PDA

View Full Version : Weis to denver next year?

sneakers
12-01-2009, 06:40 AM
Start your speculation....now!

LRtagger
12-01-2009, 07:38 AM
No way. McDaniels calls the plays...to bring in Weis as OC makes no sense.

Dirk
12-01-2009, 07:48 AM
Nah. I don't see that happening. I don't think that McD will give up those duties.

But, you never know. I am not in favor of the move though.

If Kubes is let go in Houston I would be for bringing him in for OC. :wearingorangeglasses:

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
12-01-2009, 07:51 AM
Where the hell did you get the idea anybody is considering bringing Weis to denver? That's ludicrous.

CoachChaz
12-01-2009, 08:03 AM
No chance Weis or Kubes ever sniff Denver. I dont care how great an OC is...he wont be in Denver as long as McDaniels is and that's fine with me

camdisco24
12-01-2009, 09:49 AM
Nah.... no chance.
He needs to go somewhere that actually needs him.
Cleveland would be a good choice.

broncofaninfla
12-01-2009, 10:08 AM
I doubt it happens but wouldn't mind getting a full time OC on staff to help out. McD is either too busy to be an effective OC or just isn't as good as I initally thought he would be.

claymore
12-01-2009, 10:09 AM
I doubt we see weis. He was MCD boss, so it doesnt make sense. I do hope we upgrade our OC. He sucks.

dogfish
12-01-2009, 10:24 AM
fug dat noise!

BroncoHusker
12-01-2009, 10:28 AM
Seems like a much better chance of him ending up in KC

Medford Bronco
12-01-2009, 10:31 AM
Nah.... no chance.

He is probably a better coach that Rat man is

GEM
12-01-2009, 10:50 AM
Nah.... no chance.

I would guess that Cleveland is about done with the Belichick coaching tree. If they aren't, they should be.

claymore
12-01-2009, 11:14 AM
I would guess that Cleveland is about done with the Belichick coaching tree. If they aren't, they should be.

Its kinda sad. I think they feel like they missed on Belichick, and now their leash is extra long.

GEM
12-01-2009, 11:18 AM
Its kinda sad. I think they feel like they missed on Belichick, and now their leash is extra long.

Their choices for coaches have been abysmal at best. They kind of go with whoever is hot at the moment without really thinking it through.

Though adding Weiss would finish the trifecta. Crennel, Mangina, Weiss.

shank
12-01-2009, 11:20 AM
i don't understand why this thread exists...

claymore
12-01-2009, 11:27 AM
Their choices for coaches have been abysmal at best. They kind of go with whoever is hot at the moment without really thinking it through.

Weis is the most logical. He could use a good bout with staph infection. It would cut 100 lbs of his gut. :(

NightTrainLayne
12-01-2009, 11:29 AM

Mangino would still be the coach. I'm guessing he's more-or-less in charge of hiring his own staff. In that sense, Weiss makes a lot of sense as the OC. Certainly no-one is considering Weiss as an HC in the NFL right now.

topscribe
12-01-2009, 11:54 AM
Start your speculation....now!

:faint:

-----

weazel
12-01-2009, 02:01 PM
makes me want to start a bunch more threads...

Urban Meyer heading to Denver!
Steve Spurrier to coach Denver!
Randy Shannon looks to be Denvers new coach!

it's fun guys, just input names along with Denver, you can waste the whole day away!!!! :listen:

The Glue Factory
12-01-2009, 02:16 PM
makes me want to start a bunch more threads...

Urban Meyer heading to Denver!
Steve Spurrier to coach Denver!
Randy Shannon looks to be Denvers new coach!

it's fun guys, just input names along with Denver, you can waste the whole day away!!!! :listen:

Hmmm... Let's give this a try..

Peyton Manning traded to Denver!
Marshall signed by San Diego.

You're right! I can waste a lot of time doing this.

honz
12-01-2009, 02:48 PM
Sneakers is an underrated poster IMO. :slow clap:

rationalfan
12-01-2009, 03:51 PM
so, uh, nobody here acknowledges the existence of the current Broncos OC Mike McCoy?

