PDA

View Full Version : Lost

sneakers
01-25-2008, 07:47 PM
Anyone else addicted to this show? Only 6 more days!

Watchthemiddle
01-25-2008, 07:50 PM
Anyone else addicted to this show? Only 6 more days!

I haven't seen one episode.

I think I have found a few places online to watch past seasons. Have been thinking about trying to get caught up. What season are they on?

claymore
01-25-2008, 07:55 PM
Heard about it for the first time today.......

Skinny
01-25-2008, 07:55 PM
Yep! Can't wait ... i just hope they don't go all stupified with it. There have been a few shows in the past were the first couple of seasons are great then they decide to go in a diffrent direction and totally go away from what made it so popular ...

sneakers
02-03-2008, 03:09 AM
So what did you think of the 1st episode of season? Hurley is one crazy dude...but it was nice to see Charlie even if the was just a crazy delision.

Mike
02-07-2008, 09:06 AM
I just had a chance to watch it yesterday (TiVo is the coolest). I thought that it was very good.

- I think that was Jack's dad in the chair in the cabin
- I think that part of the deal to get off the island was to say that there were no survivors of the crash...but I think that they are all alive on the island
- I think that the rescue people are the people from the real Dharma group
- I think this epidsode is before Jack's breakdown (last season's finale)...hence Jack's last line that he was thinking of growing a beard

fcspikeit
02-09-2008, 06:37 PM
I just had a chance to watch it yesterday (TiVo is the coolest). I thought that it was very good.

- I think that part of the deal to get off the island was to say that there were no survivors of the crash...but I think that they are all alive on the island
- I think this epidsode is before Jack's breakdown (last season's finale)...hence Jack's last line that he was thinking of growing a beard

I think Jacob (The guy in the chair) is Lock some how from the future..

They need to clear some things up. It is a little confusing with them jumping back and forth. They can't stay off the island, so there will have to be a going back and changing things, Maybe from Desmond? Beings he seems to have the power to see the future...

Also, with the dead bodies in the Plain, and them even finding the plain shows somehow oceanic must be behind things. How could they have even found the plain? It is crashed on the Island broke in half and not where they found it, in one piece. Therefore, the plain they found must be planted to cover up the truth. Who else could be doing that but oceanic?

I don't really like where the show is going... Even if this all turns out to be a vision of Desmond's. The general theme of getting rescued is now gone. We the viewers will know they are supposed to remain on the island.

Also, what was the deal about Jack acting like his father was alive? I thought that was strange and I'm not sure how that fits? When Jack was on the plain, it looked like Jin and his wife was on the same plain behind him. It was almost like the crash never happened. It seems they are posing more questions then they can answer. I hope they don't just over look all this and it all turn out to be a dream.

sneakers
02-10-2008, 01:31 AM
Did you see the 1800 number on the TV screen during last wednesdays show? I called it and it was very suprising what was on the other end....I will post the telephone number when I get home (I don't have it with me).

fcspikeit
02-10-2008, 02:02 AM
Did you see the 1800 number on the TV screen during last wednesdays show? I called it and it was very suprising what was on the other end....I will post the telephone number when I get home (I don't have it with me).

Are you kidding me? What was on the other end?

sneakers
02-10-2008, 04:39 AM
Are you kidding me? What was on the other end?

This is what showed on the TV:

The Oceanic Airlines Flight 815 Hotline: 1-888-548-0034

I just called it and it still works.

sneakers
02-10-2008, 04:41 AM
Check out http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/Main_Page

sneakers
02-10-2008, 04:47 AM

I think you are right about the rescue people being the Dharma group....since Ben killed the original Dharma people and the fact that these rescuers are coming back to get Ben (Ben very clearly does not want to be found by these people) makes me think these are Dharma people.

Stargazer
04-23-2008, 04:10 AM
New episode tomorrow night! Cannot wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sneakers
04-23-2008, 04:22 AM
New episode tomorrow night! Cannot wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tomorrow night? Already....time is flying.

Stargazer
04-24-2008, 10:28 PM
Ben is on a rampage!

Stargazer
04-24-2008, 10:28 PM
This thread could use some pics.

http://skipjenkins.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/evangeline-lilly.jpg

sneakers
04-26-2008, 12:47 AM
Why the heck do they always kill off the hot chicks on lost? Ben's daughter is super hot.

Stargazer
05-02-2008, 12:55 AM
Man, tonight's episode was DAMN good. Love the show! Best show on television hands down.

schnooks1
05-02-2008, 05:41 AM
It was very good tonight and looks even better for next week. I can't figure out what the heck Kate did for Sawyer? I do get a little 'dizzy' with the back and forth from the island to real time or dreamland or whatever it turns out to be! This is one GREAT show!!

Mike
05-03-2008, 12:18 PM
It was very good tonight and looks even better for next week. I can't figure out what the heck Kate did for Sawyer? I do get a little 'dizzy' with the back and forth from the island to real time or dreamland or whatever it turns out to be! This is one GREAT show!!

The only thing I could think of was doing something for his daughter.

Stargazer
05-19-2008, 01:10 AM
Just remember people. This week's upcoming episode is a repeat. There's a 2 hour season finale on the 29th.

Stargazer
05-19-2008, 01:13 AM
http://freeok.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/emilie_de_ravin_wallpaper9.jpg

Stargazer
05-19-2008, 01:14 AM
http://www.hollywood-celebrity-pictures.com/Celebrities/Emilie-de-Ravin/Emilie-de-Ravin-9.JPG

Stargazer
05-19-2008, 01:15 AM
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/MMPH/251428~Emilie-De-Ravin-Posters.jpg

sneakers
06-05-2008, 04:35 AM
I was kind of disapointed with the finale this season.....maybe because last years was so awesome (with the flash foreward of kate and jack).

schnooks1
06-05-2008, 05:39 AM
I was kind of disapointed with the finale this season.....maybe because last years was so awesome (with the flash foreward of kate and jack).

Me too! It left more questions for me... like just who and what is BEN?? Why is John dead and why didn't we know his real name? How did he get off the Island? The first show of the season better be amazing!!

DenBronx
06-08-2008, 01:15 PM
nah, i thought the finale this year was great. this show never gets old. i hope it keeps getting wierder and wierder. im dying to know what the black smoke it. i loved how the made the island disapear.

oh, and i want to bone kate.....thats all.

Slick
06-08-2008, 01:20 PM
I downloaded and watched the first season throughout last week. It's a good show, I'm looking forward to seeing Season 2. I haven't read this whole thread for fear of spoilers.

It's really nice to watch a show with no commercials. Before anyone says TIVO...Mexico...yea right.

OrangeHoof
12-06-2008, 04:04 PM
Anyone who wants to get caught up, soon will be the time. I didn't get involved with it until Season 3 but, from what little I knew, I realized I had no chance to understand what was happening unless I watched it from the beginning so I went to one of those used CD stores and got the first two seasons on DVD and watched them in order (you can now also view them online for free at ABC.com in wide-screen format).

I re-watched the Season 4 finale last night and I noticed a couple things I missed the last time which I will want to know whether they are loose ends or if they will still have some relevance.

1) There was another raft of Faraday and anonymous airline survivors who were not swallowed up when the island disappeared. What becomes of them and how do they now wind up back in the real world without anyone knowing they are Oceanic survivors?

2) Walt sees Hurley at the insane asylum. Hurley whispers to Walt that the survivors are lying to protect the other survivors. "Like my Dad?", asks Walt. This tells me either a) nobody has told Walt that Michael is dead or that Michael didn't actually die. But Sun's belief that Jin is dead has become a major plot line so how did Michael survive (Faraday's raft?) but Jin did not?

I'm also thinking they are getting a little inconsistent about this time warp thing. The fertility doctor is sitting on the shore watching smoke from the ship blowing up. Well, if the time warp is consistent, hasn't the ship not blown up yet on the island?

Anyway, it's a fascinating show and the few inconsistencies I've noticed (like why Mr. Eko would be on a flight from Sydney to Los Angeles when he seemingly has no reason to be in either country) don't take a way from what a complexly-woven story it is and how many threads seem to stay alive.

And, yes, the chicks are hot and it's too bad they killed off Boone's sister in the first season. We needed more bikini scenes of her.

turftoad
01-15-2009, 06:39 PM
Bump

OrangeHoof
01-15-2009, 09:28 PM
Season 5 starts on the 21st of January. I've cleared DVR space for the new season. Now, how the heck does Jack convince everyone to come back to the island, especially Sun who blames Jack for Jin's death? And what about the extras in Faraday's boat. Do they have to come back too? Maybe they time warp their way into someplace in time where they are all back on the plane but with Ben blowing up the time warp machine in the season finale, that will be a tough trick too. We may be in for a real "jump the shark" moment.

West
01-19-2009, 12:39 PM
Season 5 starts on the 21st of January. I've cleared DVR space for the new season. Now, how the heck does Jack convince everyone to come back to the island, especially Sun who blames Jack for Jin's death? And what about the extras in Faraday's boat. Do they have to come back too? Maybe they time warp their way into someplace in time where they are all back on the plane but with Ben blowing up the time warp machine in the season finale, that will be a tough trick too. We may be in for a real "jump the shark" moment.

Who knows but i'm itching for it to start on Wednesday. :beer:

OrangeHoof
01-19-2009, 04:33 PM
Me too. I'm just worried that their logic threads are beginning to unravel. And, in a commercial last night, it appears that Desmond is also leaving Penny to return to the island. I don't see why. Desmond wasn't on the plane and was somehow already in the Hatch when all this craziness got started. If *he* has to come back, what of Michael and Jin and Walt? The deceased Locke/Benford has to come back so apparently death is not an excuse to miss this grand reunion in order to save the island.

I presume the reason they all have to return is to do another time warp trick that undoes the history of what happened in Season 4 so does that mean that Boone, Shannon, Eko, Libby and Ana Lucia come back to life not to mention some of the baddies they've killed? It just makes me think they haven't thought this all the way through or hope most people won't notice.

We shall see.

West
01-19-2009, 06:48 PM
I don't know but I do know that it'll take til the end of the season for us to totally figure it out. That's whats so good about Lost!!:beer:

Mike
01-19-2009, 07:26 PM
I don't know but I do know that it'll take til the end of the season for us to totally figure it out. That's whats so good about Lost!!:beer:

You're being optimistic. :lol:

;)

Slick
01-19-2009, 07:28 PM
I think the show has been going downhill since season one, but I'll continue to download it when I can.

Mike
01-19-2009, 07:31 PM
I think the show has been going downhill since season one, but I'll continue to download it when I can.

I thought that they started to right the ship the last season and a half or so...once they had a time line for how long the series would run.

The first season was definitely the best though.

Slick
01-19-2009, 07:33 PM
I thought that they started to right the ship the last season and a half or so...once they had a time line for how long the series would run.

Good point. The foreshadowing was kind of cool, especially Hurley's mess. Poor guy.

West
01-19-2009, 07:33 PM

Yes. It was epic. :beer:

honz
01-19-2009, 08:27 PM
I can't wait for the new season to start. I'm gonna try and get around to watching the last episode or two of season 4 tonight or tomorrow.

Does anyone know if there is going to be a sixth season? I thought I remembered hearing that there was originally going to be 5 seasons, but then the whole writers strike happened and shortened one of the seasons (I think). Anyway, does anyone know for sure how many episodes/seasons are left? Sorry if that has already been answered in this thread, but I didn't read through the whole thing.

sneakers
01-20-2009, 01:06 AM
I can't wait for the new season to start. I'm gonna try and get around to watching the last episode or two of season 4 tonight or tomorrow.

Does anyone know if there is going to be a sixth season? I thought I remembered hearing that there was originally going to be 5 seasons, but then the whole writers strike happened and shortened one of the seasons (I think). Anyway, does anyone know for sure how many episodes/seasons are left? Sorry if that has already been answered in this thread, but I didn't read through the whole thing.

The plan all along was to have 6 seasons....they are still doing that as far as I know.

OrangeHoof
01-22-2009, 06:55 PM
I thought it was seven seasons but I could be wrong.

Anyway, I saw basically two hours of the people on the island walking around in circles and the people off the island driving around LA in circles. But at least I got a few answers. Faraday and his nobodies wash back up on the island and are part of the timewarp flip-flopping. And they gave reasons why some of the survivors who don't want to go back to the island may have a motivation to return.

I also think there is going to be some little history flip that will keep Jin from being on the freighter to die so Sun can be reunited with him.

The creators also tossed in one clue I had yet to consider - that being that when the hatch blew up, it removed whatever timewarp veil kept the island from being seen by the hear-and-now world which is why the island could suddenly be found by boats (for good and bad).

honz
01-23-2009, 01:26 AM
Crazy ******* premiere. The whole time travel thing adds a whole other dimension for the people on the island. I'm also wondering if some of the people that supposedly died before will come back...like Jin, Charlie, the brother and sister tandem (can't remember their names), and even Echo. I also really want to know what the deal is with Claire and the whole Jacob/Jack's Dad thing.

In the little preview they had right before the premiere, the producers said that they will start answering more questions this season. Hopefully they are telling the truth.

West
01-28-2009, 09:54 PM
WOW!!! I don't even know what to make of this episode. :shocked:

Italianmobstr7
01-29-2009, 01:11 PM
Lost sucks.

Dreadnought
01-29-2009, 02:23 PM
Lost sucks.

:tsk:

And you're usually such a bright guy too!

I'm hooked again, hard, after last night. Hints of the reason behind Wigmore's obsession with the island....Wow. Mrs D and I had to pause the show just to absorb that one. Mrs. D thinks the Redhead may turn out to be Faraday's Mom. I dunno, but she's pretty good at that stuff.

fcspikeit
01-29-2009, 03:33 PM

I'm hooked again, hard, after last night. Hints of the reason behind Wigmore's obsession with the island....Wow. Mrs D and I had to pause the show just to absorb that one. Mrs. D thinks the Redhead may turn out to be Faraday's Mom. I dunno, but she's pretty good at that stuff.

The redhead that is Faraday's girlfriend?

You know, all he said was that he loved her, he didn't say why. He clearly knows something about her and after the light bulb went off, he realized he loved her.. I think your right! You watch, if she dies, Faraday's will not exist!

Also, I have the feeling Desmond's kid is Charlie. Remember they had the weird relationship where he was getting the visions Charlie was going to die. What is the name of Desmond's kid? It might play out that he named him after Charlie, beings he watched him die.. Then he will turn out to be the Charlie he watched die, What a trip.. :lol:

I believe Charlie was only a half brother to the drugy in his band wasn't he? Did it ever show his parents? Desmond Also meet Charlie on the street in Charlies flash back..

Another thing, Pennies mom will be of some importance to the show, If her dad was on the island way back when, her mom must also play a part. I will have to think on that a bit more :D

honz
01-29-2009, 04:03 PM
The redhead that is Faraday's girlfriend?

You know, all he said was that he loved her, he didn't say why. He clearly knows something about her and after the light bulb went off, he realized he loved her.. I think your right! You watch, if she dies, Faraday's will not exist!

