are shocked.

Actually, it's starting to look like they are taking away the "real" world also... spread the wealth, and all that crap. Bailouts, "free" health care, soon, we all get third world, excuse me, third place ribbons.

pnbronco
12-02-2009, 05:50 AM
I think DrV and Pn have a crush on Kyle. ;)

Hell, if he keeps playing like he is I guess I will have a man crush on him. But not in the way Clay would...just an admiration one from me. :salute:

Actually it's more that I like good things happening for good people. The opposite of everyone getting a ribbon is acknowledgment of people that work their tail off to overcome adversity. I was at Invesco when Kyle got booed at the practice and then at camp when that kid had a sign that Orton hears a boo. Instead of holding it against Denver he just worked harder, heck he wasn't even voted a Captain this year but he hasn't moped about it.

I know for a fact that he and his wife have/are helping several Children's Charities in the Metro area. He's one of the good guys, so I'm really happy for him when I see him light up like a Christmas tree. So for me it's more of a Mom thing, but I see nothing wrong with "man crushes".....:D

dogfish
12-02-2009, 11:45 AM
no wonder dortoh's been scarce. . . .

topscribe
12-02-2009, 11:57 AM
Actually it's more that I like good things happening for good people. The opposite of everyone getting a ribbon is acknowledgment of people that work their tail off to overcome adversity. I was at Invesco when Kyle got booed at the practice and then at camp when that kid had a sign that Orton hears a boo. Instead of holding it against Denver he just worked harder, heck he wasn't even voted a Captain this year but he hasn't moped about it.

I know for a fact that he and his wife have/are helping several Children's Charities in the Metro area. He's one of the good guys, so I'm really happy for him when I see him light up like a Christmas tree. So for me it's more of a Mom thing, but I see nothing wrong with "man crushes".....:D

:confused: Kyle was voted a Captain . . .

. . . or were you talking about Clay?

-----

rcsodak
12-02-2009, 08:33 PM
Our gym classes were poorly structured with games that really didn't rely on athleticism. Boys were just going to beat girls period. My high school gym teacher toked and watched XXX films while we had class. He'd just keep us occupied. He tried to make things fair with dodgeball, only letting us males throw with our non-dominant hands. Good thing I'm ambidextrous, yeaaaaaaaah.

Anyways, kudos to Orton. He has done well.

:eek:

EWWWWWWWW.....!!!!!