TXBRONC
12-01-2009, 04:22 PM
Why would McDaniels bring Weis in when:

1.) We have an offensive coordinator.

2.) McDaniels is doing the play calling .

Skinny
12-14-2009, 07:52 PM
Rumblings but interesting no less...
Report: Redskins Have Strong Interest In Charlie Weis

By Chuck Carroll
Football News Now Staff Writer
December 14, 2009

There are more rumblings that former Notre Dame head coach Charlie Weis could be heading to the Washington Redskins in 2010.

Chris Russell of radio station 106.7 The Fan in Washington, DC reports that two NFL teams have expressed a high level of interest in Weis, one of which was the Washington Redskins.

A source close to Weis stated that it was unclear as to what capacity the Redskins want to use him. However, it can’t be too far fetched to believe he would take over as the new head coach of the team.

The other team interested in Weis is the Denver Broncos. The same situation applies there.

Link (http://www.footballnewsnow.com/2009/report-redskins-have-strong-interest-in-charlie-weis/)

Ravage!!!
12-14-2009, 08:21 PM
The speculations on where Weis goes to the NFL makes sense considering he's a Belicheck guy, and just got fired from ND. McDaniels is a Belicheck guy.... Weis was VERY successful in the NFL as a OC in the NFL... our OC sucks.

But No way he comes here. I wouldn't be shocked to see him (Weis) in NE again. Who wouldn't want to lead the offense that has both Brady, Moss and Welker?

McDaniels wants to call the plays. There would be no advantage to Weis coming to Denver. Maybe in Carolina with Cowher?

dogfish
12-14-2009, 08:22 PM
so, uh, nobody here acknowledges the existence of the current Broncos OC Mike McCoy?

maybe not, but the people at starbucks and duncan donuts know him quite well. . . .

dogfish
12-14-2009, 08:27 PM
Rumblings but interesting no less...

Link (http://www.footballnewsnow.com/2009/report-redskins-have-strong-interest-in-charlie-weis/)

LMAO

hiring weiss as HC would be too perfect for dan snyder. . . weiss has great name recognition, and hiring him would probably generate a lot of buzz because of his connection with the super bowl teams in new england and the once-storied notre dame program-- however, he's never proven to be a good head coach on any level, was a failure at notre dame, and will probably be the next coming of eric mangini if somebody actually gives him a shot as a pro HC. . . snyder's probably drooling on himself already. . .

Medford Bronco
12-14-2009, 08:30 PM
LMAO

hiring weiss as HC would be too perfect for dan snyder. . . weiss has great name recognition, and hiring him would probably generate a lot of buzz because of his connection with the super bowl teams in new england and the once-storied notre dame program-- however, he's never proven to be a good head coach on any level, was a failure at notre dame, and will probably be the next coming of eric mangini if somebody actually gives him a shot as a pro HC. . . snyder's probably drooling on himself already. . .

hey Eric the Rat helped us by Cleveland beating Pitt.

at least Weiss is not a Rat like Eric is :lol:

He should end up in NE. Their own OC is horrid this year.

claymore
12-14-2009, 08:32 PM
I cant say what I want here. I would be ostracized.

Ravage!!!
12-14-2009, 08:32 PM
I'm glad Mangini ratted on NE. Lets give the guy a more positive name for showing everyone what a cheat BB is.

dogfish
12-14-2009, 08:33 PM

or ostrichized. . . . :shocked:

Medford Bronco
12-14-2009, 08:36 PM

http://www.tomuphoto.com/albums/album02/Ostrich.sized.jpg :lol:

claymore
12-14-2009, 08:37 PM

Don Don dOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAwnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!

Medford Bronco
12-14-2009, 08:38 PM

http://dubsism.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/lonely-michigan-kid.jpg

Dirk
12-15-2009, 06:36 AM
It's quite obvious that next year McD will hire Shanny to be his OC since he doesn't want to give up his 30,000 sq ft house. :coffee:

I joke of course so don't take it as anything else. :lol: