View Full Version : Dear Cris Collinsworth

gnomeflinger
11-29-2009, 11:30 PM
Please stop talking.

TIA

The world

Shazam!
11-30-2009, 07:58 AM
As an announcer? There have been far worse.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
11-30-2009, 08:03 AM
I very much dislike the way he commentates as well, don't understand how he's taking john madden's place.

Dreadnought
11-30-2009, 09:21 AM
While I will agree Collinsworth is not good, I will put up with him as a tradeoff if that means I never again have to hear Kornholio in a broadcast booth.

gnomeflinger
11-30-2009, 10:44 AM
While I will agree Collinsworth is not good, I will put up with him as a tradeoff if that means I never again have to hear Kornholio in a broadcast booth.

I was really irritated with his dumb ass comments last night. But I do agree, he is a hundred times better than Kornholio.

KCL
11-30-2009, 10:54 AM
He's a hell of alot better to listen to than Randy Cross...not sure if he has been calling any games this season.

Medford Bronco
11-30-2009, 11:07 AM
He's a hell of alot better to listen to than Randy Cross...not sure if he has been calling any games this season.

how about better than Joe Namath
he used to be funny when he said "plaaayy action passs" :lol:
emphasis on how he sounds, I Know how to spell play:lol:

studbucket
11-30-2009, 12:14 PM
I kinda like Collinsworth....He still has to iron out his commentary style, but he spends so much time preparing and brings some new things to the game each and every week. There are many guys I'd put below him.

My least favorite is Joe Buck/Aikman combo. Buck can take the excitement out of anything and drones on about things that are supposed to be the color commentator's role, not the play-by-play guy. When AIkman does speak, he's like a koala on Prozac and is all un-enthused and mutters 1 liners about the QB changing the WRs routes.

It's hard to believe Fox's #1 team is their worst team, but they could never admit Joe Buck is far from the next great announcer, that'd be too embarrassing for some executives.

Medford Bronco
11-30-2009, 12:26 PM
I kinda like Collinsworth....He still has to iron out his commentary style, but he spends so much time preparing and brings some new things to the game each and every week. There are many guys I'd put below him.

My least favorite is Joe Buck/Aikman combo. Buck can take the excitement out of anything and drones on about things that are supposed to be the color commentator's role, not the play-by-play guy. When AIkman does speak, he's like a koala on Prozac and is all un-enthused and mutters 1 liners about the QB changing the WRs routes.

It's hard to believe Fox's #1 team is their worst team, but they could never admit Joe Buck is far from the next great announcer, that'd be too embarrassing for some executives.

JOe Buck cant hold his dads jock as an announcer. RIP Jack Buck:salute:

Gamechanger
11-30-2009, 02:35 PM
I can't stand Dan Dierdorf

KCL
11-30-2009, 02:35 PM
how about better than Joe Namath
he used to be funny when he said "plaaayy action passs" :lol:
emphasis on how he sounds, I Know how to spell play:lol:

Gc65NC44dSk

Ravage!!!
11-30-2009, 04:22 PM
I personally like Collingsworth. I think he's very knowledgable, and does a good job at what he does. I don't have a single problem with him. Randy Cross is the one that I absolutely can't stand.

girler
11-30-2009, 07:32 PM
I can't stand Greg Gumble and Dan Fouts. They drive me nuts!

Apparently I was the only one who enjoyed Dennis Miller though. He had me cracking up all night long on MNF. :laugh:

Gamechanger
11-30-2009, 09:00 PM

Apparently I was the only one who enjoyed Dennis Miller though. He had me cracking up all night long on MNF. :laugh:

I'm probably the only one who can tolerate Greg Gumbel

I rarely get Fouts broadcasting games over here

honestly, I can't stand Kenny Albert either, something about his voice irritates me

Devilspawn
11-30-2009, 09:51 PM
Best announcer: Charlie Jones

Best tandem: Dick Enberg & Merlin Olsen

Summerall and Madden were a nice "alternative" even though and primarily because I hated CBS's coverage. Heck I even liked Brian Gumble on the pregames in the early 80s.

