PDA

View Full Version : Just stopping to say hello.

DeuceOfClub
09-05-2007, 03:05 PM
Great job tnedator, (and everyone else). The board looks great.

For now, I will be watching from the distance, but I just might sneak up on you here or there.

Good luck.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-05-2007, 03:09 PM
:welcome: Deuce - we sure would enjoy your company - so do more than just watch from a distance. :elefant:

Tned
09-05-2007, 04:19 PM

For now, I will be watching from the distance, but I just might sneak up on you here or there.

Good luck.

We have this great football pickem thing we are doing, if you are interested in playing ;)

LOL, glad you dropped by.

Jody
09-05-2007, 04:19 PM

Good luck.

Hope you do find time once in awhile to join us and post. Yes, tned's been working his little fingers to the bone (I'm guessing) getting this place started. I think I got on board as #4, #5, or #6.....somewhere in there, and wow...it's grown quickly. Feels a little like an old board I used to know and love.

Good to see you Deuce! Enjoy that move to Texas. :D

DeuceOfClub
09-05-2007, 06:50 PM
Thanks guys, time will tell.

Anyway here is my 2 cents about how to improve a MSB.
(I think I’m in minority but just in case)

For me the most important thing in a MSB is to access info fast. I just don’t like to scroll, let alone move to the next page.

I always have my setting with max threads per page and max posts per page. I turn off signature because they usually turn to be too big and annoyingly repetitive; and also take too much valuable space on my big screen.
I don’t know what is the signature setting here (don’t have one) but I strongly recommend to make it a default when posting to unchecked. If you find it important you can just check it as you post.
Usually with that setting people make sure to display their sig’ only once per thread.
It can also save on bandwidth.
I also like it better when the personal info is cornered and doesn’t occupy a space of it own. (like the old-old Broncomania or HERE (http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=97883)). Again, more info per screen.

Deuce

Tned
09-05-2007, 06:59 PM
Thanks guys, time will tell.

Anyway here is my 2 cents about how to improve a MSB.
(I think I’m in minority but just in case)

For me the most important thing in a MSB is to access info fast. I just don’t like to scroll, let alone move to the next page.

I always have my setting with max threads per page and max posts per page. I turn off signature because they usually turn to be too big and annoyingly repetitive; and also take too much valuable space on my big screen.
I don’t know what is the signature setting here (don’t have one) but I strongly recommend to make it a default when posting to unchecked. If you find it important you can just check it as you post.
Usually with that setting people make sure to display their sig’ only once per thread.
It can also save on bandwidth.
I also like it better when the personal info is cornered and doesn’t occupy a space of it own. (like the old-old Broncomania or HERE (http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=97883)). Again, more info per screen.

Deuce

Thanks for the suggestions. Appreciate it.

T

Astrass
09-05-2007, 08:26 PM
Hey there Deuce! Hope you visit often.

DenBronx
09-06-2007, 01:35 AM
Thanks for the info Duece. Try and drop by as much as you can. :welcome:

BroncoManiac_69
09-06-2007, 01:44 AM
Deuce....

I was thinking about you over the Labor Day weekend looking ahead to your pick em game each week. You always did such a great job.

I was sad to see you go. I was glad to see somebody else carry on your tradition.

Thanks again for all your hard work on the pick em contest on BM and glad to see you.

Much respect to you

Sincerely
BM69