PDA

View Full Version : Guidelines

Retired_Member_001
09-05-2007, 04:27 PM
Hello everyone.

This is an idea I have wanted to happen for a long time at Broncomania and now it can finally come true here.

CONTENTS

1. What is this?
2. Articles Team
3. Posting Articles
4. Responding to Articles
5. Rules
6. Members of the team1. Basically this is a place where members can post their own full length articles, just as you would see in Rocky Mountain News or Denverpost ect. THIS IS NOT a place to post current articles written by Rocky Mountain News ect.

2.Now there is going to be a official team of writers who will regularly post their own articles. You will see who is part of this official team at the bottom of this post.

To be part of the official team of writers means you have to pass some tests. These are very simple, you are to submit a couple of practice articles to me or any existing member of the articles team. From there all members of the team will decide if you are accepted to the team or not. Another thing, to be part of the team you HAVE to be regular. An article every 10 days is needed to be on the team, feel free to post as many more as you want though. I do understand that people may miss the odd article every 10 days and that is fine but if you continuously do not post atleast one article a week then you will be off the team.

ONLY members of the team are allowed to post threads in this sub-forum but if you wish you can submit us the odd article and one of us will post it and give you credit at the top of the post and also in the title.

3. When posting just treat this as a usual sub-forum. Each article will be a new thread. Just create your thread like you would do in Broncos Talk or whatever. ANYONE can reply to an article. All articles will be edited and the editor will just go over any typos.

4. Response to each article will be within the thread where the article was created. Responses are expected to be intelligent, mature, and sincere. No spamming, flaming, trolling, or hijacking will be tolerated.

5. There are a few rules to be followed.

a. This is STRICTLY Football articles, nothing else.
b. You can't copy major parts from other existing articles from say Rocky Mountain News.
c. No bad language.
d. If there are already more than two articles that are exactly the same as one you want to post then please don't bother becuase it willl just be deleted.
e. As said before you are required to post atleast one article every 10 days, if you miss one it is ok. Another thing, I have made an exception for three members. Those members will not be required to do this.
g. All members of the team are to have Official BF Writer in their title or sig, if anyone else not on the team puts this in their title or sig they will be reported.

6.The current members are:

TheWookieeBronco
MissouriBronc
G Money
Broncos_mtnman
CoachChaz
Ziggy
BroncoAV06
Dr Velcro
Dogfish (Part-Time)
Medford Bronco (Part Time)
Topscribe (Editor)
Jrwiz (Editor)

Feel free to tryout for the team.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Thank you.

RunYouOver
09-05-2007, 05:56 PM
That's a great idea.

I'm kind of a writer, and I'd love to help out, but I don't have nearly enough time....

If, in a few months, I see that I have the time to do it, I'll let you know.

BigBroncLove
09-05-2007, 05:59 PM
I threw you a pm wookie about writing :D

Jaws
09-09-2007, 06:14 PM
Great forum idea.

Looking forward to reading your stuff.

Chica_Ang
09-11-2007, 12:46 AM
I am enjoying what I've read so far...what a great idea. You've inspired me! Thanks to you brave souls for taking on this monumental task.

Retired_Member_001
09-11-2007, 09:12 AM
I am enjoying what I've read so far...what a great idea. You've inspired me! Thanks to you brave souls for taking on this monumental task.

It's been a pleasure so far.

Thank Tned and the administration staff for getting this up AND thank the other writers and the editors for signing up to the team so this could go ahead. It wouldn't work if it it was me on my own.

Thank YOU for you kind words.

:salute:

Retired_Member_001
11-06-2007, 08:30 AM
Just a reminder to anyone who wants to be a writer, to let anyone of us know.

Requirements of articles out has been moved to an article every 10 days.

Retired_Member_001
11-19-2007, 12:23 PM
Medford Bronco is now on the articles team.

Medford Bronco
11-19-2007, 01:23 PM
Medford Bronco is now on the articles team.

Thanks for inviting me.

I am flattered that you guys like my writing :salute:

I hope to not disappoint you.

and I am far from a homer as well

I will be straight and honest with my opinons..

topscribe
11-19-2007, 01:32 PM
Thanks for inviting me.

I am flattered that you guys like my writing :salute:

I hope to not disappoint you.

and I am far from a homer as well

I will be straight and honest with my opinons..

Hey, with that sig, you could blow as a writer, and I will still enjoy your articles. :laugh:

-----

Retired_Member_001
12-28-2007, 04:54 PM
MissouriBronc is now a full-time writer!

topscribe
12-28-2007, 05:00 PM
MissouriBronc is now a full-time writer!

Cool! :2thumbs:

-----

Retired_Member_001
12-29-2007, 06:26 PM
Please welcome our newest writer, G Money!

yardog
12-29-2007, 06:30 PM
Great choices Wookiee.

topscribe
12-29-2007, 06:32 PM
Please welcome our newest writer, G Money!

Another cool one! :2thumbs:

-----

Tned
12-29-2007, 06:37 PM
Glad to see G-Money and Missourri joining the team. Looking forward to reading your articles.

Retired_Member_001
01-14-2008, 12:13 PM
There is a new position on the articles team called Draft Analyst.