I don't mind Collinsworth at all, meaning that I like the guy. Tony Cornhole was awful.

Overtime
11-30-2009, 11:44 PM
Collinsworth sucks gonorrhea infected cow nipples.

The NFL should ban the following as announcers

Collinsworthless - You failed as a WR, you fail as a commentator, please cease and desist immediately.

Bob Pappa - Seriously dude? can you be any more monotone and unenthusiastic? who did you give a reach around to, to become an announcer?

Matt Millen- you ****** up the Detroit Lions for almost a decade, please explain how in the **** it is you think you're qualified to commentate on players, plays, and football strategy? Solution: Drink a bottle of Jack Daniels and do a belly flop off the Sears Tower...no one will miss you.

and last but not least....the most worthless voice in all of sports.....

Mr. Bob Costa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if your eyes get any more sunk into your brainless skull, you might start to resemble Michael Jackson. Not to mention your commentating on Football Night in America is absolutely atrocious. You're not funny, you're not intelligent, and you don't have an ounce of credibility. Go find some radio station in NY to give you a local gig and shut the **** up because I'm tired of hearing your worthless ass.

Chris Berman & Tom Jackson > Collinsworthless, Costa, Papa, Millen combined.

Devilspawn
11-30-2009, 11:54 PM
Why would Collinsworth suck on the nipples of a cow when the udders provide more oral pleasure?

KCL
12-01-2009, 12:05 AM
Collinsworth sucks gonorrhea infected cow nipples.

The NFL should ban the following as announcers

Collinsworthless - You failed as a WR, you fail as a commentator, please cease and desist immediately.

Bob Pappa - Seriously dude? can you be any more monotone and unenthusiastic? who did you give a reach around to, to become an announcer?

Matt Millen- you ****** up the Detroit Lions for almost a decade, please explain how in the **** it is you think you're qualified to commentate on players, plays, and football strategy? Solution: Drink a bottle of Jack Daniels and do a belly flop off the Sears Tower...no one will miss you.

and last but not least....the most worthless voice in all of sports.....

Mr. Bob Costa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if your eyes get any more sunk into your brainless skull, you might start to resemble Michael Jackson. Not to mention your commentating on Football Night in America is absolutely atrocious. You're not funny, you're not intelligent, and you don't have an ounce of credibility. Go find some radio station in NY to give you a local gig and shut the **** up because I'm tired of hearing your worthless ass.

Chris Berman & Tom Jackson > Collinsworthless, Costa, Papa, Millen combined.

I didn't read all of your rant but I did see the name Bob Costas...yuck..how the hell he weezled his way to cover any sports including the olympics is beyond me.

dogfish
12-01-2009, 01:00 AM

amen, brotha dread! cornhole was beyond awful. . . he was easily, far and away the worst of all time, and it wasn't even remotely close. . . he was the definition of epic fail-- he made new coke seem like a raging, unmitigated triumph in comparison. . . he made the '08 detroit lions look good. . .

no one else can or ever will even come close to comparing to his complete and utter failure-- not even a gigantic doucheknuckle like bryant gumble. . .

i wish somebody would give dick vermeil another chance-- he may be an embarrassing crybaby, but he brought some sharp insights to the booth, unlike the vast majority of commentators. . . .

KCL
12-01-2009, 01:09 AM
Vermeil...he could shed a tear at the drop of a hat...I liked him and I know alot of people made fun of him...I remember when he coached the Chiefs and he was giving his press conference after a game...he got choked up..started crying and when my son was younger and he said..oh god...not again...:laugh:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/223/482778086_9cb28e1d37.jpg?v=0

Overtime
12-01-2009, 01:15 AM
I forgot about Gumbel...dear god.

Cornholer was pretty bad too, thankfully ESPN offed him from that gig....mercifully. now if we could just get ride of Tericho MNF might be colorful again.

