PDA

View Full Version : What will you be eating/drinking for the season opener?

BigBroncLove
09-05-2007, 02:53 PM
So, what is it?

The season opener is just around the corner and I know all you football fanatics will be preparing for this special event like me. Heck, it's almost a national holiday for those who love the gridiron (though nothing beats your teams season opener).

So any elaborate plans? what will you be eating and drinking?

Me, I grabbed a bunch of beer. A 6 of Sunshine wheat from New Belgium brewing company, and a sixer of New Castle....

As for food, I plan on making some delicious Nachos with miniature pepperoncini on the side (I love the thin delicious miniature pepperoncini), and probably some pizza.....

What about you?

dogfish
09-05-2007, 03:00 PM
not sure, but probably nothing too elaborate-- i've got a massage scheduled for earlier that evening, and i'm also going to have to start packing my car for a weekend camping trip so i can leave ASAP friday. . . that doesn't leave me much time thursday night for a big meal-- i'll probably make some tacos or order a pizza, something like that. . .

and of course, we all know what the beverage of choice will be. . .

:beer: :beer:

most likely either dogfish head's indian brown ale, or bell's two-hearted IPA. . .

BigBroncLove
09-05-2007, 03:12 PM
not sure, but probably nothing too elaborate-- i've got a massage scheduled for earlier that evening, and i'm also going to have to start packing my car for a weekend camping trip so i can leave ASAP friday. . . that doesn't leave me much time thursday night for a big meal-- i'll probably make some tacos or order a pizza, something like that. . .

most likely either dogfish head's indian brown ale, or bell's two-hearted IPA. . .

You love those IPA's don;t you? Never been a big fan, though I must saw Sacramento Brewing Company IPA does have a little something in it I like, but I prefer their Sierra Nevada.... sorry that post should have been reserved for the Beer thread....

Hope ya have a good trip Dfish...

Nomad
09-05-2007, 03:16 PM
Being I'll have the kids (wife's going on a Hawaiian cruise), I thought about making fruit smoothies (blueberries, strawberries, bananas, cherries, yogurt and apple juice). Pizza, cookies and Doritos.

Astrass
09-05-2007, 03:26 PM

Taco night! Awesome idea :beer:

broncos9697
09-05-2007, 03:30 PM
I will be making a pot of bbq little smokey's and drinking it with my jack$coke..
heathly man's meal.

Watchthemiddle
09-05-2007, 03:34 PM
So, what is it?

The season opener is just around the corner and I know all you football fanatics will be preparing for this special event like me. Heck, it's almost a national holiday for those who love the gridiron (though nothing beats your teams season opener).

Me, I grabbed a bunch of beer. A 6 of Sunshine wheat from New Belgium brewing company, and a sixer of New Castle....

As for food, I plan on making some delicious Nachos with miniature pepperoncini on the side (I love the thin delicious miniature pepperoncini), and probably some pizza.....

What about you?

Sunshine Wheat and New Castle are good.

Myself, my day will start off with CHurch with the family that will run 1 hour into the game. I will have it DVR'd so thats not a problem. I just have to make sure I don't give into temptation and turn on 850 KOA on the drive to lunch.

SO yeah, we go to lunch after CHurch and each of us get a Sunday to pick where we are going. This week is my 4 yo daughters choice. Daddy will have a HUGE influence in her decision. SOmething we can take home.

Take home, because at 4 I have to go to work. I have to make sure I can watch the DVR'd version of the game before I have to leave.

So with work no :beer: for me just H2O this week. As it will be for the entire season since I work Sundays adn Mondays...:eek:

Slick
09-05-2007, 04:07 PM
So, what is it?

What about you?

I'm jealous. I really miss the New Belgium brews. Sunshine was my favorite, but I liked Blue Paddle, and of course Fat Tire.

I'll probably do something mexican to eat(fajitas, tacos, something along those lines), and XX or these new little brown brews called Barrilitos(made by the Modelo company). I don't have alot of options on that front.

Skinny
09-05-2007, 04:28 PM
A couple peanut butter (Peter Pan) & jelly (Welch's grape) samwiches with a tall glass of Nestle Quick chocolate milk!

Not just any PB&J!

It's the "skinny special" PB&J!

Heavy on the peanut butter . . . light on the jelly!

TXBRONC
09-05-2007, 04:30 PM
I generally don't snack during on game day. However, I might have one or two diet :pepsi:.

Snapping Turtle
09-05-2007, 04:35 PM
I will be in my dorm. :( PARTY!!!

Watchthemiddle
09-05-2007, 04:36 PM
I generally don't snack during on game day. However, I might have one or two diet :pepsi:.

Have you tried the new Diet Pepsi Max?? That is some good stuff. Extra Caffiene and Ginsing. I like those at night when I have to work till 2:30 or 3 am.

:focus:

Requiem / The Dagda
09-05-2007, 04:38 PM
The Broncos game isn't aired here, so I might have to hit up a sports bar or something where I can watch the game and enjoy a treat or two.

Watchthemiddle
09-05-2007, 04:42 PM
The Broncos game isn't aired here, so I might have to hit up a sports bar or something where I can watch the game and enjoy a treat or two.

Thats the best. Some mini burgers and hot wings. Sports bar food is the best...and usually pretty fair prices.

TXBRONC
09-05-2007, 04:42 PM
Have you tried the new Diet Pepsi Max?? That is some good stuff. Extra Caffiene and Ginsing. I like those at night when I have to work till 2:30 or 3 am.

:focus:

Yes, it was alright, my favorites are, diet vanilla, wild cherry, and carmel cream.