Also, I have the feeling Desmond's kid is Charlie. Remember they had the weird relationship where he was getting the visions Charlie was going to die. What is the name of Desmond's kid? It might play out that he named him after Charlie, beings he watched him die.. Then he will turn out to be the Charlie he watched die, What a trip.. :lol:

I believe Charlie was only a half brother to the drugy in his band wasn't he? Did it ever show his parents? Desmond Also meet Charlie on the street in Charlies flash back..

Another thing, Pennies mom will be of some importance to the show, If her dad was on the island way back when, her mom must also play a part. I will have to think on that a bit more :D

Good theories. I believe that Des and Penny's kid is in fact named Charlie and my buddy and I were both mulling over the theory that Charlie is in fact somehow Des's kid...obviously time travel would have to play a role somehow for that to work.

I'm not sure about Charlotte (the red head) being Faraday's mom. I guess it is feasible though as there is some sort of connection there. Do you remember the white haired lady that Ben was talking to at the end of one of the episodes last week when she told Ben that he has 72 hours? I'm not sure if I forgot that we have seen her before and already know who she is, but I was wondering if she is Faraday's mother. Weren't all of the Oceanic living in LA...which would make that where Ben was as well...and LA is supposedly where Faraday's mom lived. Sounds good in theory, but that theory would be debunked if we already know who the white haired lady is. Maybe she is Penny's mother and Whidmore's former wife/lover. I dunno! :lol:

I'm also curious who the blond girl is that led Faraday out to the bomb. He said that she reminded him of someone else. Could that be his mom? Is she still alive and will we find out who she is? Is she someones mother or something? Argh...so many questions!

I really want to know what is happening to Charlotte and if she really died at the end of the episode. Faraday clearly knows what is happening to her so I'm sure we will find out sometime in the next couple weeks.

In conclusion, this show confuses the hell out of me, but I love it!

OrangeHoof
01-29-2009, 04:10 PM
I think Desmond named his kid Charlie as a tribute to Charlie Pace, not that the kid will grow up to be Charlie Pace. That wouldn't fit the timeline.

As for Widmore's wife (Penny's mother), it would not shock me at all to find out she was one of the ones gassed by Ben's insurgents when Ben overthrew the Dharma people. That would explain Widmore's fixation with getting rid of Ben - and would also answer why killing off Ben's daughter would lead Ben to threaten to kill Widmore's daughter - that they've had some sort of vendetta going on for decades.

fcspikeit
01-29-2009, 04:54 PM
Good theories. I believe that Des and Penny's kid is in fact named Charlie and my buddy and I were both mulling over the theory that Charlie is in fact somehow Des's kid...obviously time travel would have to play a role somehow for that to work.

I'm not sure about Charlotte (the red head) being Faraday's mom. I guess it is feasible though as there is some sort of connection there. Do you remember the white haired lady that Ben was talking to at the end of one of the episodes last week when she told Ben that he has 72 hours? I'm not sure if I forgot that we have seen her before and already know who she is, but I was wondering if she is Faraday's mother. Weren't all of the Oceanic living in LA...which would make that where Ben was as well...and LA is supposedly where Faraday's mom lived. Sounds good in theory, but that theory would be debunked if we already know who the white haired lady is. Maybe she is Penny's mother and Whidmore's former wife/lover. I dunno! :lol:

I'm also curious who the blond girl is that led Faraday out to the bomb. He said that she reminded him of someone else. Could that be his mom? Is she still alive and will we find out who she is? Is she someones mother or something? Argh...so many questions!

I really want to know what is happening to Charlotte and if she really died at the end of the episode. Faraday clearly knows what is happening to her so I'm sure we will find out sometime in the next couple weeks.

In conclusion, this show confuses the hell out of me, but I love it!

I believe Des Will go back to the island after talking with Faraday's mom. If Charlie (the kid) gets left with Winborn (his grandpa) back in time, He could have taken him off the island where he later met up with his dad Desmon, in the future, back on the Island.

The white hair lady could be Penny! If Penny and Charlie gets left back in time, with winborn, they could have came off the island together..

Desmond met her (white hair lady) in his flashback, she kept telling him he had to leave Penny and go to the island remember? He was going to change the future and not take his boat trip. Penny was disappearing from the photo as to why we took the trip again knowing he would end up on the island. It was as if she wouldn't exist if he didn't go back to the island. That supports the claim the white hair lady could be Penny.

If Desmond didn't go, Winborn might die on the island and Penny would not have existed, plus there would be no Charlie to play the role he was meant to play.. That means somehow Desmond will have to save Winborn (his father in-law) in the past. Thus saving Penny and Charlie..

There has to be something major to make Desmond go back to the island. If he knows he has to save the existence of Penny and Charlie, that would do it. :D

*edit* after reading this, I just thought of something, If the white haired lady is Faraday's mom, and in fact Penny, that would mean Faraday is Pennies kid. Maybe Faraday is also Desmond's kid? Clearly Faraday's knowledge of time travel came from his mother, there was also a reason Winborn told Desmond where Faraday's mother was. As if he knew he needed to go there...

There are a lot of possibilities :D:

honz
01-29-2009, 05:38 PM
I believe Des Will go back to the island after talking with Faraday's mom. If Charlie (the kid) gets left with Winborn (his grandpa) back in time, He could have taken him off the island where he later met up with his dad Desmon, in the future, back on the Island.

The white hair lady could be Penny! If Penny and Charlie gets left back in time, with winborn, they could have came off the island together..

Desmond met her (white hair lady) in his flashback, she kept telling him he had to leave Penny and go to the island remember? He was going to change the future and not take his boat trip. Penny was disappearing from the photo as to why we took the trip again knowing he would end up on the island. It was as if she wouldn't exist if he didn't go back to the island. That supports the claim the white hair lady could be Penny.

If Desmond didn't go, Winborn might die on the island and Penny would not have existed, plus there would be no Charlie to play the role he was meant to play.. That means somehow Desmond will have to save Winborn (his father in-law) in the past. Thus saving Penny and Charlie..

There has to be something major to make Desmond go back to the island. If he knows he has to save the existence of Penny and Charlie, that would do it. :D

*edit* after reading this, I just thought of something, If the white haired lady is Faraday's mom, and in fact Penny, that would mean Faraday is Pennies kid. Maybe Faraday is also Desmond's kid? Clearly Faraday's knowledge of time travel came from his mother, there was also a reason Winborn told Desmond where Faraday's mother was. As if he knew he needed to go there...

There are a lot of possibilities :D:

Good stuff. So many theories, so many possibilities.

I've just been mind-******! :smack:

West
01-29-2009, 05:49 PM
IMO Faraday's parents are Widmore and the girl that was pointing the gun at him. Her name was 'Ellie' and Faraday's mom's name is Eloise. Kinda similar. JMO. Plus the time kinda matches up.

fcspikeit
01-29-2009, 07:13 PM
IMO Faraday's parents are Widmore and the girl that was pointing the gun at him. Her name was 'Ellie' and Faraday's mom's name is Eloise. Kinda similar. JMO. Plus the time kinda matches up.

Ellie could also be Pennys mom? I'm sure she will play a part in all of it...

Where did you get Faraday's mom's name? I don't remember hearing it on the show.. I thought right when he was going to say it to Desmon, the light flashed and he was taken in time?

West
01-29-2009, 07:18 PM
Ellie could also be Pennys mom? I'm sure she will play a part in all of it...

Where did you get Faraday's mom's name? I don't remember hearing it on the show.. I thought right when he was going to say it to Desmon, the light flashed and he was taken in time?

I'm not sure. But I could have sworn Faraday's mom's name is Eloise.