Poet
12-01-2009, 02:04 PM
Overtime, CC was a pretty good WR in his day in Cincinnati.

He's mediocre as an announcer because of his monotonous voice, but as far as the quality of what he says he's pretty damn good.

I can make a long long list of people who do announcing or game coverage who aren't as good as he is. And no, I don't think he's the end all be all of announcers, but at the same point in time he's one of the most impartial guys around.

I think Troy Aikman is pretty good, but he could sound a little more excited.

Ravage!!!
12-03-2009, 11:18 AM
These guys.....Collingsworth and Aikman and the like... are not the color commentators. They aren't meant to be the color guy. They are the ones that are meant to provide the knowledge of the game, to the booth. Both do an excellent job. Aikman, Simms, Collingsworth, Jaws-n-Gruden... are all in the same boat (jaw just gets excited talking ANYTHING football, he's an exception).

I actually think Matt Millen does a pretty good job in the booth. I listened to the entire game and thought he was Mike Golic (they sound IDENTICAL)... and felt he did very well.

Bob Costas... is a Hall of Fame broadcaster. Known as one of the best in the business for what he does.

dogfish brought up a name... Vermeil. He was a pretty good commentator as well. MUCH MUCH MUCH better than Dungy (but, this is Dungy's first year...so we'll give him a year to learn the ropes). But Dungy is much better than Schottenheimer was his first year..or any year. I really like Marty, but as a commentator he was awful.

Bill Walsh was really really bad. I just mentioned him because someone (OT of course) put down Millen's failure as a GM as if it had anything to do with his qualifications to broadcast.

topscribe
12-03-2009, 11:43 AM
Why would Collinsworth suck on the nipples of a cow when the udders provide more oral pleasure?

Sucking on cow's teats would give you pleasure? :shocked:

-----

WTE
12-03-2009, 03:07 PM

If Randy Cross is broadcasting your team's game then you know you have a crappy matchup.

Bronco Bible
12-04-2009, 12:40 PM

Rich Gannon is nerve racking. I like Dennis Miller on O'Reilly & his radio show but he was terrible on MNF.....

Bronco Bible
12-04-2009, 12:42 PM
Best announcer: Charlie Jones

Best tandem: Dick Enberg & Merlin Olsen

Summerall and Madden were a nice "alternative" even though and primarily because I hated CBS's coverage. Heck I even liked Brian Gumble on the pregames in the early 80s.

I don't mind Collinsworth at all, meaning that I like the guy. Tony Cornhole was awful.

But Enberg is bad now.

Overtime
12-04-2009, 08:19 PM
Both do an excellent job. Aikman, Simms, Collingsworth, Jaws-n-Gruden... are all in the same boat (jaw just gets excited talking ANYTHING football, he's an exception).

I actually think Matt Millen does a pretty good job in the booth. I listened to the entire game and thought he was Mike Golic (they sound IDENTICAL)... and felt he did very well.

Bob Costas... is a Hall of Fame broadcaster. Known as one of the best in the business for what he does.

if you think those idiots are good, I'd hate to see your taste in women. :shocked:

HORSEPOWER 56
12-04-2009, 10:00 PM
I really like Tim Ryan. I just don't get many of the games he does. Normally, he does NFC stuff, but he had the Titans/Cards game last week. For an ex-D lineman he's extremely knowledgeable. I really enjoy him and Pat Kirwan on Moving the Chains on Sirius. Best football show on the radio.

Ravage!!!
12-04-2009, 11:10 PM
if you think those idiots are good, I'd hate to see your taste in women. :shocked:

its a REAL shocker to see you don't like someone, OT... a REAL shocker. :lol:

Poet
12-05-2009, 03:17 AM
Overtime is the type of guy to make fun of someone for being fat, and then mock them for 'selling out' if they lost weight.

Bronco4ever
12-05-2009, 04:55 AM
Gus Johnson FTW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OneiEg7rm20