PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought about the KC-Denver game

KCL
11-28-2009, 10:40 AM
This game will put McD and Cassel back on the field together but on opposite sides of the field...I was thinking about this earlier...I know he has already faced the Pats and Brady but this game seems different with Cassel...maybe because it's a division game and because McD groomed Cassel so to speak when Brady was injured in game 1 last season while playing of all teams...the Chiefs.

KCL
11-28-2009, 10:46 AM
Not that any of this really matters...just writing down my thoughts.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-28-2009, 10:48 AM
I'm sure it will get some hype, but I don't think it'll factor into the game much. 2 rookie HCs going head to head is a bigger story, especially if you guys beat SD this weekend.

jrelway
11-28-2009, 10:57 AM
a former OC going against his former back up qb is really no hype at all. seriously.

spikerman
11-28-2009, 12:27 PM
I hope that McDaniels' knowledge of Cassel's tendencies, strengths, and weaknesses gives Denver an advantage. I don't know that it will, but I can always hope. Denver ALWAYS struggles to win in KC and I'm hoping for any advantage.

No matter what happens, I think the future is bright for KC. They've looked really good lately.

Iron Horse72
11-28-2009, 12:39 PM
Should be a close game I just hope we win.

BroncoWave
11-28-2009, 12:40 PM
a former OC going against his former back up qb is really no hype at all. seriously.

Simplify things much?

There's also the little fact that that former OC become head coach almost worked a trade that send the star QB out of town for that former backup in a move that would wind up forever altering the future of 3 franchises.

jhildebrand
11-28-2009, 12:46 PM

I do think it matters. McDaniels would know Cassell's weaknesses more than anybody else and can help the D attack those deficiencies. Cassell on the other hand knows the Patriot System. It could get interesting.

Ziggy
11-28-2009, 12:48 PM
Denver needs this win to stay in the division race. KC in December is tough place to play regardless of the records. I hope that the long week gives us the advantage, but either way, it should be a close game. McD knows every strength and weakness that Cassell has. It will be interesting to see how they attack him on d. Did I just say attack on d? That has to be my favorite change of this season.

KCL
11-28-2009, 01:37 PM
I do think it matters. McDaniels would know Cassell's weaknesses more than anybody else and can help the D attack those deficiencies. Cassell on the other hand knows the Patriot System. It could get interesting.

Yes you're right...of course it matters...I was more or less referring to the fact that it doesn't matter as far as McD and Cassel being on the same page anymore...because now they won't be...that was last year with the same team...2 different roles on that team compared to what each of them has to do now...I know McD called the plays there but he wasn't the HC but I know he did help Cassel quite a bit...I'm probably not making any sense..;)

Devilspawn
11-28-2009, 02:23 PM
Why does this scenario seem familiar...? :huh:

dogfish
11-28-2009, 03:07 PM
yea, here's a thought for you lady. . . . WE'RE GOING TO WIN!!

:eviltongue: :lol:

dogfish
11-28-2009, 03:08 PM
Why does this scenario seem familiar...? :huh:

possibly because gruden dismantled you guys in the super bowl. . . .?

:noidea:

Peerless
11-28-2009, 05:53 PM
Maybe they will kiss.

TXBRONC
11-28-2009, 05:56 PM
Yes you're right...of course it matters...I was more or less referring to the fact that it doesn't matter as far as McD and Cassel being on the same page anymore...because now they won't be...that was last year with the same team...2 different roles on that team compared to what each of them has to do now...I know McD called the plays there but he wasn't the HC but I know he did help Cassel quite a bit...I'm probably not making any sense..;)

Sure you're making sense to me, although that may not be saying much. :D

T.K.O.
11-28-2009, 05:57 PM
Denver needs this win to stay in the division race. KC in December is tough place to play regardless of the records. I hope that the long week gives us the advantage, but either way, it should be a close game. McD knows every strength and weakness that Cassell has. It will be interesting to see how they attack him on d. Did I just say attack on d? That has to be my favorite change of this season.

i just hope we dont come out of 10 days between games the way we did after the bye......if so its bye bye playoffs !
now it pains me to be negative so i will buffer my previous statement by saying i think the broncos found the missing fire they lacked for 4 weeks at mile high on thanksgiving.
i believe we will see a team rallying behind orton after he proved his metal playing injured and pretty well.
combined with whatever the hell dawkins said to the :defense: in that players only meeting,we should see a team that resembles the team that started 6-0.
every player on the team now knows its "crunch time" play big or go home (literally) .i said before the season we would go 10-6....i still believe we will ,we just have to hope thats good enough to get a w/c or the division !
GO BRONCOS !

KCL
11-28-2009, 07:09 PM
yea, here's a thought for you lady. . . . WE'RE GOING TO WIN!!

:eviltongue: :lol:

okay doggie doo....whatever you say..:coffee:

:D

KCL
11-28-2009, 07:11 PM
Sure you're making sense to me, although that may not be saying much. :D

I don't know what the hell I was trying to say really...:lol:

TXBRONC
11-28-2009, 07:24 PM

Maybe that's why it made sense to me? :laugh:

LRtagger
11-28-2009, 07:34 PM
I have been hoping Josh's familiarity with Cassel coupled with game film on this season will give our defense the advantage to force Cassel into some mistakes.

dogfish
11-28-2009, 07:40 PM

typical woman. . . . :rolleyes:

at least you can admit it!

*runs for his life*

rcsodak
11-28-2009, 08:07 PM

Sorry...but...your point? :confused:

:laugh:

KCL
11-28-2009, 08:17 PM
Sorry...but...your point? :confused:

:laugh:

read through the thread and some of the Denver fans pointed out
my point...see sometimes when I write something via the internet..I'm not
always very good at it...;) but then again.. sometimes I am.

BroncoBJ
11-28-2009, 08:35 PM
Great well thought out thread. I never realized that before. :salute:

Lonestar
11-29-2009, 09:33 AM
Let's hope we do. Not have the same mojo we have in years past with the being unable to win IN KC in december.

Even if they have not won a lot of teams KC has a lot of talent that can surprise anyone.

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel.