PDA

View Full Version : Phillips apologizes to Mcdaniels

soonerjh
11-29-2009, 11:13 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/7223/phillips-apologizes-to-mcdaniels

topscribe
11-29-2009, 11:21 PM
I don't know whether Phillips is being truthful about what he actually said.

But I did pick up that the apology doesn't seem very sincere . . .

-----

Denver Native (Carol)
11-29-2009, 11:28 PM
Here is article:

"SAN DIEGO --- After the Chargers’ 43-14 win over Kansas City, linebacker Shaun Phillips clarified his role, to ESPN.com, in the verbal spat with Josh McDaniels. He apologized to the Denver coach for his words, which he said were misinterpreted.

Phillips said he wasn’t trying to threaten McDaniels.

“I said 'We’re going to beat that (rear end),’ ” Phillips said. “I meant it by our team, not me. I meant we’re going to win. In no way was I threatening or challenging him personally. I’m sorry if he felt that way. I respect him. It’s up to him to accept my apology.”

Phillips said he has moved on from the situation.

“It’s so last week,” Phillips said."

What a piece of crap he is. Nothing from him until it came out that the Broncos had requested the NFL to investigate this, and he comes out with this worthless junk :tsk: and ends it with "It's so last week"!!!!!!!!

camdisco24
11-29-2009, 11:31 PM
Well we all knew Phillips was garbage....
He's a big part of why I hate Sandy Eggo.

girler
11-30-2009, 12:08 AM
What a piece of crap he is. Nothing from him until it came out that the Broncos had requested the NFL to investigate this, and he comes out with this worthless junk :tsk: and ends it with "It's so last week"!!!!!!!!

And Tom Cable's beating his assistant coach and ex-wives are so last summer. :rolleyes:

KCL
11-30-2009, 12:11 AM
Hey the guy said he was sorry...now if him and the rest of the team would apologize for the way they murdered KC...I would be happy...:lol:

GEM
11-30-2009, 12:14 AM
Maybe, just maybe, the guy needs to let his play do the talking. Just shut the hell up and play ball. There's no reason in the world to say that shit to the coach. Talk to the guys on the field who have the ability to deal with his mouth.

We shouldn't find this surprising though...he got caught with his hand in the cookie jar and if the fear of having the league step in weren't there, we wouldn't have seen anything like an apology from the guy.

NOW.....McDaniels got to see what we, as Broncos fans, have had to deal with the last 3 years, use that McD, slam that mothertrucking window on the Sparklers and since our rivalry is the biggest thing in a San Diego player and fan mind, shut em down. Take back our division. And let them sit another 50 years without a Super Bowl.

Superchop 7
11-30-2009, 12:50 AM
At the end of the day......

I simply have no use for crap like this.

I turned off basketball because the players acted like jerks.

Disrespecting coaches......and "more" importantly.....the game.

Brand
11-30-2009, 12:58 AM
Well, they could play one more game this year......

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
11-30-2009, 01:18 AM
Hey the guy said he was sorry...now if him and the rest of the team would apologize for the way they murdered KC...I would be happy...:lol:

Running up the score like a bunch of high school **** ups.

GEM
11-30-2009, 01:21 AM
Running up the score like a bunch of high school **** ups.

They just wish they could run up the score in a game that REALLY mattered. :laugh:

Shazam!
11-30-2009, 07:52 AM
All I know is that now it ic clear this wasn't all McDaniels' fault, as it was nearly assumed to be.

Dreadnought
11-30-2009, 09:16 AM
All I know is that now it ic clear this wasn't all McDaniels' fault, as it was nearly assumed to be.

I still would prefer our coach not get into it with opposing players, esp. punks like Phillips.

And while Shawn Phillips = douche, he is still only the second biggest douche on the SD linebacking corps

TXBRONC
11-30-2009, 09:27 AM
I still would prefer our coach not get into it with opposing players, esp. punks like Phillips.

And while Shawn Phillips = douche, he is still only the second biggest douche on the SD linebacking corps

I would hate live off the difference of doucheness vs. Merriman's doucheness. :D

pnbronco
11-30-2009, 10:45 AM

Did Merriman get fined for going after Kyle's ankle in the game?

Medford Bronco
11-30-2009, 11:01 AM
I would hate live off the difference of doucheness vs. Merriman's doucheness. :D

the steroids make the douchness higher:lol:

Dreadnought
11-30-2009, 11:11 AM
the steroids make the douchness higher:lol:

Great point. The 'roids increased his level of douche-osity past what normal humans can attain, all through artificial means.

Cugel
11-30-2009, 11:19 AM
Actually this guy is a model citizen compared with lots of NFL players who drunk drive, beat their wives and girlfriends, father 9 children by different women and then don't pay child support, and deliberately run over meter maids with their car (a la Randy Moss), get arrested on weapons charges, tried for homicide and conspiracy and statutory rape and cocaine trafficing.

Sad, but true. Being a complete ass-hole to McDaniels is not even the worst thing an NFL player did this week. :coffee:

Meanwhile McDaniels probably doesn't care at all what this idiot said.

gobroncsnv
11-30-2009, 11:38 PM
Guess only football players do that stuff...

Sorry, while there are bad apples in every walk of life, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that most players are probably pretty decent guys.

Northman
11-30-2009, 11:47 PM
Actually this guy is a model citizen compared with lots of NFL players who drunk drive, beat their wives and girlfriends, father 9 children by different women and then don't pay child support, and deliberately run over meter maids with their car (a la Randy Moss), get arrested on weapons charges, tried for homicide and conspiracy and statutory rape and cocaine trafficing.

Yea, i know what you mean.

http://www.bolthype.com/2009/04/shuan-phillips-charged-with-misdemeanor.html

Both the San Diego Union-Tribune and the KGTV 10News are reporting that Linebacker Shaun Phillips is being charged with misdemeanor battery after a confrontation turned violent Sunday night at the Ivy Hotel. Other Chargers players were reportedly involved.

The selection of Larry English all of the sudden seems like a prophetic choice, especially considering the Chargers' low tolerance for off-the-field issues.

Details on the case are still trickling out, and it should be noted that Phillips is claiming innocence. One report claims Phillips has been charged, another report says Phillips was not arrested.

SHAUN PHILLIPS CITED FOR BATTERY
Posted by Mike Florio on April 27, 2009, 4:57 p.m.
Just as the “Days Without An Arrest” meter was preparing to make a rare trip into the twenties, Chargers linebacker Shaun Phillips has reset the thing to double zero.

According to the San Diego Union-Tribune, Phillips was ”cited” on Saturday for allegedly busting in the face a security guard at a rooftop bar.

Phillips has been charged with misdemeanor battery.

It’s the second allegation of battery against Phillips this month. A security guard at another club claims that Phillips choked and punched him on April 11.

Phillips has professed his innocence, calling both incidents “misunderstandings.”

“There is video of the whole thing, and it won’t show me anywhere in the vicinity,” Phillips said.

He also seems to think it’s significant that he didn’t do a perp walk. “You don’t see me in handcuffs, don’t see me in the back of a police car,” Phillips said.

Yeah, but he has been cited for misdemeanor battery. And that’s enough of an incident to re-set the meter.

Timmy!
12-01-2009, 12:23 AM
I blame Orton.

:heh:

rcsodak
12-01-2009, 12:55 AM
Did Merriman get fined for going after Kyle's ankle in the game?

It would have happened last week, and I sure didn't hear of it.

rcsodak
12-01-2009, 01:01 AM

Sad, but true. Being a complete ass-hole to McDaniels is not even the worst thing an NFL player did this week. :coffee:

Meanwhile McDaniels probably doesn't care at all what this idiot said.

You WOULD stand up for the douchness-on-high..... :tsk:

Wed, 08/12/2009 - 11:11am.

According to the San Diego Union-Tribune, "Chargers linebacker Shaun Phillips will not face charges stemming from an incident at a downtown rooftop bar in April.

The San Diego City Attorney's Office said Tuesday it has declined prosecution.

"There was not enough evidence to support a good faith belief that we would have been able to convict beyond a reasonable doubt," said Gina Coburn, spokeswoman for the city attorney.

The best justice money can buy? :coffee:

Seems to me, that's why the courts have jurors. And it's up to THEM to decide the fate.

scott.475
12-01-2009, 11:31 PM
"I’m sorry if he felt that way... It’s up to him to accept my apology.”

Translation: "McDaniels is stupid and I am not really apologizing at all. In fact, he should be apologizing to me for not understanding what I said. But again, I am not apologizing at all, it is up to him apologize first by accepting my non-apology"

Any, any, anytime someone apologizes by saying "I'm sorry you felt that way", it is not an apology at all since no one can apologize for someone else's feelings. A real apology would have sounded like "I did not mean it the way it came out" or "I should not have said that", etc. This is a politician's apology, not a real one.

Geez, I cannot wait until we figure out the key to beating these guys routinely and can shut them up good. I never hated the Chargers until just a few years ago, now I just hate, hate them.