Watchthemiddle
09-05-2007, 04:43 PM
Yes, it was alright, my favorites are, diet vanilla, wild cherry, and carmel cream.

Bro, if they could make the Diet Vanilla in "max" that would be the ultimate.

:beer:

Requiem / The Dagda
09-05-2007, 04:45 PM
Thats the best. Some mini burgers and hot wings. Sports bar food is the best...and usually pretty fair prices.

I'm not sure if they have Buffalo Wild Wings in your area, but that's a place I went a couple of times last year just to watch some other games as well. I was extremely fortunate, only missing the Browns and 49ers games last year - otherwise I was able to see them all. Hopefully I can get my fix, if not I'll have to just have my sister or someone record them for me and send them later.

Last year I had a bad habit of getting a half pound of potato wedges and 20 wings and I'd eat that at one sitting, so I gained a bunch of weight. I'm eating a lot healthier now, but I have to say - I think I can make Broncos Sunday an exception to my health kick. :beer:

dogfish
09-05-2007, 05:19 PM
I will be in my dorm. :( PARTY!!!

sweet, what time should we be there?

Watchthemiddle
09-05-2007, 05:25 PM
I'm not sure if they have Buffalo Wild Wings in your area, but that's a place I went a couple of times last year just to watch some other games as well. I was extremely fortunate, only missing the Browns and 49ers games last year - otherwise I was able to see them all. Hopefully I can get my fix, if not I'll have to just have my sister or someone record them for me and send them later.

Last year I had a bad habit of getting a half pound of potato wedges and 20 wings and I'd eat that at one sitting, so I gained a bunch of weight. I'm eating a lot healthier now, but I have to say - I think I can make Broncos Sunday an exception to my health kick. :beer:

One day a week can be a cheat day. Some do an entire day, some just do one meal. Myself, its an entire day.

I do have Buffalo Wild Wings here. Should we eat them ( since we are playing Buffalo ) for a good superstition because we are eating the Wings, or boycott them because they are from Buffalo??? :laugh:

Not sure. Maybe I can have my 4 yo pick a buffalo wing place for lunch and we can demolish them while we are watching the Broncos demolish the Bills...:beer:

TXBRONC
09-05-2007, 05:40 PM
Bro, if they could make the Diet Vanilla in "max" that would be the ultimate.

Absolutely. But to much would make like this::bounce:.

Calibroncogrl47
09-05-2007, 08:09 PM
Hummm ...

I will be drinking some strawberry margarita's..or Malibu Rum and Pinapple jiuce for sure :)

I will prob make some bean dip... and order some pizza...because this woman does not cook when football is on!!!:laugh:

My hubby learned that the hard way on thanksgiving;)....All food must be prepared prior to kickoff

Jody
09-05-2007, 08:11 PM
A couple peanut butter (Peter Pan) & jelly (Welch's grape) samwiches with a tall glass of Nestle Quick chocolate milk!

Not just any PB&J!

We need to work on you a bit with that PB&J for the game. :D

Jody
09-05-2007, 08:14 PM
I think I'll make me some crab dip with crackers.

Chille (with fat-free Fritos :eyebrows)

Chille's beer by Millers

Skinny
09-05-2007, 08:43 PM
We need to work on you a bit with that PB&J for the game. :Dlol, i usely do Tai-Chinese every game day from my favorite restraunt (chicken pai tai), but i'll be babysitting my little nephew (1 1/2 yrs) sunday so that will be the main course for the day. :D

broncosinindy
09-05-2007, 08:49 PM

Not just any PB&J!

yum i love PB&J's ... ill probably be snacking on some Chips and dips. and a soda or two.

No beer for this boy :(:)

Jody
09-05-2007, 08:55 PM
lol, i usely do Tai-Chinese every game day from my favorite restraunt (chicken pai tai), but i'll be babysitting my little nephew (1 1/2 yrs) sunday so that will be the main course for the day. :D

OH! That makes ALL the difference being in munchkin company. :D

TXBRONC
09-05-2007, 09:05 PM
I think I'll make me some crab dip with crackers.

Chille (with fat-free Fritos :eyebrows)

Chille's beer by Millers

Umm that sounds good.

dogfish
09-05-2007, 09:14 PM
Hummm ...

I will be drinking some strawberry margarita's..or Malibu Rum and Pinapple jiuce for sure :)

I will prob make some bean dip... and order some pizza...because this woman does not cook when football is on!!!:laugh:

My hubby learned that the hard way on thanksgiving;)....All food must be prepared prior to kickoff

damn right, that's the only way to do it! when i lived in denver, we would usually have gameday at my place-- if i got up in time i would make breakfast burritos and a pot of green chile, if not my friends dave and tracy would stop at las delicias and pick something up. . . . mmmm, good times!

SBboundBRONCOS
09-05-2007, 10:15 PM
So, what is it?

What about you?

well sadly i will be working untill 10pm central time:tsk:

but on sunday it is ON

might order a pizza and some hot wings, throw back a couple cold ones (mountain dew that is, only 19)

bu now the ? is do i order buffalo wild wings or just get the wings the pizza place has:whoknows:

In-com-plete
09-06-2007, 08:52 AM
I'll probably start off with a couple Crown & Cokes or Captain & Cokes. And I'll switch to Corona when I start feeling it.

As for the food...who knows. Nachos or whatever's available.

Astrass
09-06-2007, 12:10 PM
Oh man, you guys are killing me. I'm starving now.... lol

anton...
09-06-2007, 12:11 PM
bread and water...

:werd:
________
The Sanctuary of Truth Wong Amat (http://pattayaluxurycondos.com)

Astrass
09-06-2007, 12:30 PM
bread and water...

:werd:

Fat free water I'm sure.....