Man, am I the only one that wants to know more about the Richard Alpert character?

Dreadnought
01-29-2009, 08:15 PM
I'm not sure. But I could have sworn Faraday's mom's name is Eloise.

Man, am I the only one that wants to know more about the Richard Alpert character?

Thats kind of the Million $ question of them all, ain't it?

Italianmobstr7
01-29-2009, 08:30 PM

Totally kidding. I've never actually watched an episode so I can't judge. My little sister loves it. Im mostly into comedies though. The office is a show I watch religiously.

fcspikeit
02-05-2009, 01:37 AM
Tonight's show didn't revile much, all it did was ask a couple more questions :tsk:

They need to stay in the stream of the mysteries, before long, you start to forget the questions.

Also they messed up, when they were in the boat and warped through time, why did the boat warp with them? Every other time the jump, everything from that time, stays in that time...

I hate it when shows stray from the rules they set! If their going to do that, you can't use the premise of logic the show has set to figure out the next move.

IMO, it's unfair to the audience, If truly anything is possible and the unexplained just falls under the unexplained, they can do whatever they want.. I feel cheated when they do that... IMO It's insulting the intelligence of the viewer. I don't care how unbelievable the storyline is, I am willing to play along with whatever premise they set but they had better stay within the confines of those rules, or I lose interest.

West
02-05-2009, 02:13 AM
The boat warped through time with them cause they were in it and how would they have warped without it?

I just think this one mind f'ed the absolute poop out of me.

Its gonna be interesting to see how long that flash lasts and how they incorporate Rouseau in it..

Another questions..

Why did Ben go after Kate for Aaron?

How could Ben go after Kate for Aaron if he is not blood?

How are they gonna tie in all the stuff together? IE like its obvious the people on the island's mission is to get off. And its obvious the people off the island is to get back on. The people off the island has John's body.. But John is on the island.. I wanna see how they tie that all together.

Why wasn't Hugo with them in that last scene?

fcspikeit
02-05-2009, 04:34 AM
The boat warped through time with them cause they were in it and how would they have warped without it?

I just think this one mind f'ed the absolute poop out of me.

Its gonna be interesting to see how long that flash lasts and how they incorporate Rouseau in it..

Another questions..

Why did Ben go after Kate for Aaron?

How could Ben go after Kate for Aaron if he is not blood?

How are they gonna tie in all the stuff together? IE like its obvious the people on the island's mission is to get off. And its obvious the people off the island is to get back on. The people off the island has John's body.. But John is on the island.. I wanna see how they tie that all together.

Why wasn't Hugo with them in that last scene?

What exactly is jumping through the time warp, the people or the island? beings the island disappeared, one would have to say the island is doing the jumping, the boat was apart of the island so it should have jumped and left the people swimming in the ocean. If it is in fact the island, then I don't see how their going to tie everything back together at the same time.

Those still on the island are 3 years behind Jack Kate and everyone else who got off the island. That's how Lock can be in both places because there different places in time. Lock who is dead, died after he gets off the island to bring everyone back. Lock who is still alive hasn't got off the island, and it's only been a couple days (hours?) since the 6 left.

At some point, those left on the island has to be around for 3 years to catch up with the 6 who left... That is unless, when they go back, they change the future and never leave the island, in which case, all memories of them leaving and their future selves would seize to exist.

In a way it explains why Ben always seemed to knows more then everyone else. The same as those warping back in time knew more then the others.

Also, If it is in fact Ben who is going after Aaron, he could be doing it to get Kate to agree to go back to the island...

OrangeHoof
02-06-2009, 08:33 PM
I also expected to see the boat vanish from underneath them when the big flash happened and they would find themselves paddling with their arms.

The Jin/Rousseau meeting was interesting. You'd have to accept that the blast did not kill Jin but threw him far enough and quickly enough to be thrown into the time warp zone just like Faraday and the extras in the Zodiac. Not sure I buy that but...ummm okay. Jin's expression meeting Rousseau was worth the whole episode. If there is *anyone* who has to be thinking "WTF" about all this, it must be Jin. He's no doubt dazed from the blast and there's nobody around to explain to him what has been going on.

Note that the boat invaders must have arrived sometime in the future (i.e. 2005 or afterwards) because the survivors found the abandoned camp that had been their's and then found the boat before they were shot at. So the time warp isn't one-directional.

I think Ben was trying to get Kate to return to the island by making her feel she had to run, like Kate always does when someone is pursuing her then Ben, through Jack, would offer her sanctuary but now she realizes they both were using her so it remains to be seen how they plan to convince Kate to return to the island now.

The problem with the show now is that there are so many wild coincidences that the narrative seems totally contrived and illogical. I hope the writers can tie all the threads together in some logical form but I'm beginning to think they can't do it.

One time many years ago, the movies Godfather and Godfather II were re-edited to put the entire narrative in chronoligical order. It would be so cool to see someone do that to the "Lost" series when it is done - everything presented in order of how they happened. It would probably take all summer to watch but we could probably pick up things we missed.

West
02-06-2009, 08:38 PM
I also expected to see the boat vanish from underneath them when the big flash happened and they would find themselves paddling with their arms.

The Jin/Rousseau meeting was interesting. You'd have to accept that the blast did not kill Jin but threw him far enough and quickly enough to be thrown into the time warp zone just like Faraday and the extras in the Zodiac. Not sure I buy that but...ummm okay. Jin's expression meeting Rousseau was worth the whole episode. If there is *anyone* who has to be thinking "WTF" about all this, it must be Jin. He's no doubt dazed from the blast and there's nobody around to explain to him what has been going on.

Note that the boat invaders must have arrived sometime in the future (i.e. 2005 or afterwards) because the survivors found the abandoned camp that had been their's and then found the boat before they were shot at. So the time warp isn't one-directional.

I think Ben was trying to get Kate to return to the island by making her feel she had to run, like Kate always does when someone is pursuing her then Ben, through Jack, would offer her sanctuary but now she realizes they both were using her so it remains to be seen how they plan to convince Kate to return to the island now.

The problem with the show now is that there are so many wild coincidences that the narrative seems totally contrived and illogical. I hope the writers can tie all the threads together in some logical form but I'm beginning to think they can't do it.

One time many years ago, the movies Godfather and Godfather II were re-edited to put the entire narrative in chronoligical order. It would be so cool to see someone do that to the "Lost" series when it is done - everything presented in order of how they happened. It would probably take all summer to watch but we could probably pick up things we missed.

Incredible post. Great theories. :beer:

OrangeHoof
02-07-2009, 05:32 PM
Anyone else think Naveen Andrews (Sayid) is mailing in his performances this season? He may have other projects in the works but his expressions are like he's tired of all this secret agent/assassin/spy crap and would like to get back to some real acting. Either he's been told to adopt a don't-give-a-crap attitude to his on-screen persona or he's just doing it naturally.

honz
02-07-2009, 05:58 PM
The producers are on record saying that they basically tricked people into watching a geeky, sci-fi time travel show over the first 4 seasons. Maybe tricked is too strong of a word, but they said the show has always been a show about time travel and it just took them 4 seasons to get there. I highly doubt they are breaking the show's time travel rules just to make a scene or two work, such as when they stayed in the boat after the last flash. My guess is that everything within a certain area of a person or everything that they are in contact with stays with the person through time.

It has already happened several times. Like when Faraday and others were heading back to shore in a raft when the first flash happened or when Locke kept possession of that compass that Alpert gave him even though Alpert disappeared with the ensuing flash. Now I'm not saying that I understand what is going on most of the time, but I think the producers of the show have had this time travel stuff well planned out for quite a while now...and I think that they have a set of rules that they are following.

