PDA

View Full Version : Week 12 Power Rankings

CoachChaz
12-01-2009, 08:31 AM
32. St. Louis (1-10) – The positive is that the more you watch them…the more bright spots you can see to build on

31. Cleveland (1-10) – Apparently forgot what offense was again

30. Detroit (2-9) – Stafford is going to be a good one…if they can get more talent around him

29. Tampa Bay (1-10) – Freeman has been more impressive than I thought

28. Oakland (3-8) – Looked like a D2 college team against a mediocre Dallas squad

27. Kansas City (3-8) – Simply got outplayed by a better team.

26. Buffalo (4-7) – Trent Edwards making them look better…maybe Shanny can do even more

25. Washington (3-8) – If they could score 4 more points per game, they might be a playoff contender

24. Seattle (4-7) – Played the Rams…not much to say

23. Carolina (4-7) – Every loss gets them closer to replacing Delhomme permanently

22. Chicago (4-7) – And people STILL think Cutler will be a perennial Pro-Bowler

21. San Francisco (5-6) – Defense held the hot Jags to only 3…too bad it’s not a habit

20. NY Jets (5-6) – If Another team that is loaded with bright spots

19. Miami (5-6) – Bland and boring and not the same due to injuries

18. Houston (5-6) – HC and GM need to go. Someone needs to bring in more talent and let the stars on this team be stars

17. Tennessee (5-6) – 5 in a row. I hate to say Young is the answer, but he’s making me look good for not putting them in the bottom 5 all year

16. Atlanta (6-5) – Depite their failures, Ryan is still a stud QB

15. Jacksonville (6-5) – Almost pushed themselves into the playoff picture.

14. NY Giants (6-5) – What the hell has happened to this team?

13. Pittsburgh (6-5) – Proof that you still have to run the ball to win games

12. Baltimore (6-5) – Just not enough talent on offense…I’ll say this EVERY week

11. Green Bay (7-4) – If the offense can keep rolling…they could scare some teams

10. Denver (7-4) – Defense decided it’s vacation was over and the leaders actually lead the team

9. Philadelphia (7-4) – Pulled one out to stay in the race. Not impressive, but they keep winning

8. Arizona (7-4) – Couldn’t hold off VY’s late heroics

7. Dallas (8-3) – Still have some tough games ahead before they take the division crown. My money says Philly beats them out

6. Cincinnati (8-3) – Playing Cleveland came at the right time.

5. San Diego (8-3) – I’m thinking they end up with 13 wins if they keep playing this way.

4. New England (7-4) – Brady looked very average in a tough game.

3. Indianapolis (11-0) – Another late victory to keep the streak alive. When does the luck run out?

2. New Orleans (11-0) – Proved quite a bit by destroying a hot Pats team.

1. Minnesota (10-1) – Brett Favre – MVP.

NightTrainLayne
12-01-2009, 09:55 AM
Boy, after last night I don't know how N.O. isn't in first with Minnesota second, but it's not worth quibbling over. Both are playing outstanding football right now, and I believe that both are playing better than the Colts. Good work.

CoachChaz
12-01-2009, 10:08 AM
Boy, after last night I don't know how N.O. isn't in first with Minnesota second, but it's not worth quibbling over. Both are playing outstanding football right now, and I believe that both are playing better than the Colts. Good work.

Just my opinion, but I still think Minnesota can beat NO. They have a pass rush to hurry Brees and they are stout against the run. Plus they have a better running game. Again...just my opinion

Dreadnought
12-01-2009, 10:14 AM
Just my opinion, but I still think Minnesota can beat NO. They have a pass rush to hurry Brees and they are stout against the run. Plus they have a better running game. Again...just my opinion

I agree with Layne, though your reasoning is sound and completely defensible.

It could be one of those weird deals where the Colts could beat the Vikings, who can beat the Saints, who can beat the Colts. Or perhaps this guy is the only one who knows for sure via his expert examination of sheep entrails

http://hogwartsprofessor.com/wp-content/uploads/777/2007/09/witchdoctor1.jpg

BroncoHusker
12-01-2009, 10:38 AM
Aren't the Bengals 8-3?

Good list though. I have to agree that right now the Vikings are the best team in the NFL, but I was real impressed with the Saints last night. Those two seem to be on a different level than anyone else.

T.K.O.
12-01-2009, 12:25 PM
the pats are 7-4 not 8-3....and we beat them so they " MUST" be behind us for your rankings to have any credibility.....j/k

broncofaninfla
12-01-2009, 01:02 PM
Good stuff Coach!! One team that is hard to guage right now is tenn. They are playing hot right now and seem capable of beating a number of teams ranked ahead of them. But with that being said, they have seem weak DB's and as hot as Young and Johnson are I think Manning will expose a pretty weak secondary.

Poet
12-01-2009, 01:42 PM
I agree with pretty much everything, although to me the Browns are definitely the worst team. Then again, I hate that city, so I could be....err... definitely biased against them.

Cincinnati gets their chance to prove if they're a really good team or an elite team with games against Minnesota and San Diego. As of right now, I think 6 is right where we should be. Our offensive line forgot how to pass block and we recently lost to Oakland.

Great job, as usual, Coach.

KCL
12-01-2009, 02:22 PM
27. Kansas City (3-8) – Simply got outplayed by a better team.

LMAO...I like the way you worded that.

outplayed=got their asses kicked.

Gamechanger
12-01-2009, 02:38 PM
I'm not disagreeing with your assessment
my only slight is, why is it always luck? IIRC there were many games that the teams above mine went down to a late victory
does that constitute luck?

NightTrainLayne
12-01-2009, 03:01 PM
my only slight is, why is it always luck? IIRC there were many games that the teams above mine went down to a late victory

The other teams' luck looks prettier. :D

CoachChaz
12-01-2009, 03:26 PM

But not every team does it every week. Call it luck, call it Peyton, call it whatever. I call it 11-0 no matter how anyone describes it

Medford Bronco
12-01-2009, 07:46 PM
My only thing would be to flip
NO and Minny
and NE and SD

the Rest are spot on Coach. :salute:

Northman
12-01-2009, 08:15 PM
Favre gets a lot of praise for what he is done in Minny (much deserved) but i think the true MVP is Jared Allen. The dude cannot be stopped and will in my opinion go down as the worst trades the Chiefs ever did. Why we didnt get in on that ill never know. lol

KCL
12-02-2009, 12:11 AM
Favre gets a lot of praise for what he is done in Minny (much deserved) but i think the true MVP is Jared Allen. The dude cannot be stopped and will in my opinion go down as the worst trades the Chiefs ever did. Why we didnt get in on that ill never know. lol

Stupid CP...:mad:

Poet
12-02-2009, 12:26 AM
If Favre isn't the MVP then I don't know who is. We saw the Vikings last year without Favre and we see them this year with him. Brees pretty much had the exact same team last year, things are just clicking.

CoachChaz
12-02-2009, 11:20 AM

Jared Allen is a stud, but Favre's numbers and how he's transformed that team are ridiculous.

All 3 of my boys play either DE or DT and I sit them in front of YouTube and make them watch Jared Allen highlights.

topscribe
12-02-2009, 11:37 AM
"Brady looked very average in a tough game."

Well, I was advised to watch the game.

I watched it . . . :coffee:

-----