If you are a draft analyst you are required to be a regular contributor during the few months before and after the draft. If you are a full time writer then this doesn't concern you. But if you are, or if you are planning to be a part-time writer only for the NFL Draft, then this position is for you.

Of course all full time writers can write about the NFL Draft as well.

If you wish to be a draft analyst please let me know.

Thanks.

Retired_Member_001
01-15-2008, 04:22 PM
CoachChaz and Dream are now Draft analysts.

We look forward to hearing their views on the upcoming NFL Draft.

Ricky
01-15-2008, 04:25 PM
G and Coach writing? That is great. Both have almost an insider type feel to their posts about football.

Tned
01-15-2008, 10:02 PM
G and Coach writing? That is great. Both have almost an insider type feel to their posts about football.

Great, looking forward to reading some of their stuff.

Tned
02-03-2008, 09:54 PM
I created a Google Blogger page to put copies of the BroncosForums' Articles on. It is located here: http://www.broncosforums.com/blog/

This is being done because it will help get BroncosForums.com and its writers exposure and boost the overal rank of Broncosforums.com in google, as google favors sites that use their blog software, blogger.com

What I will do is post articles that are published here on Blogger.com (they will appear at the link above), with the title and who it was written by. At the end of the article will be a "Discuss Article here" link that links back to the post you have made in this article's forum.

Since google likes to see new content, what I will do is add in some of the older articles over the next week or so, and then add in the newer ones. Once we are caught up over the next week or so, then I will add the new articles to blogger as you write them.

Retired_Member_001
02-03-2008, 10:09 PM
I created a Google Blogger page to put copies of the BroncosForums' Articles on. It is located here: http://www.broncosforums.com/blog/

This is being done because it will help get BroncosForums.com and its writers exposure and boost the overal rank of Broncosforums.com in google, as google favors sites that use their blog software, blogger.com

What I will do is post articles that are published here on Blogger.com (they will appear at the link above), with the title and who it was written by. At the end of the article will be a "Discuss Article here" link that links back to the post you have made in this article's forum.

Since google likes to see new content, what I will do is add in some of the older articles over the next week or so, and then add in the newer ones. Once we are caught up over the next week or so, then I will add the new articles to blogger as you write them.

I get what your saying Tned, kind of.

Thanks for doing this!

Retired_Member_001
02-22-2008, 06:59 PM
Two things I would like to make clear.

1. Please do not send me requests to be on the article team unless you are serious. If you are serious you should send me a practice article first through PM. Once you have sent the article and it has been approved then send me a request and it will be accepted.

2. The off-season plan is in effect now. This means that requirments for articles drop to an article a month untill the regular season. If you are a draft analyst you are expeted to post an article every two weeks starting from 1st March.

Thank you.

MOtorboat
02-26-2008, 12:14 AM
:confused:

My bad folks.

Tned
02-26-2008, 12:26 AM
:confused:

My bad folks.

Starting tomorrow, I will post one of those on the Broncosforums.com/blog each of the next three days.

Retired_Member_001
04-28-2008, 12:32 PM
BigBroncLove and Broncos_mtnman are no longer BroncosForums writers. We appreciate all they have done for the community.

I am also pleased to announce that CoachChaz is now a Full-Time Writer.

Retired_Member_001
04-28-2008, 01:05 PM
Don't forget that we would welcome anyone on to the team after a tryout. Also remember that if you are not part of the articles team but you want to post an article, you can PM it to me and I will post it for you and give you the credit in the title.

Medford Bronco
04-30-2008, 05:20 PM
Wookie,

I am sorry that I have slacked since the Super Bowl.

Med has been kinda busy at work and with home life etc.

I will try to do something in the next week or so if possible. Please dont kick me off :lol: jk

Retired_Member_001
05-02-2008, 02:57 PM
I am pleased to announce that Ziggy is now a Full Time writer for the articles team.

We look forward to reading what he has to say.

Retired_Member_001
05-23-2008, 06:46 AM
I am sad to announce that Dream is no longer a Broncos Forum writer.

Ziggy
05-23-2008, 11:50 AM
I am sad to announce that Dream is no longer a Broncos Forum writer.

That's too bad. I really enjoy Dream's insights and comments.

Retired_Member_001
05-25-2008, 03:03 PM
I am extremely pleased to announce that Broncos_Mtnman is now, once again, a Broncos Forum writer. We look forward to reading Broncos_Mtnman's insightful post game comments.

Denver Native (Carol)
05-25-2008, 09:00 PM
I am extremely pleased to announce that Broncos_Mtnman is now, once again, a Broncos Forum writer. We look forward to reading Broncos_Mtnman's insightful post game comments.

GREAT NEWS - :salute:

Retired_Member_001
05-30-2008, 05:39 PM
I am delighted to announce that BOSSHOGG30, is now a BroncosForum writer.

Retired_Member_001
08-11-2008, 08:06 AM
I am happy to announce that BroncoAV06 is now a BroncosForum writer.

We look forward to all he has to say.

Retired_Member_001
09-09-2008, 12:07 PM
I am sorry to announce that BOSSHOGG30 is no longer a Broncos Forum Writer.

Retired_Member_001
11-14-2008, 08:16 PM
I am extremely happy to announce that Dr Velcro is now a BroncosForum writer.