OrangeHoof
02-08-2009, 04:29 PM
Well, obviously they are wearing the same clothes with each time warp which, if the clothes had not yet existed in, say, 1954, would leave the cast naked (which would be a ratings boost, no doubt).

Yeah, I figured out this was a sci-fi show somewhere in the first season. I would have actually liked to see the show be more about survival on the island without all the hocus pocus but it probably wouldn't have lasted as long or been as big a hit in the ratings.

OrangeHoof
02-15-2009, 05:44 PM
Okay, I think I've figured out something major about this show.

All the time warp flashes have been occuring since Ben turned the handle on that big fiery wheel. This week, John takes them to the Orchid and then plunges to where the wheel is. Christian tells him the wheel is off-center and John needs to push it back into place which will then send him off the island (Ben wound up in the middle of the desert, if you'll recall).

Most of us have spent a night in a motel where the toilet will suddenly begin running and then stop and then start again, etc. How do you fix it? You jiggle the handle.

John Locke's job in the last episode was to "jiggle the handle" so the flashes would stop. So the island must be inside an enormous toilet bowl which explains how it could mysteriously submerge when Ben "flushed" at the end of the last season.

So nobody gets off the island because its universe is self-contained - that is unless somebody flushes and then they are unceremoniously deposited in the middle of the Sahara.

Not sure what to make of the symbolism of all of that but I'm still watching.

sneakers
02-16-2009, 07:29 AM
They killed off another hot chick (well kinda hot) in last weeks episode...let's see how many have we to date.

Ana Lucia
Nikki
Shannon
Libby
Alex (totally hot)
and now Charlotte

West
02-02-2010, 01:29 AM
Who's ready for the Season Premier tomorrow?

sneakers
02-02-2010, 02:04 AM
Heck Yes!!

Skinny
02-02-2010, 04:41 AM
I'll be checking it out. Looking forward to it.

NightTrainLayne
02-02-2010, 12:56 PM
I missed Lost when it started, and never got into it because I was too far behind. . .

Well, this past Fall, Netflix put all the episodes on their instant streaming option, and so I figured I'd watch the first few episodes to see if it was worth getting caught up before the last season runs. .. .

And I got hooked. Watched all 5 seasons within a two-month span virtually all back to back whenever I could fit them in my schedule. I'm totally stoked to see it "live" for once, although I'm sure that the commercials will suck.

West
02-02-2010, 01:19 PM
I missed Lost when it started, and never got into it because I was too far behind. . .

Well, this past Fall, Netflix put all the episodes on their instant streaming option, and so I figured I'd watch the first few episodes to see if it was worth getting caught up before the last season runs. .. .

And I got hooked. Watched all 5 seasons within a two-month span virtually all back to back whenever I could fit them in my schedule. I'm totally stoked to see it "live" for once, although I'm sure that the commercials will suck.

The commercials are the absolute worst.

OrangeHoof
02-02-2010, 01:39 PM
I missed the first two seasons when they aired but felt it was the type of show where if you didn't watch the series from the beginning in the correct order you'd be, well, lost.

So I rented the first two seasons on DVD a few summers ago then caught up on Season 3 and have watched every episode ever since.

It is getting to the point where logic takes some huge leaps but now I just want to see how they tie all the loose ends together - and if they can do it successfully.

Personally, I'd hope the series would be more about starting a new society and surviving in the wild rather than all this sci-fi stuff. But the show keeps you thinking which is more than I can say for most television fare.

BroncoNut
02-02-2010, 02:22 PM
[QUOTE=NightTrainLayne;896608]I missed Lost when it started, and never got into it because I was too far behind. . .

And I got hooked. Watched all 5 seasons within a two-month span virtually all back to back whenever I could fit them in my schedule. I'm totally stoked to see it "live" for once, although I'm sure that the commercials will suck.[/QUOTE

I did that for the first season or 2. I would go to blockbuster and pick up 3 episodes thinking that would do me, but often, I went back the same night to get another 3. I lost track with the whole time warp thing. I don't know if I'll pick up or not when I find the time again.

Dreadnought
02-02-2010, 02:53 PM

The commercials are the absolute worst.

Mrs. Dreadnought and I are such fanatics we start watching a DVR'ed version 1/2 an hour after it starts so we zap the commercials. We are pretty stoked, and have a bottle of wine to celebrate night 1

Dreadnought
02-02-2010, 02:55 PM
They killed off another hot chick (well kinda hot) in last weeks episode...let's see how many have we to date.

Ana Lucia
Nikki
Shannon
Libby
Alex (totally hot)
and now Charlotte

And yet the always annoying and pointless Kate lives on...:tsk:

NightTrainLayne
02-02-2010, 03:11 PM
Mrs. Dreadnought and I are such fanatics we start watching a DVR'ed version 1/2 an hour after it starts so we zap the commercials. We are pretty stoked, and have a bottle of wine to celebrate night 1

I will probably end up doing that. Catch up after putting my daughter to bed. Usually works out just right for shows coming on at 8:00 our time, which is her bed-time.

And yet the always annoying and pointless Kate lives on...:tsk:

Freckles is hot though, you gotta admit.

Dreadnought
02-02-2010, 03:13 PM
I will probably end up doing that. Catch up after putting my daughter to bed. Usually works out just right for shows coming on at 8:00 our time, which is her bed-time.

Freckles is hot though, you gotta admit.

Juliette was way hotter, as is Clare. Kate brings almost nothing to the table, and is the center of the least interesting episodes.

I am a Locke fan, personally.

NightTrainLayne
02-02-2010, 03:33 PM
Juliette was way hotter, as is Clare. Kate brings almost nothing to the table, and is the center of the least interesting episodes.

I am a Locke fan, personally.

Juliette, hot? No; Claire, yes.

I totally agree that Kate is pointless, but I do like looking at her. ;)

I guess I'm a fan of Jack first and foremost, but becoming more and more a fan of Sawyer. Locke sometimes seems heroic, and at others a total weak-kneed buffoon (and I'm speaking of the actual Locke, not whatever entity inhabited his look-a-like body in the last season).

West
02-02-2010, 04:15 PM
Juliette and Shannon are way hotter than every other girl on the show.

Dreadnought
02-02-2010, 04:26 PM
Juliette, hot? No; Claire, yes.

I totally agree that Kate is pointless, but I do like looking at her. ;)

I guess I'm a fan of Jack first and foremost, but becoming more and more a fan of Sawyer. Locke sometimes seems heroic, and at others a total weak-kneed buffoon (and I'm speaking of the actual Locke, not whatever entity inhabited his look-a-like body in the last season).

Jack?! The dude is wrong, first, last, and always. His unerrant instinct for the wrong decision has led to death and tragedy on a regular basis - a fact he knows all to well and which he tries to drown in booze and pills - but which never tempers his arrogance as new challenges arrive. Nor does it explain the inexplicable tendancy for people to follow him after being consistently wrong.

Nope, not a fan myself :lol:.

Now Desmond is another matter. Great character. Locke, Sawyer, Sayyid, Jin, all have their moments too. I liked Faraday, and always imagine Sneakers as his alter-ego here. Richard Alpert, and even Ben Linus fascinate me

OrangeHoof
02-02-2010, 07:24 PM
I think Kate is tremendous. The show would have never been as good without her. The subplot I couldn't wait to zap was Hurley and Charlie. Was never very fond of "Otherville" either.

honz
02-02-2010, 07:33 PM
Shannon was smoking hot. I'm excited for the season to start tonight...gonna be weird when it's all over though.

sneakers
02-03-2010, 01:02 AM
I am so confused...

OrangeHoof
02-03-2010, 03:35 AM
I am so confused...

Yes, it's confusing. I suspect there are parallel universes going now. The nuke plan actually worked - sort of - and they all landed at LAX as total strangers but they're also still on the island but now they are somewhere between 2007-2010 instead of 1977.

Except there's Desmond on Oceanic 815 when he wasn't originally on it. Then he flits in and out of existence. Also, Boone's on the plane but not Shannon. (Like we wouldn't notice)

Locke is both dead and alive and so is Jacob. And, hey, we have a whole new civilization on the Island looking like they came from the cast of "Hair" that already have this huge temple and their own version of Lourdes. :rolleyes:

This island has gotten so crowded, the property taxes are probably going through the roof.

At least we can see now how Sun and Jin will eventually be reunited now that they're both in the same time zone.

One of my early theories about the show is that everyone on the plane actually died and the island was just their own private corner of Hell. They just *thought* they were still alive when they really weren't (in the traditional sense). Now that thought has come full circle - that everyone still on the island is really dead (and you must admit the island looks fabulous after just having been nuked - bet the folks in Hiroshima and Nagasaki are jealous!) and the real-life passengers on the plane - their fate corrected by the bomb - land safely and go on about their miserable, pathetic lives. So, ultimately, the lives on the island are pointless while the real lives go on in obscurity, unaware of their second soul fighting to survive back on the island.

Then there's Sayid who started out as a bloody pulp in 1977 and then re-emerges with a totally clean shirt and magically comes back to life without seemingly a scratch or a scar.

Of course, I've never understood Richard's anti-aging formula which still defies logic and must make him the envy of every woman over the age of 40.

sneakers
02-03-2010, 06:38 AM
I have long stopped trying to figure things out with the show....it is best just to enjoy it! :D

NightTrainLayne
02-03-2010, 01:31 PM
As always, the show gave us a few answers, and left us with many more questions.

I am very interested in Sayid's reincarnation. Is he himself, or will he have Jacob inside of him? Did Jacob find a "loophole" to defeat the man in black who now inhabits John Locke's second body?

Are the main characters simultaneously in two parallel universes or is there some other time-line operating that hasn't been revealed to us?

What is the Man in Black (Locke) planning to do with Richard?

NightTrainLayne
02-03-2010, 02:12 PM
More thoughts on the time-line.

The way the show melded them together, it's easy to get the feeling that the LAX versions and the versions of the characters on the island are progressing simultaneously.

However, the "Oceanic 6" were on the island for something like 90 days, and then returned to the main-land for something like 3 years before coming back on the Ajira (sp?) flight to the island again.

So, the events unfolding on the island now, are 3-3.5 years behind flight 815 landing at LAX.

Of course, the main question I have is the appearance of the flight attendant from flight 815 at the temple again with the "others" (whoever they are now), and she mentions the "first crash". . .this lends credence to the parallel universe explanation.

Who knows? Lots of questions.

Thnikkaman
02-03-2010, 02:12 PM
http://hijinksensue.com/comics/2010-02-03-a-pentagrams-loins.jpg

OrangeHoof
02-03-2010, 03:32 PM
The cartoon makes a point. I actually had dinner with my niece and her husband and watched the show later on DVR, so I can function pleasantly and watch the show at the same time.

In a sense, the show sets itself up for failure by making itself out to be one giant Rubik's Cube that "we'll explain later". I would have been happy to watch O815 land uneventfully at LAX and have the entire series be about being able to hit the reset button on a terrible tragedy by traveling back in time to prevent it. That would have worked for me.

But we know as the series comes to an end, there will have to be time to throw together all the noticeably loose ends and leave room for syrupy reunion moments. The more questions they throw into the mix, the harder it will be to answer them all satisfactorily.

They've already had to alter their story a few times because of cast problems (Walter had puberty hit, Michael is pissed at the producers and Ana Lucia - who had been penciled in for a bigger role on the show - had DWI and mental health issues. Claire, I'm speculating, got pregnant in real life and chubbed up considerably. That's why she now only appears in shots above the neck or in blurry visions because she's turned into Sally Struthers with an Aussie accent). They've had to reinvent on the fly a few times and I'm just not sure they'll deliver on wrapping up the loose ends as promised.

Gotta prop NTL for two big points - I think he's right that Jacob comes back in Sayid's body and that the dual timelines aren't entirely in sync.

Mike
02-05-2010, 09:54 AM
I just had a chance to watch it last night. I believe that the bomb caused a reality shift and there are two realities. I think the one where the plane doesn't crash is the one that the bomb detonated in, which is why the island submerged under water in the beginning of the episode. I think the bomb didn't go off in the other reality.

Sayid, it was my assumption that the water healed his gunshot wound. I did notice that Sayid's voice sounded different when he was revived.

The water, I assumed, was some fountain of youth/living water.

The no-crash plot is intriguing...at first, I thought it was to show how miserable their lives were (pre-crash) like Evil Locke said to Ben about Locke and to highlight the character growth they have all gone through. What was interesting, at least to me, is the slight differences on the flight. No Shannon/Eko/Ana Lucia...Jack nervous opposed to Rose...Hurley's luck...Desmond. It will be interesting to see where this plot goes.

I think the evil Locke will try to use Richard to gain access to the Temple.

OrangeHoof
02-10-2010, 12:08 AM
Claire returns! Is she the new Rousseau?

I don't think I understand the whole "dark heart" business. I guess Sayid isn't Jacob reincarnate after all. That's too bad because that would have been a cool ending with Sayid vs. Locke in a death match for the Island.

So many parallels and similarities. Did anyone notice that Claire's doctor was Ethan from the others? Where will Kate's running lead us next. Jin sounds odd when he speaks English in complete sentences and not choppy short statements.

I don't feel any closer to a conclusion here.

sneakers
02-10-2010, 01:43 AM
Claire!!!!!!! Where have you been? why are you now evil?

Stupid Ethan gives me the creeps!

NightTrainLayne
02-10-2010, 11:07 AM
I kept wondering when Claire would return, and the "dark heart"/possession theory explains her strange shift in behavior way back when she ran into the reincarnated Christian.

So now, we have to assume that the reincarnated Christian is also possessed with darkness. .. which calls into question a lot of actions taken by Ben Linus and John Locke in previous seasons to "save" the island by following Christian's orders.

I skimmed through the "enhanced" version of LAX #2 that showed right before the new episode on my DVR. It did answer the question of the "other" others at the Temple. It explained that this is the group of Others that Ben Linus sent away to a safe spot when the mercenaries invaded the island. The Temple was the safe-spot. Also, this temple pool is where Ben Linus' life was saved as a boy after Sayid shot him according to the notes there.

Ethan being a Dr. back in the States in the alternate time-line seems just as creepy as he did on the island.

It seems as though there are setting the stage for a lot of action and story-lines going towards the climax at the end of the season.

West
02-10-2010, 05:59 PM
I'm still confused as to who the other others are... Someone wanna explain? They put too much time inbetween seasons and I forget certain things.

I think that Sayid was claimed by Jacob... but then again, I think that everyone who dies on the island is claimed by something; this could explain Christian and Claire but then again, where are Mr. Ecko, Shannon, etc.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

sneakers
02-11-2010, 02:33 AM
I'm still confused as to who the other others are... Someone wanna explain? They put too much time inbetween seasons and I forget certain things.

I think that Sayid was claimed by Jacob... but then again, I think that everyone who dies on the island is claimed by something; this could explain Christian and Claire but then again, where are Mr. Ecko, Shannon, etc.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I think when the groups of people on the island are referring to "the others", they all mean different groups.

Reidman
02-11-2010, 02:00 PM
I've stopped trying to figure stuff out and just stay confused...

They've got a season to answer the ultimate question and 3 episodes in I'm still scratching my head....I really hope this show doesn't end with all of us saying "so what the hell happened?".......

NightTrainLayne
02-11-2010, 03:05 PM
I think that the others are essentially the "leftovers" from all the previous groups of people that have landed on the island. Shipwrecks, plane accidents etc. They've all become the "indigenous" people on the island. . .then the Dharma initiative came along and tried to take over, and eventually were overcome by the "others", and now several of them are "others" as well, along with the stewardess from flight 815, etc.

Thnikkaman
02-11-2010, 03:59 PM
Im on episode 12 of the first season.

NightTrainLayne
02-11-2010, 04:05 PM

You've got a lot of surprises to come. .. .unless you read this thread. :D

West
02-11-2010, 04:08 PM
I think that the others are essentially the "leftovers" from all the previous groups of people that have landed on the island. Shipwrecks, plane accidents etc. They've all become the "indigenous" people on the island. . .then the Dharma initiative came along and tried to take over, and eventually were overcome by the "others", and now several of them are "others" as well, along with the stewardess from flight 815, etc.

Good point. And we finally found out what happened to those kids that were taken from the other crash site.

OrangeHoof
02-11-2010, 04:12 PM

Consider this your summer project then. :laugh:

One groups is the leftovers from Ben's group (the one that was told John Locke was their new leader - the one with anti-aging Richard as their consigliare). And another group are the loosely-aligned castaways from various disasters.

The subtitled repeat episodes do help me understand some things I'd missed and give me a few chuckles. You know the character that translates for Dogen, the Japanese leader? When I first saw him two weeks ago, I said "Look! It's John Lennon!". I then find out that the character's name on the show is actually "Lennon".

Thnikkaman
02-11-2010, 04:13 PM
I have read the spoilers, and it really doesn't bother me.

NightTrainLayne
02-11-2010, 04:18 PM
I have read the spoilers, and it really doesn't bother me.

It actually might help you see some important details that would otherwise get missed.

Somewhere down the road, i'll have to go back and watch them all again with a keener eye for some of those foreshadowing details and story lines.

spikerman
02-15-2010, 12:45 PM
Ethan being Claire's doctor in the states doesn't make sense to me. That story line shows what would have happened if the plane never crashed, but Ethan was one of the "others" so he was already on the island. How could he be in the states?

I love it, but this show continues to confuse the heck out of me.

NightTrainLayne
02-15-2010, 02:40 PM
Ethan being Claire's doctor in the states doesn't make sense to me. That story line shows what would have happened if the plane never crashed, but Ethan was one of the "others" so he was already on the island. How could he be in the states?

I love it, but this show continues to confuse the heck out of me.

The alternate time-line is not what would have happened just if the plane didn't crash. It's what happened after they blew up the nuke in 1977.

Perhaps that killed the Dharma initiative and Ethan wasn't raised on the island. Obviously, something went differently from the point of the blast on. Flight 815 not crashing is only one of the effects of that bomb-blast.

sneakers
02-16-2010, 02:13 AM
Kate is Hot.

So is Alex, the French chick's daughter.

Juliette was getting hotter as the 5th season went on, the previous seasons she always had that stupid look on her face.

OrangeHoof
02-17-2010, 07:06 PM
It's been established that the sub was launched with women and children on it to go back to the States which had Sawyer and Juliet on it before Kate came aboard at the last minute and talked them into turning around. It's likely the sub (with young Ethan on it in 1977), sailed away before the nuke went off (although they might have had a heck of a jolt).

Tuesday's episode was rather predictable. Evil Locke recruits Sawyer who, for a con man, is pretty easy to con. The Ajiras somehow dwindled down to four who buried the original Locke and the non-crash Locke bumps into Hugo after being fired and winds up as a coach at a school. The irony, of course, is that original Locke was so full of faith on the island and so lacking in faith off of it.

The rest of the story gets little advancement. Now that the Ajiras are headed to the Temple, it will be interesting to see if Jin is back in time to reunite with Sun or whether Dark Claire has him captive.

MasterShake
02-17-2010, 08:01 PM
I really lost interest in this show after season 3. When you start doing time travel and alternate universes, it tells me you didn't really think this through...:lol:

I might go back after this season and catch up, but right now I just have no interest in the show. Can't wait for V to start up again, though!

sneakers
04-26-2010, 03:27 AM
Kate has worn the same shirt all season long.

OrangeHoof
04-26-2010, 12:15 PM
The two parallel universes makes it all highly confusing and difficult to follow. I really have just two major questions left - Is Jack or Hurley going to wind up as the new leader of the island and is Jack or Sawyer going to end up with Kate, at least in one of these lives?

When they originally pitched this show, the producers wanted a show that was unpredictable. They planned to kill Jack late in the first season just to show that nothing could be taken for granted. But ABC prevailed upon them that Jack had to stay and some of the plots (Sun and Jin reuniting, all the main cast flying back to the island, etc.) were entirely predictable even while being implausible.

I suppose I'm also trying to figure out how this whole Ben-Widmore rivalry works itself out.

NightTrainLayne
04-26-2010, 08:30 PM
I've enjoyed how they have set up an almost mirror image in the alternate time-line this season. Each episode has a certain relationship between the original time-line and the alternate.

E.G.

1. Locke tries to kill Desmond on the island, and Desmond tries to kill Locke in the alternate time-line.

2. Ben Linus lets his daughter die on the island, but helps her get into college in the alternate.

3. Locke is full of faith on the island, but in the alternate he's jaded, and doesn't trust.

4. Sawyer's a criminal > Sawyer's a cop.

Etc., Etc.

I'm curious as well to see who winds up being the ultimate protector of the island. ..it may be another total surprise.

sneakers
05-04-2010, 11:38 PM
Whoa, tonights episode was pretty intense, huh? Poor Sun and Qui-Gon Jin.....but I never really liked (West) Sayid

NightTrainLayne
05-05-2010, 10:36 AM
Whoa, tonights episode was pretty intense, huh? Poor Sun and Qui-Gon Jin.....but I never really liked (West) Sayid

Well, at least everyone knows where they stand with "Locke".

Now, they've got to figure out how to defeat him. It would appear that there is some connection with the alternate time-line that may be part of the solution. If you noticed, Locke in the alternate timeline was talking in his sleep coming out of surgery telling Shepherd something like, "I wish you would have pushed the button" or something like that (I didn't rewind it on the DVR).

The solution to keeping the smoke monster locked up (pun :D ) on the island, may be found in the alternate time-line/reality.

BigDaddyBronco
05-05-2010, 10:43 AM
How many episodes are left? We have to be getting close to the end. Who winds up as the new Jacob? We are down to...

Jack
Hugo
James

who are candidates, right?

honz
05-05-2010, 10:47 AM
I really lost interest in this show after season 3. When you start doing time travel and alternate universes, it tells me you didn't really think this through...:lol:

I might go back after this season and catch up, but right now I just have no interest in the show. Can't wait for V to start up again, though!

FYI...they had the ending planned out before the first episode aired.

honz
05-05-2010, 10:49 AM
And...

What. The. ****. Just. Happened?

Dreadnought
05-05-2010, 11:32 AM
Well, at least everyone knows where they stand with "Locke".

Now, they've got to figure out how to defeat him. It would appear that there is some connection with the alternate time-line that may be part of the solution. If you noticed, Locke in the alternate timeline was talking in his sleep coming out of surgery telling Shepherd something like, "I wish you would have pushed the button" or something like that (I didn't rewind it on the DVR).

The solution to keeping the smoke monster locked up (pun :D ) on the island, may be found in the alternate time-line/reality.

That ties in with Desmond IMO. I suspect its why he isn't afraid of fake Locke after going through Wigmore's electro-whatsis contraption. I suspect he saw something during that and has the answers. Hence "Locke" wants him dead but can't do it himself

OrangeHoof
05-05-2010, 05:01 PM
So Jin can survive being blown to smithereens on a boat miles away from shore but he can't survive a simple submarine explosion? Sappy.

And where are Bernard and Rose after all this time? Still in 1977?

And how does the morbidly obese Hurley have the energy to not just swim to shore but carry Kate with him at the same time without having a coronary?

They are having a tough time trying to put a plausible ending on this. I know somehow Widmore will team up with Jack to kill or tame Locke/monster and will get Jacob's mantle but I'm at a loss as to how they will make it happen. Seems clear Jack is back to being the leader again.

Broncolingus
05-05-2010, 06:59 PM
Isn't the season finale up to like 4,215,442 hours now or something?

honz
05-05-2010, 07:50 PM
Isn't the season finale up to like 4,215,442 hours now or something?

No, it's at 2.50000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 hours.

Ravage!!!
05-05-2010, 09:02 PM
The writer said that the finally isn't going to 'answer' the questions, but actually leave more questions.... thus hopefully invoking provocative thought.

That sounds like a sure recipe for a major disappointment

sneakers
05-06-2010, 12:53 AM
How many episodes are left? We have to be getting close to the end. Who winds up as the new Jacob? We are down to...

Jack
Hugo
James

who are candidates, right?

I think that is right, but I thought Sawyer was disqualified for some reason or another :whoknows:

sneakers
05-06-2010, 12:55 AM
So Jin can survive being blown to smithereens on a boat miles away from shore but he can't survive a simple submarine explosion? Sappy.

And where are Bernard and Rose after all this time? Still in 1977?

And how does the morbidly obese Hurley have the energy to not just swim to shore but carry Kate with him at the same time without having a coronary?

They are having a tough time trying to put a plausible ending on this. I know somehow Widmore will team up with Jack to kill or tame Locke/monster and will get Jacob's mantle but I'm at a loss as to how they will make it happen. Seems clear Jack is back to being the leader again.

Fat floats!

shank
05-06-2010, 12:56 AM
still never seen it.

honz
05-06-2010, 11:14 PM
still never seen it.

That's why nobody likes you.

Mike
05-10-2010, 10:17 AM
The writer said that the finally isn't going to 'answer' the questions, but actually leave more questions.... thus hopefully invoking provocative thought.

That sounds like a sure recipe for a major disappointment

I won't be too upset if they leave some minor stuff unresolved. But if they leave it with an ambiguous ending (ala Sopranos), I will be disappointed.

I think that is right, but I thought Sawyer was disqualified for some reason or another :whoknows:

Locke crossed his name off the cave wall. I am not sure I buy that or that I buy Kate's name being crossed off. I think they are still in play because they weren't crossed off on Jacob's lighthouse list.

Either way, Jack is the one, so I guess it doesn't really matter too much. Jack and Locke on the island at the end of the series like Jacob and the man in black in the season 4 finale.

sneakers
05-11-2010, 11:47 PM
What the heck was up with lost tonight?

It pretty much sucked, probably because I don't give two shits about Jacob and the other guy. It was pretty boring.

OrangeHoof
05-12-2010, 03:44 AM
Still unsure where Jacob's ancestry lies.

I lost focus when the new mother decreed that the brothers could not hurt the other and not five minutes later, young Jacob is beating the crap out of his brother.

I agree that the whole Jacob part of the show is pointless. As far as I can tell, protecting the island seems no different than protecting the bank where your money is stored.

NightTrainLayne
05-12-2010, 10:24 AM
I missed close to 10 minutes early on due to the stupid weatherman breaking in about a tornado warning.

:sopissed:

honz
05-12-2010, 07:59 PM
Y'all are trippin'. Last night's episode was awesome.

NightTrainLayne
05-23-2010, 11:44 PM
I must say I really enjoyed the finale. Probably as good as you could ask for.

pnbronco
05-24-2010, 12:14 AM
I really liked it. I had watched off and on for a while now, but was so glad I took the time to watch it tonight.

Mike
05-24-2010, 08:35 AM
I was satisfied with it. But then again, I am content to let creators tell their story. I know a lot of people won't be happy because of the "cop-out" feel to it.

The main thing that bothered me was the very last shots. I thought that I got it, the alt timeline being a purgatoryish place that they created to all move on to heaven together when they were ready. So the island was all real and Sawyer and Kate really survived and flew off into the sunset with Frank and Richard. Hurly and Ben guard the island, Rose and Bernard live their lives in peace on the island, and Jack dies. Everyone dies eventually and the alt-timeline is the place with no time, where they are waiting for each other to be ready to move on together.

But then they throw the last two shots of the plane crashed on the beach, which made me think that nobody survived the initial crash and the island itself was the place where they worked their issues out before getting into heaven.

spikerman
05-27-2010, 05:59 PM
I was satisfied with it. But then again, I am content to let creators tell their story. I know a lot of people won't be happy because of the "cop-out" feel to it.

The main thing that bothered me was the very last shots. I thought that I got it, the alt timeline being a purgatoryish place that they created to all move on to heaven together when they were ready. So the island was all real and Sawyer and Kate really survived and flew off into the sunset with Frank and Richard. Hurly and Ben guard the island, Rose and Bernard live their lives in peace on the island, and Jack dies. Everyone dies eventually and the alt-timeline is the place with no time, where they are waiting for each other to be ready to move on together.

But then they throw the last two shots of the plane crashed on the beach, which made me think that nobody survived the initial crash and the island itself was the place where they worked their issues out before getting into heaven.

Mike, put your mind at ease. I agree with your interpretation of what happened, but even more importantly those last shots of the crashed plane had nothing to do with the story. Here is a blurb from the story at the link below:

"Well, ABC wants to clear the air: Those photographs were not part of the "Lost" story at all. The network added them to soften the transition from the moving ending of the series to the 11 p.m. news and never considered that it would confuse viewers about the actual ending of the show.

"The images shown during the end credits of the 'Lost' finale, which included shots of Oceanic 815 on a deserted beach, were not part of the final story but were a visual aid to allow the viewer to decompress before heading into the news," an ABC spokesperson wrote in an e-mail Tuesday."

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2010/05/lost-exclusive-abc-sets-the-record-straight-about-the-series-finales-plane-crash-images.html

NightTrainLayne
05-27-2010, 09:05 PM
Mike, put your mind at ease. I agree with your interpretation of what happened, but even more importantly those last shots of the crashed plane had nothing to do with the story. Here is a blurb from the story at the link below:

"Well, ABC wants to clear the air: Those photographs were not part of the "Lost" story at all. The network added them to soften the transition from the moving ending of the series to the 11 p.m. news and never considered that it would confuse viewers about the actual ending of the show.

"The images shown during the end credits of the 'Lost' finale, which included shots of Oceanic 815 on a deserted beach, were not part of the final story but were a visual aid to allow the viewer to decompress before heading into the news," an ABC spokesperson wrote in an e-mail Tuesday."

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2010/05/lost-exclusive-abc-sets-the-record-straight-about-the-series-finales-plane-crash-images.html

That's the way I took it at the time. Not so much as a transition to the news, but as just a moment to let it all settle in.

broncophan
05-29-2010, 10:40 AM

Yep.....I know I really needed them to allow me to "decompress" before "heading to the news".......:rolleyes: